Ambidexterity bonuses/penalties

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Poocho
Wanderer

Ambidexterity bonuses/penalties

Unread post by Poocho »

The description for Ambidexterity says it allows the person to use both hands equally, as would be expected. But does that apply to arms as well? Or, more importantly, if I'm right-handed and I have a weapon mounted on my left arm--say a bone sword or a resin duct--will I take a penalty for using that weapon with my off-hand/arm? If so, what would it be?

*I think Splicers is a great and innovative new game. The biggest flaw I see is the lack of important details. I figure the writers have been playing/creating Palladim games so long, they forget some of us don't know all the standard rules.*

Thanks for whatever clarification you can give!

Just my thoughts,
Poocho :)
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Um, given that weapons "mounted" on living armor and host armor is actually *grown* in place, how exactly would you go about using a blade from your left arm with your right arm?
Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

Actually, I said "if I'm right-handed and I have a weapon mounted on my left arm--say a bone sword or a resin duct--will I take a penalty for using that weapon with my off-hand/arm?"

So, back on topic, do off-hand penalties apply only to weapons/items held in the left hand, or do they apply to anything attached/grown on the arm?

--Poocho :)
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Having looked thru what references I have available, I cant find anything that addresses weapons used in the offhand. I suspect its probly covered in either PFRPG or RGMG, neither of which do I have onhand (all we play is Splicers and BtS so Ive not seen a real need for much outside the two).
Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

Does anyone have those resources, or another that will answer this question?

I need to know this primarily to decide on the placement of my weapons. Since a number of them need to be mounted on an arm/hand, I'd like to try to place an equal number on both the right and left arms/hands. Sure, I could just cram everything on the right arm/hand and not worry about it, but then my right arm/hand would become a prime target for my enemies; since they could just eliminate that part of my body and quickly remove a lot of my options.

Thanks as always, demos; and I appreciate any and all efforts by everyone else as well.

Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

I understand what it means to be ambidextrous. I wanted to know what the penalties were for using your offhand when you're not ambidextrous. The book didn't list any.
Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

Thanks for those stats. If you could find official rules, that would be great.

That's just what I'm looking for.

Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

Okay, well, I suppose applying the penalties for Shooting Wild sounds like a reasonable guess. Still, it would be nice to have something official.

Also, do off-hand penalties apply to anything on the left arm/hand, or only to weapons actually held in the off-hand. In other words, if I mount my Resin Duct on my left forearm/wrist, do the penalties still count.

I ask this because I want to be sure of the penalties before deciding where to put each weapon. While I could just mount all weapons on my right arm to be safe, that would make that right arm a very tastey target for any enemies. If they just eliminate that one arm, they'll take out most of my worthwhile attack options.

Poocho :)
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

If your only firing with your left hand then there would be no penalty it is just a normal shot. if your firing with both your left and right hands then your shooting wild.

Yes the penalties would apply to all weapons either in or on your left and right arms.

Return to “Splicers®”