Dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

Dimensions

Unread post by DBX »

Should there be more dimensions for Rifts rpg? Dimensions with power lvl comparative with Rifts rpg?

IMO: there should be more of these type of books.

or is the Megaversal Builder good enough for Rifts?

IMO: there really needs to be such a thing for Rifts, maybe put something along these lines in the Ultimate Rifts rpg book?

does there need to be more stand alone rpg settings released by Palladium, which could be used with Rifts. They have done that to an extent with Wormwood/Phaseworld rpg's
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Yes there should be a lot more dimensions.

This is why I like my idea for a multi dimension book with a half dozen or more lightly described dimensions with if successful follow up source books for each dimension adding more color.

The Megaverse Builder got close but didn't quite get there.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I prefer to use the Megaverse Builder, and make my own.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: Dimensions

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

DBX wrote:Should there be more dimensions for Rifts rpg?

Working on it :D

Dimensions with power lvl comparative with Rifts rpg?

I always thought Phase World and now Splicers compared to Rifts say on an O.C.C./tech level. Unless your talking some other kind of power such as magic energy and the like?

IMO: there should be more of these type of books.

or is the Megaversal Builder good enough for Rifts?

IMO: there really needs to be such a thing for Rifts, maybe put something along these lines in the Ultimate Rifts rpg book?

does there need to be more stand alone rpg settings released by Palladium, which could be used with Rifts. They have done that to an extent with Wormwood/Phaseworld rpg's

I always looked at the other Palladium books as different dimensions. HU, PF, N&SS, TMNT, BTS2, Robotech and even Manhunter. I've used these all in some way as alternate dimensions. Now if you mean something brand new, well those take time to write. But I'm sure there are a few more in Palladium's future. :wink:

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Sentinel wrote:I prefer to use the Megaverse Builder, and make my own.

Sentinel,

Your my hero :ok:

CG
ImageImage
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Dr. Doom v.3.1.1 wrote:Yes there should be a lot more dimensions.

This is why I like my idea for a multi dimension book with a half dozen or more lightly described dimensions with if successful follow up source books for each dimension adding more color.

:ok:
would make a good Rifts Conversion Book 3
DBX
Hero

Re: Dimensions

Unread post by DBX »

I always thought Phase World and now Splicers compared to Rifts say on an O.C.C./tech level. Unless your talking some other kind of power such as magic energy and the like?

Not rp'ed Splicers, didn't think it was a dimension book. rightly or wrongly i always felt that Wormwood/Phaseworld were dimension books for Rifts. Phaseworld got developed into a separate rpg due to its popularity.

Wormwood was too weak for Rifts and at the time Phaseworld was too powerful (compared to Rifts books out at the time when Phaseworld came out)

Though because Rifts was lower power lvl than Phaseworld, it was alot easier to integrate Rifts characters in Phaseworld setting. (more likely us players were happy to get a power boost when in Phaseworld, and were ***** **** when our characters power level was decreased in Wormwood).

Later Rifts books compared better with Phaseworld and vice versa, but i still feel that Phaseworld is slightly too powerful to function as a dimension book for Rifts. It is certainly alot more comparable now than when the first Phaseworld book came out.

obvious example is cosmoknights, there really isn't an occ comparable to them in Rifts, except a high level T-man, who basically smack around splugorths in their spare time, so a cosmoknight is no comparison to them.

a Kreeghor dreadnought versus Kittani dragon dreadnought- no point in comparing power levels.
until this Wrath of God dreadnought came out. even the uber munchkin CWC robots and vehicles don't compare well with Phaseworld stuff.

and neither should they, Phaseworld as i saw it was advanced tech beyond anything on Earth. The only stuff on par with it should be Kittani and Splugorth stuff (and we don't need to have them listed, as it says Splynncryyth is hiding his true power level, and giving a false impression of his power level to his enemies)

and the other is stuff that NE's sells on Earth. There are few others who have Phaseworld tech or should have it.
Certainly most of the times no player character on Rifts Earth should run around with tech on par with Phaseworld tech.

Dimensions for Rifts Earth, should be roughly comparable to Rifts Earth Power levels, where with minimal adjustments interaction can be done between the two. without the GM feeling, must not let them take this and that there, because it upsets the balance. or i must not let them take this and that back to Rifts Earth, as it upsets the balance of power there.

Characters should be able to move back and forth between the dimensions without too much hassle. so if player characters ***** **** in another dimension, NPC's can follow them back to Rifts Earth, without making a huge dent in power levels of the place.

if a Wolfen Quatoria came through, CS,NG,MI and anyone else would rightly want his head on a platter for furthering their own tech level.

tech/occ's, magic, psionics, shouldn't create too many waves in the dimension they connected to. Dimensions connected to Rifts Earth or even Phaseworld should allow a reasonable amount of interaction between the two, without the balance of power shifting because a group of player characters visited it once or twice.

it shouldn't be the case where a dimension's location must be kept secret to stop it being conquered, as the case with Wormwood. because of that it is rather meaningless to have it connected to Rifts Earth or Phaseworld or even say it is a dimension book for Rifts Earth.

Robotech was another dimension and probably the easiest to integrate with Rifts Earth. Palladium is another dimension but again you can't have too many rifts characters popping in and out of Palladium.

we don't really rp the 20C rpg's as other dimensions, but more as the past of Rifts Earth.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”