Baba Yaga

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sigurd Volsung

Baba Yaga

Unread post by Sigurd Volsung »

For those of you who don't now who Baba Yaga is, she's a very powerful witch in Russian folk lore. My questian is, is she detailed in any of the Palladium books?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Just as a footnote to the Witch O.C.C. itself...........

..but pretty nice to know that Kevin did some homework......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I don't have Rifts: Russia or Mystic Russia, so I cannot say for sure.
Those books would be the most likely bets, though.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I don't have Rifts: Russia or Mystic Russia, so I cannot say for sure.
Those books would be the most likely bets, though.

I don't remember reading about her at all in either book. If she is, it would be in Mystic Russia.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

There are two withces described in Mystic Russia, and another supernatural monster that is like babayaga, in that she eats children and lost adventureres. I said "Baba Yaga" as soon as I saw that one.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Re: Baba Yaga

Unread post by Danger »

Sigurd Volsung wrote:For those of you who don't now who Baba Yaga is, she's a very powerful witch in Russian folk lore. My questian is, is she detailed in any of the Palladium books?

Yep, I know who that is. I've read the fairy tale/legend. Baba Yaga is often included in many games, including Advanced D&D (First Ed.) & WoD Vampire: The Masquerade.

It's been mentioned to me that they state Baba Yaga as being in control of most of Russia in Mystic Russia. I've not had the need to verify this for myself, and I'm not sure if they give stats for the iron-toothed witch.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
The Galactus Kid

I need to look closer but as of now, I can't find any mention of Baba Yaga. There is the Night Witch O.C.C., and the hidden witch O.C.C., and the other one that I'm thinking of that steals and eats children is actually in Canada. I think The one in canada parallels the myth of Baba Yaga more than the two in mystic Russia, but i'll keep a look out.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

I've got a copy of Mystic Russia at the house, I'll have to crack it open and see what I can find.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Baba Yaga

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Danger wrote:
Sigurd Volsung wrote:For those of you who don't now who Baba Yaga is, she's a very powerful witch in Russian folk lore. My questian is, is she detailed in any of the Palladium books?

Yep, I know who that is. I've read the fairy tale/legend. Baba Yaga is often included in many games, including Advanced D&D (First Ed.) & WoD Vampire: The Masquerade.

It's been mentioned to me that they state Baba Yaga as being in control of most of Russia in Mystic Russia. I've not had the need to verify this for myself, and I'm not sure if they give stats for the iron-toothed witch.
No, the Rifts: Mystic Russia Book says that she was the "mother" of Modern Witches in Russia; not currently said to exist.....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:There is the Night Witch O.C.C., and the hidden witch O.C.C., and the other one that I'm thinking of that steals and eats children is actually in Canada.

You would be thinking of the D'Sonnoqua Cannibal Woman.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
The Galactus Kid

Yes. One of my favorite NPC villains

MikePGS
D-Bee

Unread post by MikePGS »

Funny that you mention that... i'm somewhat working on some stuff for HU that includes a magic user who goes by the name Baba Yaga... hah... i don't think i'm going to include anything about chicken legged houses though:P...later
The Galactus Kid

don't forget the squeaky gate

this is where I learned of Baba Yaga when i was 5 years old.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0590405160/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-1832004-0737704#reader-page

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This message has been moved to the Rifts Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquiries to prettzkun@hotmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The Galactus Kid

...too bad your witch will look like a nice old lady and will give the PCs a nice warm place to sleep and they wake up in seperate cages with an NPC gutted and in a baking pan in the oven...

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

The Galactus Kid wrote:...too bad your witch will look like a nice old lady and will give the PCs a nice warm place to sleep and they wake up in seperate cages with an NPC gutted and in a baking pan in the oven...

Now I know why all those christmas Hams tasted like chicken.. :lol:
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.

Return to “Rifts®”