Is that Megaverse Builder book.........

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Nope, you dropped it in Rifts, I moved it over. I didn't want to clutter the topic with discussions of how it got moved.

General answer to your question: I liked the book, a lit, but it doesn't give you much in specidifcs. It does provide a wealth of ideas for designing your own planets, solar systems and dimensions.

No Forge
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

I would say to pick it up after you have the other Dimention books, but it is a fairly good book overall.
冠双
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Ishtirru wrote:
gadrin wrote:It's a good book, mainly for revised Shifter OCC and new familiars and designing dimensions/planes.

I think the Forge is for a specific Phase World book. This mentions the 3 Galaxies a few times, but is more of a GM Toolbox type of book.

The Cosmic Forge is described as something that built the Megaverse per say. It doesn't make sense to at least not mention it in such a book.
No it was built afterwards, by the First, said to be one of the VERY first Races to exist after the Big Bang.

The Megaverse was already here when the Forge got there (and who knows?? Maybe the Old Ones were already on the job back then, too).........
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Ish -

Megaverse Builder is not about what built the megaverse, it's a tool kit to help GMs further build and expand the megaverse.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Ishtirru wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Ishtirru wrote:
gadrin wrote:It's a good book, mainly for revised Shifter OCC and new familiars and designing dimensions/planes.

I think the Forge is for a specific Phase World book. This mentions the 3 Galaxies a few times, but is more of a GM Toolbox type of book.

The Cosmic Forge is described as something that built the Megaverse per say. It doesn't make sense to at least not mention it in such a book.
No it was built afterwards, by the First, said to be one of the VERY first Races to exist after the Big Bang.

The Megaverse was already here when the Forge got there (and who knows?? Maybe the Old Ones were already on the job back then, too).........

Ok, then the Forge built Galaxies and such? See I thought the Forge was being equated to be the device that caused the big bang and that the first existed before the big bang and created the forge to build the Megaverse per say.

hate to say it, but I have no idea where you got that idea, there's nothing in any book to even hint at it.

the cosmic forge probablly could build a galaxy, but it was used by the First more as a tool for experimentation.

most likely the first planted teh seeds for many of hte races in the Three galaxies themselves using the cosmic forge, as a long term experiment to see what will evolve--they just didn't survive long enough to see the fruits of their experiments.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I got the Megaverse Builder, and I liked it a lot. It's an excellent resource for GMs to build their own dimensions and dimensional worlds.
There is also a nice revisiting on the Shifter.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Its also a Ray Stevens Song, (where do my socks go, when I put em in the Dryer)
冠双
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Megaversal Builder is a very good GM tool for designing and creating dimensions and "parallel" universes.

The Forge IMHO is a phenomen of the Dimension called the "Three Galaxies".
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Drakenred wrote:Its also a Ray Stevens Song, (where do my socks go, when I put em in the Dryer)

I believe that was the basis for teh Ren & Stimpy episode.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Flick
D-Bee

Worthy book but...

Unread post by Flick »

Personally I love the Megaverse builder and would say go buy it if you are like me. What I mean by this is that you have to like Shifters and dimensional traveling for your campaign. If you are a tech kind of player/GM who plays exclusively on Rifts earth then look elsewhere because there is nothing here for you. MDC familiars, different dimensions and some really cool additions to the Shifter will make magic players salavate. I'm now playing a Artifact hunter (shifter variant) that has boxing and a few air warlock spells. He really can go to town in a fight or indirectly influence things with a huge variety of magic.
I do believe in Narnia.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

I like the maintained mystery behind the Cosmic Forge, 'cause I know as soon as they give it stats, some player is gonna wreck a campaign by either killing it or owning it.
Remember who you wanted to be.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”