Missing creature from DB: 1

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ishmael
Wanderer

Missing creature from DB: 1

Unread post by Ishmael »

I know this has probably already been addressed but is it just me or are there creatures missing. I know in the Seljuk description it talks about another race on their home world that evovled. Called the Dreaded Terror Lizard but there is nothing in the monsters and animals section???
Has this even been noticed and or addressed but PB?
Ishmael "Betrayer of Hope" Incantare

Without hope there is nothing.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Noticed yes.

Addressed no.

After all it took about 20 books to get Molock Enforcers.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Dr. Doom III
Knight

gadrin wrote:
Dr. Doom v.3.1.3 wrote:After all it took about 20 books to get Molock Enforcers.

and they were pretty much redundant, esp when you've got a Repo-Bot.

That and pretty lame.

Somehow I think they ended up in no way like how CJ had them originally.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gadrin wrote:
Dr. Doom v.3.1.3 wrote:
gadrin wrote:
Dr. Doom v.3.1.3 wrote:After all it took about 20 books to get Molock Enforcers.

and they were pretty much redundant, esp when you've got a Repo-Bot.

That and pretty lame.

Somehow I think they ended up in no way like how CJ had them originally.

yeah, I agree.

a minor race of plants that's got like 2 pages of text seemed waaaay overwrought.

I'll just use an "Enforcer" version of the Repo-Bot or substitute the Vanguard Brawler from CWC.
Hey, Gad (Side Tangent): If he says that he's living in the Stumps:

A]] He's probably in 29 Palms, Ca (about 60-70 miles "EAST-ISH" of Palm Springs,

and

B]] He's probably a Marine and temporarily stationed there at the MCAGCC for Training.......

OOH RAH!!!
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

That would be correct I am at the MCAGCC but I am doing the training I am an instructor here at the Comm school. At least I am for another month and a half. Then it's San Diego here I come.

I do have to agree about the Molocks. I got reemed for voicing my opinion when the book first came out but I do have to agree it can't be what CJ first envisioned. We always made them out to be pretty bad.
I was just wondering if someone had come up with the Terror Lizard then it would save my GM a little work.

Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

Yes and no.
I do work with some crazy stuff that you need a TS to access but I don't usually teach that stuff just the basics. Basic electronic circuit theory and trouble shooting is the main thing I teach

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

to answer your question, the Dread Terror Lizards are in Beyond the Supernatural , 1st edition. ...

if you want something akin to it, You will find good replacements in Splynn Dimensional Market and stuff
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Gomen_Nagai wrote:to answer your question, the Dread Terror Lizards are in Beyond the Supernatural , 1st edition. ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Living up to your reputation I see.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no such creature in BTS.
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Ishmael wrote:Yes and no.
I do work with some crazy stuff that you need a TS to access but I don't usually teach that stuff just the basics. Basic electronic circuit theory and trouble shooting is the main thing I teach
Man you're over there in the Radio School, aren't you??

Right across the Street from the Mail Room and the Barracks???

And just how IS Cardiac Hill**these days???

(I TOLD y'all I was a Marine....)

**For those of you not in the know, Cardiac Hill is a "small" hill overlooking the Barracks, about 500-1000 feet high, and made of super-soft Sand that forces you to take about three steps in order to go the same distance forward/up that you normally would with ONE step. We hated running up that FAR more than we would running around the Open Sewer on the other end of the Non-Artillery portion of the Base nearer to the Gates -nothin' like Sewer Smell when you've been running 5 Miles already and are forced to take deep breaths......

Gunnery and Master Sergeants just LOVE it.....**
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Just use the T-Rex stats.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

cornholioprime wrote:Man you're over there in the Radio School, aren't you??

Right across the Street from the Mail Room and the Barracks???

And just how IS Cardiac Hill**these days???

(I TOLD y'all I was a Marine....)

**For those of you not in the know, Cardiac Hill is a "small" hill overlooking the Barracks, about 500-1000 feet high, and made of super-soft Sand that forces you to take about three steps in order to go the same distance forward/up that you normally would with ONE step. We hated running up that FAR more than we would running around the Open Sewer on the other end of the Non-Artillery portion of the Base nearer to the Gates -nothin' like Sewer Smell when you've been running 5 Miles already and are forced to take deep breaths......

Gunnery and Master Sergeants just LOVE it.....**

It's still there but is off-limits to us since we normally have entry-level Marines and that would be to much to do to them.
But I still do it hehehe
Including Lake Bandini Our PFT course is right next to it now yummy nothing like running 3 miles and smelling rancid poo the whole way

Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

Vrykolas2k wrote:Just use the T-Rex stats.

The only reason I didn't want to do something like that is how kickbutt the Seljuks are. I just figured the Terror Lizards would be something even they were wary of
The T-Rex as it stands would get taken down by a couple of unarmed seljuks

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Ishmael wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:Just use the T-Rex stats.

The only reason I didn't want to do something like that is how kickbutt the Seljuks are. I just figured the Terror Lizards would be something even they were wary of
The T-Rex as it stands would get taken down by a couple of unarmed seljuks

Add a zero.
-George Orwell
Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

OR you could use the stats for "the lizard king" on page 170 of the nighbane main book.....(my copy is a nightspawn first printing so it may be on a different page)

if you convert this to MDC you have quick a fromable creature, not so much is the way of special powers.
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

Agent_gir wrote:OR you could use the stats for "the lizard king" on page 170 of the nighbane main book.....(my copy is a nightspawn first printing so it may be on a different page)

if you convert this to MDC you have quick a fromable creature, not so much is the way of special powers.

Thanks I think I'll run that by my GM

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”