E-Clip Charging Solution & New Style M.D. Energy Weapons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Kalinda wrote:
Thinyser wrote:The laser bow as it stands is retarded... there is NO WAY a single draw of the string could make enough energy for an MD blast.

As such I have modified the bow to do 1d6 SDC per pull (must hold a trigger while pulling, releasing trigger releases the shot). Each pull takes one action. This is a multipurpose bow usually used for hunting SDC animals but if several hunters pull their bows back 100+ times then stalk a fury beatle they would have a good chance at taking it out. The eclip option does 2d6 MD and holds 20 shots just like the book. There is 40d6 MD in the clip so that would be 4000 pulls to fully recharge the clip (I say the plunger and string never wear out they are MDC after all).

So 1 pull does 1d6 SDC
2 pulls does 2d6 SDC
10 pulls does 1d6 x 10 SDC
Etc. Etc....
100 pulls does 1d6 MDC

MD is a LOT of energy...not do-able with a single string pull IMO.

That's a very reasonable and useful fix, I like it.

Although now I have an image in my head of a bow with the brand name 'daisy' eched on the stave...

Damn you beat me to it... so is there a chance to blow it up after 100 pumps or how bout shooting out your own eye... or is that just the red ryder model :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Res Sin Kai wrote:
Thinyser wrote:So 1 pull does 1d6 SDC
2 pulls does 2d6 SDC
Etc. Etc....
100 pulls does 1d6 MDC

I like that idea a lot. Though I'd probably set the limit at 2D6 M.D. for the pulling charge. I just know i'll get some idiot PC sitting behind a rock, pumping his little heart out.

"Haha! I pumped it 10,000 times. It took me four days, but I did it! Now this shot will do 1D6x100 m.d.!!"

But seriously. It's a great idea.

Could always be one of the reflex aliens or a speed juicer or someone with super speed.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Thinyser wrote:The laser bow as it stands is retarded... there is NO WAY a single draw of the string could make enough energy for an MD blast.

As such I have modified the bow to do 1d6 SDC per pull (must hold a trigger while pulling, releasing trigger releases the shot). Each pull takes one action. This is a multipurpose bow usually used for hunting SDC animals but if several hunters pull their bows back 100+ times then stalk a fury beatle they would have a good chance at taking it out. The eclip option does 2d6 MD and holds 20 shots just like the book. There is 40d6 MD in the clip so that would be 4000 pulls to fully recharge the clip (I say the plunger and string never wear out they are MDC after all).

So 1 pull does 1d6 SDC
2 pulls does 2d6 SDC
Etc. Etc....
100 pulls does 1d6 MDC

Oh but you'll still go for a little solar pannel can charge up 10%. :nh:

If Zathros was still alive he'd say "You say this stupid is stupid but this stupid is not... that is stupid. Zathros glad you not the one."

Whos post are you reading here I NEVER said that I agree with the solar pannel either I just failed to mention that is also retarded....don't put words in others mouths.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Rifts®”