RIFTS Crossover

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

RIFTS Crossover

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I know this has been mentioned before, but I'm going to ask it again.

Does anyone have any information or even speculation as to what the RIFTS crossovder is that was mentioned in the most recent press release?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Yes.

:wink:
Insert 400 character limit here.

Unread post by Guest »

Todd Yoho wrote:Yes.

Gasp! Really?

lol

You're not allowed to tell us at this time eh?
The Galactus Kid

[pirate music] Todd yoho and a bottle of rum[/pirate music]

Let me rephrase the question...Does anyone have any information on the topic that they are willing to share?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Re: RIFTS Crossover

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I know this has been mentioned before, but I'm going to ask it again.

Does anyone have any information or even speculation as to what the RIFTS crossovder is that was mentioned in the most recent press release?

Not to show my apparent ignorance too much, but what Rifts crossover are you speaking of?
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
The Galactus Kid

Sorry. Here is the quip from the Press Release.

Secret Project Gleba! I have had freelance writer, Carl Gleba, working on a five part, Megaversal crossover series. The first book (Dimension Book: Hades) is finished, Carl’s nearly done with the second book, and . . . hmmm, we’re going to wait until the next book or two are in the pipeline before we launch this groundbreaking series.

ANYWAY, I want to know more about this.

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I think I could guess....But they'd send those Censure goons in on me.. :D
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
The Galactus Kid

I check the site often enough. Go on, hazaard a guess, I'll see it before it gets taken down.

Rimmerdal
Knight

Well A few years a go and Marvel And DC did a cross over and had the X-men square off agianst the Wild cats, Avenegers and the JLA go at it...

This might be a similar situation of various dimenions known figures encountering one another...Cheesey...Maybe..but a possibility.

I know I'd have considered it. especially If I didn't need to pay licences and royalties out the wazoo.
taalismn wrote:

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Clearly it's a Splugorth invasion of the Palladium world. :quiet:

;)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Well okay then....

Hmm, so we know that Carl's done with Hades, so that could mean that Dyval- as the deevils are sworn enemies of the demons of Hades would/could be in that series too.

Perhaps there will be more on the Gargolyes of Hades as a separate book too.

Good things to think about.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Let's see, we know Carl's working on books for Hades and Dyval... we know they're going to be released as Rifts Dimension books, but are better known from the Palladium Fantasy game...

My guess would be that he's doing books on the various demonic and divine dimensions identified in Dragons & Gods.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Sorry. Here is the quip from the Press Release.

Secret Project Gleba! I have had freelance writer, Carl Gleba, working on a five part, Megaversal crossover series. The first book (Dimension Book: Hades) is finished, Carl’s nearly done with the second book, and . . . hmmm, we’re going to wait until the next book or two are in the pipeline before we launch this groundbreaking series.

Sounds like he's coming up with a threat or event that will span multiple dimensions/games.
If it's a demon war, then each book will likely cover a dimension where the war spills over.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Sorry. Here is the quip from the Press Release.

Sounds like he's coming up with a threat or event that will span multiple dimensions/games.
If it's a demon war, then each book will likely cover a dimension where the war spills over.

That would actually, be kinda rad, you know...

As long as it happens in NA.

But I think it's just gonna be a dimention book, like Wormwood, since hades and Dyval are all like connected to every world.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Role-players never cease to amaze me with their powers of deductions. Who know's maybe I'll give a few hints at Gen-Con! :quiet:

Carl
ImageImage
Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

Carl Gleba wrote:Role-players never cease to amaze me with their powers of deductions. Who know's maybe I'll give a few hints at Gen-Con! :quiet:

Carl

That sounds like someone's right...

I like KC's idea. So the five worlds would be Rifts, Palladium, Nightbane, BtS and Heroes Unlimited?[/i]
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Todd Yoho wrote:Yes.

Double yes.

:wink: :wink:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:Role-players never cease to amaze me with their powers of deductions. Who know's maybe I'll give a few hints at Gen-Con! :quiet:

Carl

As a freelancer, will you be in drag too? Or is it just the regular employees?

Okay, now I'm confused.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:

Carl

I think Carl's lined up for the Japanese schoolgirl outfit, whereas I got left with the angry butch carpenter one. At least I don't have to shave...
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:So you're dressed as the real lesbian and Carl is dressed as the imaginary one. Got it. That is rather disturbing all around. :twisted:

My work here is done. :D
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:Your work? I'm the one who got this ball rolling.

And thanks to my disturbing imagery, I stopped the ball, dressed it in a miniskirt and helped give it a nudge back down the hill.

And is this thread derailed, or what?

Doing my part to help get it back on track; the Megaverse crossover is mighty in concept and looks to be great in execution. :ok:
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

my bet: a adventure series that spans Hades, Dyval, Rifts Earth and the Palladium World, and possibly one other.
If it is an adventure it sounds like an epic, has it been playtested Carl?
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

grandmaster z0b wrote:my bet: a adventure series that spans Hades, Dyval, Rifts Earth and the Palladium World, and possibly one other.
If it is an adventure it sounds like an epic, has it been playtested Carl?

Rifts, PFRPG and :D Mechanoids Space :lol:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Todd Yoho wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:

Carl

I think Carl's lined up for the Japanese schoolgirl outfit, whereas I got left with the angry butch carpenter one. At least I don't have to shave...

Not the Japanese schoolgirl outfit again....damn I must be pretty or something :D Yoho....I owe you an atomic noogie! :lol:

Now back on track. I spoke with Kevin and I can discuss limited details. Hades is the first Book, then Dyval....then I break down the dimensional barriers and let loose the hounds of war........ :demon: :demon:

Carl
ImageImage
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Carl Gleba wrote:
Now back on track. I spoke with Kevin and I can discuss limited details. Hades is the first Book, then Dyval....then I break down the dimensional barriers and let loose the hounds of war........ :demon: :demon:

Carl

Hehehehe... cool Carl.. at least I had the Dyval book as #2 right. I can hardly wait!
— Oscar Wilde
Defender_X
Explorer

Unread post by Defender_X »

So in other words, the perfect excuse to use all those Palladium sitting on the shelf.
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
The Galactus Kid

HOLY CRAP!!! This is going to be BIG. Carl, I just want you to know that I'm downright GEEKED about this project. As for you in the Japanese schoolgirl outfit, I think I can wait. Actually, the thought of any of the freelancers in drag kinda makes my mind hurt.

RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

mallak wrote:I hope they realize that Mega-Crossovers is what really started to kill the stories and interest in alot of the Comics

"Harumph!"

Crossovers are like everything else. When done well, as in X-Men/Alpha-Flight & Asgardian Wars (. . . back in the day), they are spectacular.

When they're done poorly, as in Secret Wars II & III, they are truly terrible. (Oh, and Secret Wars I was only midlin' good, anyway; too many mischaracterizations).

For me, Marvel Comics destroyed itself by re-writing the entire background of the X-Men with Mr. Sinister, and plus drowning every series they had in nothing but disaster, depression, stupidity (New Mutants & the whole entire Birdbrain incident; which was only a reflection of the mental state of the authors and editors at the time), and missed opportunities. I paid some shelf-glancing attention for a while. Magneto went back to evil, then Magneto had always been in charge of the X-Men instead of Xavier, and then it was back to normal . . .

Most of the other series, Thor, Avengers, West Coast Avengers, etc., all experienced similar problems.

From a high of collecting over 20 titles (I know, small potatos in comparison to some), I abandoned Marvel in 1992 for the greener and more compelling Independents (in the middle of the lengthy disintegration noted above), and never went back save for a few passing glances.

Hmm, a couple of other truly terrible crossovers, Fall of the Mutants and Inferno, were associated with the noted disintegration, but I still say that crossovers can either be good or bad, and are not themselves the reason for the failure of Marvel.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

John Kronus wrote:Hey not cool... I liked marvel's Secret Wars I :P

The question, then, is how much you liked it?

As an adventure, it was ok.

As a character study, it was not.

The X-Men were pretty powerful, even then. Spider-Man launched through all of them as though they were nothing.

Wolverine had already started down the road away from totally violent behavior, and he just cut off the Absorbing Man's (or whatever his name was) arm with his claws.

It was a bunch of little things.
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Rimmerdal
Knight

That said Rain...I can see there point if they do something that spills into other plots aready started it could be a disaster....

HOWever (You should all know I like to see both sides of the fence...)
there is alot of potentail in an invaion across a few Dimensions. (AI's do it all the time...)

Now they can actually stop it or stem the damage BEFORE it starts. though it is unlikely PB would even attempt it.
taalismn wrote:

Defender_X
Explorer

Unread post by Defender_X »

John Kronus wrote:
Defender_X wrote:So in other words, the perfect excuse to use all those Palladium sitting on the shelf.

:? in what is this a referance to :?

I'm lost. :?

My bad, I forgot to add books, I meant all the books on the shelf.
I get that many attacks with my beam cannons?!
RainOfSteel
Champion

Rimmerdal wrote:That said Rain...I can see there point if they do something that spills into other plots aready started it could be a disaster....

there is alot of potentail in an invaion across a few Dimensions. (AI's do it all the time...)

Now they can actually stop it or stem the damage BEFORE it starts. though it is unlikely PB would even attempt it.

I was just trying to say, in my own obfuscatory manner, that we should wait and see how the crossover affects everything, and not leap to "they'll be ruined by this crossover" before we've even seen any of it.
Rimmerdal
Knight

RainOfSteel wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:That said Rain...I can see there point if they do something that spills into other plots aready started it could be a disaster....

I was just trying to say, in my own obfuscatory manner, that we should wait and see how the crossover affects everything, and not leap to "they'll be ruined by this crossover" before we've even seen any of it.

Agreed, Let's wait and see. I would like a few loose end tied up and PC's a chance to make a big difference in the Megaverse...this may be that chance.
taalismn wrote:

RainOfSteel
Champion

Rimmerdal wrote:Agreed, Let's wait and see. I would like a few loose end tied up and PC's a chance to make a big difference in the Megaverse...this may be that chance.

Ah yes, the grand super-epic. Every game needs one. T1-4, A1-4, GDQ1-7 for DnD. Or even a minor saga, like Harlequin or Harlequin's Back (Shadowrun).
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

RainOfSteel wrote:
John Kronus wrote:Hey not cool... I liked marvel's Secret Wars I :P

The question, then, is how much you liked it?

As an adventure, it was ok.

As a character study, it was not.

The X-Men were pretty powerful, even then. Spider-Man launched through all of them as though they were nothing.

Wolverine had already started down the road away from totally violent behavior, and he just cut off the Absorbing Man's (or whatever his name was) arm with his claws.

It was a bunch of little things.

Eh.
I liked it.
Spiderman is powerful.
Absorbing man had it coming.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Jimmy Crat
Explorer

Unread post by Jimmy Crat »

I agree, Calgary Rift monster Kingdom is what I'm thinking. It could be great. That said, I also think it will involve the Palladium world. It doesn't bother me since I don't play in that setting so they can't mess it up for me. On the downside, I'll probably have to buy 3-5 PF books to make use of the adventure. Darned Palladium and their good/bad marketing plans...
Almost doesn't count; except in horseshoes, tiddly-winks, and hand grenades.

10 Ha-Ha points - thx cornholioprime
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Necronomicus wrote:Has it occured to anyone that you're reading too much into them saying "crossover" like it's a dirty word.
Perhaps that just means its a crossover in the fact that the Hades and Dyval dimensions originated with the PF and is being incorporated into Rifts. Hence the "crossover"
Although the timing seems awfully convenient for whatever is brewing in the Calgary monster kingdom.
Some giant sourcebooks full of demons and deevils could be very handy for whatever they have planned for that
Yeah it's not like it's a four letter word. Wait it's two four letter words.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Oooo!!!! Crossovers. I like crossovers. The more the marrier I say. But those are stories I read on line and not games and I have never seen any "crossover games" officially come out. I just hope that Palladium does a good job with it, because I like Palladium and I like crossovers, so all I can do is hope and pray it comes out good.
Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Necronomicus wrote:Has it occured to anyone that you're reading too much into them saying "crossover" like it's a dirty word.
Perhaps that just means its a crossover in the fact that the Hades and Dyval dimensions originated with the PF and is being incorporated into Rifts. Hence the "crossover"
Although the timing seems awfully convenient for whatever is brewing in the Calgary monster kingdom.
Some giant sourcebooks full of demons and deevils could be very handy for whatever they have planned for that

Actually, it's one five-letter word and one four-letter word.

But I digress...

Speculation is fine, but stop complaining about how much it's gonna suck until you've seen it. THEN you can decide whether or not it sucks.
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne
RainOfSteel
Champion

Killer Cyborg wrote:Eh.
I liked it.
Spiderman is powerful.

Spiderman's power levels have been displayed all over the place. The main trouble is, the X-Men are pretty kick-*** themselves.

Absorbing Man did have it coming, but the problem with that is the X-Men of the time didn't do that sort of thing (back then, before Storm's transformation into Ms. Punk; that was a huge thing about them, one of the foundational concepts of the group).

And remember, I did say Secret Wars I was "midlin' good".
RainOfSteel
Champion

Zer0 Kay wrote:Yeah it's not like it's a four letter word. Wait it's two four letter words.

I may be mistaken in reading that, but are you saying that crossover is two four letter words?
RainOfSteel
Champion

John Kronus wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Yeah it's not like it's a four letter word. Wait it's two four letter words.

I may be mistaken in reading that, but are you saying that crossover is two four letter words?

Yeh thats what he was getting at... but Necrite corrected him ! :D

Necrite wrote:Actually, it's one five-letter word and one four-letter word.

But I digress...

Yes, I saw that, after I made my post.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

RainOfSteel wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Eh.
I liked it.
Spiderman is powerful.

Spiderman's power levels have been displayed all over the place. The main trouble is, the X-Men are pretty kick-*** themselves.

Absorbing Man did have it coming, but the problem with that is the X-Men of the time didn't do that sort of thing (back then, before Storm's transformation into Ms. Punk; that was a huge thing about them, one of the foundational concepts of the group).

Most likely, the X-men underestimated Spidey... a lot of people do.

And Wolverine was always pretty much a feral killer... they just normally reigned him in (often to unnatural extents).
The X-Men were put into a position where it was kill or be killed, and Wolverine was quick to adapt.
Personally, I was glad to see him use his claws for what they were designed for... it was a nice change of pace.
Normally his claws were about as useful as He-Man's sword in the cartoon... "Instead of stabbing him, I'll chop down this tree and maybe it will fall on the guy..."

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

RainOfSteel wrote:
John Kronus wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:

Yeh thats what he was getting at... but Necrite corrected him ! :D

Necrite wrote:Actually, it's one five-letter word and one four-letter word.

But I digress...

Yes, I saw that, after I made my post.

You've heard of a silent 'e' this is an invisible 's' :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Necrite wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Actually, it's one five-letter word and one four-letter word.

But I digress...

Speculation is fine, but stop complaining about how much it's gonna suck until you've seen it. THEN you can decide whether or not it sucks.

I'm not complaining. I was just commenting on his comment like we were treating it like it was a curse word and it could actually be two 'cross over'. :D I like cross overs. I also like vague references (like in Sky High where Lynda Carter says "What do you expect? I'm not Wonder Woman.")

Crossovers are awesome, BRING IT ON!! Except the supposed Babylon 5, Star Trek Crossover :barf:

To bad they can't mix in their old expired liscensed products.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

RainOfSteel wrote:

Just for clarity... No :D just that instead of being one curse word it could be two four letter words as in two curse words. :P
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

i'm kinda Hoping this Crossover will involve the Pantheon of the Megaverse/Dragons and Gods sourcebooks for NPCs too.

Gods of LIGHT vs Gods of DARKNESS
DEMONS vs DEVILS
True Dragonwright Cult's Dragon Gods

THIS stuff should be used to full effect in any MEGAversal crossover.

It Might be a great excuse to make updated Ultimate Dragons and Gods megaversal sourcebook later on. Same for the Pantheon, though it just was reprinted...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

You know, in the Megaverse/ Dimension Builder Book (another one that Carl wrote!), there was an adventure where a Mechanoid Brain conquered a small portion of this one technological based dimension (a very small part mind you). In the adventure, the Brain unlocked/ discovered more secrets of dimensional travel....

....hmmmm
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

no more mechanoids please...

Rifts already did a mechaniod invasion book...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

TechnoGothic wrote:no more mechanoids please...

Rifts already did a mechaniod invasion book...
Doesnt have to be for Rifts Earth. Could be for Phaseworld. And besides, Mechanoid Invasion wasnt much of an invasion. More like a scouting party or advanced Recon team.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Rifts®”