Cosmo Knight vs. Promethean

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whos the toughest? Another Versus.

Cosmo Knight
71%
Promethean
29%

Total votes: 21

Jimmy Crat
Explorer

Unread post by Jimmy Crat »

What stage promethean?
Almost doesn't count; except in horseshoes, tiddly-winks, and hand grenades.

10 Ha-Ha points - thx cornholioprime
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Cosmo Knight.

even taking MD=SDC, one max power cosmic blast wins the day
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Snippersly wrote:A first stage Promethean...the little ones.

8 foot baby? :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Re: Cosmo Knight vs. Promethean

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Snippersly wrote:So who would win this one?

So I'm guessing there's a nasty surprise upcomming for our PC groups' Promethean??? Hmmmm.....???
LOL

But to answer that question, I must also throw my support with the Cosmo Knight.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Cosmo-Knight......IF facing a First Stager.

Cosmo will wear down the First Stager over time, even factoring in the First Stager's Resistance to Damage. It should all be over very quickly.

Promethian if the Cosmo-Knight is facing a Second Stager.

Second Stagers effectively have the MDC of an Ancient Dragon when one factors in their Damage Resistance and innate MDC levels; add to this the Second Stager's potentially impressive array of Psionic Powers (which Cosmo-Ks take full damage from). Zap the Cosmo, and attack with Psi-Sword or just plain old Superhuman Strength.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Please note that I am talking of an "arena" situation; the Cosmo in my Scenario isn't allowed to fly/FTL away and the Promethian isn't allowed to Dimensional Teleport or Distance Teleport.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gadrin wrote:yeah, the Phase Blasts ignores "convential" armor, so all that MDC doesn't mean much. Underneath though the CK has a nice base MDC.

Even a basic first-stager RCC can use phase powers and teleport.

Phase Field (divides all attacks by 10) a Pro should be able to hold out for a while.

A Phase Adept would be trouble.
Agreed with Gadrin, and amend my former Post as follows:

A]] 1st Stager vs. Cosmo: Cosmo Wins.

B]] 1st Stager Phase Adept vs. Cosmo: Cosmo gets his arse handed to him.

C]] 2nd Stager vs. Cosmo Knight: Cosmo Knight not only gets his arse handed to him, but his ass gets mailed back to him in many small packages.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Unread post by Guest »

cornholioprime wrote:Cosmo-Knight......IF facing a First Stager.

Cosmo will wear down the First Stager over time, even factoring in the First Stager's Resistance to Damage. It should all be over very quickly.

Promethian if the Cosmo-Knight is facing a Second Stager.

Second Stagers effectively have the MDC of an Ancient Dragon when one factors in their Damage Resistance and innate MDC levels; add to this the Second Stager's potentially impressive array of Psionic Powers (which Cosmo-Ks take full damage from). Zap the Cosmo, and attack with Psi-Sword or just plain old Superhuman Strength.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Please note that I am talking of an "arena" situation; the Cosmo in my Scenario isn't allowed to fly/FTL away and the Promethian isn't allowed to Dimensional Teleport or Distance Teleport.

Yeah, that I pretty much agree with.

Return to “Rifts®”