Juicer augmentation purchase

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Battle_Magi
D-Bee

Juicer augmentation purchase

Unread post by Battle_Magi »

Could a Neo-Human that traveled to North American get a Juicer augmentation, excluding the Dragon and Mega Juicer?

If so what would when the Supernatural transformation was activated? :?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

no, he couldn't. a Neo Human isn't human enough for juicer agumentation
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jimmy Crat
Explorer

Unread post by Jimmy Crat »

I'd agree. The doc doing the conversion probably wouldn't know the difference. He'd implant the harness and either right away, the first major stress, or the first supernatural transformation would probably kill him.
Almost doesn't count; except in horseshoes, tiddly-winks, and hand grenades.

10 Ha-Ha points - thx cornholioprime
Battle_Magi
D-Bee

Unread post by Battle_Magi »

However the life span is 100+ISP x 3 years, and to add to that fact he got a higher Physical Endurance too
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Battle_Magi wrote:However the life span is 100+ISP x 3 years, and to add to that fact he got a higher Physical Endurance too

it's a matter of the differences in Psysiology, not a difference in lifespand and PE
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Juicer augmentation purchase

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Battle_Magi wrote:Could a Neo-Human that traveled to North American get a Juicer augmentation, excluding the Dragon and Mega Juicer?

Dragon Juicer....maybe. No detox though...

Maxi-Killer...yeah i'd allow it.

Mega-Juicer...no...its rare for a normal human to survive it or qualify for it also...

Pycho-Juicer...maybe some thing like this would be doable...a temporary mdc transformation...yeah i'd allow it.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Of course he could get it.

It would kill him however, and not with the 5 plus year wait either, so I would recommend against it. :)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:no, he couldn't. a Neo Human isn't human enough for juicer agumentation
Agreed.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Battle_Magi wrote:However the life span is 100+ISP x 3 years, and to add to that fact he got a higher Physical Endurance too

it's a matter of the differences in Psysiology, not a difference in lifespand and PE
Agreed again.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I would say that Neo-humans cannot become juicers, here's why:

In the flavor text on Neo-humans it describes them as being
"closer genetically to the mutant animals than to 'real' humans."
It twice implies that they are mutant animals rather then humans
"The number of Neo-humans is very low (accounting for less then 1% of all mutant animals.)
And again in the section on allies:
"Alliances and allies: other mutant animals,"

In Juicer uprising, on pages 16-17 under 'non-human Juicers' it says the following:
"In particular, any mutant animal with supernatural powers (like many of the subspecies described in Rifts South America one and two) cannot accept the juicer process."

The neo-humans are technically mutant animals, and they have supernatural powers (in particular the supernatural transformation ability.) So they cannot become juicers.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Kalinda wrote:I would say that Neo-humans cannot become juicers, here's why:

In the flavor text on Neo-humans it describes them as being
"closer genetically to the mutant animals than to 'real' humans."
It twice implies that they are mutant animals rather then humans
"The number of Neo-humans is very low (accounting for less then 1% of all mutant animals.)
And again in the section on allies:
"Alliances and allies: other mutant animals,"

In Juicer uprising, on pages 16-17 under 'non-human Juicers' it says the following:
"In particular, any mutant animal with supernatural powers (like many of the subspecies described in Rifts South America one and two) cannot accept the juicer process."

The neo-humans are technically mutant animals, and they have supernatural powers (in particular the supernatural transformation ability.) So they cannot become juicers.
Nicely put.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Juicer augmentation purchase

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Battle_Magi wrote:Could a Neo-Human that traveled to North American get a Juicer augmentation, excluding the Dragon and Mega Juicer?

Neo-Humans cannot even receive the Maxi-Killer treatment...
Their Psychic Powers prevent them from coolness.

Rifts Juicer Uprising page 54 Maxi-Killer #11 Racial Limitations wrote:Humans, True Atlantians (not tattoes men), Kittani, Kydians, Wolfen, Elves, Dwarfs, Simvan, Hawrk-duhk, Hawrk-ka, Hawrk-ohl, and a viariety of Human-like D-Bees. Splugorth High Lords, can also recieve the treatment but conservators.
Shapeshifter, Major, or Master Psychics, Partitioners of Magic, Creatures of Magic and Supernatural Beings cannot undergo this treatment
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Res_Novae wrote:What about a wormwood mdc human?

they can.

Return to “Rifts®”