Could a Super Hero destroy the Coalition?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Quick question if a player has invulnerable to magic, ( a minor in hero's) gets rifted to rifts earth the power becomes a major, and he can't have another major. What happens?
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

remember the coalition always keeps some of the most useful mutant humans around, say ones who can negate super powers, got a few "we are unstoppable" with that one :lol:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Mega-Hero with :
Mega-Immortality
*Invulnerability
*Super-Energy Expulsion *whatever*
*Extraordinary Speed
*Extraordinary PE
*Flight *wingless*

Ok, now if this guy thinks the same way as the CS in general.
He might join the CS. If he can ;)
If they allowed him to join, he might raise through the Ranks fast though.
Then he can take over from within...being Immortal means they cannot kill him off.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Do Superheroes sense as supernatural beings to Dog Boys or Psi-Stalkers?
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

RainOfSteel wrote:Do Superheroes sense as supernatural beings to Dog Boys or Psi-Stalkers?

They can be sensed, but they seem different from supernatural creatures.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

gadrin wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:In a SDC world, the Invulnerability power makes the character invulnerabls AND provides extra SDC. In an MDC setting, it still makes the character invulnerable AND provides extra MDC.

Scraypers, p. 151
"An Impressive Power that makes the character an almost indestructable juggernaut. Most physical attacks do no damage whatsoever! This means cold, fire, heat, electricity, lasers, other types of energy, bullets, punches, falls, and so on, do no damage!"

and

"700 MDC and regenerates 1d6x10 MDC every minute..."

grabs Neural Mace and uses it like a deodorant stick...

"Great product, makes me tingle all over. Now I'm ready to kick some Coalition butt!"

I don't think so... They are still affected by poison and tear gas and such, so a neural mace would probably affect them as well (1/2 effect).
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Unread post by Guest »

Hmmm.

PuII Godling
Imp to Psionics
Imp to Poison/Gases
Disintegration
Intangibility
Rechannel and Absorb Energy
Multiple Selves

That guy alone, could systematically take apart ANYTHING you could POSSIBLY throw at him from the Coalition, barring some secretive magic users in their midst, and with a high enough P.E. that wouldn't really be an issue.

Given time, he would win.

Guerilla Warfare and all that, except with no losses on the Guerilla's side.

Or, do what a friend of mine did, get Telemechanic Possession, get to Robotechs dimension somehow, get the SDF-1, Possess it, kill the crew off, probably by dumping them into space, and then Rift it back, and nuke Chi-Town from orbit over a period of weeks.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Wow you guys sure are (un)imaginative, "Well gee, that didnt work how 'bout a whole new set of powers, hwuk-hwuk." :?

Just let it go, no ONE being could destroy the CS, there is always a counter measure. Plus youre forgeting (or ignoring) the fact that even some of the "enemies" of the CS would step in to stop this being.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Edge wrote:Hmmm.

PuII Godling
Imp to Psionics
Imp to Poison/Gases
Disintegration
Intangibility
Rechannel and Absorb Energy
Multiple Selves

That guy alone, could systematically take apart ANYTHING you could POSSIBLY throw at him from the Coalition, barring some secretive magic users in their midst, and with a high enough P.E. that wouldn't really be an issue.

Given time, he would win.

Guerilla Warfare and all that, except with no losses on the Guerilla's side.

Or, do what a friend of mine did, get Telemechanic Possession, get to Robotechs dimension somehow, get the SDF-1, Possess it, kill the crew off, probably by dumping them into space, and then Rift it back, and nuke Chi-Town from orbit over a period of weeks.

secretive magic users like the Vanguard perhaps? an entire secret organization of mages loyal to the CS and humanity. An organization that Joey mk3 knows about and can contact?

And you can always roll a 1 on your saving throw.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.

Unread post by Guest »

Yeah, as long as we're inventing powers for the Hero's, why not give the CS a chance to technologically enhance themselves without any real logic?

788 CS-KT Bending laser - 1D4x100 MD, laser/heat seeker/diaper changer/radio tuner, double damage to unoriginal ideas.

Return to “Rifts®”