What TW Items do you plan or making?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

What TW Items do you plan or making?

Unread post by Thinyser »

Now that there is a ruleset for making TW items (in RUE) what are a few you intend to make?

I was thinking about doing some with Temporal Magic maybe a gun that freezes things in time (and space) for a few melees. Maybe a refrigerator where food never goes bad! Instantaneous cooking Microwave...by the time your finger is off the start button its done...just make damn sure you know the exact cooking time before you press start..."Cough cough cough DAMNIT I must have put that popcorn in for 00:23:00 rather than 00:02:30! :ugh:

Also had the idea to make a bunch of different arrows (using the "one time use" rules) for the MDC damage capable bow and crossbow...CoA, magic net, cloud of slumber, Annihilation etc.

Oh and.... W00T! 1500
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
RainOfSteel
Champion

Re: What TW Items do you plan or making?

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Thinyser wrote:Now that there is a ruleset for making TW items (in RUE) what are a few you intend to make?

Techno-Wizard hyperdrive.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

As soon as I get the Book and read the new Rules.....

TW Weps with BETTER Range (hopefuly enough Range to be comparable to Tech Weps), that anybody can use.

Then mass-produce them and sell them to the Magic-Using Nations for a boatload of cash.

After that...hello Splynn Bio-Wizardry Market!!!
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Probably my shoot through walls sniper rifle that I posted a year or so back.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Preacher wrote:Probably my shoot through walls sniper rifle that I posted a year or so back.
Isn't that Real World cutting-edge Tech??

A Super High-Powered Rifle that uses special Energy Wavelength Scanners to "see" through Solid Objects and then the High Powered Round punches through same Materials????

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

RainOfSteel wrote:
Thinyser wrote:Now that there is a ruleset for making TW items (in RUE) what are a few you intend to make?

for Space ships?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Preacher wrote:Probably my shoot through walls sniper rifle that I posted a year or so back.

OK I cant remember where I hear of somehting like this but I heard of a TW device that use a clarivoyence spell on the "scope" (see anywhere on the same plane) and would teleport the projectile as it traveled down the barrel to where the "scope" was looking...the only drawback was you either need the true name of the target or a piece of the target (hair, blood, fingernail clipping, etc.) for the scope to "Home in".

Aerv
D-Bee

Unread post by Aerv »

Vonluckner's (Patented) Fusion Block transporter.

A modified laser pistol, the emitter replaced with a simple laser targeter, which teleports Fusion Blocks stored in a hip pouch containing a dimensional pocket to the target pinpointed by the laser beam. :demon:
In Communist Russia, role-playing game plays you!
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Misanthropic wrote:An explosive cross between Annilhate and that spell that wrecks buildings, collapse, I think…as well as some law enforcement non-lethal weaponry. I am fascinated with police work and have wondered about some non-lethal methods of detaining and arresting such a diverse crowd that a cop in 109 P.A. may face…juicers, ‘borgs, crazies, as well as the supernatural and plain ol’ MDC d-bees.

I am thinkin gof a flash-bang combo, Thunder and Blind, as well as a Compulsion badge, some type of device that will disable the engine of vehicles, either a shot or road laid device. Different types of restraints as well, say gag-ball with silence, helmet playing white noise, anti-magic cells, TW walkie talkies. Warrants that actually play the voice of the judge issuing them…I’m still working on it.

Anyone else notice that a TW mage can create an item that stores P.P.E. and can be used by a non-mage/non-psionic?

Does anyone know how to create an TW item that recharges itself? I’ve seen many items that do that, but I’ve yet to find any rules on how to create it…

Oh, and a bubble gun that shoots small maybe six inch spheres of Impenetrable force…ideally placed as more of a hindrance to movement, maybe make someone crash their hovercycle or whatnot.

I had also thought to make the flashbang grenades. Also a CoA gun and a TK machine gun that doesn't do MDC just low SDC (like 1d4) but has a 50% knockdown percentage and a 25% knockout percentage for Riot control on SDC crowds.
slap down a CoA area so the crowds can't get close to you then pelt the unruly ones into submission with blasts of TK force that sting but don't do any real damage.

Unread post by Guest »

My book STILL isn't here yet, despite placing the order over three weeks ago, but I was under the assumption that you could only place certain level spells into items using techno-wizardy, ruling out spells like Annihilate.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Res Sin Kai wrote:My book STILL isn't here yet, despite placing the order over three weeks ago, but I was under the assumption that you could only place certain level spells into items using techno-wizardy, ruling out spells like Annihilate.

nope the rule is the TW can only use spells in a device that are his level or lower. Since Annihilate is a 14th level spell it would require the TW to be 14th lvl or higher to put it in a divice. The appropriate gemstone to make it work is Lapis Lazuli only 5000 credits per carat. you need a base of half the spell level in carats so that would require 7 carats of Lapis OR you can use less than 7 carats but then a higher PPE cost for creation is imposed.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Shadow_otm wrote:I'm going to make a frigate or something an form a group of Leyline pirates! Then I'll make PPE batteries for the ship to store energy so it can spend a limited time away from leylines. Lastly, make some large TW cannon on it to blast things. Should I name it the Delphinus?

Arrg...sounds good to me mate.

:thwak: Sorry had to.

Good luck with the PPE batteries. Your gonna need a large PPE amount to run a ship and its weapons and the stones you need are expensive and rare. Diamonds (20 PPE/carat) are 15,000 credits a carat and are only easily available in South Africa. Emeralds (10 PPE/carat) are 16,000 credits a carat and are found in South America.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

TW Annihilate "hold out" pistol:

This Derringer Sized pistol is meant to be your last ditch effort at taking down your opponent. It fires one shot and relies on its massive damage to be effective. Range Is poor in comparison to the spell (only 100 yards/300 feet) but it retains the full 2d4 x 100 Mega-damage to the target and 4d6 x 10 to the surrounding 10 foot radius. Since the device has no "storage" for PPE it is usable only by Mages and Psychics.

Device level: 14

P.P.E. Construction cost: 1000!

Spell chain needed: Annihilate

Physical requirements: A lump of Lapis Lazuli weighing 84 carats that has been "stone shaped" into a derringer pistol. Rifeling groves are then etched into the stone "barrel" and filled flush with the bore with depleated uranium. Cost: 500,000 credits for the Lapis Lazuli (normaly 84 carats is only 420,000 but for a single lump this size expect to pay a premium) plus the cost of a stone shaper to create the appropriate shape, 1,000 credits for the DU.

Duration of charge: Once charged it holds its charge indefinitely.

To Recharge: 50 P.P.E. or 100 I.S.P.

Construction time: 1,400 hours! Plus however long it takes the stoneshaper to do his thing first.

Total construction cost: 640,000 Credits

Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

A shield system incorporating the Paradox Spell-Little Force. Sure to ruin your attackers' day. :D
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
bigwhitehound

my tw stuff

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

A TW repulactior (?)/sysnizetzer(?). A TW repeating crossbow. A TW wing board that can be used anywere. :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Reaper wrote:a small collection of hand grenades that have different elemental magic spells in them. Tornado, river of lava, and some others. The cloud magic, rolling thunder, and many other fun selections from other unique areas of magic. :demon:
I'll go you one better.

Elemental ARTILLERY!!!

Let's see how smug the Coalition or any other aggressor Tech State will be to find their troops' advance stopped by River of Lava Artillery Shells!!!

And as always, I'd "insist" that the shells have all the Range of their Non-Magical Counterparts.....

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

cornholioprime wrote:
Reaper wrote:a small collection of hand grenades that have different elemental magic spells in them. Tornado, river of lava, and some others. The cloud magic, rolling thunder, and many other fun selections from other unique areas of magic. :demon:
I'll go you one better.

Elemental ARTILLERY!!!

Let's see how smug the Coalition or any other aggressor Tech State will be to find their troops' advance stopped by River of Lava Artillery Shells!!!

And as always, I'd "insist" that the shells have all the Range of their Non-Magical Counterparts.....

good ideas but...
You might as well go for the whole range:
Hand grenades
Propelled grenades
Morters
Artillery
& Bombs
:D

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Thinyser wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
I'll go you one better.

Elemental ARTILLERY!!!

good ideas but...
You might as well go for the whole range:
Hand grenades
Propelled grenades
Morters
Artillery
& Bombs
Hell. I'll settle for Elemental Rounds ("Bullets" to the rest of youse).

Just like Tracer Rounds.

Every sixth Bullet has "Agony" or "Carpet of Adhesion," or "Miasma," or some such, which goes off wherever the Round hits!!!

...'cause I'm evil like that.

:demon:

DrBeau
Wanderer

Re: TW Devices

Unread post by DrBeau »

Morningstar wrote:Now for fun, I am trying to make the "Improbability Drive" from "Hitchhikers" using a combination space fold system, Rift Jump Drive, and Beat Insurmountable Odds spell...

That sounds very interesting. Using Beat Insurmountable Odds sounds like it might be fun to play around with.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Findar wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
Res Sin Kai wrote:My book STILL isn't here yet, despite placing the order over three weeks ago, but I was under the assumption that you could only place certain level spells into items using techno-wizardy, ruling out spells like Annihilate.

nope the rule is the TW can only use spells in a device that are his level or lower. Since Annihilate is a 14th level spell it would require the TW to be 14th lvl or higher to put it in a divice. The appropriate gemstone to make it work is Lapis Lazuli only 5000 credits per carat. you need a base of half the spell level in carats so that would require 7 carats of Lapis OR you can use less than 7 carats but then a higher PPE cost for creation is imposed.
No the rule is the device level cannot exceed the level of the TW creator.

I bow to your superior knowledge...i was thinking of single use items which are stated to use a single spell of the caster's level or lower only...

Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Well, I would like to see the following:

A self-emptying TW garbage can utilizing the Mystic Portal spell... come to think of it, that could also apply to Port-o-lets...

A TW shower stall for use in vehicles so they don't have to carry their own water supply...

A TW suitcase/wardrobe/closet that utilizes the Cleanse spell on dirty clothes...

TW fishing boots that allow the wearer to walk across water and really get out to where the fish are...

Hey, not everyone is looking for the bigger badder weapon...
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Thinyser wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:

for Space ships?

Yes.

I'm working on my own galactic-type setting. There needs to be a way to have enchanted starships, and TWs look like the best pick.

Therefore, you need TW conversions of hyperdrives, and TW spell-devices that duplicate hyperdrives.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

RainOfSteel wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:

for Space ships?

Yes.

I'm working on my own galactic-type setting. There needs to be a way to have enchanted starships, and TWs look like the best pick.

Therefore, you need TW conversions of hyperdrives, and TW spell-devices that duplicate hyperdrives.

Uhm... have you looked at the Phase World books, particularly ones that deal with the United Worlds Of Warlock?
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Arcanus wrote:Some sort of duct tape dispensor with that repairing spell from Federation of Magic. "The handyman's secret weapon: Duct Tape!"

There's already TW Duct Tape in the game. Check out The Black Vault sourcebook. :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Uncle Servo wrote:Well, I would like to see the following:

A self-emptying TW garbage can utilizing the Mystic Portal spell... come to think of it, that could also apply to Port-o-lets...

A TW shower stall for use in vehicles so they don't have to carry their own water supply...

A TW suitcase/wardrobe/closet that utilizes the Cleanse spell on dirty clothes...

TW fishing boots that allow the wearer to walk across water and really get out to where the fish are...

Hey, not everyone is looking for the bigger badder weapon...

This is quite true.

I'm getting ready to convert a Dustbuster into a vehicle cleaning device using Cleanse & Telekinesis.

I'll also be using a Hairdryer with the normal Cleanse spell.

I've already converted a Hypogun so I can cast Light Healing.

And a Wood Planer so I can Create Wood.

"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Leprechaunspawn

what TW devices have u made?

Unread post by Leprechaunspawn »

a long time ago, in a college computer lab miles away....
i used to have my own fan site (Peanutbuddhas Rifts if i recall correctly) where i posted my homebrewed Rifts creations....here are a few that i remember for the Techno-Wizard OCC:
-TW Endless Keg (normal beer keg enchanted to refill when recharged with PPE)
-TW Eversmoking Pipe(gem studded metal cigar tube which would fill with tobacco or other "smoking blend" when charged with PPE)
-TW "Magekiller" Rifle(a blunderbuss which had Paralysis:Lesser, Mute, Befuddle, and Blindness mixed together for use as an energy beam intended to bring down enemy spellcasters)
-TW Rift Grenades (when it detonates, all targets in area of effect are sucked into a rift leading to a pre-determined location. My favorite location was...the core of the Sun!!mwahahahahahahaha)

i no longer have the original stats for any of this stuff sadly...i also had my own take on Israel i the post apocalyptic world....i miss my railguns which shots slugs of molten glass+metal......my "Slag" guns...*sniff*

btw: if anybody ever happened to run across my old stuff and still have any of it, id appreciate it if you could contactme....thanx
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

On my short list:

A headset with self adjusting lenses for Eyes of Thoth and Eyes of The Wolf, See Aura and Presence Sense.

A vocoder with Tongues (like the artificial voice box for people with throat cancers).
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Return to “Rifts®”