PHASE WORLD: CCW members and warfare

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

PHASE WORLD: CCW members and warfare

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Since the CCW is a collection of small "nations" that support one another, what happens one of them decides to go to war (not against a fellow CCW member...that's against the Compact.)?

Example: The Wolfen Republic decides its time to beat up on...the Golgan, say. Do they go it alone, or does the entire CCW, by default, get dragged into war?

Does the CCW have a responsibility to protect its members, much the same as the NATO agreement; ie. if you attack one of us, you attack all of us?
Last edited by Braden Campbell on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Braden Campbell

Alright...let us say that the CCW Wolfen want to attack the TGE Wolfen (if any of my players are reading, this is just an example, so don't get excited...)

So the Wolfen Republic has now attacked the TGE. The TGE strikes back. With Motherhome under kreeghor threat, must not the CCW members respond? Have the Wolfen then just dragged the CCW into another war, one which the majority of its members do not want?

I see what you mean, but by that reasoning, the CCW will oly go to war if it is attacked first. I guess it doesn't beleive in "pre-emptive actions".
Braden, GMPhD

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

I thought that there was some blurb about allowing Member-States to wage war within their Spheres of influence, as long as it didn't drag the CCW into the conflict.

As we speak (and as well as I can remember) , there is a Wolfen/T'Zee/Human Three-way war in the Phase World Sourcebook that the CCW seems to be paying no attention to. Something about a war that the T'zee 'started' involving mining on a GemWorld or some such.....

Of course, if the Wolfen attacked the TGE like that (Braden's Scenario) , I have no doubt that the Wolfen would be kicked out of the CCW if not quarantined/blockaded outright.....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Braden Campbell

That's along the lines I was thinking. I just wondered what others thought.

If CCW Member A declares war on Enemy B, they should go to the Consortium Congress and plead their case...like President George W. Bush and the UN. If the CCW votes to not join in the fighting, then Member A is free to do what they want...attack the Kreeghor, liberate Iraq, whathaveyou....with the understanding that the CCW is not going to help them.

A "you sleep in the bed you make" policy.
Braden, GMPhD

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I get the idea that the CCW is a collection of "Nations" much as the Untied States is a collection of "Nations." While each "nation" is allowed a certain degre of local autonomy, including keeping its own defense forces, the overall CCW/USA is in charge of foriegn policy, international relations and the primary military forces.

In short, an individual member state can't go to war, though their representatives in the CCW fgoverning body can certainly lobby for one.

Of course the individual member state could use their defence forces to precipitate an external war, but they would likely be expelled from the CCW for that and forced to fight on their own.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: Phase World: CCW members and warfare

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Since the CCW is a collection of small "nations" that support one another, what happens one of them decides to go to war (not against a fellow CCW member...that's against the Compact.)?

Example: The Wolfen Republic decides its time to beat up on...the Golgan, say. Do they go it alone, or does the entire CCW, by default, get dragged into war?

Does the CCW have a responsibility to protect its members, much the same as the NATO agreement; ie. if you attack one of us, you attack all of us?

That would be like Wyoming wanting to go to war with Mexico.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Confirmed: In the Rifts: Three Galaxies Book, there are three competing Races/Factions fighting over Mining Rights in the Zeta Epsilon System: The Planets of Ever Winter (Wulfen), New delian (T'zee), and Stone Haven (Ogres, Orcs, and Kobolds).

There is a three-way War going on there, and currently all that the CCW is doing -despite its vast power -is blockading the three Planets and sending down Negotiators..
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Phase World: CCW members and warfare

Unread post by Sentinel »

Dr. Doom v.3.1.1 wrote:
Braden, GMPhD wrote:Since the CCW is a collection of small "nations" that support one another, what happens one of them decides to go to war (not against a fellow CCW member...that's against the Compact.)?

That would be like Wyoming wanting to go to war with Mexico.

That battle is almost too close to call.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Braden Campbell

cornholioprime wrote:There is a three-way War going on there, and currently all that the CCW is doing -despite its vast power -is blockading the three Planets and sending down Negotiators..

Your tax credits at work...
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

As it turns out, CCW members are not allowed to declaire war or invade other planets (Iguess without the express permission of the Consortium COngress). So, if they really wanted to do it, they would have to drop out of the CCW.

In the above example, the Wolfen Republic would have to suceed from the CCW, and then take o the the TGE all by itself...
Braden, GMPhD

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

cornholioprime wrote:I thought that there was some blurb about allowing Member-States to wage war within their Spheres of influence, as long as it didn't drag the CCW into the conflict.

As we speak (and as well as I can remember) , there is a Wolfen/T'Zee/Human Three-way war in the Phase World Sourcebook that the CCW seems to be paying no attention to. Something about a war that the T'zee 'started' involving mining on a GemWorld or some such.....

Of course, if the Wolfen attacked the TGE like that (Braden's Scenario) , I have no doubt that the Wolfen would be kicked out of the CCW if not quarantined/blockaded outright.....

actually phaseworld pretty much said that CCW and Kreeghor Wolfen already do fight each other regularly. there are plenty of things the CCW has no control over.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”