The Punisher of the HU universe! Opinions please!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

It really has nothing do do with the Punisher anyore then any other nut killing criminals does. She is a Natural Genius, which is nowhere near Frank, and she is a 16 year old girl! Again nothing similar to our favorite Marine
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

RockJock wrote:It really has nothing do do with the Punisher anyore then any other nut killing criminals does. She is a Natural Genius, which is nowhere near Frank, and she is a 16 year old girl! Again nothing similar to our favorite Marine

Rai does have a point though. I will admit to never having seen the Punisher, so such a difference wasn't obviously apparent to me. Because of the first paragraph, I had to read it through 3 times before I was satisfied that it was inspiration, not a conversion.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Rai Tsuneyoshi wrote:I am wise beyond my post count.

Wow, I might have to sig that line. Though you may want to watch using italicized ending quotes... Edge might get offended. :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Warwolf wrote:
Rai Tsuneyoshi wrote:I am wise beyond my post count.

Wow, I might have to sig that line. Though you may want to watch using italicized ending quotes... Edge might get offended. :lol:

Except that he IS Edge.
Clever....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Rai Tsuneyoshi wrote:Was Edge.

Edge is no more.

YYYYYEYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!
I Knew IT!

I Knew it.

Ok, so now that it' settled that there's no such thing as Edge......
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

Was there ever an Edge?

*X-Files music plays*
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Benito Pulatso wrote:Was there ever an Edge?

*X-Files music plays*

The world may never know. Though I hold on to my belief, that once upon a time... there was an Edge. Seriously though, I had my suspicions. Edge, you sneak, you can't out-ninja me. :P
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Vinny
Adventurer

Unread post by Vinny »

Rai Tsuneyoshi wrote:Was Edge.

Edge is no more.

I knew you couldn't stay away. Now you're gonna start getting on my case that I'm still a newbie cause this is the third time you've started over...yadda yadda yadda.
The Phoenix is Coming!
RockJock
Knight

Just another reincarnation.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I like this its very good and I will be swiping this charater for future use
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

So... a sexy, bloodthirsty, genius teenage girl.
At least she's not asian.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Killer Cyborg wrote:So... a sexy, bloodthirsty, genius teenage girl.
At least she's not asian.

Explotiation now had the best Psycopathic teenage genius girl of any
series Ive read
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Therumancer wrote:My only real comments are:

1. She's too young, I have no problem with child-geniuses but she has this huge list of accomplishments and has been jailed multiple times. There are only so many hours in the day, and I just can't see her doing all that and still being 16 unless she started when she was like 5.

Comic characters not having enough time to do stuff? With all the fun time travelling stuff, multiple dimensions, and just plain weirdness it is possible she could have done this at 16 years old. Not at all probable though. Maybe she's actually the third clone body for the original 16 year old. Or she ages like comic book characters do; rarely.

Hey, in Hiolland they speak four languages and smoke pot. Anything can happen.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Okay, so she's a natural genius.
Translation: She's exceptional for her age.
Extrapolation: She's shunned by kids her age (seriously, the really smart kids aren't loners by choice... it's pack rule).
Further extrapolation: Television and the internet are her friends.

Imagine, if you will, an eight year old girl, alone in her room. She's studying latin as she puts together a computer from the parts of a few "curbside rescues", just to see what kind of rig she can make. She's got three TVs on in the background... one tuned to CNN, to maintain a link tot he real world. One tuned to MTV, because that's what kids are "supposed" to watch. And one tuned to the History Channel, because that's what really interests her. She's also got a desktop computer going so she can troubleshoot her rig... and she's got Fark up in the background, just because.

As the weeks meld into months, she sees more and more of the depravity of man. When she takes an active interest in crime statistics, her parents applaud her for her sensitivity. After all, they don't understand her, just like anyone else.

A few years tick away, and young Ashley has been drinking deep fromt he fountain of information. Wars. Famines. Dictators. Coups. Rapes. Murders. Graft. Extortion. Embezzlement. The rich getting richer at the expense of the poor. And deep down she knows... she *knows*... that the only reason she cares about this as deeply as she does is because of her intelligence. And she draws the conclusion: How many natural genius' does each police force have? The FBI? Interpol? Much less than would be needed for anyone to grasp the depth fo the situation.

So, if soceity is to be saved, it must be by her hand. She's the only one with the clarity of vision to *see* the hurricane of criminal slime about to break through the levies of law and engulf soceity. Crime has become like the weather... everyone complains, but nobody feels they can do anything about it.

But she can. So, she does.
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Goldenbane wrote:BTW, I was hoping someone could advise me with something. If you'll notice, I didn't REALLY put a good reason why Ashley Kaine became the Exterminator...just "she hates crime."

Originally I had a whole thing about how her family was killed and she was raped and blah blah blah...but it all seemed so cliche...and didn't fit with the character. So I got to thinking...what if she literally HAS hated and dispised crime all her life, and just a little thing like her purse being snatched or her calculator being stolen was enough to drive her over the edge into vigilantism? What do you all think? :)

Fanaticism just because? Definitely a different twist. You're right, the other one is very cliché.

It could be spiced up a bit though..... (forgive the roughness, it's early and my brain hasn't turned on yet....)

Ashley has always had an unreasoning hatred of crime. Even in preschool, she would try and beat up the kid that took an extra cookie when the teacher wasn't looking. There's never been a clear-cut reason why, it's just a part of her personality.

What Ashley is unaware of is that she has lived a past life. 70 years before, her soul was in the body of a 45 year old criminal. This man did horrible, terrible things all his life. Robbery, drugs, murder, his finger was in every pie. And as his influence grew, so did his enemies.

However, as he aged, he became aware of all the little things he was missing from his life. A good wife, children, a secure home. He envied those people who had that security.

One day on a whim, he stopped by a corner store, bought a chocolate bar, and offered it to a little girl. During this simple act of kindness, he briefly indulged in the fantasy that this was his little girl, his daughter. However, that moment of distraction proved fatal.

An assassin hired to kill him had been following him and chose that moment to shoot. There was no avoiding it. But in the moments before death finally claimed him, the man realized to his horror that the bullets that had entered his back had travelled clean through him and into the little girl.

During a period of time that could have been endless, or could have been just seconds, the man knew that his life of crime had cost this little girl her life. He also became aware of the number of other innocent people hurt during his entire life because of his crimes, the pain and horror they had felt. With his entire being, he wished for some way of balancing the scales - some way to right all the wrongs he had committed. And then
something answered.....

Ashley is completely unaware that the hatred and loathing that drives her to fight criminals is not about revenge, not about justice, but is instead about penance and compensation....
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Asa's girls had guns? I thought they just used overwhelming magical might.

To the topic at hand: She's too young and inexperienced to live up to all the hype in her description. Maybe she got busted once, maybe she took down all the crooks in the jail where she was being held, but wiping out an entire prison is a few hundred dead bodies, and she had to do it fast enough, without the tools of the trade.

She's also a Natural Genius, I can't see her going killing spree. I could see her getting arressted and thrown in prison just so she could take down a specific mastermind then escape . . . but it's a high risk play because she's risking revealing her secret ID and thereby giving all the criminals of century station her home address.

Natural Geniuses are smart and clever, not beserker spree killers.

I'd say tone down her acomplishments and make her a couple of years older, but she plays up the immature angle so most would think she's a young 13 :-D

Now if you really want to make her scary . . . apply the mega-hero template to her (ie the loads of SDC and the Supernatural Strength amoung other funness)
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think it will be better if she wokrs with a team!
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

What is "Sexual Charisma"? :-?
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Sir Neil wrote:What is "Sexual Charisma"? :-?

If we explained it to you we'd get banned.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

basically the character can charm the opposite sex.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

I dunno. He avoided not only the good guys looking to bust him, but the bad guys looking to whack him. That takes some grey matter.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

Daniel Stoker wrote:If we explained it to you we'd get banned.

:lol: True.

Max™ wrote:This mythical Sexual Charisma is impossible to quantify or study...but it does add to your pick pocket, and seduction skill rolls, plus adding to your M.A. and P.B.

That seems like an odd power for a Genius/Natural to have available.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
RockJock
Knight

Thus it would be MA. Lookat the description of MA. It is likability, charm, exactly what you are talking about. Not physical beauty.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I've met peopel that were incredibly sexy without being physically attractive. Physical beauty is an asset, but a sexy person carries themselves with a certain air of charisma around them that ievitably attracts attention.

RockJock
Knight

I agree with what you are saying, I would just put it under MA. Better posture would be under PB in my book.

A swimsuit model has a high PB. Harrison Ford has a high MA.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I do not see her wolking alone!

I think she will fine people who have Personal reasons to hate Criminals and fromed a Group.

I also think they will keep ther Real Identities secret.

Any ideas for members?
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Tyciol wrote:The Punisher reference isn't only asking for trouble, it's inaccurate.

Frank Castle was never really that smart was he?

Frank was... clever he was above average intelligence not a reed richards or a Victor Von Doom (though he held the mans respect). Frank was a tactical genius on caps level. Some say better, he had a gift for tactical analysis, and adaptation. He also had a dark sense of humor and wit that gave glimpse into a sharp intellect.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

She is WAY too STRONG too...

PS 21 ??
Normal Human Strength thats...210 lbs Carry, 420 lbs Lifting
Strong Human Strength thats...420 lbs Carry, 840 lbs Lifting

By the rules she has "Strong" PS

16 and that strong...Thats better than most Pro-Body Builders big time...thats right up their with those Farmboy Power Lifters who look like fat-pigs but is massively strong...

She is natural genuis...
Brains over brawl...
Cut her PS down to 12 or so, and even that is high for 16 yrs olds...girls.
Thats 120 lbs Carry, 240 lbs Lifting...way more than most girls ever get.
Most women are PS 8 in the real world at best...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Tyciol wrote:The Punisher reference isn't only asking for trouble, it's inaccurate.

Frank Castle was never really that smart was he?

Frankie is a GUN NUT type...

Ex-Seal/Marines

Hardware-Weapons Expert
not a genius though...

I think he used "Punisher" as in "Vigilante" type...

Cause by this girls stats he is an Amazon in Build, makes Lou"the Hulk"Ferrigno look like a wimp muscle wise and out thinks Sherlock Holmes in her sleep...

She is hugely broken character in concept and in deeds...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Ironclad wrote:How clever are these Natural Geniuses?

Average IQ by definiation is 100.

Average score on 3D6 is 9.

So we can assume that an ingame IQ of 9 approximately equals a 'real-life' IQ of 100.

Genius level IQ is generally considered to be about 145+

An ingame IQ of 18 equals 200, which is considered the 'highest genius' level...

This character's IQ of 33 equals an amazing score of 367 and even if limited to 30 her result would be 333.

These results are totally off scale!

Put into that perspective I am quite sure she could out-think your average villians, supervillians and crime fighters...

I was going to suggest that Natural Genius be scrapped as a class and made into an ability instead. However now I am not too sure :-?

The Punisher as far as I remember has never displayed this level of intelligence, Hell, I'm not even sure Doom or Stretcho have either!

Nice character idea though, needs touching up bit though and those rough edges smoothing :-P

(In case anyone is wondering my IQ is 148... Just goes to show, not every test is perfect :-) )

Were did you get this info i always thought you just added a 0 to the end of your stat 9 IQ = 90 most teens today ( :lol: ) a 24= 240 Doctor Hawkins, A 30= 300 (nobody i know of). If you read the concept behind the natural genius is on the Mr. terrific level way way beyond normal geniuses.
Oh ya in the comics Frank was Force Recon Marine that navy seal thing was done up for the movie so civies would understand the Level of training this guy had.
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

TechnoGothic wrote:She is WAY too STRONG too...

PS 21 ??

16 and that strong...Thats better than most Pro-Body Builders big time...thats right up their with those Farmboy Power Lifters who look like fat-pigs but is massively strong...

She is natural genuis...
Brains over brawl...

Gotta disagree. In RL, I'm pretty out of shape, my idea of exercise is exercising my fingers on the computer keyboard. Yet when play wrestling, I can pick up and hold a friend that weighs roughly 200 lbs. So if an out of shape woman can do that, most women could probably do more.

An average woman's PS should be 12-13.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Ironclad wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Ironclad wrote:How clever are these Natural Geniuses?

Average IQ by definiation is 100.

Average score on 3D6 is 9.

So we can assume that an ingame IQ of 9 approximately equals a 'real-life' IQ of 100.

Genius level IQ is generally considered to be about 145+

An ingame IQ of 18 equals 200, which is considered the 'highest genius' level...

This character's IQ of 33 equals an amazing score of 367 and even if limited to 30 her result would be 333.

These results are totally off scale!

Put into that perspective I am quite sure she could out-think your average villians, supervillians and crime fighters...

I was going to suggest that Natural Genius be scrapped as a class and made into an ability instead. However now I am not too sure :-?

The Punisher as far as I remember has never displayed this level of intelligence, Hell, I'm not even sure Doom or Stretcho have either!

Nice character idea though, needs touching up bit though and those rough edges smoothing :-P

(In case anyone is wondering my IQ is 148... Just goes to show, not every test is perfect :-) )

Whose to say whether or not those characters have that kind of IQ really?

If a scientist like Doom can create the technology to strip Silver Surfer of the power cosmic, a force of unmeasurable power bestowed by a god, then why can't his IQ be 400?

Or like Reed who can create a weapon that fits in the palm of his hand and can wipe every single hint of matter from the face of the universe.

Besides I thought some of our greatest minds, like Hawking, had IQs of 200+? A natural genius is only...twice as smart as that...Ok thats really smart but hey they are Super Heroes/Villians!

The world's highest current IQ is that of Marilyn Vos Savant and it is 228, however, the highest ever recorded IQ was that of William Jame Sidis, who had an IQ level in excess of 250, but no more than 300.

As Hawking is currently alive he has to have an IQ lower than Savant's, ergo his IQ can be no higher than 227.

I have read articles that have stated that his IQ is lower then 200 but I think it is unlikely.

As for Reed and Victor, well, you have to allow a certain leeway in storytelling. I do think they are severely stretching the limits of the imagination though... Handheld universe annhiliators? Whatever next? Perpetual motion devices?

you seem to be one of those people that doesn't like the physical training character because they're not realistic.... remember, this is a heroic game.

and the "average human" stat is 10.

also, blight, was correct; you just put a 0 on the end of your iq stat to find your actual i.q.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Natalya wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:She is WAY too STRONG too...

PS 21 ??

She is natural genuis...
Brains over brawl...

Gotta disagree. In RL, I'm pretty out of shape, my idea of exercise is exercising my fingers on the computer keyboard. Yet when play wrestling, I can pick up and hold a friend that weighs roughly 200 lbs. So if an out of shape woman can do that, most women could probably do more.

An average woman's PS should be 12-13.

But can you carry him around for PE Minutes ??

You can Lift a 200 pound male, great...thats a PS 10 "Average"...
Most people dont would not have any Physical Skills really. Cause they dont use them often enough to qualify as having them...

i can Lift 240 pounds...PS 12...above average "just"...but i'm out of shape, etc...

I used to work out alot 4 times a week until i hurt myself...Body Building, and was into wrestling in school...but i dont consider myself having those skills anymore. I dont use them enough to benifit from it anymore.

All the people i know who can lift around 400 pounds are BIG people, they have big muscles and heavy builds overall.

No little "anime" School looking 16 is going to have a PS 21 without making 99% of Body Builders cry cause they would want her build and power...

Most Body Builders are "lost" in most of PBs games strength wise...between 16 "normal" and that 17 "Strong"...
Games like Splicers and BtS did away with "Strong" which is a great thing...cause then you could make real people out there instead of these Pre-Superhuman with "Strong" PS...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

YOu mean Extraordanary strength, ane NOT "strong" Yes?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”