Level 1 character with mind control powers?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pax Concord
D-Bee

Level 1 character with mind control powers?

Unread post by Pax Concord »

I have a player wo wants a character with mind control powers (hypnotic suggestion, mentally possess others, etc.). I've come up with a few ideas, and wondered if any of y'all had any other suggestions.

My thoughts:
Shaydor Spherian "Sensitive" from Atlandtis
Latent Psychic from BTS run through the conversion book
Psionics from Heroes Unlimited, converted to Rifts
Godling from Pantheons
Demigod from Pantheons
Norse Giant with "Ugly head with three eyes" mutation from Pantheons
AbM Brain from SB2: Mechanoids

Any other good ideas? Thanks!
-Pax
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Personally, I wouldn't allow such powerful psionics at first level, but if your the GM whatever you feel is cool. I would let them be a mind melter with the power of Hypnotic Suggestion and let them earn the xp to get to third level to get the other powers. Otherwise I don't mind the odd, ugly and non-human options (Norse Giant with "Ugly head with three eyes" mutation from Pantheons or AbM Brain from SB2: Mechanoids ) as at least they have a fairly significant disadvantage over a normal human in exchange for these powers.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Most of those "Mind Controllers" are things PC's can't be or powerful types that can't with out great cost in energy so it makes little sense to get it low level.

I agree with zOB here. Make'em pay through the nose for it.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

.....not forgetting that whilst mentally possesing someone else his own, prone body is vulnerable, perhaps you could exploit that if the player continues to whinge after higher level powers.

..or just let him have mind bond and have his first target turn out to be a deviant serial killer :D
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

The player could be one of the new super psionic versions of Cyber Knights. They can choose any one super psionic power at level 2, and thus can obtain mental possesion and psi sword before even a mind melter.
:fool:
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

In one of the Land of the Damned books for Palladium Fantasy, there is a race called the Kildred. They are a playable R.C.C., start with a handfull of potent psionic powers geared towards mind control, become even more powerful as Mind Masters, and best of all include a racial power for mental control that doesn't cost ISP. Plus they closely resemble humans, and regenerate... what's not to love?
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

AdeptPaladin wrote:
Jesterzzn wrote:The player could be one of the new super psionic versions of Cyber Knights. They can choose any one super psionic power at level 2, and thus can obtain mental possesion and psi sword before even a mind melter.

Don't CK's get psi-sword by default -anyways- ?
Yes. So they get Psi-Sword (with a 1d6 damage bonus) AND one Super of choice (no restriction). So if they choose Mentally Posses others, they would have two of the three powers restricted to mind melters until level three.
:fool:
Pax Concord
D-Bee

Unread post by Pax Concord »

Well, after discussing the various options, the player seems to be leaning toward a Mind Melter after all, a Mind Melter with a bulging cranium mutation. He better hope he rolls a high IQ or he's going to look pretty... incongruous!
-Pax

Return to “Rifts®”