Another dimension book based on Parallel Earths

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Another dimension book based on Parallel Earths

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This message has been moved to the Rifts Dimension Books Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to prettzkun@hotmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

dukeofshadows wrote:How about a book or two based on parallel Earths based on Chaos Earth or if the Cataclysm never happened? Say, 105 P.A. in a dimension where NEMA got its act together and rebuilt North America? Or where mankind is really in trouble/gone from Europe and Asia? Suppose there were never Rifts in another world (the war starting the Cataclysm was eight hours earlier/later, etc.) and they learn how to breach dimensions, starting with Rifts Earth?

NNnnnnot really feel'n ya there bud...
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Hey I like it,
I havent run that kind of adventure but I think that something like that has some potential. I feal bad that Kevin threw that one out. It could of been a good dimension book, albeit a lone book but a good one.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I think it,s the only way to go back in time!

You can change some things that the PC group uncovers later.

I will give some info later!
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

gaby wrote:I think it,s the only way to go back in time!

You can change some things that the PC group uncovers later.

I will give some info later!

What? Like, you step on a cockroach and BOOM! THe FoM never existed?
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Here is one of My ideas

The History of this Earth Matched that of Rifts Earth Until 12 P.A where Nostrous Dunscon and the FofM did not Targeted the Chi-Town Practitioners of Magic Above all other!
So Big Numbers of the Magic Division SURVIVED so Jo Prosek 1 and Vinien Made a Alliance that continues with ther Childred to this day!

so CHI-TOWN accept (GOOD MAGIC) Thats ley line walkers,Mystic,techno-wizards and Conjurers.

So What do you think will be the EFFECTS on North America?
SirTenzan
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by SirTenzan »

Hiya folks,

I guess the idea of alternate RIFTS Earths has already been brought up. Let me ask all of you this question then;

If Palladium were to undertake a series of titles in a new series called "RIFTS: Alternates" do you think you would be interested in purchasing books like this?

Examples...

RIFTS Alternates World Book: D The Viking Kingdoms of Europe - instead of the NGR taking hold, Germany and most of Europe is thoroughly thrashed through catastrophic winters, floods, tidal waves, and similar. In the wake of it all many people begin the practice of stealing what they need to survive raiding nearby settlements, much in the same way as the Vikings of old did. Not too terribly much of a stretch in dire times. The return of the old Gods brings many to complete the transformation to the old ways. Who will stand before the onslaught of the heathen raiders that plagues not only Europe, but the Mediterranian regions of Africa and Asia, and even the West Coast of the Americas. New Camelot? Republican? Free Quebec? The Phoenix Empire? Or perhaps some new power yet to be unveiled...

RIFTS Alternates World Book: E The Second Rise of Egypt - instead of a legion of monsters led by an insane Chiang Ku taking power in Egypt, Egypt begins a second rise as the climate of the Sahara lessens it's intensity with the return of old Gods and their Priests. Despite mass converts to the old ways, many strongholds of Islam remain in Egypt, and a holy war has begun - who will reign supreme in this battle? The Kingdom of Allah, or the second rise of Egypt? (Too sore of a topic for present day printing? How about a D-Shift that transports much of ancient Egypt to the present day location. Being ancient allies of the Atlanteans, it becomes a new staging ground for the battle for Atlantis that will soon be underway...)

RIFTS Alternates World Book: F France - instead of France becoming yet another battlefield for the NGR & the Gargoyles, a smattering of Kingdoms struggle to survive amidst war ravaged europe. Some are D-Bee held, some are allied with monsters, some are human supremecists - but tech over all is low even compared to North America. Although this region is sleepy, a new age is dawning. Fanatical Quebecois freedom fighters have moved their base of operations to France and are beginning the daunting task of conquoring the whole of the country in the name of humanity. In their belief, to save Quebec from it's own folly, they believe in the credo; "To save the child, we must resurrect the mother!" As they begin their march across the country in their fanaticism former enemies must join to face this insane warmachine or fall before the dark bloodlust of man.

RIFTS Alternates World Book: G The United Kingdom - Although savagely ravaged by the natural disasters that destroyed most of human civilization, a few pockets of humanity survived on the British Isles. With government being utterly annihilated they turn to the Duke of ... for guideance and leadership. Now 300 odd years later, the Duke has declared himself as King, and is an insane cyborg bent on beginning a campaign of conquest that will restore Britain to her former glory days, when the sun never set on the British Empire.

Each one is an alternate possibility, and have no relation to the other alternate idea, yet plug in pretty evenly with stuff that has already been created - albeit with some holes that are relatively easily filled through a couple paragraphs of explainations or revisions. Companion books could be an accompanying idea, such as if RIFTS Alternates World Book: E The Second Rise of Egypt could come out, the major strongholds of Islam might also be a good companion book. Or for that matter a companion book of African allies of Egypt might be a good idea, in the struggle against Atlantis...

Anyway these ideas having been just examples of ideas, would you folks be interested in anything like this?

Regards,

Tenz
aka

SirTenzan
----------
Citizen of Minnesota, Land of Sky Blue Waters
United States of America
------------------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Just got a new idea This Parallel world ,s hisory matched that of rifts-earth until 104 p.a where Tolkeen did not Choose not to go to war with the CS Instead they got all the peolpe you wanted to leaves into the 3 big cities.
they teleported the Entire cities of Tolkeen,magetock and Freehold to where Buffalo was in new york state!

SO tell me What effects in will have on North America?

I think some Peolpe can come up with game ideas with this?
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Wasn't The Bloody Campaign in Germany?
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
plata_knight
Wanderer
Comment: Extraordinary things are accomplished by ordinary people.

Unread post by plata_knight »

Different bloody campaign.
Extraordinary things are accomplished by ordinary people.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

Or rewrite the old Rifts Manhunters sourcebook.
Princedarkstorm
Warborn
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I have idea, A Mid-size Elf City of 75000 on Palladium world got Rifted by the Elf/Dwarf to Rifts earth Spain in 35:P.a.
With ther Magic resources they become the bigest power in Spain.

By 105:pa the pop of ther kingdom is 150000 ( 70% Elves,30% non-Elves)

They are woking on Trade deal with New Camelot.

The NGR have also open talks with them.
kdyal
D-Bee

Unread post by kdyal »

Or, the FofM was able to coordinate itself better in its attack on Chi-town. What would that have done?

But I would be up for buying a few "What if..."- style Rifts books.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”