Sploog Help

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Interesting idea!!! :ok:

Seeing as it was a watering hole of the Sploogies add the following:

1. Imported stone: Expensive stones like alabaster or white marble,,,stones that are NOT NATIVE to the moon.

2. Yahzing Multipedes (Atlantis page 81-82): These creatures are the cockroaches of Splugorth Dominion. Even though the sploogies are long since gone, these vermin would still be around. A dead give away of a former splugorth presence.

3. A lone Adarok (Atlantis page 69-70): Adarok are common Splugorth slaves, have one (and just one) be left behind by his master. The only remaining sentient creature on the planet, the sorry creature has lived alone for the past 600 years (or however long) feeding off of Yahzings and stagnant water. He has lost his speach capabilities over the long isolation and is now mentally retarded (I.Q. 6) both due to the isolaion and six centuries worth of malnutrition.

4. Architeture: Remember, the Sploogs cater to non-humans...monstrous non-humans thus the buildings, archways and other aspects of the architecture will be HUGE when compared to the average Player Character.

5. Slave Pens: Small as far as Splugorth Slave pens go, these will act as another bit of evidence.

That's all I can think of for now.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

gadrin wrote:no, nothing so obvious as a sign "Sploogs wuz here"

that's the trouble with this BBS most of the people can't read.

well, at least you can spell. :lol:

Meh...I didn't consider those too obvious.

The Yahzings are a must though...they are literally sploogy cockoaches.

~ Josh
DBX
Hero

Re: Sploog Help

Unread post by DBX »

gadrin wrote:I'm preparing a scenario for a Phase World game, in which the players will be finding a "hidden moon".

The moon is a mini-extradimensional bolthole of the Splugorth and long-since abandoned.

it's connected to the Anvil Galaxy via a fold in space (and is only detectable from examination close up).

as mentioned the moon has long since been abandoned by the Splugorth who lived there but I want to leave some hints behind: (other than a big sign that says "Sploog watering hole here.")

a "pool" that was detected by the original scouts centuries back. the water needs to contain ??? I was thinking maybe some of the aquarobes or something obvious to Sploog-ville, without it being just a vile murk of garbage. I figured the edges of the pool's inner lining should be precise (not natural) lines and dimensions (stone master powers) and possibly that the water self-purifies every X hours or so.

in addition the moon has its own visible lightsource, despite not having a star to illuminate it (autoluminescence?) I don't think the Splugorth race are adverse to light (and I know any slaves would probably require it).

anyone have any other subtle ideas ? (or neat additions?)

eventually they'll find more obvious evidence, but for the time being...

it depends how familiar your players are with the splugorth information in the books. for instance our group knows the stuff in rifts books backwards, but not to hot what is in SDM book or in other Palladium books regarding the Splugorth.

so you can give hints that your players arn't too familiar with. something they should know about, but just overlooked when ever they read through the books. this is usually something that appears on the face of it weak, unimpressive, but the GM has managed to make interesting and cool. this usually makes the players grab for the book and wonder how they missed out on noticing it the times they have read it.

Splugorth skeleton?

you could turn it into a CSI investigation. they need to get hold of equipment,spells, psionics and then look for tracks,signs and analyse them to figure out Splugorth presence in the past.

or you could say it was home to one of the splugorth slave species,and from there the players have to figure out the splugorth connection. because the clues will point to a slave species

maybe this moon was the last stand of Lord Krygorth, so you have never before seen biowizard experimental **** he through at his enemies that the players encounter. it doesn't appear anything like the splugorth have

pyramids/rune statues hidden under dunes, players could walk into a pyramid without realising it because it is hidden under dunes or jungle overgrowth

it would be best to keep the players guessing,confused as long as possible. dead ends clues are best. players drinking contaminated water is really good touch to start with. waters full of parasites and symbiotes- are they biowizard symbiotes/parasites? that is question players may need to answer
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Have it be the site of a slave revolt. However, the Splugorth in charge left before it was overcome by its former chattel. This trapped the population on the moon, and without adequate provisions to sustain the entire population, they slowly died out. You could include a razed super-pyramid and a small city of the dead around it, with certain portions showing obvious repair (done by the post-war survivors). You could even include a tribe of descendants in an isolated wilderness portion of the moon that have "gone native" and now consider the city a sacred site, etc. Hmm, I smell an HLS here...
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

o) Pyramides
o) Rune Statues
o) Skeletons and pieces of equipment (like broken Warrior Woman helmet)
o) Biowizard labs (do the character recon these :demon:)
o) Ghosts of killed slaves
o) Sploggy poltergeist :demon: :D
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”