What do you want in the Next Three Galaxies books?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you want in the Next Three Galaxies books?

Unread post by gaby »

What do you want in the Next Three Galaxies Books? (thats after UWW is out)

Maybe it can be on the CofCW?
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

An apology For Anvil Galaxies book..

all the Fluff races from The Anvil HALO group.
a book on each of the major anvil galaxy groups, INCLUDING the Dominators.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Star Charts, and more information on the Dominators. Lots more.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Joey Jo Jo Jr
Explorer

Unread post by Joey Jo Jo Jr »

daishi wrote:some star charts for the 3 galaxies would be nice, and a detailed map of center would be cool (though I'd prolly prefer to buy just an entire book on center)

yeah but make sure to include leylines on the starcharts
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Decent starship contruction rules.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Sentinel
Palladin

Rimmer wrote:Decent starship contruction rules.

It would be nice to not have to go back and forth between AU:GG, Phase World, Three Galaxies and any other book with spacecraft in order to build them as more than one-shot throwaways.

Heck, a regular template for advanced Naval vessels would be nice too.
I'm sure some of these races use ships when they occupy or trade on water-covered worlds.

sren

Unread post by sren »

Its been so long since I was motivated to post here that my account had been deleted...

There's a lot I'd like to see for the three Galaxies:
1) More ships, more ships, more ships!!! I can't say it enough. Spacecraft creation rules that aren't based on points would be nice (There's no reason you shouldn't be able to kick the transients off your spaceship without giving up your weapons systems, and the same principles should apply to ships). I'd really like to see more Technowizard ships, maybe some noro (or any other psychic race) crystal-based psionic ships. How about some Atlantean pyramids floating on ley-lines in space, or stone-shaped fighters? Also, some bigger ships that would be convenient for a party of adventurers (a fast ship that can hold six fighters, six suits of power armor ready for launch, a couple ground vehicles, and be be fully piloted by a crew of six)? I know its a lot, but a book for the three galaxies that is similar to the NGR book.
2) More good sits of powered armor. Since the Glitter boy and all variants found in other books can be found in the three galaxies, why not have some variants created by three galaxy armorers?
3) I always like more races and classes, but descriptions of where in the three galaxies the classes in all of the worldbooks can be found (without a trip to rifts earth being required) would be nice. (For example: where in the three galaxies can a child with psychic potential be trained to be a psychic warrior? Does the UWW have something equivalent to the Magi classes? What about the Earth and Light Children from England?).
4) I like the star-charts ideas already mentioned!
5) How about several dominator ships for inspiration? How powerful are they really? More demon ships.
6) Did I mention more ships? How about some BIG ships? Colony ships, space stations with FTL systems.
7) More O.C.C.s on the same power level as the cosmo knights. (Just so they can be more easily used without having to use things that will decimate the rest of the party just to scratch the CK).
8) Much more information on Center. Maps!!!

I know I'm prolly alone on half of this, but this is just the fast list.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Good suggestions all around. I do want to do a book just on ships with creation rules and such. Plus I hope to answer many of the questions people have about ships that are all over this forum. Thats down the road folks, and still requires Palladiums approval.

As for the Dominator ship; so how big do you think it should be? I'm thinking maybe bigger than the Kreeghor Doombringers, possibly city size, if not the size of V'ger. I'm also thinking maybe a death star type planet killer weapon, or something big enough that puts even an armed CAF fleet into a panic.

Your thoughts?

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:Good suggestions all around. I do want to do a book just on ships with creation rules and such. Plus I hope to answer many of the questions people have about ships that are all over this forum. Thats down the road folks, and still requires Palladiums approval.

As for the Dominator ship; so how big do you think it should be? I'm thinking maybe bigger than the Kreeghor Doombringers, possibly city size, if not the size of V'ger. I'm also thinking maybe a death star type planet killer weapon, or something big enough that puts even an armed CAF fleet into a panic.

Your thoughts?

Carl

Well...The AU:GG ship building rules are a good start to base a ship creation system, but it has to be a bit "broader" in scope. Such as different types of laser (not just scale but actual composition), and a more reasonable scale system (battleships only wighing 5000 tonnes? and only that long?)...
As for the Dominator ships...think about Vorlon planet buster as the low-end size :D . I'd think that Dominators would have their ships 'personalized' so there wouldn't be any 1 style...except for badass heiny-whupper :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :nuke: :ok:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Sentinel
Palladin

Carl Gleba wrote:Good suggestions all around. I do want to do a book just on ships with creation rules and such. Plus I hope to answer many of the questions people have about ships that are all over this forum. Thats down the road folks, and still requires Palladiums approval.

Your thoughts?

Carl

How big does it say they are in Phase World?
Stick to that, and give us something that matches the text descriptions.
There must be something that makes these guys so feared.
I think we're talking Death Stars here Carl. With a main gun that rivals the SDF-Ones' Reflex cannon ( I can talk about that here right? Palladium already wrote it up, so it's not like I'm converting).

SirTenzan
Rifter® Contributer

The next three galaxies book...

Unread post by SirTenzan »

1. I would love to see a series of books that focus on the major races of of the significant power blocs of the Three Galaxies. In that series I would like to see TONS of cultural details, language mechanics, maybe a template that allows you to see what their languages look like, similar to like what they did with the rune alphabet in the Palladium books, or the same for the Macross II series of books.

2. I agree, we need more ships. I love starships of all shapes and sizes. Shuttles would be a nice addition, there has to be more shuttle designs in the Three Galaxies than all the cars manufacturers on earth have created in the past century combined. I would like to see deck plans for these ships too! Those are handy to have since boarding operations leave GMs drawing a blank quite frequently in the TG setting.

3. Alternate technology styles. Let's get creative folks, let's look beyond the galactic standards and come up with something new. The living ships were neat. Magic & Psionic ships also need work. I don't want to see any more clunkers of magic technology either. Since these do not have to work on the same principles as technology they do not have to look chunky or clunky, they can be graceful and elegant looking creations.

4. How about some ground bound technology?

5. Ultimately, focus on one subject for the book, don't try to cover a dozen different power blocs in one book. It doesn't work - we've seen it before.
aka

SirTenzan
----------
Citizen of Minnesota, Land of Sky Blue Waters
United States of America
------------------------
Carl Gleba

Phalanx wrote:The resident aerospace engineer would love to see a book on Phase World spaceships and construction rules. :) Hell, I'd even be willing to help with editing/playtesting... *wink, nudge* :D

As much as I'd appreciate having the input (especially from an aerospace engineer) certain contracts prohibit me from doing so. :-(

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:
Phalanx wrote:The resident aerospace engineer would love to see a book on Phase World spaceships and construction rules. :) Hell, I'd even be willing to help with editing/playtesting... *wink, nudge* :D

As much as I'd appreciate having the input (especially from an aerospace engineer) certain contracts prohibit me from doing so. :-(

Carl

In a word "ppppphhhhtttttt!!!!!!" :P
America; land of the lawsuit / lawyers. But you sir, are not to blame.
Many are the times I've been tempted to send in my stuff to the Rifter (or even try for a full manuscript), but the legaleeze jargon leaves me feeling like I've just been rauchambaud' (I.E.; kicked in the nutz).
Thus I leave said discomfort to those better able to deal with it.
Good luck, and looking forward to what you may bring our way in the near future :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Carl Gleba

DhAkael wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

Carl

In a word "ppppphhhhtttttt!!!!!!" :P
America; land of the lawsuit / lawyers. But you sir, are not to blame.
Many are the times I've been tempted to send in my stuff to the Rifter (or even try for a full manuscript), but the legaleeze jargon leaves me feeling like I've just been rauchambaud' (I.E.; kicked in the nutz).
Thus I leave said discomfort to those better able to deal with it.
Good luck, and looking forward to what you may bring our way in the near future :D

Don't let the contracts scare you away especially if you got some cool ideas hidden away. I'm no legale eagle either, but the contracts that PB uses are in plain english and I understood mine pretty well. There's no hidden loop holes that gives Palladium possession of your house or anything sneaky. If you got the urge to be published I say try it at least once. There's nothing like seeing your name in print.

Carl
ImageImage
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

I'd like

1.) More information on the First.

2.) Proof the first were just that first and not a race of gods.

3,) Maybe a reace old enough to remember them, and what they were like.

4.) Really nasy fallen night NPC bad guys.

5.) Some kind of adventure underneath center itself.

6.) A letter from C.J. saying how sorry he is for the powercreep he started.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Something that makes sense.

Something that doesn't have every race MDC or worse yet make previously SDC races MDC.

The Seljuk cured, since they never should have been sick to begin with that was the Invalin.

No races from other books with new names and the exact same stats, descriptions, equipment and minions (with new names).

Toys.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Riftmaker wrote:I'd like

1.) More information on the First.

definatly

2.) Proof the first were just that first and not a race of gods.

how is that even a question? I never even remotely thought they might be gods. just curious

3,) Maybe a reace old enough to remember them, and what they were like.

that would coutner the idea of them being the first...

4.) Really nasy fallen night NPC bad guys.

agreed
5.) Some kind of adventure underneath center itself.

agreed

6.) A letter from C.J. saying how sorry he is for the powercreep he started.

He didn't start it. he just won the arms race. :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
bigwhitehound

Next

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

I would like to see the deck plans for some of the ships, used by the CCW, TGE, ect...
Flick
D-Bee

Unread post by Flick »

I like the Phaze world setting and would like to have more of everything but some specific things would be as follows.

1. TW ships that are worthy of the elves. ie fanciful things made as much as works of art as anything.
2. Standardized TW armors and weapons.
3. More noro psychic type armors/equipment/weapons.
4. More phase weapons/items/etc.
5. More races and OCC's are always good too.
6. Dominators in greater detail.
I do believe in Narnia.
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Blue Eyes »

I like this question :)

First let me say that i ultimately love the Palladium setting, i just guess that im a little annoyed with some things :)

1: Instead of fixing stuff with RUE that does not need to be fixed, i would like KS and his gang to sit down and think up detailed background histories for some of the many races we know so scaringly little about. Prometheans, Dominators, Azverkan, More on Machine people, Diefferences between asgardian elves, star elves and normal elves, differences between Space minotaurs and ordinary minotaurs, The Gene-Tech and The Gene Splicers, the X!on, The Draconid and the list just goes on. In my opinion the first two books for phaseworld are not well written. The prometheans have always bothered me, an excuse for munchkins to go wild, nothing on reproduction (genderless - so where do they come from, and they are immortal), history, family, social status and and and. Also more info on the forge and the first would be nice. We need tech tech tech to outweigh all the magic of the UWW - more cool gizmos!
2: Also i would love a book that is filled with detailed descriptions of new RCCs that populate the 3 galaxies. And i would like to say that they do not have to be superpowerful variants of something we have already seen and they do not HAVE to be MDC being with supernatural strength - SDC humanoids/bipeds or aliens will do just fine.
3: I would also love a book dedicated to new (and old) spacecraft, power armor, body armor, phase tech, gravity tech, psionic crystal tech etc of the three galaxies. I mean some of the descriptions in these books are horrible, filled with flaws and error and a minimum of detail. And i also like the spacecraft creation rules idea.
4: Last but not least there are thousands of skilled artists out there i would really love more illustrations to go with descriptions. This is one thing that Rocks in the RUE, lots of pictures to illustrate the great variation in how things can be perceived - COOL

thats all folks, c ya
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Carl Gleba wrote:

As for the Dominator ship; so how big do you think it should be?

Dominator Star Forts:

Use the stats for the G-95 Super Robotech Factory. That should be about right.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
KLM
Knight

Various

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

As for the books, each entry shall have its
own book:
- Decent starship construction rules,
which consider size, weight, energy output/requiments,
and maybe tech level. Revision of former starships,
so they can fill their role, stated in their capsule.
Close details on standard ship equipment, like
damage control equipment (and repair rules)
sensory, drive (sublight and FTL) and engineering
principles... This probably commands the revision
of space combat rules too...
Do this for technological, TW and psilite based ships.
This probably means the space warlock spells.
Interstellar laws regarding space travel.
Guidelines for trading, pirating, mining, scouting
etc.

-Details on the internal workings of each
power block, with lots of NPC's, names and
personalities are enough, maybe class and
level, but no other stat needed.
Of course each and every power block must
have its own separate book

------------------------
As for Dominators:
They probably can attack a Dreadnought (with
realistic stats, make a Doombringer which CAN
conquer or raze a planet) with good chance of
succes, but only when it is without escort.
Otherwise they would not be forced to hide.
This places the Dominator ships into the range
of one or two kilometers... But still, they
must be capable to decimate any TGE or
CAF battlegroup before going down.

Adios
KLM
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

More background information on the Invaders from the Phaseworld sourcebook!!! They really after the Cosmic Forge, I swear!!!

no, their a refugee race fleeing the destruction of their home galaxy by a Nanotechnic grey goo scenario brought on by a idiotic race giving a AI guided nanite space probe the order "learn all that is learnable", resulting in a race of self propagating blobs that consume matter to learn its molecular positioning, and converts it into more probes. the resulting neural networked micro-computers gives it "godlike" calculating abilities (restricted only by the speed of light issues.)

:)
i'd write this up as a rifter article, but i really don't feel like dealing with the horrid space combat system.

3. Alternate technology styles. Let's get creative folks, let's look beyond the galactic standards and come up with something new. The living ships were neat. Magic & Psionic ships also need work. I don't want to see any more clunkers of magic technology either. Since these do not have to work on the same principles as technology they do not have to look chunky or clunky, they can be graceful and elegant looking creations.

i'd love to see more non Gravitic drive ships, or even ships with no FTL. imagine the look of surprise when you tell them the interstellar nation their fighting is scrambling a fleet of fusion drive interstellar ramjets.

and then imagine the shock when they try to fight them, and get their nervous system scrambled by the magnetic scoops, ships cut in two by the fusion drive, and then the look when the planetary defenses turn out to be laser-boost ground to orbit launch platforms cutting ships apart at 2-3 light seconds.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I am not Sure where did hte info on Seljuk dying out appear? .. I never saw it in my PW books
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

daishi wrote:some star charts for the 3 galaxies would be nice, and a detailed map of center would be cool (though I'd prolly prefer to buy just an entire book on center)

full descriptions of all the races in the halo would be nice, maybe some more info on the thundercloud galaxy. More necrons, they're really cool
I would spend money on a Book JUST on Center as well.

Good Call.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

Another thing, for ship design rules:

In the 3 gal SB we can find the Fire Eater. It has two plasma
autocannons - each doing a 2d4*10 MD. What stands against
the idea of throwing them away, and replacing them with
the NE-75H shoulder cannon? Even a twin or quad mounting
seems technically sound... A 15 tons spacecraft surely can
mount them (as far as recoil and targetting is concerned)
and energy usage - since it is a cartridge weapon - also
cannot be a problem.
Furthermore, both items are manufactured by one firm,
and NE aims to be the best in the 3 gals.

Now this is I do not want to see in the ship creation rules.
(When a .50 BMG heavy rifle does more damage, and for
longer range, than a .50 BMG machine gun, with a burst
of 20+ rounds).

As an afterthought, a missiles table can also be handy,
listing not just range and damage, but dimensions and price
too...

Adios
KLM
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Flick wrote:I like the Phaze world setting and would like to have more of everything but some specific things would be as follows.

1. TW ships that are worthy of the elves. ie fanciful things made as much as works of art as anything.
2. Standardized TW armors and weapons.
3. More noro psychic type armors/equipment/weapons.
4. More phase weapons/items/etc.
5. More races and OCC's are always good too.
6. Dominators in greater detail.

Yup to all 6 points :D :ok:
As for point #1; I'm a working on it for a rifter article.
viewtopic.php?t=48195 this is just some of my musing... :frust: :frust:
Writers block is pain!

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Re: Various

Unread post by DhAkael »

KLM wrote:Hi there!

------------------------
As for Dominators:
They probably can attack a Dreadnought (with
realistic stats, make a Doombringer which CAN
conquer or raze a planet) with good chance of
succes, but only when it is without escort.
Otherwise they would not be forced to hide.
This places the Dominator ships into the range
of one or two kilometers... But still, they
must be capable to decimate any TGE or
CAF battlegroup before going down.

Adios
KLM

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/SF-Conversi ... achine.htm
This should about do it for a short-term idea on what a dominator fortess-ship can do
:demon: :demon: :demon: :nuke: :ok:
At least until something "oficial" comes down the pipe!

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: What do you want in the Next Three Galaxies books?

Unread post by Jefffar »

gaby wrote:What do you want in the Next Three Galaxies Books?

Timely delivery
Proper editing
No consistency errors
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

:lol: Oh, Jeffar.

You so crazy...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Carl Gleba wrote:As much as I'd appreciate having the input (especially from an aerospace engineer) certain contracts prohibit me from doing so. :-(

So let me get this straight, you aren't allowed to collaborate with any other potential freelancers on a Rifter submission or anything of the sort?

That's pretty crappy. What if someone were to work up the rules and you were to give them feedback? If you couldn't already tell, I've been kicking around the idea of writing ship creation rules and sending them in to the Rifter (at the least). I haven't dedicated myself completely to the idea, but it is definitely something I have considered and something that is desperately needed for the setting.

Well, here's a question: If I were to set out on this task, who would wish to collaborate with me on the matter. I would probably need to limit the number of individuals involved so that everyones' names would see print and be given credit (among other reasons). Also, just to be clear, I would be heading up the project and doing the majority of the writing and final editing for submission. However, the only way I would consider doing this is if an established writer hasn't already started on this or called first dibs on the project with Palladium. Well, anyone interested? Mr. Gleba, have things changed since I last inquired about the Ship Creation rules?

Well, I've put it out there, let's see where it goes...
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
KLM
Knight

Ship creation rules

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

Put me on your list for cooperators.

Adios
KLM
Carl Gleba

Warwolf wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:As much as I'd appreciate having the input (especially from an aerospace engineer) certain contracts prohibit me from doing so. :-(

Warwolf wrote:
So let me get this straight, you aren't allowed to collaborate with any other potential freelancers on a Rifter submission or anything of the sort?

In my book, if I were to do any kind of collaboration, I would get Kevin Siembieda's blessings ahead of time. If you were a proven author via the Rifter I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with it.

Second I would like to get to know someone before I started working with them. A good example is Todd Yoho. We exchanged emails for a while before just asking the other person for feedback. Is was a great exchange and Todd and I have become good friends.

Warwolf wrote:That's pretty crappy. What if someone were to work up the rules and you were to give them feedback? If you couldn't already tell, I've been kicking around the idea of writing ship creation rules and sending them in to the Rifter (at the least). I haven't dedicated myself completely to the idea, but it is definitely something I have considered and something that is desperately needed for the setting.

Its not that I don't mind giving feedback its dangerous. For people I don't know there is the potential of liability for Palladium and myself. People are a little to sue happy for my liking and I don't want to give any feedback to one of these people who may very well be phishing so they can take me to court because we may have a similar ideas, or I'm accused outright of stealing someone ideas. This is a general statement and not meant to imply anyone in this discussion. Just to be clear.

Warwolf wrote:Well, here's a question: If I were to set out on this task, who would wish to collaborate with me on the matter. I would probably need to limit the number of individuals involved so that everyones' names would see print and be given credit (among other reasons). Also, just to be clear, I would be heading up the project and doing the majority of the writing and final editing for submission. However, the only way I would consider doing this is if an established writer hasn't already started on this or called first dibs on the project with Palladium. Well, anyone interested? Mr. Gleba, have things changed since I last inquired about the Ship Creation rules?

I would like to do up a set of ship creation rules, however I have a lot on my plate at the moment - check out the new catalog or the beginning of this thread for details. However that doesn't mean I have first dibs so go ahead and send in a Rifter submission.

Also you might want to contact the Galactus Kid. If you have the new catalog he is one of the co-authors of Madhaven. He'll have details on collaborating for ya.

My apologies if this came off a little snippy. Its certainly not meant to be. I just want to be clear thats all :D

Carl
ImageImage
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

No, not snippy at all. I was just unclear as to the details of your "restrictions". Now that you have explained it, it doesn't sound bad at all. Lord knows I'm rather stingy with my intellectual property for primarily the same reasons. I'll keep Brandon in mind if I decide to do this thing, I'd just like to have some professional opinions before I send stuff in (I like to produce quality work, even if it takes me ages to do so). Thanks again for your time and wisdom Carl. :)

Just to be clear with everyone, I haven't decided to do this yet. Just so you know my previous post was not me committing to anything. Only time will tell.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Warwolf if you do end up writing those ship creation rules consider me the first in line to buy them. These rules should have been done many many years ago. The setting needs them.

Good luck and I hope they get accepted in an upcoming Rifter.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yes. I love to collaborate. I have written 2 articles for the Rifter, and the Madhaven manuscript with my co-author Taylor White, and I am in the middle of another article with a different coauthor. I'm also working on another manuscript with Taylor and have talked with many people about future collaborations.

I do have to agree that getting to know the person is really important to the writing process if you are working with a collaborator.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

No more. Other Dimensions. Phaseworld has enough books that it could be made into a new game.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Zer0 Kay wrote:No more. Other Dimensions. Phaseworld has enough books that it could be made into a new game.

Thanks for offering your opinion, but I believe that Phase World actually has a lot of promise and needs to be expanded as a setting. At the same time, I would also like to see other original settings added to the dimension-book series. :)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Warwolf wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:No more. Other Dimensions. Phaseworld has enough books that it could be made into a new game.

Thanks for offering your opinion, but I believe that Phase World actually has a lot of promise and needs to be expanded as a setting. At the same time, I would also like to see other original settings added to the dimension-book series. :)
That would work too. I still think that Phaseworld would make a good game all on it's own.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Zer0 Kay wrote:I still think that Phaseworld would make a good game all on it's own.

We agree there too. :ok:

Then again, that is pretty much what it has become, even if not in name.
Flick
D-Bee

Somebody likes me!

Unread post by Flick »

Thanks DhAkael! Elvish ships of light and magic do sound pretty cool. The problem would be making stats that live up to it.
I do believe in Narnia.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Vehicles
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

All I want is a tall ship and a star to sail her by.

*shakes head*

sorry...DECK PLANS!

they can be as simple as the ones in Robotech: Sentinels for the Ikazuchi, but I want plans.

I about flipped when I saw the ones for the Hunter Destroyer, but that just got me wanting more....MORE!
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

More info on the United Worlds of Warlocks would be great I am getting tired of all the CCW and TGE info.
Princedarkstorm
Warborn
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Rules for creating starbases and space stations.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mandalorian wrote:Rules for creating starbases and space stations.
They already have that in Anvil Galaxy I believe. or/ and one of the Rifters.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Carl Gleba

The Deific NMI wrote:

Actually there in Rifts®: Phase World®: The Three Galaxies™

Carl
ImageImage
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Carl Gleba wrote:
The Deific NMI wrote:

Actually there in Rifts®: Phase World®: The Three Galaxies™

Carl

Shameless plug?

:D

~ Josh
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

full descriptions of all the races in the halo would be nice, maybe some more info on the thundercloud galaxy. More necrons, they're really cool

Better descriptions of the Corkscrew and Thunderhead galaxies would be nice.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”