Would my home still be there?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Any change of a Google Earth mod? Google Rifts Earth, maybe?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Traska wrote:Any change of a Google Earth mod? Google Rifts Earth, maybe?

I hope to heaven not. LAST thing I want is Rifts Earth mapped out. it would destroy the game.

less maps the better.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
less maps the better.

I hope you're kidding.

hell no!

if they make maps players will expect them to be accurate, and make their characters based around them if i'm making a city-oriented game.

if there are no maps, the only things that exsist are what I want to exsist so there's no arguemtn.

and there WILL BE arguments over maps.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
less maps the better.

I hope you're kidding.

hell no!

if they make maps players will expect them to be accurate, and make their characters based around them if i'm making a city-oriented game.

if there are no maps, the only things that exsist are what I want to exsist so there's no arguemtn.

and there WILL BE arguments over maps.
well i kinda have to agree with you on this, basic maps ok, but every place mapped out, no
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Restrict the zoom level. Just include major topographical alterations... nothing even close to city-level, much less street level. Maybe eye alt = 1800 mi or so.

I just think an interactive map of Rifts Earth would be tres magnifique. =)
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I like maps. Im all for maps. I say go ahead and make the atlas. Let me buy it and for those who dont want them, dont buy the book. Then everybody is happy :)
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

To answer the original question of the post:

No...your house is gone. If the uber-development of land during the Golden Age of Man didn't do it....the Comings of the Rifts did. It wasn't just flooding but Earthquakes, Super-storms, and other meteorological wackiness.

Now...by some miracle it survived the Coming of the Rifts, the lack of upkeep on it during the Dark Ages and the time of the PA calender following would make it fall apart on it's own. We are talking about like 300 years here and all.

and to the sub-topic of conversation, I would like to see maps but only town to town maps and where ley lines are. I do feel that some of North America was skipped alot on this.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The levels of the great lakes wouldn't rise signifigantly because they are fed by rain water, not tied to the ocean. Some of the great lakes are about 100 meters above sea level.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Jefffar wrote:The levels of the great lakes wouldn't rise signifigantly because they are fed by rain water, not tied to the ocean. Some of the great lakes are about 100 meters above sea level.

Are they even large enough to be affected by the tides?

I learned last year that the St. Lawrence here in Quebec isn't once it narrows at Quebec City/Old Bones and I was surprised having lived next to the ocean my whole life.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

They have their own tides, yes, but they are not affected by the ocean tides, they are too far above sea level.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Rifts®”