Legendary Glitter Boys, been done?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

D-Rock wrote:"Glitter Knight"

*snip*

OOC: Being as I am new to this, I hoped that the shield wouldn't be too 'overpowered' and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds when instituting AR on an MDC being. Give me your input and let me know what I can do to refine this idea further. Thank you in advance.

Very nice and fairly well thought out.
It's nice to see a "legendary" GB that is actually running around without a boom gun.

The shield is a bit strong for a "riot" shield, but I see no problem with an arm shield packing that much MDC, especially if it is something like an inch or two of solid MDC material.

For rough estimates, the Boom Gun ammo magazine is probably close to twice the capacity of a SAMAS rail gun, so I could see it having something like 3500 rounds of C-40R ammo. Since the "original" GB (in the old RMB, and in FQ, Japan, MiO, etc) had only 100 rounds, and used 3.5 pound, 50x178mm cartridges each (estimted), one might be able to figure out how many grenade rounds be be possible to fit in a modified ammo drum on the back of the GB. (If the Banditio Arms bandit 6000 GL is roughly 40mm grenade rounds, then I could see 200 rounds fitting in the ammo drum)

I can see how getting a replacement BG would be problem... 5-10 million credits based on where someone tried to get one at.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I agree with R Ditto! Very well written and well thought out!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Agreed...Boom Guns are just as difficult to upkeep as the rest of the armor, and more vulnerable to damage, so more than a few 'legacy' Glitterboys should be sporting new shoulder weapons improvized in place fo the original boomer.

Actually, I'm kinda surprised more folks don't use shields...they're quick, cheap, easy to construct protection that can be used in a variety of ways.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

I've had ideas of a GB modified with a "built in" arm shield that conceals a few extra weapons. It would be simple to detach, allowing one to simply replace a damaged arm shield, or even to allow quick swapping of weapons, say removing a mini-missile pack and replacing it with an extending vibro sword and a pair of small energy weapons.

I've even gone so far as wondering if something like a force field system could be equipped into a shield, with the force field systems and power source on the inner side of the shield, creating a sort of limited coverage force field, perhaps a shape similar to a parabolic dish.

I have also had ideas for PA and GB scale shields and such, including an idea for a heavy duty "tower shield" (9ft high, 5ft wide, the top/bottom are just 75% the width of the middle portion) with a view port of sorts, so the GB can be behind it, with the boom gun having room to aim strait ahead due to the shield's shape, so the GB gets near full coverage from the front and still be able to use the boom gun.
I like the idea of GBs prepping for urban combat, they equip large shields and GB scale melee weapons. I wonder how much damage a 5ft long Vibro-Blade (or vibro-edged axe) of large size might do.
With a PS of 30, a GB could wield some really heavy weapons. Perhaps even disengaging a disabled BG and using it as a makeshift club...

I have also had ideas for optional shoulder weapons for GBs, a lot more than what Japan has. Including stuff like gatling guns, automatic grenade launchers, missile launchers on a "turreted" mount that contains a pair of small pistol scale lasers, a cluster of standard rail guns, energy weapons, solid state guns (a.k.a., metal storm), etc.
It is hard being alone.
taalismn
Priest

Hey, all those sound like the sort of ad-hoc weapons for the Legendary Glitterboys of this thread!

And remember, besides Japan, there's also South America to mine for those old machines!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is very true! Um... ONe more place to mine from! Space! Mutants in Orbit!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:That is very true! Um... ONe more place to mine from! Space! Mutants in Orbit!

Ah, true...necessity breeds invention, and if there's anyone who needs necessary invention, it's the Orbitals!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

And some of those kick butt. Just imagine a Mk V GB modified to use an HydroMagnetic drive for operating underwater and then changing out it's standard laser witha blue-green laser, along witha few minitorpedos. What do you think of those changes?

HH....FIE
R Ditto
Hero

Unread post by R Ditto »

Sounds interesting, perhaps also toss in a supercavitation capable round for use underwater by a similarly modified BG equipped GB... the last thing someone underwater expects is to be hit by a super sonic chunk of metal.

The underwater propulsion system should help prevent the regular type GB from having the slowly flying backwards effect should it fire its boomgun underwater when not properly anchored.
It is hard being alone.
Aramanthus
Monk

Thanks for the grillent idea for modifying my GB> I'm going to do it! I don't know why I didn't think of that before! Thanks!!!!! I mean it!!!!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Waitaminute...there's Glitterboys in space!

"Ronin"

The GLitterboy known as 'Ronin' is said to be one of a half-dozen Japanese Glitterboys assigned to the Sino-Space Colony just before the Coming of the Rifts...The original pilot was visiting another space station when his homebase and several thousand space colonists were obliterated by an eruption of unknown energies(a dimensional rift) at the LaGrange Point the colony was occupying. The horror of what he beheld at a distance drove the poor pilot mad...Rather than stay in the relative safety of one of the surviving space colonies, the Chromium Guardsman pilot made repeated forays into the debris field of the former Japanese space colony, looking for survivors, and coming back consistantly empty-handed, and raving about the things he'd seen in the wreckage, the monsters he'd fought, and the glimpses of strange places he'd seen through the 'blue gates'. One day he never returned..
But it's said that the Ronin still haunts the LaGrange point...Rumors that the deranged Japanese pilot had himself made over into a full conversion cyborg with his power armor his new body; a metal near-immortal who now haunts the drifting ruins and conducts an eternal war against monsters and grave robbers...Another rumor claims the man is long dead, and that only the suit remains, animated by alien energies or even an alien intelligence, preying on the unwary...and yet another Orbital yarn contends that the Ronin encountered a powerful temporal magic-using foe, or made a chance encounter with a dimensional anomaly, and has become 'unstuck' in time...popping in and out of alternate dimensions but occasionally appearing back where he began...either by accident or short-lived attempt to claw his way back home...cursed to forever phase in and out of our universe, all the while fighting demons and lamenting his sad state as a ronin of Earth.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"Thorne"
Nobody knows where this particular Glitterboy originated from, the circumstances that brought it to Atlantis, or who its pilot is..>What is known is that this heavily modified Glitterboy tore up the ranks of the gladiatorial contests in Splynn and was poised to enter some serious competition in the finals when it decided to carve its own way out of the arena, escaping into the Atlantean wilderness...
How a glitterchromed power armor manages to remain hidden in the wilds of the Refuge from the searching senses of the Splugorth remains a mystery, but 'Thorne' has managed to do so...and has exacted a fair share of payback as well, if the rumors of two slain Conservators and several dozen armored Minions are true....And THorne apparently has help, or at least is very good at salvaging its kills. Besides the array of chromed spikes adorning its head and body(adding 2d6 MD to melee attacks/punches/body blocks-tackles), a Kittani energy ax, and a Class One Combat Shield that it started out with, Thorne has added two Spider Guns, attached to each arm, and apparently found someone to re-attach a BoomGun to the shoulder mount. Some Minions claim to have seen the armor wielding a Rune Sword taken from one of its Conservator victims....
Accounts vary of who is within the fearsomely decked-out armor; an ex-slave so badly disfigured he or she dares not leave the safety of the Glitterboy? A member of the Underground Railroad organization? A rogue Minion? An insane escaped Naruni operative seeking payback? Every month the Thorne goes uncaptured and another Refugee Exterminator Squad fails to report back, the legend grows....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Very nice Taalismn! Very nice!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

'GlitterGiant'
It isn't known if this story circulating around North America is true, or just a tall tale...a VERY tall tale. But the gist of it thaty a community somewhere up north discovered a giant Glitterboy...all of eighty feet tall! Not a giant robot with laser reflective armor, but a giant, scaled-up-every-detail Glitterboy, identical in every other detail and spec to the standard model Chromium Guardsman, only writ larger....with no pilot inside...Rumors vary that the giant machine came from analternate Earth of giants, another that the armor was adevrsely affected by a trip through a dimensional rift that permanently warped its physical dimensions...and either killed the pilot in the process or left him or her stranded on the other side of the Rift.
Supposedly the community(which has never been identified, of course) has debated what to do with the giant, inert, but fully functional, machine..lacking a fifty-foot tall pilot, do they salvaged the machine for its parts and materials(the MDC value of such a giant would be in the THOUSANDS of MDC, after all), or somehow pay to have it modified for operation like a regular giant robot? The power of a giant scaled 'supersized' BoomGun would insure that trouble stays WELL away from the town that possesses such a weapon...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

*Guardian Fourteen
Sometimes referred to as 'Guardian One'....This was supposedly a Glitterboy assigned to the details protecting Washington D.C. of the old American Empire. When the Rifts hit and the extent of the disaster began to be known, supposedly the pilot(even Republican legends aren't sure if the pilot was a NEMA peacekeeper, a Marine, Army, or a member of the Secret Service) was charged with carrying certain vital documents out of the collapsing city to a safer place...
The story goes that the Glitterboy never reached the place, or found the destination(another NEMA stronghold, repository, military bunker) already gone and overrun, and so the documents were kept aboard the Glitterboy as it wandered about, looking for refuge.
The Glitterboy is supposedly somewhere still out there in the hands of the original pilot's decendants, wrecked and buried someplace, or long since salvaged, reconditioned, and now in somebody eles's service...and still hidden within its frame are cylinders containing the preserved historic documents...ranging in the tales from a secret map of government assets and facilities, to the original U.s. Constitution, Bill of Rights, and/or Declaration of Independence...Such a find would net millions of credits from collectors of pre-Rifts antiquities, and the Republicans would KILL for those precious relics of their heritage, if only the Glitterboy's existance could be verified, and the armor found....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

nice one, i have to get back into creation haunted power armor :D
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Wow... so who committed the Thread necromancy evocation?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
taalismn
Priest

"GammaShine"
GammaShine is another legendary Glitterboy that appears in bar-room tales...always from the lips of somebody who claims to have seen it or been the lone survivor of an encounter with it....GammaShine is said to be a monstrous(in nature) Glitterboy that actually GLOWS with hard nuclear radiation, intense enough that anyone coming too close to the machine without adequate protection will suffer from radiation blisters and rad-poisoning. This also means that its strikes and BoomGun roads act like U-Rounds against supernatural beings, interfering with their accelerated healing.,...The radiation, if it really is that intense, would kill any pilot, so rumors abound that the pilot is either an irradiated zombie or some d-bee resistant to radiation...Whatever is now piloting it, GammaShine seems to have no particular agenda, aside from assaulting anyone it encounters...which has always been armed parties in the tales...
Despite the tales of how deadly the radiation coming off the thing is, one would think it would be a fairly easy matter to track GammaShine by the radioactive trail it would certainly leave behind, but no one has ever found such traces, leading to a lack of credibility as to the GammaShine stories...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those new three GBs are very cool! Thanks for sharing Taalismn!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

SpiderShiner
The monstrous 'SpiderShiner' is said to be a Glitterboy from another parallel dimension where Humanity evolved differently. This six-legged machine has been seen wandering the Deep South, picking its way through the wilderness, occasionally popping up to rescue travellers and combat monsters...especially Splugorth Slavers. It may speak to people it's rescued, with the amplified metallic tones familiar to Glitterboy audio systems, though the speech seems to have an archiac accent. Beyond that, nobody knows much about the SpiderShiner
(The SpiderShiner is one of ARCHIE-3's 'experiments'...a Master Minion Robot's configuration with a Glitterboy torso....Hagan just wanted to see what it would look like...they've sent it off exploring to see how it performs and to sew even further confusion)....
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The Nesher
'Nesher Wing' was encountered during the Gathering of Heroes in North Africa to stop the Four Horsemen....Five winged power armors, heavily scratched up, bearing the faded and scored remains of what once must have been a reflective metallic paint scheme, but now almost a silver gray....and close enough in configuration to Coalition SAMAS to cause some of the North American heroes to start in alarm. Only a scholar who had been traveling with Erin Tarn correctly identified them as pre-Rifts designs, and the six-pointed star insignia on them as that of the nation of Israel....Knowing that Erin Tarn would be immensely interested in this and would want to talk to the pilots of the five armors, he sent word for her to come back to the came at once(she had just left with a caravan to re-supply a supply cache in a nearby oasis) but by the time she got the message and hurried back, the five armors were gone, off to scout out the Four Horsemen.
Erin Tarn never got to see them before she left for North America, but her colleague who stayed behind attempted to find anyone who had worked beside the five Nesher(Hebrew for 'eagle' and who could shed light on the origins of the machines and the nature of their pilots. So far, few stories have surfaced about them, mainly scant accounts of silver flying armor flying into combat in central AFrica, fighting the minions of the Horsemen with a variety of handhel weapons, and one garbled report from a watchpost on the borders of the Phoenix Empire of being ambushed by a group of flying armors....
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Zer0 Kay wrote:Wow... so who committed the Thread necromancy evocation?
taalismn, but at least its a cool thread to do
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are two pretty cool discriptions!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"One Armed Bandit"
A heavily modified Glitterboy out of the New West, 'Ol' OAB' apparently had its left arm replaced at some time with a larger robotic limb that looks like it came off a demonic steamshovel...a spiked arm ending in a heavy shovel-like claw...The arm itself lacks laser reflective armor, but has 350 MDC, and apparently a light forcefield(100 MDC) that regenerates every 24 hours, suggesting it came from some alien machine. The mass of the grafted arm throws the Glitterboy off-balance somewaht(reduce stop Speed by 10% and -1 to Dodge), but is massive(+2 to parry) and delivers a powerful hand attack(1d6x10 MD power punch, 5d6 MD for a slash, and 7d6 for a grap and crush).
OAB's been in the service of the Anistine Family(a clan of Glitterboy Pilots and OPerators in the Rockies) for over ninety years, though
they won't tell where they got the arm from(attempts to infiltrate their farm and attached mine where it's rumored the Anistines are stashing a cache of alien hardware have come to naught but pain and blood due to theri elaborate security setup). OAB's come out to participate in many small wars as a freelance mercenary. The latest pilot of OAB, 23-year old Mary Anistine, has become known for her trademark line, while in the One Armed Bandit, "Care to arm-wrestle?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool concept! Good one Talismn!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

'TickTockMan'
The Glitterboy known as the TickTockMan appears to be the only KNOWN collaboration between a TechnoWizard and a Temporal Raider to endow a technological creation with Temporal abilities....TickTockMan appears as a modified Glitterbuy with a large bejeweled clockface and several smaller ones set into the right breast of the plastron plate, several crystalline tubes set parallel to the barrel of the BoomGun, an hourglass insignia on several parts of the frame, and glowing white eyeslits reminescent of a Temporal Raider's own eyes. While the identities of its creators are unknown, a saddletramp claims to have met the TechnoWizard responsible for its creation, and reports that during a night of boisterous celebration at a bar, the TWizard claimed that she selected the Glitterboy for 'the unique properties of its glitterchrome construction, with regards to temporal magery.'
Indeed, the TickTockMan seems to have incorporated the Temporal spells of D-Phase, Wink-Out, Temporary Time Hole, Dimensional Pockets, and the offensive capabilities of TimeWarp: Slow Motion and Time Warp:. Age. The Glitterboy also has the TW abilities of Protective Energy Field, Implosion Neutralizer, Globe of Silence, and offensive powers of Life Drain and Barrage.
NObody knows who is currently operating TickTockMan, but the Glitterboy has appeared several times wandering the Magic Zone in the company of a group of mercenaries known as the War Reapers, composed of Mystic Knights and other assasins, who appear to be as inclined to take jobs against Federation of Magic members as against the Coalition. A favorite tactic of the TickTockMan appears to be to sneak up on fortifications, neutralize the guards with TimeWarp spells, then phase into the fort and open up with its heavy weapons INSIDE the walls. Particularly tough opponents are frozen in place with Temporal magic, enfeebled with LifeDrain, then blasted apart at leisure...Thus far, this has proven most effective and lucrative for the TickTockMan.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Overkill
“’Cause too much of a good thing is[ /i]never[i] enough in a pitched battle!

This suit of PA has an offensive barrage second to none. Whatever insane pilot drives this beast has no less than six fire-linked boom-guns to use! Each shoulder has a triple- barreled boom-gun, and independent targeting. He has only shown up in the last few years, but has already become something of a legend. Tales have spread about this blood red armor’s attacks on Splugorth Raiding parties, smashing Coalition Patrols, even helping out at the Siege on Tolkien!

In reality, this suit is piloted by a Farie-Bot Alien who had managed to find six GB’s in a recycling bin, and managed to cobble this monstrosity together. The pilot hasn’t managed to duplicate the chromium armor, but has boosted the M.D.C. by 25%, and it is much faster (80 mph), with some kind of inertial dampener that nullifies the recoil from the guns! The majority of the interior actually contains extra ammo, each gun has three time the normal ammo capacity when fully loaded. Look out when Overkill comes to town! There might not be much left!

Rampage
“What in the name of Prosek is THAT thing?”

Rampage is a bizarre fusion of Power Armor and D-Bee. On a trip to wormwood, the GB pilot was accompanied back to Rifts Earth by a Holy Terror. But during the transition, something went horribly wrong, and the two were merged when the came out at the other end! They have sense lived up to their nickname, rampaging across the length and breadth of North America, fighting anything that gets in their way, and living in constant agony.

Rampage has the normal abilities of both a Holy Terror and a Glitter Boy. Not only does he regenerate lost M.D.C., but ammo as well (same as healing speed)! He is truly a force to be reckoned with, as he has no mercy for anyone caught committing the slightest evil act. Has the habit of simply razing whole towns to the ground, claiming that they are ‘dens if inequity’. Obviously he has been driven insane by what has happened to him; but he still has a spark of decency left in him, he travels only in areas that have high levels of monsters and bandits.

Ogre-Crusher
WHAMMO “What hit me?”

Ogre Crusher is a GB suit that has gained some rather incredible abilities. While he no longer has his Boom-Gun, he does have a few other advantages. Like independent sentience, and super powers. Nobody, not even Ogre-Crusher knows how he got them, but when facing evil beings, or M.D.C. opponents he gains Extraordinary Speed, Energy Immunity, and Supernatural Strength! With these in addition to the Rimouski package he has, he has become quite the formidable opponent to evil. Has an I.Q. roughly equal to 25, with a P.P. of 14, all other attributes are at 9 (save speed).

He isn’t sure what his purpose in life is, but does know that he doesn’t like fighting all that much. He is looking for a place where he can be accepted and not be treated like a weapon. Is a remarkable poet, and has written several books worth of prose and sappy stories.

Best I could do on short notice.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

But quite good on short notice!

The Chromium Avenger
The Chromium Avenger is a Glitterboy out of its native environment...Courtesy of a dimensional rift, and a coinciding university experiment in gravitics, the Glitterboy popped into the middle of school lab on Heroes Unlimited Earth. The pilot, Thomas Aven, a mercenary Glitterboy pilot, fell into the hands of a scientifically -inclined student social activist group, the Serrated Casing Eggheads, an informal group of nerds and geeks led by theor curmudgeonly mentor and mad scientist Doctor Pyrotekki Salut, and the former university genius scientist-turned-janitor Adrian "MadMind" Maddox(fired from his teaching possesion due to his unpopularity with the University's administration, but only allowed to continue working at the insistance of Doctor Salut), with an interest in proactive crime fighting and social action. Knocked unconcious by the battle he was fighting when he was drawn into the Rift, Aven was taken care of by his rescuers who falsified a story about him being a visitor who strayed too close to an experiment that went bad, while they hid his suit of power armor(they just pulled it into a freight elevator and hid it downstairs behind some boxes. When Aven came to, it was confronted by the students, who knew he 'wasn't from around these parts'. After an exchange of stories, the Serrated Casing Eggheads convinced Aven to assist them in taking a more pro-active role in fighting the supervillian crimewave beleaguring the city. Realizing he wasn't going home any time soon, and that the students(weird, but sincere-seeming sorts)could have just handed him over to the authorities, Aven agreed to become the group's military asset.
Since then, the Chromium Avenger has forayed into the city to fight crime, assissted by his secret support staff of crazed engineering students and mad genuises....The Eggheads have made sure that the Avenger has several hideouts available to him across the city, and maintain a main base in an old fallout shelter under the campus High Energy Physics Building(where large power drains aren't going to be noticed)....as well as providing several panel trucks for quick escapes and pickups in the event he should need them. Doctor Salut has managed to duplicate the laser-reflective armor enough to make patching and replacement material, as well as plate several accessory systems he and Maddox have come up with, such as a sonic disruption stunner and vortex launcher, a mobility-enhancing jetback system, and a sword.
The Chromium Avenger has already begin to make a name for himself, and has fought alongside several other armored superheroes, such as the Golden Avenger(there was some confusion, initially, between the two in the press), and the Marauder(a power armored suit with intangibility). The Chromium Avenger's most telling upset was against the supervillian known as Glare...whose lasers just bounced off the power armor's shined-up armor until the Avenger knocked him crosseyed with a sonic blast....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Very nice new GBs! Thanks for sharing those!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

*Red Metal---Red Metal is one of two Glitterboys known to surface in post-Rifts Russia. 'Red Metal'is believed to have been a Glitterboy smuggled out of NEMA by Soviet operatives pre-Rifts and taken back to Russia for study, and only recently surfaced in a New Sovietski warehouse. The power armor has been pressed into service as part of a special operations unit...'Red Metal' has been substantially modified, since the original BOom Gun is missing(either taken to a separate facility pre-Rifts for study and subsuequently lost, or else not part of the original heist), so NS engineers have taken some liberties, fitting both forearms with AR-110 Razor-Disk Cannon, arm-mount rail guns adapted from the THunderstrike cyborgs, two AR-M50 Heavy Missile Launchers on the shoulders, and a Belofsky Plasma Cannon(which looks convincingly LIKE a Boom Gun to lend to confusion).

*'EasterMan'----THis Glitterboy surfaced when a warband belonging to the camp of Warlord Romanov raided an encampment of outlaws and found them paying homage to a large humanoid icon they believed to be a religious icon..Romanov's troopers were not so naive, and recognized a product of technology, and brought the armor back to Romanov.
Romanov's allies in the New Sovietski identified the artifact as a pre-Rifts American Chromium Guardsman and would have jumped at the chance to acquire another, but for the fact that the armor seems to have been modified, at some point, and now fairly radiates magical energy....The armor seems to have extensively gilded and somehow its glitterchrome armor has been inset with dozens, if not hundreds, of precious jewels, some of them not known to the planet Earth(some knowledgable members of Romanov's court have compared it to the long-lost Faberage Easter-Eggs of the Czarist period, thus giving the armor its moniker of 'Easterman')....Adding to the mystery is the fact that despite some spirited efforts, noone has been able to open up the armor to access its interior...yet power seems to be operational, judging from lights just barely visible through the eyeslits, and the armor seems to heal up the various chiselings and damage inflicted on it in attempts to prize it open...The New Sovietski is leery of accepting what could be a cursed or alien-affected trap, and Romanov is keeping the armor tucked away under lock and key until she can find some experts who can tell her what it is, exactly.
Meanwhile, Warlord Sokolov has heard of the acquisition(the artifact was taken from a camp on HIS turf)...he knows little of the facts of the case, doesn't particualrly care about ancient pre-Rifts power armors or religious relics, just knows something has been taken from his turf. After offing the priests who dared disturb him with their mad rantings, Sokolov has gotten some mileage out of loudly denouncing Romanov's 'theft' of a 'precious religious icon of value' to his people, and is demanding the relic back, amidst great promises of bloodshed if his wishes aren't met..Warlord Orloff has also heard of the artifact, and figures it's something of power, so he is also wondering if he should put his own two cents in, and has already sent a few spies to ferret out where it's being kept, for a quick bloody heist if it strikes him.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Very nice! I like them both!

HH....FIE
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Yeah now lets see if it gets as many posts as the old Teleport thread... of course there is less contraversy in this one and more cool ideas but hey... that many pages of cool ideas can't be wrong. :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Aramanthus
Monk

Personally I love it! It provides some little HLSs for GMs out there across the globe! :-D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Yeah now lets see if it gets as many posts as the old Teleport thread... of course there is less contraversy in this one and more cool ideas but hey... that many pages of cool ideas can't be wrong. :D

mmmm...what would it take to create a controversial Glitterboy? 8-)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Yeah now lets see if it gets as many posts as the old Teleport thread... of course there is less controversy in this one and more cool ideas but hey... that many pages of cool ideas can't be wrong. :D

mmmm...what would it take to create a controversial Glitterboy? 8-)

Hmm... one that had an upside rainbow colored triangle... no too trivial. Uh... one that... oh wow what if the machine people figure out how to instill chromium and the Naruni thermal stuff's properties into their bodies? :demon: Darn that really wasn't controversial. Hmm... don't think we can. Munchkin, Godlike, Awesome, Ridiculous, Scary, Mean, Evil, Nasty... but not controversial. :(
taalismn
Priest

POlymorphic Glitterboy that can assimilate additional armor and weapons from wrecks....
You'd have to use the HU concept of the Super Gizmo from Powers Unlimited 2 as a basis....

Phaze Glitterboys from the Three Galaxies....Virtually unstoppable.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:POlymorphic Glitterboy that can assimilate additional armor and weapons from wrecks....
You'd have to use the HU concept of the Super Gizmo from Powers Unlimited 2 as a basis....

Phaze Glitterboys from the Three Galaxies....Virtually unstoppable.... :D
Kinda did both a few pages back. A Tectonic Entity who inhabits a still operating NEMA manufacturing fortress who's body is made up of GBs that is covered in victims remains for the first.

Then there is the one I did that was super munchy with all the upgrades.
Aramanthus
Monk

I do have a GB that has a lot of phaze tech built into it. Of course I mixed other things too! :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Hmmm...the Greek god Hephastus builds a Glitterboy, just for kicks, on a challenge from Athena.....care to speculate what it might be packin'?
Atlantean power crystals? Mystic Shield? Laser Spear? Makes the Hoplite Mystic Power Armor look like a school crossing guard...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool ideas both of you!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

*Turnabout---It's not known if the Glitterboy known as 'Turnabout' really is or was a Glitterboy...all that's known is that on several nights in the New West near what used to be Salt Lake City, people have seen what appears to be a shadowy Glitterboy that, upon closer inspection, seems to be made of translucent glass. It will ignore all hails, but if approached too clsoely, will begin to posture aggressively...However, it does not attack...but if attacked, it seems to absorb all attacks...and returns them, as if the attack were simply turned around and sent back the way it came...with unerring accuracy...Melee atatcks will be met similarly...an ax or punch will be returned with equal cleaving/punching force...The apparition even 'returned' a heavy plasma missile, wiping out the Coalition vehicle unfortunate enough to launch the attack...All physical attacks seem to slide right into it without doing any harm...but the simplest magic attack will send the apparition fleeing, to soon vanish....Beyond that, nobody's been able to figure a think about it, save that people in the region are leery of encounters with solitary Glitterboys in the middle of nowhere...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That's a cool ghost story! Cool idea Taalismn!

HH....FIE
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Dont know if this one has been done but how about a GB that has a vibro spear along with the boom gun and it is called Gungnir.
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a cool version MrMom!

HH....FIE
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

how about a GB that has been refitted with a Harpoon Gun with a wench. Also How about one refitted with a Gun that fires Nets and the GB carries a Vibro Trident.
Aramanthus
Monk

You could always put that in its off hand! That would make a lot of sense. unless you wanted it too be pretty big then you could always put it on the opposite shoulder of the main cannon.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"The Arsonist"
Also called 'FireBug', and 'Vulcan's Revenge', this red-chromed Glitterboy made one dramatic appearance striding out of a blaze that consumed a military warehouse just outside Chi-Town. The blaze became a firestorm, aided, there's no doubt, by the Glitterboy's peculiar modifications: a NG-style hyper-napalm flamethrower mounted under each forearm, a plasma cannon mounted opposite it, and a strange weapon in place of the BoomGun that threw an expanding shotgun-blast-style spread of white-hot darts that stuck into targets and burned like magnesium and white phosphorus.
The Arsonist attacked Coalition military personnel who arrived to try to put out the blaze, and continued to hold off arriving reinforcements, darting in and out of the flames, hiding from thermo-optics, and preventing anybody from trying to extinguish the expanding fire....The Arsonist held out for a good forty minutes in the five acre military compound, managing to lure two SAMAS to their deaths in the smoke and flames, and blowing the head off a CS-sanctioned Burster who tried to bring the fires under control. As a finale, the Glitterboy set off an underground fuel tank, and was seemingly vaporized in the resulting blast, but due to the lack of remains found afterwards, authorities aren't sure...
THe CS is reporting only that the warehouse held 'medical supplies and food for frontline Coalition soldiers', but rumor has it the warehouse was a gathering point for artifacts looted from the ruins of Tolkeen...Whether or not the Arsonist was involved in covering a heist or destroying Colaition loot is a favorite subject of speculation, especially as the warehouse, and everything in it, was COMPLETELY incinerated in the blaze....
The Arsonist has not been seen since, but CS MilIntel has a 50,000 credit reward out for information on the Glitterboy and its pilot....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a very cool ideal Taalismn! I'd love to see stats on that bad boy!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:how about a GB that has been refitted with a Harpoon Gun with a wench. Also How about one refitted with a Gun that fires Nets and the GB carries a Vibro Trident.

Deep Sea Glitterboy...Bolt on some aquatic thrusters, extra life support, maybe an electric shock apparatus...Replace the head 'horns' with swept-back fins...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

taalismn wrote:
MrMom wrote:how about a GB that has been refitted with a Harpoon Gun with a wench. Also How about one refitted with a Gun that fires Nets and the GB carries a Vibro Trident.

Deep Sea Glitterboy...Bolt on some aquatic thrusters, extra life support, maybe an electric shock apparatus...Replace the head 'horns' with swept-back fins...

powerful pumpjets, not just thrusters. and swap that boomgun out for a BG-laser cannon/Mini-torpedo assembly. and replace the radar with Sonar.

call it a USA-G10M (Marine)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”