~ WHY do you guys like playing CYBER KNIGHTS ?!?! ~

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

your mom's a jedi! :P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Talavar wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
Exiled_one wrote:And we haven't even mentioned the first Cyber-Knight NPC to be statted out

Sir Raoul Lazarous anyone?

Miscreant alignment, more than willing to condone awful experiments on vampires, possibly insane (my vamp kingdoms book appears to have gone walkies)and sleeping with an ice dragon...

Yet in theory he's still a respected hero without any justiciars out for his head

Is he therefore a Fallen knight?

He's a hero to the people as a member of Reid's rangers after all.

If the rest of the Order, or any Justiciars actually learned what a foul being Lazarius is... then yes, he would be hunted down and justice would be delivered.

But that's exactly the point. You can be a completely evil cyber-knight, and as long as you maintain the appropriate appearances, or at least keep the bad stuff under the radar, and no one is going to do anything.

Sooner or later, that stuff does come to light.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Percy Ferkelberger

Unread post by Percy Ferkelberger »

yes and? the rise and fall of evil is the stuff rpg stories are made of.
Exiled_one
Wanderer

Unread post by Exiled_one »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Talavar wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
Exiled_one wrote:And we haven't even mentioned the first Cyber-Knight NPC to be statted out

Sir Raoul Lazarous anyone?

Miscreant alignment, more than willing to condone awful experiments on vampires, possibly insane (my vamp kingdoms book appears to have gone walkies)and sleeping with an ice dragon...

Yet in theory he's still a respected hero without any justiciars out for his head

Is he therefore a Fallen knight?

He's a hero to the people as a member of Reid's rangers after all.

If the rest of the Order, or any Justiciars actually learned what a foul being Lazarius is... then yes, he would be hunted down and justice would be delivered.

But that's exactly the point. You can be a completely evil cyber-knight, and as long as you maintain the appropriate appearances, or at least keep the bad stuff under the radar, and no one is going to do anything.

Sooner or later, that stuff does come to light.

Except that he's got the iron-clad reputation among lots of loyal Mexican peasants that he and the rest of the rangers have saved, add to the fact he's effectively the military commander of Reid's Rangers (a small army when assembled), means it would have to be a very large/powerful group of do-gooder justicars to get a crack at him.

So he's effectively a saint among a group of local (maybe national if we consider a small nation :P )heroes so long as he keeps putting down the vamps, no ones going to look closely at him....
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Exiled_one wrote:Except that he's got the iron-clad reputation among lots of loyal Mexican peasants that he and the rest of the rangers have saved, add to the fact he's effectively the military commander of Reid's Rangers (a small army when assembled), means it would have to be a very large/powerful group of do-gooder justicars to get a crack at him.

Not so fast. Any visiting CyberKnights would be taken straight to him. All they'd have to do is ask and everyone, including that small army, would lead them right to his door. After all, why he would fear other CyberKnights?

Getting back out might be a challenge, but getting in and giving him some justice would be simple. I could see the CK's deciding that he's better off a martyred legend than alive.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Dracurian wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:your mom's a jedi! :P

Your father wears wookiee underwear :P

8-)

that because its the only thing that can contain his wookie junk! :P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

rat_bastard wrote:
Dracurian wrote:

8-)

Ya know, Chewbacca was notably naked for most of the movies... and you didn't see much dingle-dangle...
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Mack wrote:
Exiled_one wrote:Except that he's got the iron-clad reputation among lots of loyal Mexican peasants that he and the rest of the rangers have saved, add to the fact he's effectively the military commander of Reid's Rangers (a small army when assembled), means it would have to be a very large/powerful group of do-gooder justicars to get a crack at him.

Not so fast. Any visiting CyberKnights would be taken straight to him. All they'd have to do is ask and everyone, including that small army, would lead them right to his door. After all, why he would fear other CyberKnights?

Getting back out might be a challenge, but getting in and giving him some justice would be simple. I could see the CK's deciding that he's better off a martyred legend than alive.

Or he might be summoned to stand trial by Lord Coake. If he doesn't show up... well, that would cause some problems and likely a civil war amongst the Rangers. Especially since if and when any of Lazarius' "exploits" come to light, Grizzly Carter and his supporters would be among the first to learn of it. Not all of Reid's Rangers are profiteering scum.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Mark Hall wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Dracurian wrote:

8-)

Ya know, Chewbacca was notably naked for most of the movies... and you didn't see much dingle-dangle...

CGI. Lots and Lots of Pixels....
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

We've also got to remember, for the Lazarius case, that there's no mass-media and no legal authorities. At best any attempt to prove that Lazarius is a bad guy is going to devolve into someone (probably an eye witness) claiming he did something bad, and him denying it. He's got the backing of his near-legendary reputation and most of the other rangers; in the face of that, I would imagine most witnesses, no matter their evidence or testimony, would be largely discredited or ignored.

How hard is it today to convict celebrities, famous athletes, and politicians of anything, in a legal system that tries to be unbiased, and has systems in place to gather evidence, testimony, corroborating witnesses, etc.? Proving Lazarius is evil would be like those types of cases with the modern legal system stripped away.

Sure, some lone champion, cyber-knight or otherwise, could challenge Lazarius and potentially kill him, but that figure, unless massively popular & famous themselves, would likely be seen as the villain or fallen knight by most people in the region, and would face retaliation/"justice."

Return to “Rifts®”