Christian Minister

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Re: Christian Minister

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Steeler49er wrote:All of this is True, some would Lose Faith wilst others would be strengthened by the Caty. I'd "however" be one of them that would see the Caty as totally taking a dump on the Apocalypse... Since the bible says (In short) that the generation which sees the Jews return to the home land would be the ones to see Christs return... Given that they just got "Ley Line Nuked" :lol: , It'd be hard to continue in that faith when just about Nothing of Rev. happened (save for mass destruction)...

AND still others would "Yes", see this as comfermation on a huge level! (Sorry, it's too hot today to spell things right). So Yeah, I agree with yawl on this, But then I'd already said this earlier).

All great points.

What I'd LIKE to see is that we don't All stick to the "Only Psychic powers, Only Magic, or No powers for the Preacher OCC", I'd like to see super powers or Chi thrown in to the options list.
Sorry but, I like Superman alot :lol:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________RATTZ
Is it me, Or is it HOT today in Washinton? :x

You know, I'm all for only magic, only psychic, mystics(ie both), and none.
I never considered super powers. I don't particularly like that one. I mean, its all cool for Bible-Man, but is it right for Joe Pedo the Catholic Priest? Idunno.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Wyrmbear wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I mean, its all cool for Bible-Man, but is it right for Joe Pedo the Catholic Priest? Idunno.

Well I suppose as long as it doesn't include the usual gratuitous use of "enhancement" powers or memory-alteration powers, it should probably be ok.

There are after all sects of Christianity that have taken the idea of the numerous quasi-religious and fully religious feats performed by various ideologies such as Shao-Lin, Zen, Vanir, Native America spiritualism, even Shinto and applied the idea to their own principles.

I've known Christian Mystics and others, but I'm setting one up that fits mor of me. The OCC will be one that was made by a character based on me. So there are ideas that I love and ideas that won't work for this OCC. Rememeber that there are titles and duties within the ministry and different types of ministers and preachers within Christianity. Prophets, Teachers, Sages, Bishops, Pastors, Misionaries, Elders...on and on and on. This will be a heavy survival type of OCC with a story to go with it. This is the reason that I am not finished.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Crucible wrote:Anyone ever tried to create a minister's OCC? Have I looked over something or is it just not done?

Been done...yepp.

RIFTS : New West "Preacher OCC"
I like the Fire and Brimestone version ;)

RIFTS : Warlords of Russia / Mystic Russia
Cannot remember which of the two had it. But its a Russian Christian version.

RIFTS : Pantheons of the Megaverse "Priest of Light" or "Priest of Darkness"
Much more generic Holy-man type. Might want to check out the:

RIFTS : Dragons & Gods
The expanded Priest powers/miracles and Godly powers are cool.
The big "G" in Palladium's universe is most likely an Alien Intelligence of Great Power. Maybe not as powerful as people wish to believe however. Far as we know, the big "G" is only worshiped here on Earth. If that is so, then he would not be all powerful.
Place him near Zues or Odin in Power level. Because those two All-Father gods have worshipers on many worlds and in many dimensions. This will offend many christians, but they have to learn to deal with this being a game.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

TechnoGothic wrote: The big "G" in Palladium's universe is most likely an Alien Intelligence of Great Power. Maybe not as powerful as people wish to believe however. Far as we know, the big "G" is only worshiped here on Earth. If that is so, then he would not be all powerful.
Place him near Zues or Odin in Power level. Because those two All-Father gods have worshipers on many worlds and in many dimensions. This will offend many christians, but they have to learn to deal with this being a game.

According to Pantheons, the big G, or a limitless omnipotent being is more powerful than any god listed in that book and the old ones combined. Kevin says in that book that if you want to include that in your games then do it, but that there is no point in statting it out.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

TechnoGothic wrote:RIFTS : Warlords of Russia / Mystic Russia

Natasha wrote:p. 208 Warlords of Russia

It's a Catholic priest, which kinda odd given the setting.

But I think it's a good template for any sort of religious leader/village elder.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Natasha wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:RIFTS : Warlords of Russia / Mystic Russia

Natasha wrote:p. 208 Warlords of Russia

It's a Catholic priest, which kinda odd given the setting.

But I think it's a good template for any sort of religious leader/village elder.

It has been stated that russian orthodox would have been better, but you can't blame Kev for his lack of research. Oh wait.....
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Yea especially since ROC (Russian Orthodox Church) is splattered all over the text. :)
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Natasha wrote:Yea especially since ROC (Russian Orthodox Church) is splattered all over the text. :)
ROman Catholic?
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Natasha wrote:Yea especially since ROC (Russian Orthodox Church) is splattered all over the text. :)
ROman Catholic?

Republic Of China?
Crucible
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote: The big "G" in Palladium's universe is most likely an Alien Intelligence of Great Power. Maybe not as powerful as people wish to believe however. Far as we know, the big "G" is only worshiped here on Earth. If that is so, then he would not be all powerful.

According to Pantheons, the big G, or a limitless omnipotent being is more powerful than any god listed in that book and the old ones combined. Kevin says in that book that if you want to include that in your games then do it, but that there is no point in statting it out.

Forgot about that!
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Crucible
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Pantheons of the Megaverse pg 6

The Galactus Kid

Crucible wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Pantheons of the Megaverse pg 6

There you go.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Hey the Old Ones got stats!
The Galactus Kid

Natasha wrote:Hey the Old Ones got stats!

If its got stats you can kill it.

...another reason there isn't a Chi-town book yet. hahaha

The Galactus Kid

I would like to congratulate everyone for allowing this thread to go on for four pages without getting it locked. Congrats.

Crucible
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:I would like to congratulate everyone for allowing this thread to go on for four pages without getting it locked. Congrats.

Yeah, thanks guys. I'm working on the OCC now. Its more than just a few skills and abilities. Its introducing a lot more than that. I'm enjoying working on it and its a whole lot more than just a typical Preacher OCC, but its a whole group and with a reason, mission, and ideology.

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Crucible wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I would like to congratulate everyone for allowing this thread to go on for four pages without getting it locked. Congrats.

Yeah, thanks guys. I'm working on the OCC now. Its more than just a few skills and abilities. Its introducing a lot more than that. I'm enjoying working on it and its a whole lot more than just a typical Preacher OCC, but its a whole group and with a reason, mission, and ideology.

I would honestly like to see it.

Crucible
Champion

Clan of the Black Cross Minister O.C.C

Diary of Arianna Brewer
Published in 109 PA
Watchtower, Ga

As a child I was always reading Erin Tarn books. Actually, just pages. I found myself on various misadventures in my youth while looking for anything that pertained to her writings or anything else that was interesting. Oh how I wished to pattern my life after hers, but the reality was that I was a child of the Burbs. We lived in what could only be described as a shack and my father always kept his weapons loaded. I learned about those early on. The L-20 Pulse Rifle, Wilks Laser Pistol, the 7.62 Assault Rifle, 9mm Handgun, Silver Survival Knife, all types of other weapons, and this was just to protect us in the Burbs. His greatest weapon, was his mind. Dad was always reading and writing, he was a sweet and open man. My mother wasn't much different, not in personality. She was a very misunderstood woman who had lived most of her life in laboratories and examining things. You could say that Dad would research Mom's findings.

I was fourteen when retired Gunnery Sergeant Mako Woodson came to our home. I was studying a physics holotape when he came knocking at the door. I thought that my dad was being recruited for something, but instead it was he who had asked Mako over. That was his preference for all of us. He was a kindly man who had retired from the CS Navy Marine Corps. He had been a member since before they were common knowledge. The guy was very likeable. I could barely hear what he was saying, but my older brother received the best and most important advice of his life when speaking with Mako. "Son, you need to be able to have some control over how you live and die. Do not join the CS." This made my brother smile, he was really tempted to enlist.

The next day, Dad woke us all up very early to clean. That wouldn't be very easy because we didn't have a floor, but we tried. Whenever Dad asked anything of any of us, we were all happy to oblige. This time my mom wanted answers. She stopped scrubbing the old wooden table and said, "Nicholas, what going on? Mako was one of them and you and I can ill afford any type of betrayal. Your students vary between human and everything else, your son is confused on whether he wants to be a part of the CS Machine, your daughter is a budding researcher herself. This is all too much, you have to come clean Nick!" My dad wasn't use to that type of talk and was a kindly type of man. He sat on his favorite stool and said, "Willie Ownes is dead." My mother was shocked. She paused for a moment and exclaimed, "Mako's half brother? Lt. Ownes? He was your only connection to Chi-Town." She approached my father gently and with real concern. "What happened." My father took off his glasses and looked over my mother. His head shaking and lip quivering he forced out a response, "They found out what we were planning. One of the psychics. Its being made out that he was killed in the Burbs and they'll be looking for us as soon as they finish spinning a good enough propaganda device. Mako has decided to band a few guys together to help a few families leave the Burbs and settle somewhere south. Maybe Georgia." My mother took my father's hand, "What did Willie find that was so important that his life was forfeit?" I walked in slowly. My father looked at me and responded, "There will be purge soon. A smaller town just southwest of here is going to be sacked. They are all human, non magic, and practically worshippers of the CS. He asked me a few months back to help him to inform the guys, but I was too scared. After Willie was killed, I knew that I was done. I had decided to leave you all and turn myself in, but Mako wants to finish his brother's work. Not by going to Helmston, but helping a few of us get out of here before the CS realizes that Helmston is already evacuated." I had to speak, I had held it in too long. "So Helmston will still be evacuated?" My father replied, "When the group gets here it will have already have been evacuated and we will be leaving three to four hours later. We will then meet up with them and their forces, which will not be many, and start our long trek southeast to what was once Georgia." The conversation ended as fast as it started and we took to making space and packing rather than cleaning.

Hours and hours went past and finally as the sun began to set once more there was a knock at the door. My father rushed to open it and there stood Mako, exhausted and in a serious hurry. With him was a man named Ellison and a woman named May. My father had told us about Ellison and May in the hours before their arrival. Ellison was a scout or wilderness ranger or something like that and May had been a mercenary since she was about my age. "We have to hurry!" yelled May. Mako spoke in a long exhausted rasp, "We hear that the CS have pushed up their assault. Even though we have the people not far from here, it wouldn't be too difficult for a Psi Squad to find them. We need to head out. The Helmston people are still headed in the southwest direction, we need to head them off. Their only protection is their law enforcement and the training for these guys is worst than a Deadboy!" Dad had already prepared us for this when Mako was four hours late. So we got all that we could and headed out. The first part of the area would be easy to navigate until we got to wilderness, so the time was now. Ellison spoke in a much calmer tone. I'll help them load the truck." he grinned slyly, "Ever rode in a Deuce and a half?"

Like I figured, the first part of the trek wasn't so bad. It wasn't an open field ride, but a lot of the trees were spread enough apart that we would be abole to shoot straight. The truck had been fitted with extra armor, but no weapons. Mako had told us that it was mostly parts taken from an APC from the CS. One of their guys was a master operator. A psychic and mechanics whiz who had made about five of these. I had always thought that it would take years, but Mako had told us that his operator had hired a lot of help. He was telly Dad about the Psi-Op, his name was Bud and he hated the CS for unlimited and sometimes odd reasons they kept joking about a few of his conspiracy theories. Including the one where Prosek's family had made a pact with an Old One to further corruptions and hostilities.

We met with the others about four hours later. I worried about fuel and resources, even though I had already been told that an alternative power source was in place and most of the resources such as food was covered and being kept in an actual truck. The stop that we made was unprecedented. It was a township where we were welcomed with opened arms. There were no gates, walls, or even soldiers to speak of, but the people seemed to be able to handle themselves. A tall man wearing pieces of animal hide approached our truck and spoke loudly. "Park over at the southern most part." I asked Mom, "Whats here?" She patted my leg and said, "Some more people going south are here." I felt a chill. "What are they not telling me?" I wondered to myself. It was reminding me of when Matilda and her parents went looking for Psyscape.

It was a very cold night. It had gone from very hot during the day, to temperatures around 20 degrees. Everyone gathered around a bonfire at the center of the town. Mako and my father were talking to Bud, while my mother and brother, Kyle, stood there listening. I felt lost even though there were a few my own age from Helmston. I just felt more like knowing, so I went into earshot to hear the whole conversation.

Mako's face was cringed with disbelief as he advanced towards my father, "Nich Brewer! Thats what my brother REALLY died over? Some religious nutbags?" Bud had sarcasm seething from his teeth, "I told ya this was a bad idea Makey. We should've gone southwest. At least vampires only have half a day to make our lives miserable." Mako stopped and said, "You are putting all of these folks at risk! For all we know these monks, priests, or whatever may not even let us in! I know that I don't believe in what they're selling." Dad rose his hand in a defiance that I have never seen from him, "Mako! Bud. Guys. I didn't even know about them until Willie told me. Then he gave me this book." He handed it over to Mako who began shaking his head and pushed the book away from himself. Bud took the book and said, "The CS doesn't really teach spelling and phonics man." Bud skimmed through the book and said, "This is a Bible. Its different from the "approved" version. I see that the word "faith" is emboldened in red. These guys, what are they all about?" My dad shook his head and hunched his shoulders. He said in a sincere tone, "I don't know. They just made a deal with Willie to take care of everyone." Another man came from nowhere, a solid built brown skinned individual with white hair and striking gray eyes. He wore a black suit, and black clergy shirt with a white priest's tab. There was a hush then and there over everyone. He looked at me and smiled, then back at mother and my brother. He also gave a warm glance to Bud and then to Mako. He was holding his own book with a beautiful cross outlined in silver.

The man looked at Mako and said, "Your brother was very, very brave. He made it here and asked a favor of me. To get my people to allow refugees to come live. I have set it up and now all you will need is to get there. I cannot go with you, my mission is here to help train these people to take better care of themselves. Here is the map." The man turned and handed my father a map and also instructions. Just tell them that Rev. Pete Wilson sent you.

To Be Continued...

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Spoiler:
Crucible wrote:Clan of the Black Cross Minister O.C.C

Diary of Arianna Brewer
Published in 109 PA
Watchtower, Ga

As a child I was always reading Erin Tarn books. Actually, just pages. I found myself on various misadventures in my youth while looking for anything that pertained to her writings or anything else that was interesting. Oh how I wished to pattern my life after hers, but the reality was that I was a child of the Burbs. We lived in what could only be described as a shack and my father always kept his weapons loaded. I learned about those early on. The L-20 Pulse Rifle, Wilks Laser Pistol, the 7.62 Assault Rifle, 9mm Handgun, Silver Survival Knife, all types of other weapons, and this was just to protect us in the Burbs. His greatest weapon, was his mind. Dad was always reading and writing, he was a sweet and open man. My mother wasn't much different, not in personality. She was a very misunderstood woman who had lived most of her life in laboratories and examining things. You could say that Dad would research Mom's findings.

I was fourteen when retired Gunnery Sergeant Mako Woodson came to our home. I was studying a physics holotape when he came knocking at the door. I thought that my dad was being recruited for something, but instead it was he who had asked Mako over. That was his preference for all of us. He was a kindly man who had retired from the CS Navy Marine Corps. He had been a member since before they were common knowledge. The guy was very likeable. I could barely hear what he was saying, but my older brother received the best and most important advice of his life when speaking with Mako. "Son, you need to be able to have some control over how you live and die. Do not join the CS." This made my brother smile, he was really tempted to enlist.

The next day, Dad woke us all up very early to clean. That wouldn't be very easy because we didn't have a floor, but we tried. Whenever Dad asked anything of any of us, we were all happy to oblige. This time my mom wanted answers. She stopped scrubbing the old wooden table and said, "Nicholas, what going on? Mako was one of them and you and I can ill afford any type of betrayal. Your students vary between human and everything else, your son is confused on whether he wants to be a part of the CS Machine, your daughter is a budding researcher herself. This is all too much, you have to come clean Nick!" My dad wasn't use to that type of talk and was a kindly type of man. He sat on his favorite stool and said, "Willie Ownes is dead." My mother was shocked. She paused for a moment and exclaimed, "Mako's half brother? Lt. Ownes? He was your only connection to Chi-Town." She approached my father gently and with real concern. "What happened." My father took off his glasses and looked over my mother. His head shaking and lip quivering he forced out a response, "They found out what we were planning. One of the psychics. Its being made out that he was killed in the Burbs and they'll be looking for us as soon as they finish spinning a good enough propaganda device. Mako has decided to band a few guys together to help a few families leave the Burbs and settle somewhere south. Maybe Georgia." My mother took my father's hand, "What did Willie find that was so important that his life was forfeit?" I walked in slowly. My father looked at me and responded, "There will be purge soon. A smaller town just southwest of here is going to be sacked. They are all human, non magic, and practically worshippers of the CS. He asked me a few months back to help him to inform the guys, but I was too scared. After Willie was killed, I knew that I was done. I had decided to leave you all and turn myself in, but Mako wants to finish his brother's work. Not by going to Helmston, but helping a few of us get out of here before the CS realizes that Helmston is already evacuated." I had to speak, I had held it in too long. "So Helmston will still be evacuated?" My father replied, "When the group gets here it will have already have been evacuated and we will be leaving three to four hours later. We will then meet up with them and their forces, which will not be many, and start our long trek southeast to what was once Georgia." The conversation ended as fast as it started and we took to making space and packing rather than cleaning.

Hours and hours went past and finally as the sun began to set once more there was a knock at the door. My father rushed to open it and there stood Mako, exhausted and in a serious hurry. With him was a man named Ellison and a woman named May. My father had told us about Ellison and May in the hours before their arrival. Ellison was a scout or wilderness ranger or something like that and May had been a mercenary since she was about my age. "We have to hurry!" yelled May. Mako spoke in a long exhausted rasp, "We hear that the CS have pushed up their assault. Even though we have the people not far from here, it wouldn't be too difficult for a Psi Squad to find them. We need to head out. The Helmston people are still headed in the southwest direction, we need to head them off. Their only protection is their law enforcement and the training for these guys is worst than a Deadboy!" Dad had already prepared us for this when Mako was four hours late. So we got all that we could and headed out. The first part of the area would be easy to navigate until we got to wilderness, so the time was now. Ellison spoke in a much calmer tone. I'll help them load the truck." he grinned slyly, "Ever rode in a Deuce and a half?"

Like I figured, the first part of the trek wasn't so bad. It wasn't an open field ride, but a lot of the trees were spread enough apart that we would be abole to shoot straight. The truck had been fitted with extra armor, but no weapons. Mako had told us that it was mostly parts taken from an APC from the CS. One of their guys was a master operator. A psychic and mechanics whiz who had made about five of these. I had always thought that it would take years, but Mako had told us that his operator had hired a lot of help. He was telly Dad about the Psi-Op, his name was Bud and he hated the CS for unlimited and sometimes odd reasons they kept joking about a few of his conspiracy theories. Including the one where Prosek's family had made a pact with an Old One to further corruptions and hostilities.

We met with the others about four hours later. I worried about fuel and resources, even though I had already been told that an alternative power source was in place and most of the resources such as food was covered and being kept in an actual truck. The stop that we made was unprecedented. It was a township where we were welcomed with opened arms. There were no gates, walls, or even soldiers to speak of, but the people seemed to be able to handle themselves. A tall man wearing pieces of animal hide approached our truck and spoke loudly. "Park over at the southern most part." I asked Mom, "Whats here?" She patted my leg and said, "Some more people going south are here." I felt a chill. "What are they not telling me?" I wondered to myself. It was reminding me of when Matilda and her parents went looking for Psyscape.

It was a very cold night. It had gone from very hot during the day, to temperatures around 20 degrees. Everyone gathered around a bonfire at the center of the town. Mako and my father were talking to Bud, while my mother and brother, Kyle, stood there listening. I felt lost even though there were a few my own age from Helmston. I just felt more like knowing, so I went into earshot to hear the whole conversation.

Mako's face was cringed with disbelief as he advanced towards my father, "Nich Brewer! Thats what my brother REALLY died over? Some religious nutbags?" Bud had sarcasm seething from his teeth, "I told ya this was a bad idea Makey. We should've gone southwest. At least vampires only have half a day to make our lives miserable." Mako stopped and said, "You are putting all of these folks at risk! For all we know these monks, priests, or whatever may not even let us in! I know that I don't believe in what they're selling." Dad rose his hand in a defiance that I have never seen from him, "Mako! Bud. Guys. I didn't even know about them until Willie told me. Then he gave me this book." He handed it over to Mako who began shaking his head and pushed the book away from himself. Bud took the book and said, "The CS doesn't really teach spelling and phonics man." Bud skimmed through the book and said, "This is a Bible. Its different from the "approved" version. I see that the word "faith" is emboldened in red. These guys, what are they all about?" My dad shook his head and hunched his shoulders. He said in a sincere tone, "I don't know. They just made a deal with Willie to take care of everyone." Another man came from nowhere, a solid built brown skinned individual with white hair and striking gray eyes. He wore a black suit, and black clergy shirt with a white priest's tab. There was a hush then and there over everyone. He looked at me and smiled, then back at mother and my brother. He also gave a warm glance to Bud and then to Mako. He was holding his own book with a beautiful cross outlined in silver.

The man looked at Mako and said, "Your brother was very, very brave. He made it here and asked a favor of me. To get my people to allow refugees to come live. I have set it up and now all you will need is to get there. I cannot go with you, my mission is here to help train these people to take better care of themselves. Here is the map." The man turned and handed my father a map and also instructions. Just tell them that Rev. Pete Wilson sent you.

To Be Continued...
TL;DR

That last bit was good though.

Crucible
Champion

Spoiler:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
Spoiler:

Diary of Arianna Brewer
Published in 109 PA
Watchtower, Ga

To Be Continued...
TL;DR

Its okay, I am writing it on word pad and giving you guys what I have. I'm actuyally using the story and all of this to make apersonal sourcebook for myself.

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

...whow.....serious good stuff goin' on here..... 8)

"All I ask of my Deity is Unconditional Love and Close Air Support On Demand"---The Cassini Division
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Crucible wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Diary of Arianna Brewer
Published in 109 PA
Watchtower, Ga

To Be Continued...
TL;DR

Its okay, I am writing it on word pad and giving you guys what I have. I'm actuyally using the story and all of this to make apersonal sourcebook for myself.

After getting some sleep, I have decided that it is not TL and indeed, quite good.

Crucible
Champion

Thanks ZtE! It means a lot that you read it and even more that you like it. I'm working on more for tonight.

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

I'm just waiting for the magic :p
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Natasha wrote:I'm just waiting for the magic :p

First I was liek :x but then I :lol:

Crucible
Champion

You are going to be disappointed. ;)

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Crucible wrote:

This O.C.C. is going to suck. :twisted:

just busting your chops man, get back to writing :)
Crucible
Champion

Natasha wrote:
Crucible wrote:

This O.C.C. is going to suck. :twisted:

just busting your chops man, get back to writing :)

Thanks, I will. :D

Crucible
Champion

You know, in working all of this out I have been reading Dinosaur Swamp and I have seen some awesome specifics. This is definately going to become my first true personal sourcebook for a particular group. It mixes in some other things and I'm sure that I'm going to catch some flak, but its my own vision and to tell the truth its really a lot of fun.

I hope that if nothing else it will just show that Palladium fans are the best at coming up with their own ideas. Its easy for me to just come up with an OCC and explain it away, but it works so much better from the eyes of a fictional chracter.

Part II will be up tonight.

Crucible
Champion

Part II

When we left the small, unnamed town, there were around four-hundred civilians, fifty security specialists from Helmston, and a handful of moderately armed men and women. The only one's who were actually combat ready were Mako, Ellison, May, and surprisingly Bud who had held his own quite a few times. Most of the people who helped to evacuate Helmston were hired help and only for the evacuation. We were in far more danger than I had known. This became evident after just two weeks of leaving the small town and getting a map. Whether it was the slow movement of our caravan, the lack of any real protection, or as Bud would say,"...a really bad idea." Our numbers weakened fast. Very fast. It wasn't long before I began to long for the Burbs and the dangers of overzealous CS troops.

We ran into a problem before leaving the town. The two and a half ton trucks could hold a driver and three passengers in the front. while nearly thirty had to squeeze into the back, there were five of these so of it was figured that about one hundred and fifty people would be in the big trucks. Then we had another truck of some sort that could hold a driver and three in the front, but then the food in the back. There were about seven pick-ups with four in the front and about ten to twelve crushed into the back. That would make more than half of our people accounted for, but most had to walk. The slow movement made it perfect, and most were armed in some way. This wasn't saying much. Believe me. We were moving through very dangerous territory and keeping up a lot of noise, this worried me more and more as I noticed more and more strange movement. I really wanted to panic, but I didn't have time to say anything.

It was an explosion. Then another one. I was sitting in between Mako, Mom, and Dad. Kyle was in the back of the truck with the others from Helmston. I don't know if the screams or the blasts came first, but I tried to see from the sideview mirrors. I could see the explosion clouds and bursts of flames, but I couldn't make out who was who. Mako screamed out, "We gotta stop! Gotta fight Nick! We gotta fight!" Dad kept shouting, "Keep going! Go faster!" Mako stopped the vehicle and said, "We are riding at a fast stop anyways man! We gotta put the problem back in its place!"

Mako pulled out an old Deadboy rifle and yelled for everyone who was armed to fight back. It didn't take long to realize that we were being ambushed by raiders. What kind, who, or what? I will never be sure of that. I will always be sure of what I saw though. Men, women, and children being blown in half, burned to ash, and losing limbs. Security specialists running away while non armored pick up trucks incinerated and caused even more casualties. I was so afraid that I wanted to get out of the armored truck, but Bud came to where I was and handed me a rifle. He said, "Stay where you are protected and shoot that way!" Pointing towards dark woods in the late day I did what I could. Trees fell, screams of pain and terror, explosions, and curses all filled the air. It was Hell!

It took a while before I realized that I was alone it the truck. I saw Kyle, my older brother, fighting hard. The CS would really miss ever having him. He fought better than five security specialists. As fast as the ambush started, the fighting ended. I heard my dad yell out my mother's name. My brother was right behind him walking towards a slightly damages two and a half. "Oh God. Mom...no." I heard the sabs and looked out of the sideview. Mako put his arm around my brother and Bud was holding my father back as he slipped into a violent outburst. Screaming, cursing, and crying. I finally got out of the truck. May ran to me saying, "No sweetie, please go back into the truck." I was in shock. The bodies, the smell, the dimming flames, the deaths. Now I knew why people would risk crouding into the Burbs instead of attempting to settle down in the wild. Nothing prepared me for what I saw next. My mother. I won't describe what I saw as it may be far too graphic, but only her top half could be found. The rifle in her hand had to be pried away and in her other arm was a still living, breathing, weeks old human baby.

Bud yelled at my father, "Look! Look! She died a hero. A HERO! You disgrace her name you slicker! This is why it was a bad idea! He looked at Kyle, then me. He threw my father down to the ground. He took off his hat and looked at everyone else. All of them were disoriented, crying, or in pain from their injuries. "SHUT UP!!" Was Bud's cry. "None of you have ever seen the reality of this world! I have! I have been in countless mercenary groups, trekked all across the NA, and I have seen worse than this. WORSE! Almost never have I seen this much ridiculousness. Open up your eyes folks because this is what its all about. You try. You put on your big boy pants and you damned try your hardest and in the midst of all the B.S. one hero is born and then dies like this woman right here, it was all worth it just to have seen true heroism! Swallow your anger and stad with pride...just for what I see right here, it was all worth it." Bud wiped his tears and started towards his truck. My dad stopped him and said something. They embraced for a short moment, while my brother covered my mom with his coat. I could not cry. It would be nearly two years before I did. Mako gave a sharp whistle and called out, "Head count!" May yelled out to whoever could hear her, "I found Ellison! Well, some of him." Dad walked to Kyle who was crouched over mom. Kyle looked at my dad and me. He stood slowly with a rifle still in his hands. His grip was so tight that his knuckles had turned white. He said to me, "I'm so sorry. I didn't see her. Dad, I just didn't see her." My dad tried to console him, but Kyle took a step backwards and said. "Next time, I'll be ready."

After piling up the remains and burning them, we had to wait for May, Bud, and Mako to put the fire out. Kyle had wondered why and they told him that it was to keep innocent creatures and maybe even people from being harmed. I was less interested in that conversation and even more in the thought of the head count. Only three security specialists were left, and around one hundred civilians. We salvaged what weapons we could, but there were no pick ups and the resource truck was completely destroyed. Mako and Dad were even discussing that they had lost the map.

After assessing the damages, we found that only three trucks would run and that we would just have to smash everyone together. We stopped more often to stay fresh and everyone really was on edge. There was no food and no real time to hunt. Water was low and some of the children and older people had fallen ill. Dad did the best he could during the stops in order to treat people with what we had, but in two more weeks our numbers were cut in half.

To Be Continued

Crucible
Champion

OrchestralDarkness wrote:
Crucible wrote:Part II

Heya, Crucible! Really enjoying the read so far and looking forward to seeing more, and to seeing the O.C.C.s that you come up with for Ministers. I've been sort of wanting to play a Frontier Minister in New West, but the Preacher class in there just didn't work for me at all.

I don't know if it's been addressed upthread at all, as I may well have missed it, but you did mention something about the different orders and classes and ranks of Ministers (I may well be using the wrong terms here), and I was curious as to how you're coming at this? Are you going to be basing these O.C.C.s on a particular "flavour" of Christianity (ie: CoE, RC?), or are they meant to be more generalised than that?

Also, once they're out, would you be offended if my game group and I used the O.C.C.s to help us set up a more realistic faith system that's not based in Christianity, or would you prefer that they be used specific to Christianity? (I know that we'll be in private and we're not planning on writing up and distributing anything, but in deference we would prefer to have your permission.)

Actually I'm writing it up for my own use and copy and pasting for you guys. Its Rifts man, use whatever however. Totally cool.

Crucible
Champion

Part III

Its had been six weeks and we were still nowhere. I missed the Burbs, fear of the CS, but most of all I missed Mom. We had been through a lot by then. First raiders, then illness, being tracked by raptors, and human eating plants. It was now just Dad, Kyle, May, Bud, Mako, about thirty civilians, and a securoty specialist named Gerrard. We were down to two trucks, starved out, and exhausted. To make things worse we were out of ammo and the three trucks that we had left were falling apart. Every stop we made, Bud would try and repair things as much as possible. I can still remember that night so well. Bud was driving lead with Dad, I was with Mako and Kyle, and behind us was May and Gerrard who had struck a "friendship" with one another. Bud stopped his truck and got out. We all stopped after that. Everyone was getting out of the trucks and asking what was going on. Bud was shaking his head and waving his hands and saying, "Thats it. Thats all guys. We don't have enough anything to continue. No map, no idea, no progress. What is it all for at this point? More than four hundred dead. We are in the dinosaur territories and its taken us six weeks just to get here. Ride slow, ride fast, don't ride at all." May hadn't always voiced her opinion. She usually took a back seat until the action started, then she would become a monster herself. Now her emotions were taking over, she would not be silent anymore.

"No." she said with authority and a firmness that spoke volumes. It was as if with one word she had made it known that she would continue without any of us. Bud dropped his head and said, "I don't know where we are." Dad walked out and looked around the area. He tapped Mako on the shoulder, "Look it that." My father was pointing to something in the distance. I'm not sure about the others but I was afraid of what I'd see. It was a tower, or something like that. Kyle looked over at Dad and asked in a very soft voice, "Is that it? The watchtower?" Dad shook his head, "I don't know. We have to find out, its our last shot."

We all piled in to our trucks and headed to the tower. As the night drew on, the place seemed almost invisible through the jungle-forests. I was riding with Mako and Dad this time and Kyle was with Bud. Mako said to my father, "You know what? Its very quiet. I've seen a few animals, but nothing magical or supernatural." My dad looked at Mako and replied, "Is that bad or good?"

It wasn't much longer before we made it to a clearing. We could see a long stretch of low-cut grasslands ahead of us. In the center of the whole clearing was a mega structure. Not anywhere near the size of Chi-Town, but huge no less. Beautiful rung a bell. So very beautiful. A massive moat, water springing from the sides of the building, motion activated spotlights, but the most beautiful things were the black crosses on the sides of the structure. We all stopped our trucks side by side when the lights shined on us. There was no more reason to try anything at all. It these were enemies, then they had us dead to rights. We all got out and started walking towards the place, no one was without fear. Everyone was whispering about random fears, but what else were we to do?

As we got closer to the moat I could see the outline of a door of some kind. My wind wandered wondering what was inside. My knees shook and I was dizzy with hunger and thirst. I could only think. "What are we getting ourselves into?"

Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

WOW, awsome story telling Crucible... I loved it. I've never really given much thought into this subject matter till just a Little past whatcha saw me write... This is awesome stuff. I loover it so far and haven't read part two as I just now got done with part one, but I can't wait.

Sorry I haven't posted much these last few days but, an old injury to my (Owch) right hand seems to get worse in (ouch again) in extream Temps, that's something I never knew and it (Combined with no sleep and heat exaustion) have made me unable to come to the forums the last 4 days. I'd figured the thing with my wrist only happened in Winter cuz of the cold, didn't know heat would do the same since Washington hasn't had Normal summers since the end of the 80's when all of a sudden we had 10 years of strait grey skies and Rain!

It's taken me a few days to get used to the heat so, sorry I didn't read it sooner.

Thank you fer posting this awesome Fic. and I hope that everyone starts doing this more often as my favorite Fan Fic site (nprime.net) has dried up a bit. Talk soon
Steeler49er.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Crucible
Champion

Steeler49er wrote:WOW, awsome story telling Crucible... I loved it. I've never really given much thought into this subject matter till just a Little past whatcha saw me write... This is awesome stuff. I loover it so far and haven't read part two as I just now got done with part one, but I can't wait.

Sorry I haven't posted much these last few days but, an old injury to my (Owch) right hand seems to get worse in (ouch again) in extream Temps, that's something I never knew and it (Combined with no sleep and heat exaustion) have made me unable to come to the forums the last 4 days. I'd figured the thing with my wrist only happened in Winter cuz of the cold, didn't know heat would do the same since Washington hasn't had Normal summers since the end of the 80's when all of a sudden we had 10 years of strait grey skies and Rain!

It's taken me a few days to get used to the heat so, sorry I didn't read it sooner.

Thank you fer posting this awesome Fic. and I hope that everyone starts doing this more often as my favorite Fan Fic site (nprime.net) has dried up a bit. Talk soon
Steeler49er.
I'm glad you like it man. There is a reason for the loooong story, but no twist. You'll see.

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Crucible wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:WOW, awsome story telling Crucible... I loved it. I've never really given much thought into this subject matter till just a Little past whatcha saw me write... This is awesome stuff. I loover it so far and haven't read part two as I just now got done with part one, but I can't wait.

Steeler49er.
I'm glad you like it man. There is a reason for the loooong story, but no twist. You'll see.

I'm a big reader, i read alot, from different sources, and well, in volume. I got to say, this is pretty good stuff, I dont know what a writer might say about it, but as a reader, I'd say you could publish this with just a little polish.

Crucible
Champion

Crucible wrote:

Steeler49er.

I'm a big reader, i read alot, from different sources, and well, in volume. I got to say, this is pretty good stuff, I dont know what a writer might say about it, but as a reader, I'd say you could publish this with just a little polish.
Really a lot of polish. I am just enjoying writing this stuff here. I went to Edenstudios for years and never wrote anything there. I love Palladium and can't seem to help, but make an OCC or write something. Its the love really. Thanks man, I'm glad you're even reading it. Tickled that you are enjoying it.

Crucible
Champion

Part IV

We weren't out there for long before light sprang from the creases of the "door". It came down slowly and had an extension sliding from its top piece for it to cross the moat completely. The light only became more brilliant to my eyes when the door bridge finally settled. We approached the the "bridge" very slowly before three figures started out of the door. They walked in a near military cadence, but more casually. The thing that struck me the most was that they were all wearing black armors, almost like the Deadboys, but with no helmet. In the center of their black armors you could make out a slightly raised cross and at the neck was a minister's tab. "A minister's tab on an armor" Bud said in a dull whisper. My father looked over to Bud and said, "Fascinating." May seemed a little more nervous than those two or my brother who just stood silently. The security specialist just stared in awe of them.

The one in the middle had fire in his eyes that spoke volumes of both warmth and intesity. He smiled with sincerity and care. He was a sharply shaven brown skinned man with a bald head and goatee. Even with his armor you could tell that he was a powerfully built man, maybe in his early thirties. The man to his right was an older man with salt and pepper, but mostly salt hair. His eyes were bright blue and also gentle. He only gave individual smiles. His clinched his book, rather Bible as though it was a weapon on its own. The man to his left was younger and pretty tall. He had very dark hair and hazel eyes, he seemed more uncomfortable and had a shyness about him. Before saying a word they looked us over and seemed to wait. That was until my father spoke, "Rev. Peter Wilson sent us?"

The brown skinned man in the middle began to chuckle and the two others snickered as well. The man in the center said, "I am Rev. Carl Williams." He put out his hand and shook hands with all of us in front, the others, the civilians saw that it was a good moment and started advancing. Rev. Williams itroduced the other two men as Father Hugh Daniels and the younger on as Deacon Michael Plackett. I'll never rforget his words, "I'm the Pastor here, for now. Until God chooses another. All titles mean is that we are all Ministers. Some go as far as to call us the Knights of the Black Cross." My father nearly stepped on his own tongue. "The Black Cross? I thought you guys didn't exists!" Father Daniels replied, "Well technically son, we don't." Deacon Plackett was still a little nervous, "Guys, we came unarmed. Do you think we can move this inside and explain it all there?"

The inside of the fortress was amazingly beautiful. Like a world inside of a world. The roads were all cobblestone and instead of a roof, it was opened. The outside fortress look was actually huge walls. In the center was a temple with a watchtower built in the center. The place had to be some ten thousand to fifteen thousand acres in size. There was nice turf grass and actual townhomes and small cottages all around. Everywhere I looked was sheer beauty. There were quite a few families walking around and more than a few men and women wearing the "clergy" armors. Rev. Williams assured us that the holy men were not law enforcement, that was something that they had. The ministers were instead the guardians of Watchtower, Georgia. He told us that we'd come to understand everything fully, but right now we had to get our starter rations and homeowners paperwork. We would also be signed up for jobs and us children registered for school. My father stopped walking, as did everyone else. "What is all of this Rev. Williams? Jobs, homes, rations?" Rev. Williams replied, "We live under a consecration law. Everyone works and does their part and they are guaranteed a home, job, education, healthcare. Mr. Brewer, I hear that you were something of a "rogue scholar" back in the Chi-Town Burbs." My father smiled at the term and said, "Something like that. Willie told you?" Rev. Williams smiled as he nudged us to follow him to the temple, "Yes he did. We could use another teacher Mr. Brewer. Unlike our CS grandchildren, we care for education."

While in the temple looking over paperwork and dead tired, my father stopped and rubbed his face in frustration. "Goodness man! My hands won't stop shaking." He took off his glasses and looked across the table to Rev. Williams. There were a lot of these men and women in armors or clergy style uniforms. The women who were not in armors, were wearing cream colored skirt suits. The armors were different in that the ladies wore a metallic gray armor with a black cross still at the center. They were all volunteers staying up to help indoctrinate us all. My father then said, "You said something about being the CS being your grandchildren. What do you mean?" Rev. Williams took my father's application and stamped the top with bold red ink saying "approved". He looked at my father and said. "We never lost our history. Better yet, this watchtower is just one of many that were repopulated and built back up. It was formerly Fort Silver Falcon Georgia. A NEMA base." My father's jaw dropped completely. Rev. Williams said, "When you're ready, I'll tell you the rest. Your new house for your family is located at 412 Barnes Ave. Its in the educator's district. There will be more like yourself." He pulled out a carry on bag with some books in it, "This bag has everything you need, a Bible, Watchtower Guidebook, and the history of our clan. We are not very open, but we are tolerant and accepting. I hope that you have brought everything with you, because going back out is not as easy as it seems."

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Steeler49er wrote:Yeah, I'll admit, I perfered the "Spirits of Light" name cuz (as I noted above) I knida neverfelt like PB should have Christianity or Islam in it cuz the two did have staying power in lu of the blatant existance of other religions... Like what Rallan said.

Hey you're putting words in my mouth there. I didn't ask my question because I think christianity wouldn't exist in Rifts Earth, I wasked it because I think christianity would be radically different in Rifts Earth. The world's biggest religion isn't necessarily gonna vanish just because of a few centuries of chaos, it's more likely to just adapt and change along with the worldview of its practitioners.

And change in rather a lot of ways. Without global transport or reliable global communication, there's gonna be an awful lot of room for christian communities (and communities of other faiths for that matter) to diverge and go off down their own paths. I mean hell, we live in a world where you don't have to worry about being eaten by dragons just to travel a few hundred miles, and we've already got a zillion sects (current and extinct) of protestant christianity, orthodox christianity, heretical catholic sects, gnosticism, and a plethora of entirely different religions which recognise Biblical characters or Biblical books as sacred. By all rights, the major religions of 21st century Earth should've given rise a staggering variety of very interesting descendants in Rifts.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Rallan wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:Yeah, I'll admit, I perfered the "Spirits of Light" name cuz (as I noted above) I knida neverfelt like PB should have Christianity or Islam in it cuz the two did have staying power in lu of the blatant existance of other religions... Like what Rallan said.

Hey you're putting words in my mouth there. I didn't ask my question because I think christianity wouldn't exist in Rifts Earth, I wasked it because I think christianity would be radically different in Rifts Earth. The world's biggest religion isn't necessarily gonna vanish just because of a few centuries of chaos, it's more likely to just adapt and change along with the worldview of its practitioners.

And change in rather a lot of ways. Without global transport or reliable global communication, there's gonna be an awful lot of room for christian communities (and communities of other faiths for that matter) to diverge and go off down their own paths. I mean hell, we live in a world where you don't have to worry about being eaten by dragons just to travel a few hundred miles, and we've already got a zillion sects (current and extinct) of protestant christianity, orthodox christianity, heretical catholic sects, gnosticism, and a plethora of entirely different religions which recognise Biblical characters or Biblical books as sacred. By all rights, the major religions of 21st century Earth should've given rise a staggering variety of very interesting descendants in Rifts.

We also have christians that aren't christians, like the Church of Christian Scientists.

Crucible
Champion

Rallan wrote:

We also have christians that aren't christians, like the Church of Christian Scientists.
For me a Christian is someone who not only acknowledges Christ, but who too treats others as Christ would treat them. Christ is forgiving and also protective. I live my life working hard on my weaknesses andpraying not to get too caught up in my strengths.

Can anyone tell me why my quote screen seems to jump wheneer I type. Its very annoying and causes unneccessary mistakes.

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Crucible wrote:Can anyone tell me why my quote screen seems to jump wheneer I type. Its very annoying and causes unneccessary mistakes.

You'll have to be more specific about the situation. Sounds like your web browser is freaking out though.
Crucible
Champion

Natasha wrote:
Crucible wrote:Can anyone tell me why my quote screen seems to jump wheneer I type. Its very annoying and causes unneccessary mistakes.

You'll have to be more specific about the situation. Sounds like your web browser is freaking out though.

No its just here whenever I quote someone. It doesn't show me what I'm typing when its far down.

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Crucible wrote:
Natasha wrote:

No its just here whenever I quote someone. It doesn't show me what I'm typing when its far down.

And you're missing a scrollbar?
What browser are you using? Have you tried this with other browsers?
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Crucible wrote:
Natasha wrote:

I get that sometimes too, its the devil...or your browser like Natasha said. You know, whichever.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i used to get it a lot myself. then i stopped making long posts in the reply section... if i want to make a long post, i do it externally and c/p now =P

not sure what causes it, but compatibility button in IE didn't seem to fix it (and also unwrites whatever you wrote before you tried it, should you feel tempted to do something foolish as i was)
Crucible
Champion

Thanks guys. Not sure what browser. I'm a non computer savvy minister...lol.

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Crucible wrote:Thanks guys. Not sure what browser. I'm a non computer savvy minister...lol.

It says which one at the far top to the left in the same bar that has the buttons for minimising and closing the application.
It probably starts with "Forums of the Megaverse"...
Also if you see a "Help" menu button you can go there and then on to "About" to learn more details about the browser and its version.
Crucible
Champion

Natasha wrote:
Crucible wrote:Thanks guys. Not sure what browser. I'm a non computer savvy minister...lol.

It says which one at the far top to the left in the same bar that has the buttons for minimising and closing the application.
It probably starts with "Forums of the Megaverse"...
Also if you see a "Help" menu button you can go there and then on to "About" to learn more details about the browser and its version.

LOL!!! Thats what you meant. Internet Explorer provided by Dell.

Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Yea if Shark_Force putting Internet Exploder in compat mode didn't help, then you may want to go the copy/paste route, too....

Return to “Rifts®”