QUASI-LEGAL Munchkinism! (or, scaring the Pants off your GM)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Mindcrime wrote:Since when do Dominators get to choose an OCC?
In this contest, remember??

There's a REASON that I said "Quasi-Legal" in the Title of this Thread.

Essentially, you pick two or More Creatures and make a "legal" hybrid of them.

For example, my Dominator gets to choose a Harvester O.C.C., but he CANNOT choose a Cosmo-Knight because the Dominator is LIMITED to Evil Alignments. Likewise, I could have a Repentant Corrupt/Apok (nothing says that you'd actually lose your Corrupt Powers when becoming an Apok) or a 2nd Stager Promethean/Warrior of Vanguard, as unlikely that would be (unless my Promethean was a Practitioner of Magic), but NOT a 1st or 2nd Stager Promethean/Harvester because Harvesters cannot be Psychics and all Prometheans are (and believe you me, this was the FIRST Choice that I wanted for a Combo -a 1st Stage Promthean/Harvester because Harvesters get some of the SDC of their victims).

Remember: ANYTHING you can smoosh together, as long as the Requirements for the O.C.Cs, and the Rules set down in the beginning of the Thread, are met.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
Danger wrote:Talus BioFreak Cosmo Knight. :D

I'm pretty sure that the transformation does away with your super powers. :-(
Agreed.

Cosmo-Knight wipes clean what you were before.

And since you were essentially "born" as a Bio-Freak (it has to be the FIRST one in your Combo because Cosmo-Knights CANNOT be altered by mere Genetic Manipulation, as is the case with most Supernatural Powered Beings), you've just lost ALL of it to become a Cosmo-Knight.

Depending on the situation, you can sometimes ADD Abilities to your Cosmos-Knight, but you can't KEEP whatever it is you were.........

Where does it say that you would lose your prior Super Powers to the Cosmic Forge?
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Danger wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:

Agreed.

And since you were essentially "born" as a Bio-Freak (it has to be the FIRST one in your Combo because Cosmo-Knights CANNOT be altered by mere Genetic Manipulation, as is the case with most Supernatural Powered Beings), you've just lost ALL of it to become a Cosmo-Knight.

Depending on the situation, you can sometimes ADD Abilities to your Cosmos-Knight, but you can't KEEP whatever it is you were.........

Where does it say that you would lose your prior Super Powers to the Cosmic Forge?
Rifts: Phase World, page 102, Paragraph titled 'O.C.C. Skills:'

"When the Character is transformed, the skills of his past life are lost and the character is reborn."

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

If you want to play it THAT way, then I'll roll up an Alien Intelligence as per the guidelines in CB1 and add the OCCs Mystic Knight and Temporal Warrior

1. I know ALL spells up to lvl 15
2. I have 24,000 PPE
3. I have ALL psionic Powers
4. I have 6,000 ISP
5. I can summon hordes of Demons
6. I have 23 melee, psionic, AND SPELL attacks per round.
7. If I do manage to get in over my head, I can teleport 1d6x100 miles away
8. Oh, and I have 120,000 MDC

:demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:If you want to play it THAT way, then I'll roll up an Alien Intelligence as per the guidelines in CB1 and add the OCCs Mystic Knight and Temporal Warrior

2. I have 24,000 PPE
4. I have 6,000 ISP

You'll give my Dominator/Harvester a good whuppin'........MAYBE........but that Scarecrow/Mystic Knight's probably STILL gonna give ya fits.......

BTW, I'm pretty sure that you CANNOT cast more than 3-4 Magic Spells per Round, no matter WHO you are. Not even Odin.

..and where is the Alien Intelligence Creation Table (I have Rifts: Conversion Book 1, Revised)

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:If you want to play it THAT way, then I'll roll up an Alien Intelligence as per the guidelines in CB1 and add the OCCs Mystic Knight and Temporal Warrior

2. I have 24,000 PPE
4. I have 6,000 ISP

You'll give my Dominator/Harvester a good whuppin'........MAYBE........but that Scarecrow/Mystic Knight's probably STILL gonna give ya fits.......

It would be a minor annoyance at best.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that you CANNOT cast more than 3-4 Magic Spells per Round, no matter WHO you are. Not even Odin.

Under 'Combat' it lists how many attacks they have and then says "have as many by means of magic" :demon:

..and where is the Alien Intelligence Creation Table (I have Rifts: Conversion Book 1, Revised)

Pages 204-206
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

2. I have 24,000 PPE
4. I have 6,000 ISP

It would be a minor annoyance at best.

Under 'Combat' it lists how many attacks they have and then says "have as many by means of magic" :demon:

Pages 204-206
You must have the Non-Revised Book. My Revised CB1 doesn't even have 204-206 pages, period.........

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Re: Revision

Kestrel wrote:Cornholioprime asked:
..and where is the Alien Intelligence Creation Table

You can either thumb through the original, unrevised conversion book; or purchase dark conversions (for the "revisions" overflow); or purchase Dragons and Gods for Palladium for the SDC statistics.

Alien Intelligences do tend to break the rules for how many magic spells one can cast per melee. It is their job to be scary. Thus, adding Dominators and Alien Intelligences, or ancient dragons, or any other "not recommended as PC" races and/or OCCs should not be considered. Cosmo-knight is legal, Dominators are not; therefore, no Dominator cosmo-knights. Otherwise, everyone would base things off of the Alien Intelligence, and that could become quite dull.
Just as long as you're aware that we're breaking the Rules in some cases, and allowing them in others. All in the name of good, clean, dirty fun.

Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen. A question for you.

Should we drop the Alien Intelligence as a Munchkin Hybrid Candidate??

('cause if you don't then I'm gonna roll up whatever 4-D 'species' Zurvan belongs to -he is NOT one of a kind like, say, Nxla (Rifts: Psyscape) or the Dweller Beneath (Rifts: Phase World Sourcebook) -and make him a combo [whatver-he-is] and Mystic Knight. Imagine that: an Energy Being (most of the time) that is Impervious to Energy...) :D

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:

Alien Intelligences and dominators both, as well as every other megapowerful creature that can't legally select an occ.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Alien Intelligences and dominators both, as well as every other megapowerful creature that can't legally select an occ.
What spefically stops a Dominator from selecting an O.C.C.???

Or in my case, what stops a Dominatioor from offering his Services to Nxla???? Quite possible in my view.

Unlikely, but possible....

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Or in my case, what stops a Dominatioor from offering his Services to Nxla???? Quite possible in my view.

If they could select an OCC, then it would say so. :roll:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

If they could select an OCC, then it would say so. :roll:
Don't be too sure. I've very rarely seen ANY Character that says "it can take an O.C.C."

Usually, you just see an entry to the effect of "O.C.C. Restrictions." or "any O.C.C. except..."

For example, the Cosmo-Knight doesn't have the Phrase "Can select an O.C.C......." but presumably, he can......

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
Don't be too sure. I've very rarely seen ANY Character that says "it can take an O.C.C."

And most can't do so legally.

Usually, you just see an entry to the effect of "O.C.C. Restrictions." or "any O.C.C. except..."

This means that they can select OCCs. There is no such note in the description of the Dominator.

For example, the Cosmo-Knight doesn't have the Phrase "Can select an O.C.C......." but presumably, he can......

Since when?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

And most can't do so legally.

This means that they can select OCCs. There is no such note in the description of the Dominator.

Since when?
Let's put it another way so as to lessen confusion.

Where is it said, in Canon, either of the following:

If you don't have an affirmative phrase in your RCC Description that says that you can take an OCC, then you can't;

or

Any Phrase that says that R.C.Cs can't take OCC Skills.

Not to raise a Side Debate, but I REALLY haven't seen such a Statement either way.

As yet another example, the Machine People (Rifts: Phase World) has neither O.C.C. allowances nor restrictions (except for Magic/Psionics, obviously; no P.P.E./I.S.P.), yet has taken the equivalent of almost every O.C.C. in their centuries-long existence and colonization of new worlds.......

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:Let's put it another way so as to lessen confusion.

Where is it said, in Canon, either of the following:

If you don't have an affirmative phrase in your RCC Description that says that you can take an OCC, then you can't;

or

Any Phrase that says that R.C.Cs can't take OCC Skills.

RCCs with skills that don't specifically say that they can take OCCs can't.

As yet another example, the Machine People (Rifts: Phase World) has neither O.C.C. allowances nor restrictions (except for Magic/Psionics, obviously; no P.P.E./I.S.P.), yet has taken the equivalent of almost every O.C.C. in their centuries-long existence and colonization of new worlds.......

Where does it say this? pg#?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:RCCs with skills that don't specifically say that they can take OCCs can't.
C'mon, humor me. What Book is this in?? Leafed thorugh both Rifts and Rifts: Conversion Book 1; didn't see it in either one.

I mean, what stops a Chian-Ku Dragon from becoming a Warrior monk. Never seen a Canon reference stating why.

Where does it say this? pg#?[/quote]Not specifically in their OCC Attributes Description, but their flavor Text says that they've been Traders, Colonizers, Combatants, Warriors, etc. Again, I don't see any Canon reason that stops Machine People, or any other R.C.C., from taking other O.C.Cs (that don't demand Ability/Alignment X) in the first place.....

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:RCCs with skills that don't specifically say that they can take OCCs can't.
C'mon, humor me. What Book is this in?? Leafed thorugh both Rifts and Rifts: Conversion Book 1; didn't see it in either one.

It's not said anywhere. Think about it logically.... Why would some RCCs have it in their description that they can become certain OCCs while others do not?

I mean, what stops a Chian-Ku Dragon from becoming a Warrior monk. Never seen a Canon reference stating why.

I'm pretty sure that it says in their description that they can only choose to become a tatoo master or a practitioner of magic.

Not specifically in their OCC Attributes Description, but their flavor Text says that they've been Traders, Colonizers, Combatants, Warriors, etc. Again, I don't see any Canon reason that stops Machine People, or any other R.C.C., from taking other O.C.Cs (that don't demand Ability/Alignment X) in the first place.....

They have a nice skill list and could fill any of those roles with their skill choices.

Perhaps we should take this into another thread?
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

cornholioprime wrote:
Danger wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:

Agreed.

Rifts: Phase World, page 102, Paragraph titled 'O.C.C. Skills:'

"When the Character is transformed, the skills of his past life are lost and the character is reborn."

Super Powers aren't skills, so you wouldn't lose them. Just like it states, it's referring to O.C.C. skills & abilities. Scrapers abilities are R.C.C. abilities, and the Cosmic Forge doesn't alter your race. The Biofreak can take an O.C.C., and if they had, it would be erased. But it wouldn't alter their R.C.C. abilities, Super Powers included.
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

It's not said anywhere. Think about it logically.... Why would some RCCs have it in their description that they can become certain OCCs while others do not?

I'm pretty sure that it says in their description that they can only choose to become a tatoo master or a practitioner of magic.

Not specifically in their OCC Attributes Description, but their flavor Text says that they've been Traders, Colonizers, Combatants, Warriors, etc. Again, I don't see any Canon reason that stops Machine People, or any other R.C.C., from taking other O.C.Cs (that don't demand Ability/Alignment X) in the first place.....

They have a nice skill list and could fill any of those roles with their skill choices.

That WOULD be a good idea.

Something like, "Who says R.C.C.s cant take Different O.C.Cs??" or "Can ANY R.C.C. take almost ANY O.C.C.?"

I'm starting to think that this is yet another Rifts "Urban Legend" that took on a life of its own..........

In fact, to me it seems as if the Longer Lived/More Intelligent you are, the more likely it is for you to take on even MORE O.C.Cs than you could if you were a "mere" Human or other short-lived Race/Species -unless, of course, you have Specific Text or Attributes that prevent you from taking on certain O.C.C.s (No Wooly Dragons or hundred Handed taking over Desmond Bradford's Job, please)........... :-P

Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

cornholioprime wrote:
Kestrel wrote:Cornholioprime asked:
..and where is the Alien Intelligence Creation Table

You can either thumb through the original, unrevised conversion book; or purchase dark conversions (for the "revisions" overflow); or purchase Dragons and Gods for Palladium for the SDC statistics.

Alien Intelligences do tend to break the rules for how many magic spells one can cast per melee. It is their job to be scary. Thus, adding Dominators and Alien Intelligences, or ancient dragons, or any other "not recommended as PC" races and/or OCCs should not be considered. Cosmo-knight is legal, Dominators are not; therefore, no Dominator cosmo-knights. Otherwise, everyone would base things off of the Alien Intelligence, and that could become quite dull.
Just as long as you're aware that we're breaking the Rules in some cases, and allowing them in others. All in the name of good, clean, dirty fun.

Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen. A question for you.

('cause if you don't then I'm gonna roll up whatever 4-D 'species' Zurvan belongs to -he is NOT one of a kind like, say, Nxla (Rifts: Psyscape) or the Dweller Beneath (Rifts: Phase World Sourcebook) -and make him a combo [whatver-he-is] and Mystic Knight. Imagine that: an Energy Being (most of the time) that is Impervious to Energy...) :D

It was my impression we were talking possible PC combinations. NPCs should be out. Alien Intelligences included.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

That WOULD be a good idea.

Something like, "Who says R.C.C.s cant take Different O.C.Cs??" or "Can ANY R.C.C. take almost ANY O.C.C.?"

I'm starting to think that this is yet another Rifts "Urban Legend" that took on a life of its own..........

In fact, to me it seems as if the Longer Lived/More Intelligent you are, the more likely it is for you to take on even MORE O.C.Cs than you could if you were a "mere" Human or other short-lived Race/Species -unless, of course, you have Specific Text or Attributes that prevent you from taking on certain O.C.C.s (No Wooly Dragons or hundred Handed taking over Desmond Bradford's Job, please)........... :-P

In my experience, it states within the R.C.C. that they can take an O.C.C. Demigod, Talus, Biofreak. All these state specifically that they can take an O.C.C. Many others are the same.

I'd say, with that in mind, that if it doesn't specifically say you can or unless a specific O.C.C. says a certain Race can take that O.C.C., then they cannot choose an O.C.C.

If there is evidence otherwise, I'd love to read it. Book & Page number as always please.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Which is why that argument has moved to a different post.

Post on! :D
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Malignor wrote:Somehow I knew this would turn into an argument that doesn't really progress the original challenge.
2464 Posts to these Forums and you don't realize that this is what USUALLY happens when you open a new Thread?!?!?

To me, it's one of the things that make this Forum so damned interesting.

Really.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Danger wrote:Which is why that argument has moved to a different post.

And with that thought, I'm sticking to my Dominator/Harvester Munchkin Hybrid until I see SPECIFIC Canon Statements that tell me this is not possible........

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:

And with that thought, I'm sticking to my Dominator/Harvester Munchkin Hybrid until I see SPECIFIC Canon Statements that tell me this is not possible........

By that logic Godlings can select an OCC. :roll:
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Not unless it specifically says they can.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

cornholioprime wrote:

I'm assuming that the Dominator is an R.C.C.? And it doesn't say they can take an O.C.C. in their R.C.C. description? Nor do any O.C.C.s state that the Dominator can select them?

That means it's not possible.

If it were otherwise, it would say so.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

my Power Leech/Bio Freak Scrayper pretty much beats up even on mr Dominator Harvester. YEAH I DARE YOU to FIRE YOUR NOVA PISTOL OR CAST ANNIHILATE OR SPHERE OF ANNIHILATION AT ME!.
While you're at it, Fire your Reflex Cannons at me too.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Don't such Creatures as Thraxus ([i]Rifts: Phase World[/i]), Iridna (Rifts: South America), and Dionna ([i]Rifts: Splynn Dimensional Market[/i]) have OCCs as it is???

And this is just off the top of my head. Who knows how many other Godlings with O.C.Cs there are in the pages of Rifts???

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Danger wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Not unless it specifically says they can.

It doesn't, that was my point.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Don't such Creatures as Thraxus ([i]Rifts: Phase World[/i]), Iridna (Rifts: South America), and Dionna ([i]Rifts: Splynn Dimensional Market[/i]) have OCCs as it is???

And this is just off the top of my head. Who knows how many other Godlings with O.C.Cs there are in the pages of Rifts???

I don't know about the others, but Thraxus at least is a Godling and nothing more.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Danger wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

I'm assuming that the Dominator is an R.C.C.? And it doesn't say they can take an O.C.C. in their R.C.C. description? Nor do any O.C.C.s state that the Dominator can select them?

That means it's not possible.

If it were otherwise, it would say so.
Uh, Danger, as I'm sure you know, it would be quite impossible for each and every O.C.C. and/or R.C.C. to print which one of the THOUSANDS of Creatures in Rits it can or cannot be paired with.......

And I really, REALLY don't want to get into the many, Many, MANY Creatures of all walks of life, from Vagabond to All-Father of a Pantheon, whose Descriptions do NOT state that they can take other O.C.Cs; the PCs and NPCs simply aren't written that way as a hard and fast rule.

For the record, I see where the apparent confusion comes from. In Rifts: Conversion Book One, virtually EVERY R.C.C. in the Book has a definitive list of O.C.Cs that it can -and in many cases, CANNOT, take.

However, as someone who now owns EVERY Rifts Book and Dimension Book (apart from Manhunter, which I personally consider to be ONLY a Collector's Item and would probably NEVER use), and nearly all of the Rifters, I can assure you that ever since CB1, this is most definitely NOT the case, in the VAST majority of Creature Descriptions, from the lowliest to the mightiest.....

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Gomen_Nagai wrote:my Power Leech/Bio Freak Scrayper pretty much beats up even on mr Dominator Harvester. YEAH I DARE YOU to FIRE YOUR NOVA PISTOL OR CAST ANNIHILATE OR SPHERE OF ANNIHILATION AT ME!.
No, just Vicious Circle, followed by River of Lava.

I figure that even if you manage to somehow absorb the Energy from the Lava Field (assuming you survive Vicious Circle, that is), you'll be imprisoned in Solidified Magma...and you do stil have to BREATHE, don't you??

Ah, Magic...........

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

daithi wrote:Or combine it with a summoner and necromancer, after 6,000 years you would have QUITE a following. I would use the necromancer from one of the Rifters: Death Walker was it? I could have an unlimited H.F. which you would roll against, if you lost for the first round, the million or so mummies, zombies, skeletons, and demons would eat you right up.

And no matter what you do, I would still be laughing at you on the inside, cause I can NEVER die. (Course the Joke is really on me, but whatever)
Round one: Dominator CornholioPrime surveys the literally millions of Undead arrayed against him...FROM THE SCANNERS ON HIS SHIP.

Round Two: He decides that he doesn't want that ol' stinky Planet, anyways....

And blows it to Hell (or whatever Hell would be for the undead)

or Scenario two:

The Dominator spends HIS 600 years both armng his OWN underlings and wirting hundreds of thousands, nay millions, of Scrolls of "Undo Undead."

*Gives them to his Minions and sits back*

And after he subdues you, he gives you to Doc Reid for "study..."

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I'm currently working on a Fallen Cosmo-Knight Obsidian Spell Thief.

But, that's nae really munchy...
So...
A Demi-god Seduced Techno-Wizard, who took the power of Magic/ Necromancy.
Can we say TW Zombies? TW Mummies...? Oh, dear... a TW machine that pumps out the things...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

ALRIGHT for those of you who have not seen this a Jeradu is a sixed arm
elf....O.C.C. : Sports man (selecting martial arts Hwarang do and Mo gi gong) second O.C.C. Techno Wizard. then create 6 battle furry blades
NOW by My calculations I have 11 attacks per round normally . now add
six blades I have 66 ( no . its not a typo) attacks per round. NOW make those blades battle furry blades and I have ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO ATTACKS (yes thats 132) IN ONE MEELE ROUND ( I m not done yet) AND 600 MDC from magic fields provided by the blades
Last edited by Blight on Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

daithi wrote:A Vagabond with Deific Curse: Immortality.

cant touch me, :-P
Tyciol wrote:We can't? You can't die of age or disease but you can still be killed last I knew.
No, Ty, he's talking about the REALLY nasty Immortality from Dragons and Gods. You can't die NO MATTER WHAT, kinda Apepi, but you don't get any special help either...and you KEEP aging and gathering up injuries. Forever.

I truly cannot think of a worse fate...anywhere. Real Life or otherwise.

BTW< nice idea, having me harvest Nightlords....interesting

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Malignor wrote:Okay I just read the Diabolist thing...

Why not just stitch yourself with a permanence wards for the following:
- while standing in a summoner's Circle of Power (so you can throw fireballs and stuff forever at no PPE cost)
- while enchanted with spells like Invulnerability, Climb, See the Invisible, Mystic Fulcrum, Sustain, Eyes of the Wolf, etc.
- while affected by wards of protection from pain (never feel pain), protection from sleep (never sleep), protection from darkness (see in magic darkness, plus nightvision), etc.

The MDC trick won't work... Giant has a MDC cap.

Because the permanance ward has to be attached to the CIRCLE. That and permamence wards attached to the body only affect ONE ward phrase, and they have to be stitched UNDER the skin.

phoboskitty wrote:4. anypsychic who is in psyscape long enough gains those bonuses, people who were not born there, it takes them like 30 yrs to develop the 3rd eye...

Um...yes and no. It takes a long time for others to gain the benefits if they STUDY and TRY to gain them. Simply living there does not grant the powers.

Mindcrime wrote:Promethean biofreak Phase Adept Sea Inquisitor

Powers:
Multiple Selves
NCA
Extraordinary PP
Superhuman Str

Any race exposed to Tarlok Experimentation can become a biofreak. :-D

Acyually, the bio-freaks were caused by the Seerons encountering one or more versions of the Tarlok plague via contact with races infected before them. These other viruses had...unpredictable...effects on their Atlantean genetics... ;)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Borast wrote:Acyually, the bio-freaks were caused by the Seerons encountering one or more versions of the Tarlok plague via contact with races infected before them. These other viruses had...unpredictable...effects on their Atlantean genetics... ;)

It specifically states in the RCC description that any race can become a bio-freak, excluding the supernatural of course.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Malignor wrote:A permanence ward (which requires the piece of demon/dragon/god bone stitched into the very flesh of the person, hence the word "stitch" I used earlier) allows one magical effect to be made permanent on the person... meaning it's in effect beyond the time under which they are normally empowered/influenced by it.
The circle of power allows some abilities (such as casting fireballs at will), and the entire power circle counts as one magical effect. Thus the ward would allow them to leave the circle and still have all the powers as if they were still in the circle.

Um...no. The Permenancy ward affects the ENTIRE power circle, and ONLY the "complex" of circles - assuming it is physically attached to the circle. If you stitch the permenancy ward into your skin, it ONLY affects one WARD phrase painted/tattooed on you. The description of Permanency wards is explicit, and one of the things it states is that it can not be used to enhance spell magic.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Gomen_Nagai

cornholioprime wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:my Power Leech/Bio Freak Scrayper pretty much beats up even on mr Dominator Harvester. YEAH I DARE YOU to FIRE YOUR NOVA PISTOL OR CAST ANNIHILATE OR SPHERE OF ANNIHILATION AT ME!.
No, just Vicious Circle, followed by River of Lava.

I figure that even if you manage to somehow absorb the Energy from the Lava Field (assuming you survive Vicious Circle, that is), you'll be imprisoned in Solidified Magma...and you do stil have to BREATHE, don't you??

Ah, Magic...........

power leeches absorb All PPE cast or in the area affect ( especially if the Character fails a save vs psionics at -4) or takes 1/3rd the damage/effect/ duration on a Successful spell (wether it touches, is directly in or enters the area of affect)

and All energy actually sent at the leech is also eaten, and will serve to make it stronger, and bigger. The only way to kill it is with Kinetic attacks and psionic ones.

And the NCA ability means it's not going to be hit by anything and when it grows giant it gets really nasty.

You don't want to take this on without super powers and Massive Kinetic attacks

Ps. Never Try to outmunchkin a a real rules lawyer. Not you fake ones that go faking up rules to make excuses on illegal characters : )
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Gomen_Nagai wrote:power leeches absorb All PPE cast or in the area affect ( especially if the Character fails a save vs psionics at -4) or takes 1/3rd the damage/effect/ duration on a Successful spell (wether it touches, is directly in or enters the area of affect)

and All energy actually sent at the leech is also eaten, and will serve to make it stronger, and bigger. The only way to kill it is with Kinetic attacks and psionic ones.

And the NCA ability means it's not going to be hit by anything and when it grows giant it gets really nasty.

Ps. Never Try to outmunchkin a a real rules lawyer. Not you fake ones that go faking up rules to make excuses on illegal characters : )
*Yawns again*

A]] Calmly walks up to the Leech and reminds it that it has to absorb P.P.E. directed at it or up to five feet away.
THEN grapples/restrains the Creature (Superior P.S., Spd, AND P.P.), and takes it with him into his one of his Pocket Dimensions (they are always "there" and do not count as expending P.P.E. once the Spell is cast. Original Caster mentally commands it to open). Leaves it there -ALONE -after reminding the Creature that Pocket Dimensions last for up to several deacdes after its owner's Lifespan....and that Dominators are effectively Immortal.

B]] Catches the leech/Bio-Freak and gives it a Bear Hug until Jelly comes out of the Leech/Bio-Freak's eyes...just because it loves him THIS much....

C]] Grapples and restrains the creature......then opens a Rift into Space and tests out Explosive Decompression on the Creature.

D]] As a Harvester, cuts off the Leech's avenues of escape and summons a horde of Undead to show the Leech what true Feeding is all about.

E]] Turns off the Energy Projecting properties of his Starsplitter Weapon (mine is an Axe) and gives the LeechFreak a "Half-Off" Sale. Domniator Style.

F]] Takes it for a leisurely swim.

What's that, you actually have to Breathe???

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

Your character is illegal. Shhh :roll:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:Your character is illegal. Shhh :roll:
Alas, CornholioPrime GIVES them the Rules of the Game in his Opening Post, but they read it not...then feel free to comment on THAT WHICH THEY DID NOT READ.

CornholioPrime believes that it is Mindcrime that should shoosh himself now...... :D

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
Alas, CornholioPrime GIVES them the Rules of the Game in his Opening Post, but they read it not...then feel free to comment on THAT WHICH THEY DID NOT READ.

CornholioPrime believes that it is Mindcrime that should shoosh himself now...... :D

You said:

YOU try to create such a Character, and the rest of us either say that it can fly according to Canon (even if the Rules get tweaked or bruised), or we shoot you down. If we like your Legal Munchkin Creation, then we'll say nice things about your Mother and make you feel all tingly inside. But fail, and our derisive laughter will haunt you forever!!!

Your Dominator Harvester doesn't bruise the rules, it breaks them. Just like my Alien Intelligence Mystic Knight Temporal Warrior. :P
Gomen_Nagai

cornholioprime wrote:
Gomen_Nagai wrote:power leeches absorb All PPE cast or in the area affect ( especially if the Character fails a save vs psionics at -4) or takes 1/3rd the damage/effect/ duration on a Successful spell (wether it touches, is directly in or enters the area of affect)

*Yawns again*

A]] Calmly walks up to the Leech and reminds it that it has to absorb P.P.E. directed at it or up to five feet away.
THEN grapples/restrains the Creature (Superior P.S., Spd, AND P.P.), and takes it with him into his one of his Pocket Dimensions (they are always "there" and do not count as expending P.P.E. once the Spell is cast. Original Caster mentally commands it to open). Leaves it there -ALONE -after reminding the Creature that Pocket Dimensions last for up to several deacdes after its owner's Lifespan....and that Dominators are effectively Immortal.

B]] Catches the leech/Bio-Freak and gives it a Bear Hug until Jelly comes out of the Leech/Bio-Freak's eyes...just because it loves him THIS much....

C]] Grapples and restrains the creature......then opens a Rift into Space and tests out Explosive Decompression on the Creature.

D]] As a Harvester, cuts off the Leech's avenues of escape and summons a horde of Undead to show the Leech what true Feeding is all about.

E]] Turns off the Energy Projecting properties of his Starsplitter Weapon (mine is an Axe) and gives the LeechFreak a "Half-Off" Sale. Domniator Style.

F]] Takes it for a leisurely swim.

What's that, you actually have to Breathe???

Power leeches don't actually Breathe. I mean .. Why would they, They feed on energy. it makes no sense to Tack on this FAKE ASS weakness on them. They don't even have noses.

And No, it wouldn't happen, Cause it has superpowers, Like A huge autododge, automatic body flip and I would always have better bonuses then you.

The 5FT thing is only for "Controlled" feeding
the Defense mechanism is verus ANY attack.
and it can FEED on "inactive" energy weapons too. and thus all the munchkiny tactics you describe, It continues to feed and eat and grow and Thus it'll grow bigger then your munchkin and pummel him to death.

You forgot this is a Biofreak Power leech, not just a power leech.

and the other power it had was control Kinetic Energy:
which means I get to Control , freeze and nullify MOVEMENT. Guess that leaves you without any means of attack. Better hope you hired a Mutant with negate super powers ... which still doesn't stop my Innate powers.
Gomen_Nagai

hmm The more I read about it, I'm going to CHallenge the boards to Create someone that can beat this combo.

so far the only thing I can come up with is astral abduction/slaying. or dream abduction/slaying
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Gomen_Nagai wrote:Power leeches don't actually Breathe. I mean .. Why would they, They feed on energy. it makes no sense to Tack on this FAKE ASS weakness on them. They don't even have noses.
WITHOUT exception, EVERY Creature in EVERY Rifts Book that does not have to breathe, SPECIFICALLY states it. Your Hybrid doesn't. Therefore....you GOTTA breathe. You do also realize that noses are an evolutionary SENSORY Organ, right??? Not having an Olfactory Center is NOT proof that your Character does NOT breathe.

And look again, Sonny. They DO have noses, not that it actually matters.

Geez Louise.

And No, it wouldn't happen, Cause it has superpowers, Like A huge autododge, automatic body flip and I would always have better bonuses then you.
Gee, buddy, where'd you pull that Autododge from?? You don't get it as either a Leech OR a Bio-Freak.

The 5FT thing is only for "Controlled" feeding
the Defense mechanism is verus ANY attack.
Rules Lawyer, huh???

For a Lawyer, you don't seem to read very well. First, the Defense mechanism is for Magic/Energy ONLY. Second, the Creature has to be either in the Area of Effect OR have the Spell directed at him.

You thought that the Leech could what?? Use his Absorption Ability to take a Punch, or something??? Or what did you mean by "ANY Attack??"

and it can FEED on "inactive" energy weapons too. and thus all the munchkiny tactics you describe, It continues to feed and eat and grow and Thus it'll grow bigger then your munchkin and pummel him to death.
Big hairy deal. I simply put the starsplitter away and grapple you to death. I'm a Dominator; I have all millenium to fight, if need be..... and you can't roll 20s to dodge forever. Meanwhile, I have more MDC than most Adult Dragons. I can probably regenerate the MDC you take from me during a fight in the same melee round that you try to dish it out...provided you can even damage even my armor sufficiently before I catch you and drown you or beat you to death or serve you up to my master, Nxla.

You forgot this is a Biofreak Power leech, not just a power leech.

and the other power it had was control Kinetic Energy:
which means I get to Control , freeze and nullify MOVEMENT. Guess that leaves you without any means of attack. Better hope you hired a Mutant with negate super powers ... which still doesn't stop my Innate powers.
Really?? Give us all a quote, since from what I remember from that Ability, it provides partial, but efffective, protection from High Damage Attacks, but does NOT control the Movements of others. Give us a Page and Book Number, please, and we'll have one of the other people in this Forum who have the Book verify that the Power works exactly as you SAY that it does. I gotta admit that I doubt it seriously, though.

Which is a pity because it STILL doesn't let you breathe underwater or in outer Space.....and you'd still "freeze" to death there, anyway, if I took you there.......

I think that you'd better look at that Scarecrow Hybrid and the other Bio-Freak Hybrid untroduced earlier in this Thread to see what a REAL Munchkin Creation looks like.... :D

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

You said:

YOU try to create such a Character, and the rest of us either say that it can fly according to Canon (even if the Rules get tweaked or bruised), or we shoot you down. If we like your Legal Munchkin Creation, then we'll say nice things about your Mother and make you feel all tingly inside. But fail, and our derisive laughter will haunt you forever!!!

Your Dominator Harvester doesn't bruise the rules, it breaks them. Just like my Alien Intelligence Mystic Knight Temporal Warrior. :P
Yo Mindcrime, I don't mind being proven wrong if I stated something incorrectly.

However. When you Quote me, try using the WHOLE Quote. To wit:

CornholioPrime wrote:A]] Your resulting Character MUST be "legal" as defined by Rifts Canon, not your Games.

B]] These must be actual O.C.C.s/R.C.Cs, and not inanimate objects. I'd really rather not see someone pull the Artifact or the Zentraedi Main Fleet out of their arses again.

C]] The Characters, Abilities, and Attributes must be from the Rifts Megaverse, and its associated Dimension Books only. No pulling 300X Strength from Heroes Unlimited or Facades from Nightbane. And Zer0 Kay, put that Splicer Host Armor back in your pocket; you can't use it in this "contest."

D]] The Characters can be ANY NPC Class, but NOT an NPC Individual. For example, you can choose a Mage Type that is normally an NPC Class, but you CANNOT pick Alistair Dunscon (and his unique Abilities), however.

***Addendum***

E]] The New Character that you create MUST be a Hybrid of at least two O.C.C.s/R.C.Cs of some sort. Otherwise, everybody and his Brother would eventually yell out "I pick Zurvan!!!"

And for the record, after some added Debate, we pretty much agreed that Alien Intelligences were off the table. Don't take my word for it; look back at the previous Posts.

Any Questions???

Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

You said:

Yo Mindcrime, I don't mind being proven wrong if I stated something incorrectly.

However. When you Quote me, try using the WHOLE Quote. To wit:

CornholioPrime wrote:A]] Your resulting Character MUST be "legal" as defined by Rifts Canon, not your Games.

B]] These must be actual O.C.C.s/R.C.Cs, and not inanimate objects. I'd really rather not see someone pull the Artifact or the Zentraedi Main Fleet out of their arses again.

C]] The Characters, Abilities, and Attributes must be from the Rifts Megaverse, and its associated Dimension Books only. No pulling 300X Strength from Heroes Unlimited or Facades from Nightbane. And Zer0 Kay, put that Splicer Host Armor back in your pocket; you can't use it in this "contest."

D]] The Characters can be ANY NPC Class, but NOT an NPC Individual. For example, you can choose a Mage Type that is normally an NPC Class, but you CANNOT pick Alistair Dunscon (and his unique Abilities), however.

***Addendum***

E]] The New Character that you create MUST be a Hybrid of at least two O.C.C.s/R.C.Cs of some sort. Otherwise, everybody and his Brother would eventually yell out "I pick Zurvan!!!"

You said characters must be legal as per Rifts canon. Yours is not. I don't have a problem with the Dominator, I have a problem with him selecting an OCC. That is just plain illegal.

And for the record, after some added Debate, we pretty much agreed that Alien Intelligences were off the table. Don't take my word for it; look back at the previous Posts.

Any Questions???

Then illegal Dominator/OCC mixes are out too. :roll:

Return to “Rifts®”