Legendary Glitter Boys, been done?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

And what if you could get that Glitterboy moving at up to super cavitating speeds. :D And then giving it a gattling multibarrel blue green laser. And some mini torpedos. And then rig up some up a model with something like the black box on the SAMAS out of the New West.

Or at the very least create a weapon for the underwater GB that has super cavitating capabilities.

What do you think of those ideas? Hope someone likes them.

Of course in Phase World equip a GB with both a P Field and a OP field unit.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

THis should go under the ONTOS II thread because it's Paladin Steel, but sicne Aramanthus mentioned supercavitating bullets...

Paladin Steel SuperCavitation Bullets(aka ‘HydroShots’)

“I have a perfectly adequate gun here, and a perfectly nasty swamp-bugger sitting under the surface... and I gotta pull my vibroknife and go in after that bastard before it chews out the bottom of my ride, because my perfectly adequate gun can’t shoot three feet into the water before the shells become dead weight and do diddley squat....thus ruining my perfectly adequate day ....I hate water....”
“Here, try a clip of these...”
-----5ST Sales Representative making a snap on-site sale in the Alabama bayous

“Don’t think you can just pop a clip of these things in your shoulder cannon and start popping away at any old underwater target like you were plugging ducks....refraction’s a ***** who will get you to lose most of your ammo plinking at optical illusions....Spend the extra mullah on a few hundred rounds you’re going to waste anyway and practice shooting at subsurface targets so you can get the hang of it....The bigger guns use sensor hookups and computer targetting, but you’re not going to have the luxury, so get in the habit so you can automatically compensate for the water-air interface...”
----Lord Krudiah, Tanelorn Planetary Evaluator, posing as ‘Krudiah Cromwell’, Mercenary and Commander of the Blackwind Irregulars

“Willya QUIT that, ALREADY!?! You’ve already shot away most of our HydroShots and I don’t know when we’re going to be able to get any more!!!”
“But...trout hunting....is so fun!”

After a slow start on Paladin Steel’s part on naval projects, Vernon Bach’s Maritime Projects and Naval Engineering Branch-division is now swimming in various programs, both in the recovery of lost technologies, and in the development of new ones. One pre-Rifts technology that has caused a great amount of excitment in the division, and into which PS has begun substantial investment, is the development of supercavitation.....methods of creating a thin envelope of low pressure around submerged objects, allowing them to move far faster through the thick medium of water.
Supercavitation bullets are just one aspect of the many product lines under study and production by Paladin Steel. SCP (SuperCavitation Projectiles) Bullets are specially configured to create a low pressure ‘skin’ around themselves when fired through water, allowing them to move further and faster, before being slowed down by the massive resistance of the medium. Orginally designed for anti-mine work, SCPs saw some use in the old pre-Rifts United States Navy, but most information and stockpiles of them were lost along with the coastal bases when the Rifts swept Earth. PS has now resurrected the design line, producing a variety of calibers. The major change in the bullets is in the shape of the projectile, a sort of flat-nosed slug on smaller bullets, or a spike and ring configuration on heavier shells(this may interfere with the compatibility of supercavitation capability on smaller projectile warhead types like armor-piercing and THV bullets).
SuperCavitating bullets still don’t deliver the sort of range and velocity that could match aerial projectiles, or that of self-propelled projectiles like mini-torps, but they allow ordinary firearms to be converted into effective underwater weapons. With the addition of explosive bullets, such as Triax, Wellington, and T-Tech rounds, the lack of penetration capability is balanced by the ability to deliver a solid explosive punch to the target.
Paladin Steel currently makes supercavitating bullets for small arms and underwater rail guns(under the tradename HydroShots) , but is also developing SCPs for the cannon of surface warships for engaging targets just below the surface of the water(like monsters, mines, or torpedoes).
Bonuses: Regular chemical projectile can travel 20% of its normal range through the water; not a heckuva lot for lighter, smaller, short ranged projectiles, but substantial for larger, more powerful types. Rail Guns have an underwater range of 25% of their regular range, thanks to their higher initial muzzle velocity. So a rail gun with 4,000 ft range, would have an 1,000 ft range underwater. Atmospheric range remains the same.
Penalties: Can only be used with solid slug and high explosive ammunition types.
When applied to heavier artillery pieces, use only the DIRECT effective fire range(not the indirect ballistic fire range)
Also, at great depth and pressure, range begins to suffer with the greater resistance offered by the water; at depths of 5,000 ft, range is reduced by 1/4....at 2 miles by HALF....This makes normal projectile weapons less cost effective to modify for deep sea operations, and rail guns the weapons of choice if lasers, ion weapons, or sonics are unavailable.
Cost: Adds 15% to cost of the shell/projectile
Note: Triax has a similar program, equipping their own navy, with examples being the TXP Quad Rifle, TXS-600, and TXS-800 rail guns. Triax supercavitation munitions research is slightly more advanced than Paladin Steel’s program(they are able to squeeze an additional 3-5% extra range) on account of their longer-established research initiative and larger research facilities on the European coast.
Note2: The Kittani use a similar concept in their underwater railguns, but their railgun projectiles seem to be composed of an ultra-dense core metal surrounded by a more flexible sheath of lighter, more malleable metal, controlled by a micro-chip sensor that can alter the shape of the round with minute electrical charges as it speeds through the water, reading both the water’s resistance and the drag it imposes, and adjusts the shape of the projectile for maximum efficiency, while still retaining optimal penetration characteristics. Thus, Kittani rail guns have HALF range underwater. PS is also studying the metallurgical composition and its associated micro-chip in captured Kittani weapons, but successful duplication of the technology remains years, if not decades away, owing to the Kittani lead in microelectronics.

Water-sel Muzzle Attachment
Part of a standardized kit to modify ordinary firearms for amphibious use. This muzzle attachment improves on previous models by incorporating an ultra-thin layer of waterproof oil-based nano-gel to create a self-healing membrane that reseals after the projectile passes through it, quickly enough to prevent water from entering the barrel and fouling the gun mechanisms.
Note: Good for depths down to 2,000 ft
Cost: 350 credits
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Aramanthus wrote:And what if you could get that Glitterboy moving at up to super cavitating speeds. :D And then giving it a gattling multibarrel blue green laser. And some mini torpedos. And then rig up some up a model with something like the black box on the SAMAS out of the New West.

Or at the very least create a weapon for the underwater GB that has super cavitating capabilities.

What do you think of those ideas? Hope someone likes them.

Of course in Phase World equip a GB with both a P Field and a OP field unit.
Why not just a multi-barrel or constant beam B-G laser, what is it with people and spinning guns. 1st a Gatling style will be a little bigger and only save on the firing mechanism yet require more mechanical stuff that can break down. Not to mention that your trying to spin something underwater... it will cause the GB to move and cause stress on an unecessary mechanical component. How about instead of using a railgun which has open electrical contacts you switch to a coilgun type tech and instead of using it for the gun you mount two over the back and use it for propulsion? The black box from the Wild Weasel SAMAS is ECM the Marine GB would need SCM as radar doesn't work well (at all) underwater due to water being dense enough to reflect the microwaves.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:THis should go under the ONTOS II thread because it's Paladin Steel, but sicne Aramanthus mentioned supercavitating bullets...

Paladin Steel SuperCavitation Bullets(aka ‘HydroShots’)

“I have a perfectly adequate gun here, and a perfectly nasty swamp-bugger sitting under the surface... and I gotta pull my vibroknife and go in after that bastard before it chews out the bottom of my ride, because my perfectly adequate gun can’t shoot three feet into the water before the shells become dead weight and do diddley squat....thus ruining my perfectly adequate day ....I hate water....”
“Here, try a clip of these...”
-----5ST Sales Representative making a snap on-site sale in the Alabama bayous

“Don’t think you can just pop a clip of these things in your shoulder cannon and start popping away at any old underwater target like you were plugging ducks....refraction’s a ***** who will get you to lose most of your ammo plinking at optical illusions....Spend the extra mullah on a few hundred rounds you’re going to waste anyway and practice shooting at subsurface targets so you can get the hang of it....The bigger guns use sensor hookups and computer targetting, but you’re not going to have the luxury, so get in the habit so you can automatically compensate for the water-air interface...”
----Lord Krudiah, Tanelorn Planetary Evaluator, posing as ‘Krudiah Cromwell’, Mercenary and Commander of the Blackwind Irregulars

“Willya QUIT that, ALREADY!?! You’ve already shot away most of our HydroShots and I don’t know when we’re going to be able to get any more!!!”
“But...trout hunting....is so fun!”

After a slow start on Paladin Steel’s part on naval projects, Vernon Bach’s Maritime Projects and Naval Engineering Branch-division is now swimming in various programs, both in the recovery of lost technologies, and in the development of new ones. One pre-Rifts technology that has caused a great amount of excitment in the division, and into which PS has begun substantial investment, is the development of supercavitation.....methods of creating a thin envelope of low pressure around submerged objects, allowing them to move far faster through the thick medium of water.
Supercavitation bullets are just one aspect of the many product lines under study and production by Paladin Steel. SCP (SuperCavitation Projectiles) Bullets are specially configured to create a low pressure ‘skin’ around themselves when fired through water, allowing them to move further and faster, before being slowed down by the massive resistance of the medium. Orginally designed for anti-mine work, SCPs saw some use in the old pre-Rifts United States Navy, but most information and stockpiles of them were lost along with the coastal bases when the Rifts swept Earth. PS has now resurrected the design line, producing a variety of calibers. The major change in the bullets is in the shape of the projectile, a sort of flat-nosed slug on smaller bullets, or a spike and ring configuration on heavier shells(this may interfere with the compatibility of supercavitation capability on smaller projectile warhead types like armor-piercing and THV bullets).
SuperCavitating bullets still don’t deliver the sort of range and velocity that could match aerial projectiles, or that of self-propelled projectiles like mini-torps, but they allow ordinary firearms to be converted into effective underwater weapons. With the addition of explosive bullets, such as Triax, Wellington, and T-Tech rounds, the lack of penetration capability is balanced by the ability to deliver a solid explosive punch to the target.
Paladin Steel currently makes supercavitating bullets for small arms and underwater rail guns(under the tradename HydroShots) , but is also developing SCPs for the cannon of surface warships for engaging targets just below the surface of the water(like monsters, mines, or torpedoes).
Bonuses: Regular chemical projectile can travel 20% of its normal range through the water; not a heckuva lot for lighter, smaller, short ranged projectiles, but substantial for larger, more powerful types. Rail Guns have an underwater range of 25% of their regular range, thanks to their higher initial muzzle velocity. So a rail gun with 4,000 ft range, would have an 1,000 ft range underwater. Atmospheric range remains the same.
Penalties: Can only be used with solid slug and high explosive ammunition types.
When applied to heavier artillery pieces, use only the DIRECT effective fire range(not the indirect ballistic fire range)
Also, at great depth and pressure, range begins to suffer with the greater resistance offered by the water; at depths of 5,000 ft, range is reduced by 1/4....at 2 miles by HALF....This makes normal projectile weapons less cost effective to modify for deep sea operations, and rail guns the weapons of choice if lasers, ion weapons, or sonics are unavailable.
Cost: Adds 15% to cost of the shell/projectile
Note: Triax has a similar program, equipping their own navy, with examples being the TXP Quad Rifle, TXS-600, and TXS-800 rail guns. Triax supercavitation munitions research is slightly more advanced than Paladin Steel’s program(they are able to squeeze an additional 3-5% extra range) on account of their longer-established research initiative and larger research facilities on the European coast.
Note2: The Kittani use a similar concept in their underwater railguns, but their railgun projectiles seem to be composed of an ultra-dense core metal surrounded by a more flexible sheath of lighter, more malleable metal, controlled by a micro-chip sensor that can alter the shape of the round with minute electrical charges as it speeds through the water, reading both the water’s resistance and the drag it imposes, and adjusts the shape of the projectile for maximum efficiency, while still retaining optimal penetration characteristics. Thus, Kittani rail guns have HALF range underwater. PS is also studying the metallurgical composition and its associated micro-chip in captured Kittani weapons, but successful duplication of the technology remains years, if not decades away, owing to the Kittani lead in microelectronics.

Water-sel Muzzle Attachment
Part of a standardized kit to modify ordinary firearms for amphibious use. This muzzle attachment improves on previous models by incorporating an ultra-thin layer of waterproof oil-based nano-gel to create a self-healing membrane that reseals after the projectile passes through it, quickly enough to prevent water from entering the barrel and fouling the gun mechanisms.
Note: Good for depths down to 2,000 ft
Cost: 350 credits
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::puke: Nice ads!
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

MrMom wrote:how about a GB that has been refitted with a Harpoon Gun with a wench. Also How about one refitted with a Gun that fires Nets and the GB carries a Vibro Trident.

Uh... what does a serving girl have to do with anything?
Aramanthus
Monk

Okay maybe I should have said to put the gattling B-G laser within a special casing to eliminate and excess friction with the water. :)
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:
MrMom wrote:how about a GB that has been refitted with a Harpoon Gun with a wench. Also How about one refitted with a Gun that fires Nets and the GB carries a Vibro Trident.

Uh... what does a serving girl have to do with anything?

Sales gimmick...plus you now know the salesman's a slaver...Read the fine print on any paperwork he hands you....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

pardon me if i spelled winch wrong.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

How about a GB that carries around a giant warhammer for close combat.
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:pardon me if i spelled winch wrong.

Why? It actually gave some of us pause... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:How about a GB that carries around a giant warhammer for close combat.

Moljinar or Pulverizer...give it some ballast on the backpack for when you're swinging that thing....

Me? I want the Glitter-Chainsaw.....crystalline, shining, sparkly, diamond-sharp death!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Well they have an MDC chainsaw. I designed one with a retractable chainsaw in one arm.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

*SilverShadow
The Silver Shadow is a Glitterboy said to haunt Houstown. The old US-GB10 has been so heavily modified that many people can't identify it as a Glitterboy at all, but for its laser-reflective armor and heavy gun mount....
The Silvershadow's chrome has a decided dark tinge with silver accents, Two black-armored wings, believed to have been salvaged from a Kittani Flying Fox power armor, are drapped cloak-like over the back and shoulders, the forearms sport what appear to be the vibroblades off a CS Glitterboy Killer, but have a silver glint and serrated edge like Naruni Ripper blades, the head/helmet has been modified with a Power Jaw(see Atlantis 2) and laser eyes(similar to the bionic weapons), the Boom Gun seems to have been replaced by a massive combination auto-cannon and laser combo, and some sort of anti-gravity propulsion fitted to the armor. The armor also carries a massive energy scythe doing 6d6 MD on a swipe...with a four-shot mini-missile pod and bludgeon/counterbalance in the other end....
At first presumed to be an experimental Coalition machine, the SilverShadow is now believed to belong to a d-bee known as a Manarr(Aliens Unlimited), a race infatuated with death imagery, though whether or not he or she did the original modification work is unknown. The Silvershadow has been known to haunt a 50 mile radius of Houstown, hunting vampires, even concealed ones...suggesting that either the armor or its pilot have some sort of supernatural senses....and destroying them. The Silvershadow often uses its silent anti-grab propulsion to ghost above crowds and target locations, then drop down onto the target or into the middle of a pack of enemies, slashing with scythe and arm blades, and firing wood rounds from the autocannon.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Kind of reminds me of a gundam mobile suit.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Alot robots look alike to most of us. It's like Body armour. there's only stylistic difference only. they all do the same thing.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Aramanthus
Monk

Actually its a Power Armor not a body armor there is a difference. :)

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Rimmerdal wrote:Alot robots look alike to most of us. It's like Body armour. there's only stylistic difference only. they all do the same thing.

Take up space, cost lots of money, and hurt other people, you mean?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

MrMom wrote:pardon me if i spelled winch wrong.
Did you? I was actually just saying that because the words sound similar. Sorry to point that out.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Aramanthus wrote:Okay maybe I should have said to put the gattling B-G laser within a special casing to eliminate and excess friction with the water. :)
Still the problem of taking up space it doesn't need to. What would be the benifit of making it gatling? Again why not a single barrel that fires a continuous beam? The heat problem is somewhat solved since it would be in the water.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

how about a gb with a mini tesla coil instead of a boom gun
Aramanthus
Monk

That would be an interesting variation MrMom!

HH....FIE
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

How about a gb with a microwave cannon instead of the boom gun. I dont have all of the books so i dont know if PB even uses Microwave tech.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

How about a GB with a partical Deacceraltor when ever an object or enemy is hit they start to solidify.
Aramanthus
Monk

How about a GB built to have CADS in it's arms. You know from a saber cyclone! Now there is a close combat GB. :D

HH....FIE
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

::Darkstone:: wrote:
MrMom wrote:How about a gb with a microwave cannon instead of the boom gun. I dont have all of the books so i dont know if PB even uses Microwave tech.

That just beggs the tag-line "Kicks-butt and makes a nice TV dinner in the process."

Tho I don't see why an adaptation couldn't be made.

:D Oh Oh Shoot the cornfield!!!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:How about a gb with a microwave cannon instead of the boom gun. I dont have all of the books so i dont know if PB even uses Microwave tech.

Aliens Unlimited has SDC microwave weapons...their range is limited however, and they don't do too well against metal armors...

Rifts Mindwerks has stats for a Gargoyle-fielded microwave weapon...very nasty, but pathetic range
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:

That just beggs the tag-line "Kicks-butt and makes a nice TV dinner in the process."

"Dang it, that jerk Glitterboy pilot's poppin' our crops again! Pork rinds don;t fetch as much as pork haunch none, don't that idiot know it?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:

Only if there happens to be butter trolls fleeing through it...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That's a great one Talismn! Popcorn in Rifts! Would it be MD pop corn? How many teeth would people break?

A GB with a couple of short ranged weapons might be something to add along with the boom gun to give it short range punch.

HH....FIE
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Aramanthus wrote:That's a great one Talismn! Popcorn in Rifts! Would it be MD pop corn? How many teeth would people break?

A GB with a couple of short ranged weapons might be something to add along with the boom gun to give it short range punch.
Huh?? I'm the one who suggested it Talismnn just suggested the Buttertroll. :( come-on give credit where credit is due.

How would using an MD weapon on an SDC target make the SDC target MD? Not being serious though... No the MD microwave just means it can pop a bigger "bag" faster.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

hmm maybe a gb with a sonic wave cannon. the sound waves would shatter steel and other md materials would also liquify internal organs.
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmm I'm sorry, you did mention it first on this thread. But in my game I did that years ago.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The GunRunner---A Glitterboy mounting as many cyborg-style machine guns as possible on its arms, shoulders, and chest(as well as at least two pointed backwards over the back)...with multiple ammo drums and applied prayer-stickers that none of the weapons jam....
Supposedly modified by a Crazy who decided late in life he wanted to be a Glitterboy Pilot, and the BADDEST one yet...supposedly several Heritage Glitterboy families hunted the guy down to teach him a lesson about messing with success and confiscate the armor to return it to its original configuration(and a less loopy pilot-owner)....THe Crazy was beaten within an inch of his life, but the GunRunner was never found by the mob...Either hidden away, or smuggled elsewhere to surface someplace else...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That would be a cool one to have stats on! :)

HH....FIE
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

The Reaper: A GB Painted all black with the Deaths Head motif painted in white. It has been operating inside CS borders attacking villages and towns that openly support the CS. Nothing is known about the piolt but it is thought to be a D-bee or Sympathizer that has stolen a suit of GB armor. The Reaper attacks always at dawn or dusk killing as many towns folk as it can and then retreats before and reinforcements arrive.

The name Reaper has two meanings first it is a reference to the Grim Reaper hence the Deaths Head motif second it is a reference to the saying you Reap what you Sow.
taalismn
Priest

*Frostbite*(name by MrMom)---This Glitterboy has occasionally been confused with another cold-themed Legendary Glitterboy, but Frostbite is known to be the masterpiece of Tolkeen expatriate TechnoWizard 'The Weatherman', known for his use of Elemental magic in his creations...
Frostbite is notable for a number of magic features....one is its ability to generate a thick icy fog/sleet cloud about itself that obscures the exact location of the armor within(covers a roughly 100 ft wide area), distorts lasers(laser targetting is ineffectual, and battle lasers lose half their damage as they are prismatically distorted by the airborne ice crystals), freezes exposed mechanical joints(unless protected somehow by coverings, low-temperature lubricants, or heaters, bionic and robotic joints will suffer a -10% reduction in speed, and -1 to strike/parry/dodge), as well as does 1d6 HP damage to exposed flesh per minute of exposure.
Another is its ability to fire shotgun-like blasts of ice shards from its modified boomgun....Range is HALVED, and damage drops to 1d6x10 MD, but the spread of the blast covers a 15-foot wide arc, and the shards, if they penetrate flesh, do an additional 1d6 damage per melee for 1d4 melees from freezing damage. Some rumors say that this weapon has been recently modified to fire projectiles with the Drain Life spell cast on them, to further weaken opponents.
Yet another feature is the ability to skin itself in a sheath of ice...reduces the Glitterboy's speed by 20%, but adds an additional 150 MDC, and can regenerate at 2d6 MD per melee...The Glitterboy fairly glows blue with this magic ice armor.
Finally, the armor can summon up 1-4 Ice Monsters that can be shaped to resemble Frostbite in its ice-sheath armor....these elemental fragments are often set loose to distract attackers and herd enemies into the killzone of Frostbite's boomgun/ice cannon.
It is unknown who is the current pilot of Frostbite, but in all likelihood the Weatherman gave it to anti-Coalition forces....Frostbite is known to prowl the borders of Free Quebec, ambushing unwary CS and FQS troops, but the recent assassination of a prominent Coalition arms industry official is laid at the hands of Frostbite; his Mark V 'office' was found blasted open, his security contingent frozen solid, and the man himself impaled on a ice stalactite in his own travel couch....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Great GB Taalismn!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

*Silver Queen
Supposedly the brainchild of a brilliantly demented mad scientist with access to a former NEMA factory complex hidden somewhere in the New West, the Glitterboy(girls?) known as the Silver Queen is remarkable for its ability to deploy a 'horde' of smaller (2-3 ft tall) 'miniatures'...dwarf Glitterboys, presumably robots...that act as as skirmishers, scouts, and raiders for their 'mother'....the 'minis' have roughly 100 MDC each, have the characteristic Glitterboy laser-reflective armor, a Robotic P.S. of 18, can run twice as fast as their parent, and have fully articulated hands, allowing them to pick up and use conventionalw eaponry. In place of a Boom Gun, each mini or 'glitterimp' carries a shoulder-mount laser(3,000 ft range, 4d6 MD per shot) or grenade launcher(with 50 rounds). They also tend to carry vibrosabres.
SilverQueen has been seen to direct up to two dozen 'glitterimps', often using them to flank and ambush an oppoent trying to close in on the lone Glitterboy, as well as to lure pursuers into a trap. They are aos sent forth to scavenge victimes of the Glitterboy, recovering weapons, armor, and cybernetics/bionics(presumably for re-sale),
SilverQueen alledgely appeared on the escape routes out of Tolkeen, hitting BOTH CS patrols and Tolken Vengeance Squads, so it's not entirely clear who the SilverQueen really sides with....
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rimmerdal
Knight

taalismn wrote:*Silver Queen
Supposedly the brainchild of a brilliantly demented mad scientist with access to a former NEMA factory complex hidden somewhere in the New West, the Glitterboy(girls?) known as the Silver Queen is remarkabel but for its ability to deploy a 'horde' of smaller (2-3 ft tall) 'miniatures'...dwarf Glitterboys, presumably robots...that act as as skirmishers, scouts, and raiders for their 'mother'....the 'minis' have roughly 100 MDC each, have the characteristic Glitterboy laser-reflective armor, a Robotic P.S. of 18, can run twice as fast as their parent, and have fully articulated hands, allowing them to pick up and use conventionalw eaponry. In place of a Boom Gun, each mini or 'glitterimp' carries a shoulder-mount laser(3,000 ft range, 4d6 MD per shot) or grenade launcher(with 50 rounds). They also tend to carry vibrosabres.
SilverQueen has been seen to direct up to two dozen 'glitterimps', often using them to flank and ambush an oppoent trying to close in on the lone Glitterboy, as well as to lure pursuers into a trap. They are aos sent forth to scavenge victimes of the Glitterboy, recovering weapons, armor, and cybernetics/bionics(presumably for re-sale),
SilverQueen alledgely appeared on the escape routes out of Tolkeen, hitting BOTH CS patrols and Tolken Vengeance Squads, so it's not entirely clear who the SilverQueen really sides with....

Like the Glitter Imps idea.
taalismn wrote:

MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Give a GB a Big meat cleaver and call it the Chef.
Rimmerdal
Knight

MrMom wrote:Give a GB a Big meat cleaver and call it the Chef.

a big shovel..better yet a big Jackhammer. and I can call it Devistator...
taalismn wrote:

taalismn
Priest

Give it a chromed walker and call it the Geezer...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

OK now we're starting to get stupid and :thwak: if we're going to keep doing that why not just start a new thread called GB's that the lifeguard banned from the Glitterpool... or something stupid like that. Next thing I know someone will mention a GB with a plunger called the plumber and someone will go NO wait why not give him a Glitter Plumber's Snake!! :thwak: :thwak: :puke: :thwak: (the emotes have a certain ring to it if you say the words... hmm). Hey why don't we have one GB that can use all of these tools and we'll call him JOAT or Jack of All Trades or just Jack?? :thwak: to anyone who was thinking of taking that seriously.
Aramanthus
Monk

The Glitter Queen is another cool idea Taalismn! I like it!

HH....FIE
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

I didn;t read eveything, just the first post... I must admit the idea realy sounds cool. Course the conqueror in me would love to tear one apart. Hmmm maybe a new goal for my Dragon. ;>

All in all though the idea is pretty sweet.
Aramanthus
Monk

That is an interesting Flik!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"I don't care if it is a Golden Age icon you're refering to...get the fishnets off my Glitterboy and quit calling it 'Rocky Horror!'"

....sorry, had to get that outa my system....

Silver Lightning
Silver Lightning is a Glitterboy modified to link up with a heavily modified Northern Gun Sky King Flying Gun, in a set-up obviously inspired by the Icarus Flight System. The normally vertically-oriented NG hovercraft now sports a wide wing, with the thrusters moved out and bracketted by the armaments, while the pilot has been replaced by a robot autopilot(4 actions/attacks per melee, +3 to Dodge, +2 to Strike)....The Gun typically acts as a combination airsupport , re-supply vehicle(it carries up to three additional drums of ammo) and a giant jetpack, with hookups on its underside.
Silver Lightning itself sports a vibroblade and laser similar to the Rimski Augmentation Pack used by Free Quebec, but actually copied from them using slightly different systems(such as a Wilks laser), but is otherwise unremarkable.
Besides the FLying Wing, however, Silver Lightning's other main distinction is a seemingly endless supply of good luck...Four times this particular GB has evaded near-certain destruction...three times with the assistance of the Flying Gun, even though the last two times the attackers knew about the remote control flying wing and planned for its appearance as part of the trap, and a fourth time going over Niagra Falls...The expression Lightning Never Strikes Twice may be true in the case of this GB(indeed, it has never appeared in the same warzone more than once) but it eludes destruction with uncanny regularity....
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

FlikSilverscales wrote:I like the ideas so far. Good job. I, myself, have been thinking about something else recently. It isn't legendary, but I think we should include some new accessories to the Glitterboy armor.
One that I have been thinking about is something I call the "Glitterfly." It would be a small drone about the size of a dragonfly. It's purposes would include recon and homing device. Now the idea is that the drone will work independently or by remote. It will survey an area, relatively unnoticed, and send information back to the Glitterboy pilot. It will also have a homing device, so it can attach itself to an important targets and the Glitterboy will be able to locate the target from a far. This will be especially useful to the Taurus Glitterboy, because it will increase accuracy with the mortar rounds and other types of artillery.
If anyone is interested, I can figure out stats for it, but I need to hear some feedback first. Then I will create a new thread, so it is easier to find. Hope to hear from people soon.

Could use a variety of drone designs, from the ones in the Robot Construction charts, to larger and more robust designs like a prop-drive 'yard dart' mini-RPV...The larger designs might be cheaper and more robust, but the dragonfly-eye would have low observibility in its favor....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

Drones huh?! No yer talking my language. ;> Drons are a speciality in another game I play, tanle top *cough* Thing is are the drones a simple A.I. desgined to follow a set program or would the pilot have to control them.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
taalismn
Priest

SACMan
SACMan is a Glitterboy with an attitude...and BIG missiles....Somewhere along the line, the old NEMA Guardsman was modified with a twin-launch pylon for two long range missiles....yep, long range missiles... The Glitterboy looks obscenely over-encumbered waddling under the weight of two 12-ft long cruise missiles.....Most mercs question the value of the setup...besides sticking out like a sore thumb and encumbering the armor, the Glitterboy lacks the fire control to fully use the missiles' long range to their fullest....so SACMan is typically limited to firing the massive weapons line-of-sight. And because of the expense and rarity of Long Range Missiles, SACMan doesn't fire them off too often...
Fortunately, the clan that has kept SACMan running has consistently turned out superb Glitterboy Pilots, so they can demand top dollar for their services...and part of their terms of service that must be set down in advance is payment for munitions expended....a gentle reminder to an employer that if SACMan is going to fire off its 'Honest Johns', the whooping bill's going straight to them....Frequently that means that follow-up missions are tacked on...like raids on ammo depots and airfields for LRM ordnance that can be adapted to SACMan's pylons to replace what was fired off in the last fire mission...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”