Alternate Dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Reality is dissolving away as it is revealed that our 'reality' is actually a massive Astral Realm that is losing its potency and power...instead, the world is being broken up into various smaller astral kingdoms anchored in substantiality by people discovering their powers as Astral Lords....As people rush to the few stable zones to flee the chaos eating the Earth, they discover the 'lords' of these 'lifeboat lands'...and some of these cosmos-creators are quite insane....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Human biology evolves so that children possess creative intelligence and mild psionic abilities...but as they mature, their creative and telepathic abilities wane until they become sex-crazed teenagers, then after an intense period of mating receptivity, settle down to become methodical unmimaginative, almost drone-like mathematical savant adults...thus corporate 'think tanks' and Madison Avenue are centered around children who project their creative telepathic dreams and imaginations via telepthy into the the minds of surrounding adults, who then attempt to implement the ideas....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Hey Duckfoot I thought it was the Mayan calendar your thinking about that ends in 2012.

What about a reality where everyone living in it has there own version of reality? Call it chaos!

I'm sorry! It was a mistype! Please forgive me!
Last edited by Aramanthus on Mon May 14, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Three Mile Island DOES catastrophically melt down, irradiating a good chunk of the American eastern seaboard....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Hey Dickfoot I thought it was the Mayan calendar your thinking about that ends in 2012.

What about a reality where everyone living in it has there own version of reality? Call it chaos!

did you mean to call me dickfoot, or was that a slip of the finger

I think we can(and should) assume it to be a simple keyboard slip.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

instead of the black man being slaves in america the white man was
taalismn
Priest

Coca-Cola contimued to be made with real coca extract....Drug (ab)use becomes/remains rampant and legal in the civilized world...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Plantetary vegetarianism takes hold.....meat eaters are considered to be barbarians and discriminated against across the globe....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

---Jesus Christ is exiled to Rome, rather than dealt with locally....Becomes exposed to Roman culture and becomes something of a local colorful bohemian in Roman society....

----Russians successfully hold on to Afghanistan through superior relations with local chieftains and considerate treatment of locals(no butterfly mines or mass executions)...CIA-backed insurgents driven out or ratted out by Communist-sympathetic hillfolk....Certain Arab volunteer majahudeen are imprisioned or killed in the process....

----President Clinton actually exercises some personal restraint, remains scandal-free, while in officeand smooths the way for a Democrat successor....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

cornholioprime wrote:Splynncryth still captures Atlantis after it re-emerges; meanwhile, cooler heads than Nostrous Dunscon's and those of the Coalition High Command, come to power.

Under the watchful eye of the Vanguard, humanity climbs out of the Great Cataclysm with the combination of Golden Age Tech, Magic, Psionics, and Techno-Wizardry.

As word of the humans' achievements spread, the True Atlanteans return, and share their even more advanced technology and magic with the Humans of Earth. Soon, North America's NEMA Armies field magical tattooed men by the millions, backed up by crack troops in Nema TW Chromium Eagles and elemental-powered Glitterboys that never need a power pack recharge.

As all this goes on, Splynncryth the Anarchist sends a peace envoy to the Magic Nation of North America and a truce is reached; after members of North America's High Command are taken on a tour of Splynncryth's three entire planets' worth of troops, they are more inclined to believe him when he tells them to keep Atlantis off limits even if they don't agree with what goes on there; even the true Atlanteans are cowed and drop their plans to take Atlantis once they see how truly powerful he is.

Later, ARCHIE reveals himself to the world at large; he quickly gains the public's favor by being one of the only known storehouses of Pre-Rifts world history. As time goes on, under the expert tutelage of magical grandmasters, ARCHIE properly learns magic and the possible consequences of using same. With his ultra-fast processing capabilities and ability to actually think at speeds many times that of a human, in time ARCHIE becomes one of the greatest magical grandmasters in the Megaverse, rivaling the magical knowledge of such beings as Belimar, Hecate, and even Odin himself.

ARCHIE is unanimously elected President of North America not long afterward.

Splynncryth, meanwhile, remains true to his word; he has no incentive to back down on the peace treaty, since the trade in magic and magical knowledge raises the Splynn Market to undreamed-of heights of fame and profitability. As the people of Earth soon find out, a profit-rich Splugorth is a happy Splugorth...and Splynnie ain't so very bad a guy as his species goes.

AND THEN.......

Hela, who has sucessfully and finally crafted for herself a new, inhuman body, leads the now magically-enhanced Mechanoids to Earth as the first stop in a campaign of Megaversal Genocide.......

....................................holy...................freaking...........god.........*bows to his new lord and master*
i have made some crazy stuff but that takes the cake.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Imagine This. During the seige of Tolkeen the Orb of Solomon is brought to Prosek. He sees the "Light" and calls off the Crusade for Humanity. Naruni tech is taken by the Coalition and NGR. Free Quebec submits an application to rejoin the Coalition with it's newfound world view. The New coalition states and the NGR reverse engineer Naruni and CCW technology. They then realize that glitter armor can be done as a process and doesn't need to be a separate alloy all of its own. They capture Arkhon and Megaversal Legion technology. The glittering process increases armor desity by 70%, thus increasing M.D.C. by 70%. Cerasteel armor is equivalent to Coalition armor and takes half damage from energy weapons. M.L. Inertia fields reduce impact damage by half. Tribeams do double damage to most materials. the tipical trooper now has 170-200 MDC and has standard weapons doing 1d6x10 MD. the humans take over the world and start the United Earth Directorate and power their vehicles with magic and such. Add splicers with biomancy for flavor. some necrol tech for sh*ts and giggles. If you really wanna have fun, have humans get their hands on Dominator tech. Say, for example, while trying to technologically harness cosmic energy humans used phase fields to contain it. The fields are based on different properties and dident mix well. We accidentally created cosmo-knights and phase beings not affiliated with their respective masters. add the 3 galaxies and you have some fun brewing.
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:the first female American president is Tyra Banks. There is however, a small growing movement of free thinkers. P.A.T (people against Tyra.) They plan to stage a rebellion.

Well...I'm dead...

Paris Hilton becomes Head of Homeland Security...
Similar non-entities become regional 'priestesses' of respective regions,weilding power as priestess-princesses of the Cult of Vapidity...
Plastc surgery becomes regarded as a life-or-death enterprise, with a covert war between surgeons seeking to augment the already 'beautiful' and those doing corrective surgery to preserve lives...
Madonna serves briefly as one of the 'Beautiful People' until age catches up and she begins showing wrinkles....Facing loss of status and eventual forced 'Marilynning'(suicide) she joins forces with Cindy Lauper and a gathering Punk movement to take a more militant role against the 'Dolls'(aka the 'Kens', 'Barbies', and Fashionista movement...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

In tbe same vein as Ziggurat....After centuries of alliance building, assimilation, and the nuetralization of the major threats facing them, the united nations of Rifts Earth(a coalition of human and non-humans) now sit astride a massive dimensional hub(Earth) but also find themselves with no major domestic threats to fight, but a population raised by centuries of hardship and selective breeding to a warrior mentality...Afraid that their militant populaces might turn on each other, the coalition instead approves a series of offworld 'adventures'...the assorted military and paramiltaries of Rifts Earth encouraged to go offworld and act in mercenary, police-, and crisis-relief experts in other dimensions, all the while building an interdimensional trade and military empire with the intent of one day taking on the REAL cesspools of the megaverse...likes like Hel...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

native americans force the europeans out and build a empire of their own
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

(off topic: OMG YAY someone awsome used an idea like mine and gave me credit.)

ok on topic and acting like the adult i am. soul harvest wasn't dealt with by psyscape in time. nuff' said.

think marvel zombies.
Aramanthus
Monk

Ok the Aztec calendar is not covered as well as the Mayan calendar. I did correct my mistype too! I meant no offense! Please take none! Remember u and I are right next each other on the keyboard!

There are some more interesting ideas people have suggested! Cool!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Earth's rotation corresponds to its solar orbit....One side permanently faces the sun, the other side always is in permanent shadow....tectonic activity continues, as does air circulation, but now the twilight zones are under constant thunderstorm activity as cold and warm air fronts tangle....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That would really suck to be stuck in the dark forever!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The Earth and the Moon are joined by a tenuous 'atmosphere' bridge...barely breathable, but enough atmosphere has been tapped off over the eons to give the Moon a thin, but breathable, atmosphere, and enough water vapor has made the trip to make the lunar landscape roughly equivalent to a terrestrial desert...
The 'airbridge' itself is barely breathable in terms of pressure and oxygen content, but conceivably, supercharged aircraft and jets COULD make the long trip....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Seriously for just a second, could we step back to the other suggestion. I've heard about the Mayan calendar, Duck-foot. But my familiarity with the Aztec calendar is almost nil. I'd have to take an educated guess that it's loosely based on the Mayan calendar. What are the differences between it and the Mayan calendar? I'm really serious, I do not know the difference and would like to know that answer, please! I won't be able to check the boards until maybe sunday night, monday at the latest. I'm offf to a SciFI con this weekend in Des Moines, IA.

HH....FIE
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

how about a world where everyone is named dick-foot :shock: :eek:

sorry duck-foot :lol:
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

how about a world where men are used only for breeing and women rule and run everything
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

duck-foot wrote:
taalismn wrote:Earth's rotation corresponds to its solar orbit....One side permanently faces the sun, the other side always is in permanent shadow....tectonic activity continues, as does air circulation, but now the twilight zones are under constant thunderstorm activity as cold and warm air fronts tangle....

i just though of something. the Humans on the dark side would eventually evolve into different beings. night Humans. with pale pink skin, long feeling hairs and big dark eyes to see at night, as well as a keen sense of hearing and smell

Depends on where "Humans" evolve, assume the sunny side. They would only migrate onto the dark side as technology allowed then to adapt to a dark growing environment. In addition there may be a second species developing on the dark side, not human at all but some kind of pale catfish...
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
taalismn
Priest

Plus, unless they could observe other celestial objects(such as the moon) rotating, their perceptions of celestial mechanics are likely to be queered...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Nature evolves a third gender whose only job is to mediate between the other two.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Only plant life evolves on earth nothing else perhaps a garden of eden only no other life except for plant
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:what about a dimension where the only colors are shades of purple and violet

How about a monochrome universe...where everything looks like either a cartoon or a film noir piece?

"Oh my god! They've gone plaid!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

how about no gods or AI's have ever been to earth until the comeing of the rifts. IE no religons anywhere
taalismn
Priest

THere would just be fighting within the mainstream Church....Luther wouldn't have gotten anywhere if not for the growing discontent of the Germans with rule(albeit by proxy) from Rome....(then again, the classic Roman Empire could have told you that about the Germanic peoples...).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Vesuvius explodes with Krakatoa-like violence, not simply destroying Pompei and Herculaneum, but inundating a much wider area in ash and debris, essentially rendering southern Italy a disaster area...Shifting winds carry ash as far north as Rome, communciations are disrupted, and the whole seen as a divine inictment against the Roman government.....Civil unrest results...

Alternately...Spartacus' rebellion actually succeeds in triggering widespread uprisings among other minority groups in the Empire, breaking the Romans, and forcing the Roman government into exile to attempt to regain control of the imperium from elsewhere, such Gaul(France), Greece, or Egypt....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

A petroleum-devouring bacteria is accidentally(or deliberately) released, effectively destroying all but a few plastics, gasoline, and oil in the world.....chaos insues while the world reaches for new energy sources and tries to rebuild industrial and commercial infrastructure....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Water-fuelled 'warm fusion' is discovered before petroleum engines catch on....Faced with a cheap, more readily available, and potentially more powerful power source, oil fails to catch on as an energy source from the get-go....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

taalismn wrote:Water-fuelled 'warm fusion' is discovered before petroleum engines catch on....Faced with a cheap, more readily available, and potentially more powerful power source, oil fails to catch on as an energy source from the get-go....

Alternately, elemental magic or magically-generated antimatter(aka 'Sphere of Annihilation') replaces oil early on as the power sources of choice...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

High-energy cold fusion is discovered to be a previously unknown property of BEER....
Package stores and breweries are imemdiately seized by global governments as strategic assets.... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

The world is united under one Uber religion full of fanatics when the rifts break. All of the invadeing demons and aliens are attacked enmass throwing back the invaders with such violence that no one tries to carve out a piece for themselvs until now hundreds of years later.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

The lord of the deep stubs his toe on a shipwreck and dies of rust poisoning.....
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
taalismn
Priest

Feeling neglected by the Palladium press, teh Lord of the Deep packs it in and leaves one night...."THose pinheads in the black armor and skull masks get all the attention,-sniff-"

Galactic fastfood franchise discovers a new meat---XITICIX!
Coalition patrols are AMAZED by the arrival of several million d-bee supermarket employees intent on harvesting the Xiticix hives, and ignoring everybody else....'Free-Range Xiticix' begins showing up on the menu at Phase World....

Representatives of Takamatsu, Empire of Japan, Republic of Japan, The New Soviet, several Warlords, Poland, NGR, Lazlo, Lyn-Syria, Ixion, Achilles Republic, New Navy, Psyscape,Silver River Republics, Bahia, Tundra Rangers, New Camelot,etc.. ----THink of every 'good guy' nation or community and quite a few 'borderlines'---convene to share information on how best to deal with the threats in the world, share resources, and form tentative military assistance pacts... ARCHIE-3/Shemarrians, The TransDimensional Legion, the Republicans, MadHaven, the CS, either get invites or send representatives/spies anyway....intrigue and shennanigans follow!(including the drunken hotel-room-wrecking party hosted by the Federation of Magic and spilling over into the CS team's rooms...)...Other highlights: Lord Frommaline's art expo, Thoth's unexpected keynote speech, and the Horune pirate ship foundering in the hotel swimming pool...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Taalismn, that sounds like ome of the SciFi cons I've been too in the past!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Darkmax wrote:what would price a piece of art drawn by a deity before he became a power.....

A god-being appears on Earth, proves his power, and offers elevation to godhood for a handful of mortals who 'please him'...then doesn't say what the terms of 'pleasing' are....anarchy insues...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Taalismn, that sounds like ome of the SciFi cons I've been too in the past!

THought it would bring out the best and worst in Rifts folks, and create all manner of otherwise improbable alliances and events....Of COURSE the Splugorth will try something, but are they really prepared for the hotel security? And is that a REacher in the stalls of the restroom? And what just landed on the roof? Parking valets got rushed up there in an awful hurry....

Come to think of it, where would such a conference be held? And what accommodations? Who's handling accommodations and footing the bill?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

mechonoids kill anything that is not humanoid instead of everything that is humanoid. Can you say goodbye spulgorth
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

when the mechonoids return they worship something called the core a super computer of somekind which brings into being a new god with powers not unlike those of the cosmic forge but instead of being a force of good it is a force of unbridled evil that wants to wipe out everything except the mechonionds.
taalismn
Priest

The Mechanoids try time travel to COMPLETELY wipe out all human life from the very beginning...then wind up discovering/remembering that they're RELIANT on the development of human life....just as they disappear up their excretionary channels in an application of bad paradox....Dominant new megaversal lifeform, sentient cockroaches, observe this with incredulity; 'How could they be SO stupid?!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Darkmax resisentence is futile
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

so you are saying that you like to be domonatided
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:Darkmax resisentence is futile

If the Borg were all beautiful women(P.B. 20+), with hair....Well, kiss off half the human race.... :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

If the US Civil War becomes a World War1,Germany and other countries who do not like Britain will join the US side.

in 1860,A Meteor having a Bio-Weapon in it,fall in the Indian ocean,releasing it,50% of the World population dies within 1 month.

then Aliens invade.

it takes 120 years before the aliens lefted.
By accident they leave ther technology and a hand full of half made Ships.
taalismn
Priest

Psychic Wars between the United States and Soviet Union....

Chinese(or Koreans, or group of your choice) release a tailored virus that eliminates the greater percentage of everyone NOT of their particular ethnicity...survivors of the releasing ethnicity in the most affected countries are given a choice...joing the greater community or be enslaved/eliminated...Naturally immune members of the targetted ethnic groups go underground....

A 'Feel Good' virus takes the world by storm, leaving its victims permanently blissed out and at peace with everybody around them(great shades of the 'Serenity' movie!)

During the Civil War, New York declares for the Confederacy...(This actually was seriously considered by the corrupt pro-slavery. pro-Southern trade ties, administration of NYC just prior to the eruption of Civil War...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

The military coup attempt to take control of Japan and overturn the Emperor'sdecision to surrender, succeeds....The Allies are forced to both a-bomb and invade, resulting in a protracted campaign that divides Japan between a U.S.-held territory being groomed for statehood, a northern region claimed by Russia and China, and a middle ground fought over by everyone....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Wal-Mart becomes the inadvertant delivery system for a strategic bioweapon created in overseas labs. After disaster sweeps the Western world, mass starvations, and a drop in overall population, global trade collapses(except with strictest quarantine measures on the most essentials, and a 'Buy Local' economy takes over..."Buy Local, Made and Grown by People You KNOW!" "Well-travelled" becomes synonomous with 'suspicious foreigner' and possession of foreign made goods becomes tantamount to treason..Truck gardens begin appearing in all urban green-spaces and rooftops, neighborhood workshops open up agains, and a golden age of smuggling begins....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”