NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Iczer wrote:Sense Order [Minor]
'Wait aminute..something's right ....'Batts

An extremely useful ability for a super-detective to have, or a security guard...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Sense Order and Xenomorphology are kind of like stuff I was working on. Oh well...

Leaving Yourself Behind (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..."

The hero can create a psychic image/illusion which causes others in range to see the hero in a specified location even if the hero has already left.

1.Psychic Encryption: The hero creates a psychic echo of his or her energy and presence which he leaves at the location where he activates the power. The psychic presence will seem to be a real person to those encountering it unless they make a successful saving throw vs. psionics (16 or better for non-psionics, 14 or better for latent psionics, 12 or better for master psionics, ME bonus applies). This affects all those within 30 feet of the echo, plus 5 feet per level. If failing the saving throw, anyone seeing the echo will believe it is really the person, able to see, feel and smell it as such, and totally become oblivious to the presence of the actual person. The psychic echo will remain for 2d4 melee rounds, after which those seeing it will no longer detect it and, if still in the area of effect, realize they have been fooled. The hero can do this with other images as well, as this does not have to appear to be the person projecting it. The hero can set up actions for the image to perform. Creating an unmoving image expends a single actiion while setting up actions for it to perform requires an additional action, during which time the hero may be prone to attack.

2.Other bonuses:
+2d6 to ISP if applicable
+4 to save vs. psionic attack and mind control
+2 vs. Horror Factor
+1d4 ME

Making Copies(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero has the ability to create a static shell of matter, similar to matter expulsion, creating a plastic mold over his body. By stepping out of it, he can create a decoy or use it as a type of bio-armor.

1.Static Shell: The hero can solidify dust particles in contact with his skin by expelling a latex gel. The shell can be formed at a rate of one foot per melee action. It blends in with the character's skin and clothing unnoticeably. It provides a Natural AR to the areaa covered, starting at 8, with an SDC per foot of an amount equal to his ME attribute. Adding additional AR stiffens the plastic and drops the hero's speed by one point per point of AR gained; it is raised at a rate of 1 AR per melee round, using one action to do so, with a maximum AR of 15. It takes one full melee round to fully coat the character.

2.Shedding the Shell: When the AR of the shell is at 15, it can be removed and is able to stand up on its own like a plastic statue, all the extra SDC coming off with it. Removing the shell can be accomplished in 2 melee attacks/actions but tears the hero's flesh when doing so, doing 1d4 SDC damage to the hero in the process. Once removed, the shell can be sealed as such to appear to be the actual body of the hero (uses an additional action), the plastic shaped like the hero and his clothing. This can act as a decoy to allow the hero to escape, or as bait in an ambush for someone tracking him.

3.Limitations: The plastic mold will only form around the character and cannot be used to bind or to trap an opponent.

4.[u]Other Abilities and Bonuses: +1d4 ME

Coming Soon: I am sending in the clones with Water Clones, Sand Clones and Fire Clones (all majors).
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Let's see, we've got the chibi powers, so how about the ominous Giant Dimensional 5 Ton Mallet??? (Note: can only be used by women.)

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Let's see, we've got the chibi powers, so how about the ominous Giant Dimensional 5 Ton Mallet??? (Note: can only be used by women.)

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I have thought about doing a "malletverse" power, but it seems like you could accomplish the same thing with Instant Weapon. Let me work on it, though.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Let's see, we've got the chibi powers, so how about the ominous Giant Dimensional 5 Ton Mallet??? (Note: can only be used by women.)

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I have thought about doing a "malletverse" power, but it seems like you could accomplish the same thing with Instant Weapon. Let me work on it, though.

Hammerspace...it's 'hammerspace' :D

But I could see a psychological modification to weaponry and attacks based on the wielder's mindset...say, for instance, a gender-bias...weapon does DOUBLE damage to men/males, HALF damage to women/females, and regular damage to materials.....GM would have to use discretion for balancing this modification....DOUBLE damage to 'Dogs/Canines' for instance, may not always mean HALF damage to 'Cats/Felines'(the wielder may instead feel a soft spot for hamsters/rodents...).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

Hammerspace...it's 'hammerspace' :D

But I could see a psychological modification to weaponry and attacks based on the wielder's mindset...say, for instance, a gender-bias...weapon does DOUBLE damage to men/males, HALF damage to women/females, and regular damage to materials.....GM would have to use discretion for balancing this modification....DOUBLE damage to 'Dogs/Canines' for instance, may not always mean HALF damage to 'Cats/Felines'(the wielder may instead feel a soft spot for hamsters/rodents...).

I am consulting with my anime fanatic roommate to figure out the details, but what I have so far is that it will be a small vortex/rift into the pocket dimension that can be kept in a pendant or whatnot and moved using the palming skill to open the vortex between the palms or behind her back, opened by channeling energy into the chakras of the palms.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Fire Clones (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1.Creating Fire Clones: The hero has a pyrokinetic ability to construct copies of himself out of fire. These duplicates are obviously fire, generating heat and consuming oxygen while producing smoke. They are not really intelligent, only gaining intelligence as a result of the hero's mental energy, and is basically a puppet controlled by the hero.
Range: The hero can shape existing flames into humanoid shape up to a distance of 300 feet, plus 5 feet per level, line of sight.
Duration: The hero can only shape and control the fire for his ME number in minutes, plus one minute per level. They will revert to normal flames if the hero moves out of range, releases his control, is knocked unconscious or is killed.
Control Roll: Controlling the fire clones requires a control roll each melee round. This is done with a skill base of 80%, +1% per level. A failed roll means the clones move, just not as directed.
Number of uses of power: Unlimited, but each creation of an additional group of clones after his ME number of times per day, plus one time per level, creating a new batch of clones reduces the percentage chance of control of them by -5%.
Number of clones per batch: Unlimited, but each clone in a controlled group over his ME number, plus one clone per level, reduces the percentage chance of control by -2%.
Attacks: Creating clones simultaneously up to his ME number in clones, plus one clone per level, can be done using only one melee attack, action, but each clone over that number must be created using an additional attack/action. Also, each creation of clones must be followed oimmediately by a control roll or they will revert back to normal flames by the end of the melee round.

2.Clone Abilities: The clones are basically humanoid of the same build and height as the hero creating them, resembling him and mirroring his mannerisms.
IQ, MA and ME: The flame will seem eerily intelleigent as a result of the flame absorbing some of the hero's mental energy, with the IQ, MA and ME of an uncontrolled clone equal to 3 +2d4. When controlled, they simply act as puppets. Clones do not have access to the hero's memories, skills of HtoH training.
PS, PP and PE: Equal to the hero's ME number. The hero's ME bonus will act as the strike, parry and dodge bonus. Flame clones gain a +2 to strike and a +4 Autododge.
PB: Equivalent to the hero, -1d4
Speed: Uncontrolled fire clones move at twice the hero's maximum speed attrbute. When controlled, they move at a speed equal to the hero's ME attribute.
Attacks: Uncontrolled Fire Clones have a number of attacks equal to the hero who created them. When controlled, they have a number of independent attacks equal to the hero's ME bonus and otherwise cannot attack unless the hero uses an attack of his own to make them do so.
Senses: The hero cannot use the clone as a sensory device when controlling it and does not actually sense or see things through it unless possessing it (see below). Uncontrolled clones aware of their surroundings through a type of thermal radar, able to sense opponents within 30 feet, plus 5 feet per level.
Impervious to fire and heat: Fire clones take no damage from fire, plasma and heat and can absorb fire to heal up to 4d6 damage. They also do not take damage from physical attacks under their Natural AR of 14.
Dangers: The fire uses up oxygen rapidly and the lack of oxygen will cause the fire to be extinguished, destroying the clone. Intense cold, ice, chemicals or being doused with large amounts of water will cause the clones to be extinguished as well. Such attacks will have a 01-40% chance of destroying the fire clone.
There is also a chance the fire clone will set nearby materials ablaze (use the table at the end of APS fire for the percentage chances for different materials).
Horror Factor: 16
SDC: ME attribute number of the hero X 5, plus 5 per level.
HP: Not applicable.
Damage: Strikes from the fire clone do 4d6 plus any PS damage bonus (using ME as PS per notation above). Also, anyone striking the fire clone will take 4d6 damage.
Maneuvers: By creating enough clones, the hero can use them to surround an opponent, essentially creating a wall of flame, with anyone passing through it taking 4d6 damage.
Limitations: Fire clones must be created from existing flames and require materials to burn and oxygen to maintain the flames. The fire clones generate a great amount of heat and smoke.

3.Possess Clone: The hero can elect to create a single clone and possess it through a control roll done with a penalty of -40%. Upon a successful roll, the hero can control the clone for his ME number in hours as if it were his own body.
Adjustments to clone: The hero's IQ, MA and ME are transferred to the clone, as are his combat skills and HtoH, as well as all his memories and other skills. Can attack as per the hero's normal attacks.
All other attributes are as normal for the clone. When the clone's SDC is depleted, his energy will return to his normal body.
Limitation: The hero cannot throw fire balls or expel fire and suffers all the dangers a fire clone does. He cannot cause the clone to explode as a Super Nova (see APS Fire, HU2 p. 242-3) without destroying the clone and suffering from neural shock, and he would have to make a successful control roll at a penalty of -60% to do so. This is not recommended, as he would lose his ability to create fire clones for 1d4 weeks afterwards (see APS Fire #6 for the damage from such a fiery explosion), use up all attacks for the melee round and remain unconscious once back in his normal body for 1d4 hours.

4.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
Hero is himself resistant to fire and heat (half damage)
+2 to save vs. possession and mind control

GM Option: The GM may allow the hero to detonate the clones (as per the Super Nova subability of APS Fire, HU2 p. 242-3) as an attack, but this may be too overpowering ffor some games. Gms should consider the pros and cons of this before allowing it in their games. Adding Fire Ball or Fire Expulsion abilities should also be avoided unless running a higher powered game.

*Fire Ball: Use APS Fire subability (HU2 p. 242)
*Continuous Bolt of Flame: Use APS Fire subability (HU2 p. 241-2)
*Energy Expulsion: Fire: Use the minor superability (HU2 p. 231)
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Water Clones (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1.Creating Water Clones: The hero has a hydrokinetic ability to construct copies of himself out of water. These duplicates are obviously made of water and will not fool anyone into thinking they are the hero or even be made to pass for human. They are not in any way intelligent, merely being puppets controlled by the hero.

Range: The hero can shape existing fluid into humanoid shape up to a distance of 300 feet, plus 5 feet per level, line of sight.

Duration: The hero can only shape and control the water for his ME number in minutes, plus one minute per level. They will revert to normal water if the hero moves out of range, releases his control, is knocked unconscious or is killed.

Number of uses of power: The hero can only create up to his maximum number of clones an number of times equal to his ME attribute number, plus one time per level.

Number of clones per batch: The hero can create and control his ME number in clones at any given time, plus one clone per level.

Attacks: Creating clones simultaneously up to his ME number in clones, plus one clone per level, can be done using two melee attacks/actions, and uses 1 melee attack/action per melee round in concentration to maintain their humanoid shape. Attacking with the clones uses up an attack of the hero's but he can attack with all the clones at once when attacking a single target.

2.Clone Abilities: The clones are basically humanoid of the same build and height as the hero creating them, resembling him and mirroring his mannerisms.
IQ, MA and ME: Not applicable, as they are merely puppets. Clones do not have access to the hero's memories, skills of HtoH training.
PS, PP and PE: Equal to the hero's ME number. Strength is considered Extraordinary for the purpose of lifting and carrying and for calculating damage. The hero's ME bonus will act as the strike, parry and dodge bonus. Water clones gain a +2 to strike and a +1 Autododge.
PB: Equivalent to the hero, -1d4
Speed: Water clones move at a speed equal to the hero's ME attribute.
Attacks: Water Clones have a number of independent actions equal to the hero's ME bonus and can independently parry and dodge; otherwise cannot attack unless the hero uses an attack of his own to make them do so.
Senses: The hero cannot use the clone as a sensory device when controlling it and does not actually sense or see things through it. They are able to move on their own only as a result of subconscious impulses of the hero.
Impervious to physical attacks: Water clones take no damage from physical strikes or projectiles, though an explosion will destry a water clone, as will being frozen and shattered. Water clones can absorb water to heal up to 4d6 damage.
Horror Factor: 12
SDC: ME attribute number of the hero X 10.
Weight: 7 times the hero's weight.
Limitations: Water clones must be created from existing bodies of water, such as a pond, stream, swimming pool, lake, river, etc. and cannot be used outside of the water for more than the hero's ME number in feet, plus 1 foot per level. If on land, the water clone will drip and leave a wet trail, as well as make splashing sounds +30% to anyone tracking a clone).
Other: Clones can walk on water at the normal speed for them and radiate no heat.

3.Possess Clone: The hero can elect to create a single clone and possess it for his ME number in hours as if it were his own body.

Adjustments to clone: The hero's IQ, MA and ME are transferred to the clone, as are his combat skills and HtoH, as well as all his memories and other skills. Can attack as per the hero's normal attacks.
All other attributes are as normal for the clone. When the clone's SDC is depleted, his energy will return to his normal body.

Limitations: As above. The hero still thinks of himself as human and does not get the abilities of APS Liquid such as Water Behemoth and slipping through cracks, etc. He must remain in his basic humanoid shape to use the power.

+1d4 ME
Hero is himself resistant to liquid attacks (half damage)
He can hold his breath for twice normal duration while under water
+10% to swimming skills
+4 or +20% to balance checks on wet surfaces

GM Option: The GM may allow water based attacks to be used by the clones as he sees fit. As this can overly power the Water Clones, GMNS should consider this carefully before allowing water attacks to be used by the clones in their games.

*Water Bolt: Use the subability of APS Liquid (HU2 p. 246). Each bolt will cost the clone % SDC from its total available SDC.
*Whirlpool: Use the subability of CEF Water (HU2 p. 260). This is done by collapsing the clone, effectively destroying it.
*Water Slam: Use the subability from CEF Water (HU2 p. 260). This is done by altering the clone, reverting it to its base element and slamming it into the target, effectively destroying the clone.
* Water Spout: Use the subability of CEF Water (HU2 p. 260). This is done by positioning the clone below a target and then causing it to destabilize and push upwards as an attack. The clone must be in the water when doing so. This attack will destroy the clone doing it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Sand Clones (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1.Creating Sand Clones: The hero can sculpt duplicates of himself out of sand and animate them as if possessing the Art: Sculpture skill of 70%, +1% per level. When doing so, the sculptures rise out of the sand without him touching them. These duplicates are obviously made of sand and will not fool anyone into thinking they are the hero unless dressed in clothing or held in sacks made to look like clothing. If attempting to make them look human, the hero must roll a skill check (Disguise at +20% or at the base skill level if the hero does not actually possess the skill). They are not in any way intelligent, merely being puppets controlled by the hero.

Range: The hero can shape existing sand into humanoid shape up to a distance of 300 feet, plus 5 feet per level, line of sight. He can only keep them in humanoid form while they are in range.

Duration: The hero can only shape and control the sand for his ME number in minutes, plus one minute per level. They will revert to normal sand if the hero moves out of range, releases his control, is knocked unconscious or is killed.

Number of uses of power: The hero can only create up to his maximum number of clones an number of times equal to his ME attribute number, plus one time per level.

Number of clones per batch: The hero can create and control his ME number in clones at any given time, plus one clone per level. Cannot create more once this limit of active clones is reached.

Attacks: Each active clone is created seperately, requiring one attack/action when created as a detailed puppet. He then uses 1 melee attack/action per melee round in concentration to maintain their humanoid shape. Attacking with the clones uses up an attack of the hero's but he can attack with all the clones at once when attacking a single target. If not sculpting the clones or using them as puppets (see Inactive Clones below), the hero can raise as many as his ME number of clones at once, plus 1 clone per level.

2.Inactive Clones: Inactive clones can be raised around an opponent to trap them, or to form a protective barrier against an attack. These clones can be raised rapidly and in greater number than active clones.
SDC: 250 each. Take half damage from physical attacks.
AR: 14
No other attributes or abilities apply, as these clones are clearly immobile. Inactive clones cannot be made into active ones, though an inactive clone may be possessed by the hero directly ( See possess Clone subability below).
Special Duration: Inactive clones are basically sculptures and do not collapse once abandoned or once the hero is knocked unconscious or killed. They will retain their shape until destroyed or knocked down.

3.Active Clone Abilities: The clones are basically humanoid of the same build and height as the hero creating them, resembling him and mirroring his mannerisms.
IQ, MA and ME: Not applicable, as they are merely puppets. Clones do not have access to the hero's memories, skills of HtoH training.
PS, PP and PE: Equal to the hero's ME number. Strength is considered Extraordinary for the purpose of lifting and carrying and for calculating damage. The hero's ME bonus will act as the strike, parry and dodge bonus. Sand clones gain a +3 to strike.
PB: Equivalent to the hero on a successful Art: Sculpture roll; otherwise are -2d4 PB.
Speed: Sand clones move at a speed equal to one third the hero's normal movement, but this speed cannot exceed the hero's ME number.
Attacks: Sand Clones cannot attack unless the hero uses an attack of his own to make them do so. The clones cannot move on their own, other than facial and body gestures, and stand motionless when not being directed to do something.
Senses: The hero cannot use the clone as a sensory device when controlling it and does not actually sense or see things through it. Sand clones can absorb sand to heal up to 3d6 damage.
Horror Factor: 8
SDC: 250. Takes half damage from physical attacks.
Weight: Twice the hero's weight, +1d6X10 lbs.
Limitations: Sand clones must be created from existing areas of sand, such as a desert or beach and cannot be used outside of the sand for more than the hero's ME number in feet, plus 1 foot per level. If on land, the sand clone will leave a sandy trail, as well as make noise walking (+10% to anyone tracking a clone).

4.Possess Clone: The hero can elect to create a single clone and possess it for his ME number in hours as if it were his own body.

Limitations: As above. The hero still thinks of himself as human and does not get the abilities of APS Sand such as Sand Behemoth and Manipulate Shape, etc. He must remain in his basic humanoid shape to use the power. If he loses bodily integrity (such as being blown up) he cannot reform the clone and simply returns to his body.

5.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4 ME
Hero is himself resistant to sand blasts and earth based attacks (half damage)
+10% to Desert Survival
+4 or +20% to balance checks on sandy surfaces

GM Option: The GM may allow sand based attacks to be used by the clones as he sees fit. As this can overly power the Sand Clones, GMs should consider this carefully before allowing sand attacks to be used by the clones in their games.

*Sand Storm: Use the subability of APS Sand (PU1 p. 59). Note that this attack effectively destroys the clone.
*Sand Blast: Use the subability of APS Sand (PU1 p. 59). Each blast will subtract 5 SDC from the clone's total SDC.
*Sand Blind: Use the subability of APS Sand (PU1 p. 59). Each blast will subtract 3 SDC from the clone's total SDC.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have figured out how to do the malletspace power but will have to write it up still. I should have it by the end of tomorrow.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

i like the clones SG
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Oh, some of the silly things I write up as powers... So without further ado... Malletspace!

'100 Laws of Anime Physics' wrote:#37- Law of Extradimensional Capacitance- All anime females have an
extradimensional storage space of variable volume somewhere on their person from which they can instantly retrieve any object at a moment’s notice. This mysterious dimension is commonly called "Malletspace".
First Corollary (AKA The Hammer Rule)- The most common item stored is a heavy mallet, costumes/uniforms, power suits/armor, and large bazookas.

This is changed somewhat to put it into game terms, but here is what I came up with:

Malletspace(Major) by Stone Gargoyle

This power is based upon an aspect of physics appearing in anime by which female characters are able to pull objects out of seemingly nowhere simply by putting their hands behind their back. This phenomena is referred to as "Malletspace", or sometimes "Hammerspace".

1.Accessing Mallet Space: The hero has control of the energy vortexes/mini-chakras in her hands which are linked to her heart chakra. During moments of extreme emotion such as love, hate, jealousy, anger, sadness, etc., she can put the energy vortexes together and bleed out otherdimensional molecules which are something between energy and solid matter, a kind of quantum foam. Opening this kind of rift requires the character's full concentration as the emotion builds over one full melee round, but actually clasping the hands together and releasing the quantum foam during the next melee round only expends a single melee action. During the melee round that the emotion energy is building, the hero is reduced to half attacks and suffers -2 to initiative and all combat moves, as well as -10% to skill performance.

2.Creating Objects: The hero can create and solidify objects using the quantum foam, regulating how much is released, and this can be anything the hero knows how to make. Making a pie, for instance, would require a cooking skill roll, while creating a bazooka would require a skill check using the Weapons Engineer skill. Objects include, but are not limited to, guns, bladed weapons, blunt weapons, incendiary devices and clothing. An action is expended in the creation of an item once the quantum foam is released and must be done using the action following said release. Objects cannot be larger than something the hero can conceal behind her back. Once created, an object will remain solid for 2d4 melee rounds before converting back into energy. Objects created by the hero can be of extreme weight, as the hero gains the equivalent of Supernatural strength for the purpose of lifting an object created from the quantum foam. Items gain appropriate AR and SDc for the type of item created. Objects and weapons will function like the real deal, and projectile weapons and guns come fully loaded.

3.Mallet Creation: Creating a mallet as a weapon does not require any skill roll. In addition, if the hero fails her skill roll to shape the quantum foam into something else, it will always default to the form of a mallet.
Bonuses: The hero automatically gains a special weapon proficiency called WP Mallet, which will give her a +2 to strike and parry at level one, adding an additional +1 to strike and parry at levels 4, 8 and 13. The hero also gains an additional +1 to strike with the mallet against a specific target chosen when the mallet is created. Gains +2 to initiative when striking with the mallet, +2 additional against her specific target.
Damage:
Normal size mallet: 2d4 plus PS bonus
Large mallet: 3d4 plus PS bonus
Enormous mallet: 3d6 plus PS bonus
Giant mallet: 4d6 plus PS bunos
Special: All weapons will do an additional die of damage against her predetermined specific target. Note that because this power falls under the description of anime physics, the GM may allow all damage inflicted by the mallet to be temporary, lasting only until the end of one full melee round.
Specific Target: This is usually a boy she has a crush on who may or may not reciprocate feelings. The power can be triggered if he looks at or talks to another girl.

+5% to any skills used to create items from the quantum foam
+10% to machanical and electrical skills
+2 to called shots to the head
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:i like the clones SG

Thanks. They were a lot of work to write up, so knowing you like them makes me feel like it was time well spent. :D
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

SWEET, S.G. All I can say is that the MalletSpace power looks like it's going to Rock.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:SWEET, S.G. All I can say is that the MalletSpace power looks like it's going to Rock.

The power was already posted, and it indeed does rock. The power is written as closely to how it works is anime as was possible. I might do a workup of a minor version of it without the ability to create other objects other than mallets, though, to give people the option of taking it as a minor.
taalismn
Priest

Agreed...nice clone powers...I need never feel alone again... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Since we are on the subject of anime, Roscoe had posted a power a long while ago that could easily become a category. Here is my reworking of the power into a category. Let me know what you all think and any modifications that might be made.

Anime Stereo-type Hero

This is a new category based on the power by Roscoe Del'Tane as edited and written by Stone Gargoyle

*This original posting has been deleted. See edits made and the power modified in a later post - Ken*
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
taalismn
Priest

A few suggested add-ons for Anime Superhero:

(Limitations/Quirks)---Can be added at random, or can be added by choice(add an additional anime ability for the price of the Quirk/penalty)

*Absurd Sex Appeal(older characters): Character has an absurd degree of appeal to the opposite sex, even if he or she is hideously ugly, impoverished, unfaithful, or personally ill-disposed...Has 1d4 regular suitors/fiancees, +1 per every 2 points of P.B. over 15. On a roll of 18-20 on a 20-sided, at the beginning of any adventure, these suitors will show up on the scene to get in the way, require rescue from peril, and generally muck up the character...

*FaceFault---Every time another character sez or does something stupid, or simply mind-boggling, the Anime PC must roll versus his or her M.E. to
avoid dropping one's jaw in disbelief and possibly falling facefirst to the ground--the classic 'facefault'....Character loses Initiative and 1 attack/action that melee recovering.

*Terminal Shyness----In any situation of an embarassing nature involving the opposite sex(such as a rather straightforward pass, romantic ennuendo, display of flesh/flash of nudity), the character must roll versus ME, -1d6, or suffer Terminal Shyness; females blush intensely and swoon, while males bleed explosively from the nose and pass out; take 1d4 SDC damage from blood loss/slamming into the ground....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I like that suggestions, Taalismn, and have edited other bits to clarify the power some.

Anime Hero

This is a new category based on the power by Roscoe Del'Tane as edited and written by Stone Gargoyle

"Why can't I get my hair to stay down."

Character resembles a person straight out of an anime show and is subject to anime physics.

Create the character as normal with regard to basic attributes, HP and SDC. He must learn skills as per the norm but must sacrifice one skill program to replace it with a martial arts training program (N&SS recommeded for selection of exotic martial arts). The hero starts with no attacks and must gain them through his HtoH training.

The hero gets one of the following Trademarks as part of this category:

1. Trademark Weapon: The character has some weapon that is somehow different, different material, longer, thicker, etc. Whatever it looks like, it must be immediately recognizable as belonging to the character, "We'd better not mess with this sword, it belong's to Captain Psyco! You how possessive he is!". The weapon is considered unbreakable/never dulls, and does and extra die of damage (if it's a melee weapon), or shoots farther or has an extended clip (bows or guns). The weapon can also be of outragous size/length, and still able to be wielded effortlessly by the owner, but everybody else does so with no bonuses to strike/parry with it, and only does minimal damage (5d6 hammer would do 5 damage period). The weapon can gain new spell abilities and through the use of mana crystals which allow the hero to cast elemental spells with the sword. The cjaracter also has trhe ability to equip the sword with mana crystals. He gains the first slot for said crystals at level 2, then another at levels 4, 8 and 13. Each crystal has 6d6 points of PPE for the purpose of casting the type of spell it can cast which are useless once depleted. Spells cast drain half the spell cost from the character and half from the mana stone, so once the hero is low on PPE he must wait until it is replanished to cast more spells. Stones can, however, lend their PPE to other stones after level 6, creating an overall mana pool. Mana stones must be taken to a mage to be recharged once all mana is replenished.

2. Trademark Attack (this can only be chosen if the character has some other type of attack power): The character has an attack that only he can do, and it always looks really flashy with loud background music and a thematic song. The attack is able to inflict extra damage from the hero's energy aura of +1d6 every third level, the aura being of a specified type when the character is created. The attack can only be done if the character has the initiative, and must be the first attack done. The attack, if it's ranged, also has double the range and or blast radius (cannot be any attack that costs more than 3 melee attacks). The attack scores a critical hit for double on a natural 17 or better, and triple damage on a natural 20.

3. Trademark Outfit: The character has an outfit that cannot be duplicated by anybody else. No matter the skill of the maker, the outfit looks dorky, or has clashing colors, or is just plain fake looking. The Character is the only one who has the knowledge or means to make an authentic costume. The costume has a natural A.R. of 14, and has 250 S.D.C., and takes half damage from heat/cold/electrical attacks and falls. It takes about a week to make a new suit, costs about $2,000 to replace, and takes about a week or so to make. The costume tends to be bright and flashy, or otherwise very noticeable and durned near impossible to sneak in (-40% prowl skill).

As the character progresses, he gains even more Anime-esque skills/abilities. At first level and every third level he can either choose or roll on the list below.

1. Ridiculously large pockets: No matter what he wears, the character can seem to cram more junk into the pockets than should physically be possible. The only rule is that the contents have to actually fit into the pockets/under the coat, and has to weigh less then the characters combined personal weight and lifting weight.

2. Ridiculously strong strength of will: The character can, for every level plus one since choosing this feat, fight on after passing 0 Hit Points equal to his P.E with no ill effect (2nd level character with a P.E. of 17, could fight without penalty till he hits -51 hit points). After that point, he collapses into a coma like any other character.

3. Absurd jumping height: Very simple, the character can jump 20 times his P.S. up, and 30 times across. He can also fall double his leaping height without damage, always lands on his feet; even heights greater than that only do half damage.

4. Ridiculously developed body: All physical stats are considered to be extraordinary, and speed gets an extra 3d6 added to it. If chosen a second time, all stats become superhuman. Tends to have a rippling physique, and also gets a +2 to P.B. and M.A. when in situations when he's showing lots of skin.

5. Ridiculously closed mind: Automatically receives +5 save vs hostile psionics and mental magics. Even when he fails, he only takes half damage. On the downside, he tends to have a brutish and sullen appearance, and has a penalty of -3 M.A. and -2 to P.B.

6. Phenomenally lucky in combat: The character can, once per day per level, either re-roll a bad die and choose the best roll, or upgrade one of his rolls to a natural critical. Unfortunaltey, when not in combat, he tends to have horrible luck. Flock of birds pass over head, and he's the only guy out of an entire stadium to get pooped on, gets a speeding ticket for going one mile over the limit, etc, etc.

7. Amazing Social Grace: No matter what the character says when not in combat, the other party thinks very highly of them. As long as the character is smiling and says it in a pleasant tone, he can get away with insulting the popes family, religion, mode of dress, and hygiene and no one will be offended by it.

8. Animal friend: Similar to the minor power, any animals the player encounters are friendly, and will ignore the character (but not any companions) as if he wasn't there. The character may also have an animal companion with its own powers and abilities.

9. Ridiculously developed skill set: The character is considered on par with a GOD on one skill program of choice. The character gets DOUBLE the skill progression than normal, and can go beyond the normal 98% limit. Furthermore, they can accomplish any feat in half the time, at half the cost, provided they aren't doing it in combat or as part of the campaign (as long as it's for storytelling purposes its fine, but not if the character has to actually roll in game).

10. Spontaneous power surge: The character can, at anytime choose to sacrifice an attack to ramp up his energy expulsion/aura. One attack sacrificed is equal to the level of power advancement. This power temporarily burns up 2d6 Hit Points and S.D.C., and the attack that was sacrificed is gone for 10 minutes per level. With a power surge attack, if it hits, it's automatically a critical.

Notes:
* If the character takes and insanity, he can get a second Trademark. For three insanities, he can have all of them all.
* Choices 3, 4, 6, 9, and 10 can all be taken a second time, for double the bonuses, but also double the penalties.

Drawbacks:
Character has to have some kind of great quest to engage in, and or some great evil to vanquish.
Character will be frequently attacked/hounded/ pursued by rather incompetent bad guys, but the character won't be able to see through their disguises no matter how flimsy until it's almost too late to save the situation.
Character has a 50/50 chance of suffering under the fighters curse. This is where the character is forever searching for a fight/cause/immediate form of fun while on the Big Quest.
The character has to have at least two of the following: overly large eyes, spiky hair, strange hair color (purple, green, pink, etc.), strange hair style that defies gravity, strange set of normal clothes, funny accent, strange birthmark, nosebleeds when seeing anything vaugly interesting on the opposite gender, anything else that the character and G.M. feel work in this situation.

(Limitations/Quirks)---The anime hero must select from one of the following at the time the character is created:

*Absurd Sex Appeal(older characters): Character has an absurd degree of appeal to the opposite sex, even if he or she is hideously ugly, impoverished, unfaithful, or personally ill-disposed...Has 1d4 regular suitors/fiancees, +1 per every 2 points of P.B. over 15. On a roll of 18-20 on a 20-sided, at the beginning of any adventure, these suitors will show up on the scene to get in the way, require rescue from peril, and generally muck up the character...

*FaceFault---Every time another character sez or does something stupid, or simply mind-boggling, the Anime PC must roll versus his or her M.E. to
avoid dropping one's jaw in disbelief and possibly falling facefirst to the ground--the classic 'facefault'....Character loses Initiative and 1 attack/action that melee recovering.

*Terminal Shyness----In any situation of an embarassing nature involving the opposite sex(such as a rather straightforward pass, romantic ennuendo, display of flesh/flash of nudity), the character must roll versus ME, -1d6, or suffer Terminal Shyness; females blush intensely and swoon, while males bleed explosively from the nose and pass out; take 1d4 SDC damage from blood loss/slamming into the ground....

*Androgynous----At times it becomes hard to distinguish the hero's gender due to their appearance and mannerisms.

Other Stuff: The character never has any savings and will always be asking for money for ramen and other food. There is a 30% chance the hero owns a futuristic vehicle or mecha of some kind but with otherwise have to travel on foot. The hero will always have 1d4 housemates which constantly intrude on his privacy.

Experience and level progression: Use the Mega-Hero table in the back of HU2 to determine lave progression.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
taalismn
Priest

You're welcome...I shoulda come up with more, but I didn't anticipate your fast response... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:You're welcome...I shoulda come up with more, but I didn't anticipate your fast response... :D

This category obviously needs a lot of work, so anything you can come up with tto streamline it or improve upon it is more than welcome. :D
taalismn
Priest

For those of you who have done paper-based powers in the past...here's a little something to show you the powers of origami:

Scientists Take Origami SpacePlane Seriously

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-origami0405.artapr05,0,727874.story
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Could Wolfsgrin or anyone else who has a copy of the powers from the Heroes Ltd achive pass them on to Stone Gargoyle for me.

Thanks

AJ
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

Task completed, my master.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

That new catagory reminds me of an Alter Physical Structure: Anime power. :D :D :D :D

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

ZEN wrote:Could Wolfsgrin or anyone else who has a copy of the powers from the Heroes Ltd achive pass them on to Stone Gargoyle for me.

Thanks

AJ

Sounds like an expansion/consolidation of powers here...
all the better... :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

wolfsgrin wrote:Task completed, my master.

Many thanks to both of you. :D The wiki is looking really good now.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Hmmm, these new powers are all fine and good *pulls a Gendo Ikari* but I still wouldn't mind seeing the Alter Physical Structure: Mime. :D That'd be VERY terrifying to see a villian pull off. Maybe with a beam that turns people into mimes (I seen that on a Totally Spies episode that my sister watched once :frazz: ).

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

Okay, you want Mime powers, you got them. Still working on APS Mime, though.

Mime Box(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can shoot an energy beam to erect an invisible force cube, to a range of 200 feet, plus 20 feet per level. This creates a force cube 10'X10'X10' which generates an illusion around the target trapped. The energy inside the cube will alter the person's appearance from outside the cube, making them appear to be a mime. The cage itself has an SDC equal to the hero's PEX10. Creation of the cube counts as 2 melee attacks/actions. The force field cube has a duration of 10 minutes, plus 2 minutes per level, and the hero can create one such cube per hour per level. Air will pass through the field but sound will not, making the "mime" appear to mouth words silently and unable to hear anything from outside the cube.
Since the trapped target will appear to be a mime, most people will tend to ignore the target or stop and watch thinking it is a performance as the target struggles to free himself from the cage. A saving throw vs. illusion (14 or better, ME bonus applies) is required for the average person to realize the "mime" needs help. No save is needed if the person actually witnessed the target being trapped.

Mime Control(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can shoot a type of energy which will surround the target with a hypnotic psychic energy.

Efftects:
*Making Mime: The energy surrounding the target is hypnotic in nature and will put the target into a trance where he behaves like a mime, as wel as blocking the speech center of the brain, unless he makes a successful saving throw. If the hero saves vs. this effect, the other effect may still occur.
*Mime Appearance: The energy around the target also has a hypnotic efftect on all those looking at the target who are within 100 feet, plus 10 feet per level, making them see the target as an actual mime unless they make a successful saving throw.

Range: The hero can shoot the surge of mental energy along a mental wave for a distance of 100 feet, plus 50 feet per level, line of sight.

Duration: Strikes instantly, with effects lasting 2d4 melee rounds.

Saving Throw: 16 or better for non-psionics, 14 or better for latent, minor and major psionics, and 12 or better for natural or master psionics, ME bonus applies.

Bonus to Strike: Use the hero's ME bonus.

Other Bonuses:
+4 to save vs. psionics, mind control ans hypnosis
+1d4 ME
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Control Mimes (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can gain control of mimes by mentally attacking the motor cortex of their brains. The mime will obey the mental commands of the hero unless making successful saving throw.

Range: 100 feet. Mimes must remain in range to be controlled.

Duration: 10 minutes per level, but the mime being controlled may make a save to break the control each melee round, suffering a penalty of -1 cumulative with each unsuccessful save.

Attacks: Gaining control of a mime takes 2 melee attacks/actions. Issuing a new set of commands must be done at least once per melee round and uses 1 attack/action.

Saving Throw: Mimes may make a saving throw to shrug off the effect at 14 or better, ME bonus applies.

Damage: The mime will suffer -2 to initiative and -1 to strike, parry and dodge while being controlled.

Number Controlled: The hero can control up to his ME number in mimes at once, plus 1 mime per level.

Limitations:
*Line of Sight: To control a mime, the subject must be visible and in range. If the mime steps out of range, he immediately snaps out of it.
*Mimed Actions: To gain control of the mime, the hero must successfully pantomime the actions appearing to hypnotize it.

Other Abilities and Bonuses:
The hero has a Pantomime skill of 70%, +1% per level, for the purpose of miming actions.
+6 vs. possession, mind control, hypnosis and psionics
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mimery (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1.Mime Shift: The hero is able to shift his physical body partially out of phase into an alternate reality. This allows the hero to use objects from that reality in this one, thought the items will appear nonexistant to anyone who cannot See the Invisible, nondetectible with any sensory equipment. These objects include ladders, bicycles and weapons. Such invisible weapons are +1 to strike and impose a penalty on the defender of -4 to dodge or parry. Invisible bullets will penetrate AR as if the AR were 2 points lower. The hero himself gains a natural AR due to being phased of 10 against physical strikes and projectile weapons, including bullets. Energy attacks are not protected against. Any physical attacks by the hero will only inflict half damage, but he will also take half damage from physical strikes.

2.Effects: The hero loses all sense of hearing and speech to interact with his normal dimension, as sound is negated when phased. While this makes him Impervious to Sonic Attacks and Soundwaves and gives him +10% to Prowl, it also prevents any sort of verbal communication. The character will also appear as extreme hues, appearing black and white (his skin becoming pale white, as if wearing stage makeup, and any dark colors he is wearing becoming black and any light colors he is wearing becoming white). While out of phase, the hero becomes reduced to half attacks and moves at half normal speed. His weight is also reduced, giving him +10% to Acrobatic and Gymnastics skills.

3.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+20% to sign language and pantomime skills
Can See the Invisible even when not phase shifted
+4 to save vs. Horror Factor
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Mimes!?! I leave for a bit and this is what happens. lmao. good stuff
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

wolfsgrin wrote:Mimes!?! I leave for a bit and this is what happens. lmao. good stuff

Blame Rathorc Lemenger. He keeps insisting on someone making mime powers, specifically APS Mime.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Spark of Life (Minor)

By Senator Cybus

“It’s alive! IT’S ALIVE! Well, for the next three minutes it is, anyway.”

With just a touch, the super being can channel his life force into the lifeless, allowing him to actually resurrect the dead. Just not for very long…

This reanimation requires physical contact with the chosen corpse, and the expenditure of 1D6 Hit Points for each minute of life that the character wishes to grant to his target (up to the maximum time allowed for his level; see Duration below).

Instantly, the cadaver will be brought back to full life, with all of his/her memories intact and all S.D.C./Hit Points restored. The energy transferred via Spark of Life can even compensate for the loss of previously vital organs, like the heart or lungs; somehow, the person can function just fine without them. The hero can resurrect corpses that are missing up to 75% of their original mass (as long as the head is included and still mostly intact).

The downside of this ‘quick and dirty’ form of resurrection is the extremely limited duration. Once the time is up, the recipient of the spark drops down dead again, even if the wounds that originally killed them have healed: the forced overload of bio-energy rips them apart on the inside, beyond any ability to regenerate.

This power is great for interrogating murder victims, giving fallen comrades one last shot at victory and for throwing truly memorable Halloween parties.

Range: Touch.
Duration: One minute per level of experience. The character does not have to grant the maximum duration of life, and can reduce the time by increments of one minute as desired.
Only relatively fresh corpses can be reanimated; the character can resurrect bodies that are one day old plus one day per level of experience.
Bonuses:
2D4+10 Hit Points.
Gain an extra 1D4 Hit Points per level.
+5% to save vs. coma/death.
Limitations:
Use of this power inevitably destroys the nervous system of the reanimated individual: once the Spark of Life fades, the corpse cannot be resurrected again by any known means, including the spark of other super beings.

While the spark can compensate for missing internal organs, it cannot restore lost limbs or sensory organs. A body can’t be resurrected if 50% or more of the brain is missing; more accurately, it can be brought back to life, but only as a big piece of twitching, mindless meat. Being reanimated in this way does not make a person invulnerable; he/she can still be damaged normally and potentially killed again before the spark has expired.

This power cannot be used to heal or augment the living, only to raise the dead. The character cannot use it to resurrect himself.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:Spark of Life (Minor)

By Senator Cybus

:D Nice!
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

By Senator Cybus

:D Nice!

Thanks! :-D

Gotta say, I like your Mimery power a lot. Very cool abilities. So it's a shame I could never use it, due to the association with those filthy mimes. ;)
taalismn
Priest

Agreed...'Spark of Life' rocks...it's a power with both comic and grotesque possibilities...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Senator Cybus wrote:Gotta say, I like your Mimery power a lot. Very cool abilities. So it's a shame I could never use it, due to the association with those filthy mimes.

None of the powers has to be used for mimes, they just were crreated for use by them. If you get rid of the light altering effect and call it something else, Mimery makes a good alternative to Intangibility.
Sorry you don't like the mimes, cuz here I go with another mime power.

Make Mimes(minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The hero can animate puppets of a size up to his own body mass by psionically charging an area of ground beneath them. The charges will contain preprogrammed actions the puppet will act out. The puppet is only animated while in the charged area and will collapse if drawn or pulled out of the area. This can be used by the character to create decoys resembling himself or performers to be used as distractions, such as mimes, clowns, dancers or acrobats. The puppet can only be programmed to perform actions the hero is capable of and only on a successful skill roll. After first level, the hero will be able to create more than one, so if he has two or more active at a time and their charged areas overlap, the puppets can be made to interact.

Range: Touch. Creates an area the hero's ME attribute number in feet in diameter.

Attacks: The hero must charge the area for one full melee round. The puppet may be made to perform a number of actions equal to those of the hero per melee round.

Number of Puppets: The hero can create as many puppets as he likes provided he has the skill and materials, but is only able to animate one puppet per level at any given time.

Skills: Programming a puppet to move properly requires a successful Puppetry skill roll at 30%, +5% per level, and successful skill rolls by the hero must be made for and skills to be used by the puppet.

Skill Bonuses: +10% to Acrobatics and Gymnastics, Dance and any other performance art skills, plus carpentry if used to make a wooden puppet; +5% to Disguise.

Note that the charge will be felt by any psionics in the area, and since the puppets do not radiate psychic energy of their own they will not fool psychics. They also do not radiate heat and so will not fool anyone using thermal sensors.

Other Abilities and Bonuses: +1d4 ME
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

First of all, it was a 1 time thing that I wanted to get off my chest (maybe 2) simply because I figured that it'd be interesting to have a villan with that type of power (you know, April fools gag??). :D :D :D

And second, I think I created a monster when I suggested the power.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:First of all, it was a 1 time thing that I wanted to get off my chest (maybe 2) simply because I figured that it'd be interesting to have a villan with that type of power (you know, April fools gag??). :D :D :D

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

You have to realize that since I write variants, I will write every possible way you could create mime effects using powers. You did not realize that before making the suggestion, obviously. :lol:
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Rathorc Lemenger wrote:First of all, it was a 1 time thing that I wanted to get off my chest (maybe 2) simply because I figured that it'd be interesting to have a villan with that type of power (you know, April fools gag??). :D :D :D

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

You have to realize that since I write variants, I will write every possible way you could create mime effects using powers. You did not realize that before making the suggestion, obviously. :lol:

oh Rathorc, welcome to the power board. lol SG is a variant machine. It slices, it dices, it whatever else that ryhmes in that scheme, its the SG Variant Power-O-Matic Machine. :P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

wolfsgrin wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

oh Rathorc, welcome to the power board. lol SG is a variant machine. It slices, it dices, it whatever else that ryhmes in that scheme, its the SG Variant Power-O-Matic Machine. :P

Yeah, so if you want something other than powers based on mimes, drop another idea into the machine. :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

'Wait a minute..something's right ....'

...snip...

Xenomorphology [Major]
'Oh what have I just turned into?'

The character can transform into creatures of inhuman origin. His transformations are random expressions of genetic alteration. It takes two actions to transform, and when the character does, randomly roll for the following.

...snip
Batts

The sense order is much like what was presented in the Bubblegum crisis comics years ago where they introduced the idea of person that was able to be a super analysis and able to predict patterns from data.

Wouldn't Xenomorphology be transforming into something of 'extraterrestrial' origin? Since the term Xeno- is used to mean 'life of extra terrestrial origin'.

By Senator Cybus

With just a touch, the super being can channel his life force into the lifeless, allowing him to actually resurrect the dead. Just not for very long…

......snip

Torchwo..... 8)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Re: NEW POWERS!

It's not the size of your post... :lol:
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I thought of a CREEPY APS. Imagine having a character who's terrified of bugs having the Alter Physical Structure: Maggot. Now there's an interesting power for you to create SG. ooohhhhh.... What about APS: Cow Patty???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
NMI
OLD ONE

Re:

Unread post by NMI »

'Wait aminute..something's right ....'

Shouldnt this read as:
'Wait aminute..something's not right ....'
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I thought of a CREEPY APS. Imagine having a character who's terrified of bugs having the Alter Physical Structure: Maggot. Now there's an interesting power for you to create SG. ooohhhhh.... What about APS: Cow Patty???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

There have been powers like that, specifically APS: Swarm and Horde. You really should browse the old posts to see what has and has not been done already. 8)
Big Red
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Big Red »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I thought of a CREEPY APS. Imagine having a character who's terrified of bugs having the Alter Physical Structure: Maggot. Now there's an interesting power for you to create SG. ooohhhhh.... What about APS: Cow Patty???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I thought about writing up a Rifter 9.5-ish article featuring not quite right powers, including APS: Excrement. I abandoned it after jotting down a few notes just because, not only did I think there was no way it'd see print, but I got to thinking there was no way it ought to see print.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Big Red wrote:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I thought about writing up a Rifter 9.5-ish article featuring not quite right powers, including APS: Excrement. I abandoned it after jotting down a few notes just because, not only did I think there was no way it'd see print, but I got to thinking there was no way it ought to see print.

There actually is a site that has a power called APS: Feces listed there, and I myself have powers in my personal files that are too repugnant or sexually explicit to post here or even post a link to.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Big Red wrote:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

There actually is a site that has a power called APS: Feces listed there, and I myself have powers in my personal files that are too repugnant or sexually explicit to post here or even post a link to.

I did have a magic spell Curse of the Bimbo that created an ectoplasmic entity that would appear on the victim's arms at inconvenient times, combined with a telepathic suggestion to anybody in range that would whisper innuendos in their ears, devastating the reputation of the targetted person...May have to update that..maybe call it the 'Spitzer Sprite'...But I'm sure something similar could be drawn up as a power...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Big Red
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Big Red »

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Big Red wrote:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I did have a magic spell Curse of the Bimbo that created an ectoplasmic entity that would appear on the victim's arms at inconvenient times, combined with a telepathic suggestion to anybody in range that would whisper innuendos in their ears, devastating the reputation of the targetted person...May have to update that..maybe call it the 'Spitzer Sprite'...But I'm sure something similar could be drawn up as a power...

I wrote a Rifts book years ago, of which nothing ever came. I ended up cannibalizing my best stuff out of it for other projects (the first of which I'm finally nearing completion on). One that I made some headway on but never got very far with was a book of lost mystic arts. I had created two or three new styles of magic for the Rifts book, one of which was pretty horriffic. I figured it'd be cool to have a book consisting of all these odd schools of magic, so I came up with 8-10. Aside from the ones from the original book, the only one that I got very far on was the Tantric magic section (I was reading the Wild Cards novels at the time). I think I had 20-30 pages of material completed before I came to the realization that most of it was unprintable, at least for a Palladium Book. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something you'd see put out by PB. Unfortunately, I never got back to that.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”