Northern Gun 1 & 2

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Northern Gun 1 & 2

Unread post by Mack »

While legitimate, and constructive, criticism is encouraged, personal attacks are not.

Please maintain the level of civility we've all enjoyed in this discussion.

Thanks,
Mack
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Sorry Mack.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Hey, NG 1&2 are Right around the corner!. Kev will be getting started on them just as soon as he finishes the Vampire sourcebook.

Last edited by Colonel_Tetsuya on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:Hey, NG 1&2 are Right around the corner!. Kev will be getting started/ on them just as soon as he finishes the Vampire sourcebook.

Personally....I expect NG1 by June.....with NG2 maybe by September and Megaverse in Flames by years end.....But that's me.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Icefalcon
Champion

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:Hey, NG 1&2 are Right around the corner!. Kev will be getting started on them just as soon as he finishes the Vampire sourcebook.

We'll see. I am not holding out any hope that they will see serious attention with the release of the Robotech Tactics gearing up.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

I wrongly assumed like the lumiria one that by doing the kickstarter/crowd funding that northern gun would be the next things out.....
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Poor mangement by the management on the Kickstarter thang.
The whole POINT of doing the Kick-Starter is to make sure that the product that is being kick-started is the VERY NEXT PROJECT RELEASED. :frust: :thwak:
-pant pant pant-
-ahem-
But as has been stated by the powers-that-be previously; they are getting sick and tired of people constantly re-stating the obvious...even though it IS obvious that those re-stating things have a point to make.
So we have to wait another month to half a year...
How about those of us wating on 'Megaverse in Flames'? Nearly a year & half delayed.
Mind you, it wasn't Kicked, so yeah it gets to fall by the wayside because everyone wants sparkly spanish-speaking undead that can be ganked with squirtguns. *shrug*
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

DhAkael wrote:How about those of us wating on 'Megaverse in Flames'? Nearly a year & half delayed.

Try 5 years...

If you don't believe me, look in Rifter 42, page 9 iirc.

Megaverse in Flames was due out in Fall of 2008.

I have been dying for this book to come out, and was really looking forward to it.

Now... I am just hoping it is out by XMas 2013.
Icefalcon
Champion

Athos wrote:
DhAkael wrote:How about those of us wating on 'Megaverse in Flames'? Nearly a year & half delayed.

Try 5 years...

If you don't believe me, look in Rifter 42, page 9 iirc.

Megaverse in Flames was due out in Fall of 2008.

I have been dying for this book to come out, and was really looking forward to it.

Now... I am just hoping it is out by XMas 2013.

Yeah, but that book was not pre-funded by the fans though.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

While delays happen and hearing about the delays can be annoying. Why would anyone think that constant delays are going to make anyone happy. I also agree with DhAkael in that a product that is kickstarted is given full priority over anything and everything else. Not pushed to the side. Hopefully it was a learning process and next time they do something similar we do not also see a similar mistake on their part.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
earthhawk

Unread post by earthhawk »

I had planned to write a really long and sarcastic post concerning the Northern Gun offers but I decided not to. Instead I'll say this: if you let someone borrow money on the promise that they would pay you back but never did, would you let them borrow money again? I think most people on this forum would say no. Well, having another Insider offer without the last Insider being fulfilled is the same thing. You can't keep asking for money without producing product to show for it. No lender in the world would approve your loan if this was your business model.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

earthhawk wrote:I had planned to write a really long and sarcastic post concerning the Northern Gun offers but I decided not to. Instead I'll say this: if you let someone borrow money on the promise that they would pay you back but never did, would you let them borrow money again? I think most people on this forum would say no. Well, having another Insider offer without the last Insider being fulfilled is the same thing. You can't keep asking for money without producing product to show for it. No lender in the world would approve your loan if this was your business model.

Well there are plenty of people who do keep lending though, most people don't actually stop after the first loan that wasn't paid back it takes several before they go 'okay that's enough I'm not doing this anymore'. Human nature sometimes does favor that, under the idea that as a good person you give the benefit of the doubt and believe that this time for sure they'll pay things back. So people keep 'lending' to Palladium in hopes it will pay off.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Talk about late...

so there i was re-reading Rifts Japan (which i never really gave much attention to when it came out, even though i bought it) last night....

"already working on a supplement that will focus on all the gods, oni, and supernatural beings that fill Japanese mythology; will also focus on magic powers and Shinto priests; likely to be a big book (160 to 220 pages)" - some paraphrasing there. this, however, is a direct quote:

It will be available in early 1996

The italicized will is like that in the text.

Also slated for 1996, apparently:
Juicer Uprisings, Lemuria and Easter Island, Northern Gun, The New West, and Lonestar. (Bold emphasis mine).

.. so, in retrospect, seems like Norther Gun is something like, oh... Seventeen Years Late. O.o

also "likely releases" including Rifts Chi-Town or the Coalition States (one assumes this became CWC), The Omegan Order, and Cyber Knights.

.... wth is the Omegan Order?
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Icefalcon
Champion

earthhawk wrote:I had planned to write a really long and sarcastic post concerning the Northern Gun offers but I decided not to. Instead I'll say this: if you let someone borrow money on the promise that they would pay you back but never did, would you let them borrow money again? I think most people on this forum would say no. Well, having another Insider offer without the last Insider being fulfilled is the same thing. You can't keep asking for money without producing product to show for it. No lender in the world would approve your loan if this was your business model.

I certainly wouldn't lend money to someone like that again. And I am certainly not giving any money to Palladium until I have the results of my last investment.
Icefalcon
Champion

I hope that we see some more news about these books in tomorrow's weekly update. I would like a bit more than "working on it next and it is great".
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Icefalcon wrote:I hope that we see some more news about these books in tomorrow's weekly update. I would like a bit more than "working on it next and it is great".

Do things really change often enough to make weekly updates worthwhile?

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Icefalcon
Champion

flatline wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:I hope that we see some more news about these books in tomorrow's weekly update. I would like a bit more than "working on it next and it is great".

Do things really change often enough to make weekly updates worthwhile?

--flatline

Not usually but I keep hoping to see more information on just how much of the book is done and ready for typesetting/layout.

Return to “Rifts®”