NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by NMI »

Hembree77 wrote:This power should count as all your abilities. I designed this power because most of my friends are major power munchin gamers, these guys make most smig gamers look like noobs, but as i live in a small town with very few gamers i have limited choices. Also note that as this is a really powerful ability i made curtain that it also had drawbacks. The only ability that is always on is the Regeneration, past that the person with this armor MUST use the armor to use abilities(I.E. to fire energy from the hands you must have the arm u wish to fire from armored, to use any abilities in the HUD u must have your head armored. to Flight requires full body armoring.) The Person must also choose style, and 3 colors.. Base color, trim, and highlight color.
For test play of this i went with the most resent i had seen. Iron Man.
Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

Mega-Armor (Major super power)
A.R. of 14 1D6 x 100 S.D.C
General Abilities
1. Retractable Plating
The character can create a complete body covering of a natural metallic substance. This armor can appear in any design that the player wishes. In this form, the character has an A.R. of 14, any rolls to strike above 14 will do damage to the character, anything equal to or below will do no damage. Area effect damage, such as explosives, will do half damage. Normal strength punches, kicks, and blunt or bladed strikes doing less than 20 damage do no damage, despite the roll to strike. The hero can mentally retract or deploy his armor at will.
2. Sealed Systems
While in the armor form, all a character's portals to the outside world are closed off from the rest of the world. Not even air
can reach the character through the metal hide. When in this form, all a character's bodily functions are made more efficient
and air is recycled. The hero's air, food, and water supply will be enough to last his PEx5 minutes+ 2 minutes per lvl.
3. Impervious to Outside Conditions
While in armor, the conditions outside are of little matter to the hero. The vacuum of space, including re-entry pressure of deep water, radiation, freezing temperatures (to -100 degrees Fahrenheit), intense heat (up to 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit), poisonous atmosphere or unusual gravity, all will have little or no effect on the hero within the armor
4.) Electronic Cloaking (as per power in HU2 except the abilities of cloaking are only active while armor is active
5.) Flight: 300 mph +50mph per lvl.
6.) Super Human P.S., Superhuman P.P., Superhuman P.E.
7.) Weightlessness
8.) Impact/Energy Resistance
9.) Regeneration

Hands
1.) Energy Expulsion: Kinetic Pulse
Fires from chest and hands. The energy it fires is part energy and part kinetic.
Hands Damage: 3d6+1d6 Range: 100ft+20ft lvl
Chest Damage: 1d6x10 + 1d6x10 @ lvls 4, 8, 12.
2.) Explosive Energy Spheres: Damage 5d6 Range: 1000ft
Except with these changes: Force points is limited to PEx10+100 per lvl
3.) Holographic recorder and projector: Records everything the Character experiences whether in armor or out of armor. Must have at least a hand armored to play back.

HUD
1.) Radar Range: 600ft +100ft per lvl. Bonuses: +4 Initiative, +2 Parry/Dodge/Strike, +1 Attack.
Abilities:
A)Interpreting Shapes: 50%+5%
B)Estimating Distance: 60%+5%
C)Estimating Direction: 60%+5%
D)Estimating Speed: 40%+4%
E)Estimate Location: 50%+4%
2.) Targeting Range: +50% Bonuses: +1 attack, +2Stirke/Dodge projectiles
3.) Adv. Sight Range: 2miles + 1mile after 2nd.
4.) Electromagnetic sight Same as power
5.) Frequency absorption Range: 1000ft.
Abilities:
A) Jam All Transmissions: Can stop all radio, T.V., Satellite, and Microwave Transmissions by concentrating.
B) Radio Communications: Character can Act as a short wave radio, boosting range buy up to 300miles.
C) Absorb Microwaves
D) GPS
E) Sense Communication systems:
Can sense any communication devices in range. 65%+5%
6.) Life Sense
Same as power, with the exception that all life forms can be sensed. Range 400ft
7.) Abnormal Energy sense Same as power
8.) Vocalization:
Amplify Speaking: Range Half Mile. +2 to Awe/Horror Factor
Power of Command: 100ft radius 12 or better saves.

This power should count as all your abilities.
I would say it would count as all of the PC's abilities and the abilities of his/hers teammates abilities!
This came out to roughly 5 Majors and 16 minor super abilities!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:This power should count as all your abilities.
I would say it would count as all of the PC's abilities and the abilities of his/hers teammates abilities!

it should have about 7 achillies heels add to the character as well
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Hembree77 wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:

the guys i game with on average have usually have between 20-25 powers, coupled with multiple occs, and other stuff.
in comparison the test play character and almost all my characters stick to the book. but being as this is the only game
group in my town, not to mention within 50miles of where i live.
as to the combination above.....i know how many powers are there, some of the powers listed are listed there because
i was using a sub-power off of it.

no i get that i think we have all played with one or two of them, if you gm try talking them into a normal power game but keep posting dont take off do to a little criticisms my first few post were really bad (and not just for my spelling :lol: )
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Hembree77 wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:

the guys i game with on average have usually have between 20-25 powers, coupled with multiple occs, and other stuff.
in comparison the test play character and almost all my characters stick to the book. but being as this is the only game
as to the combination above.....i know how many powers are there, some of the powers listed are listed there because
Yeah, dont get me wrong, even though I think that this power as it is, is a bit over the top; for your group and all that jazz, I am sure it works out great! Kudos for posting it.
What I could see being done with this power, is perhaps turning it in to a O.C.C. or something of the sort.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Dang...'Mega-Armor'?
Well..now I know how I'm going to equip the child support collection agents we're sending to call on Zeus... :-D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Hembree77 wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:

That is really an inane way to play.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Icy Stare (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"And then he gave me a cold look...brrr, I can still feel it."
4. Thermal Invisibility: The superbeing's body temperature is so low that he does not show up on thermal sensors.

If the superbeing's temperature is lower then their surrounding area, then wouldnt they still show up on thermo as a cold spot?

Yes. He'd be a black figure instead of matching the ambient environment.

Hembree77 wrote:the guys i game with on average have usually have between 20-25 powers, coupled with multiple occs, and other stuff.

What are the villains like? Because if I was given 20-25 powers I could probably make a juggernaut that can really clean house and is just about unkillable. It's hard to GM one juggernaut like that, let alone a group. It sounds like a group with attention deficit disorder who can't make a decision. They read through the book and they're like a kid in a candy store, just can't decide what they want, so they want it all. Why do they insist on so many powers? I don't get it.

"I wanna...wanna...uh...juicer occ, and uh...invulnerability...sonic flight, supernatural strength, ever extraordinary attribute power, every 'immune to ____' power, every 'impervious to ____' power, massive damage capacity, multiple lives, super regeneration, zombie flesh, regeneration: ultima, intangibility. There...that sounds like a GM migraine waiting to happen. Oh yeah, and I rolled all 18's or higher on stats before adding in my insane bonuses from abilities." If this is honestly how they want to play, they're playing the wrong RPG. Suggest they check out Exalted. I hear the characters in that are supposed to be demigods/gods.

Honestly, if you don't like this playstyle, you'd do better to try to get a few other people interested in trying it and starting your own group. I'd rather not play at all than play with a group whose playstyle I can't stand. That's part of the reason I don't play now, the good group graduated college and moved away, the other group I know of I refuse to play with. They can't have characters with less than 600 MDC and 50 supernatural PS. And the NPCs are demigods, even the villains, so we just go on B.S. minion jobs while we stand back and listen to the GM describe epic battles we're too weak to participate in. I did that for about two sessions then realized that this is the norm for that group.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

Campaign like that, you sneeze, you accidentally wipe out a neighborhood.... :oops:

Actually, if I want extra powers heaped on top of existing classes, there's always hardware or magic items...So I've had a Natural Genuis with super-powered power armor and a Natural Genuis who's a full-conversion cyborg from birth....

But if you can, like Doc E.E. Smith's Gray Lensemen, swing the jets, like 20-25 powers, and you're having fun in your games, well, to paraphrase Emilio Lizzardo, a real scientist, "MORE POWER TO YOU!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Bounce-Back Smack Attack(Minor)
“I’m down....but I’m back up again!”
This power allows the superbeing, when attacked in melee combat and struck, to automatically bounce back, much like a bozo-punching bag, and deliver a blow in return to the attacker, without using up any of his normal number of attacks. Example: Sockerbocker gets punched out by Shadowfist and falls back, but then recoils and snaps back up into Shadowfist’s face, delivering a headbutt into the ninja’s teeth. Sockerbocker can then use his regular number of attacks to proceed pummeling the stunned ninja in the gut and groin. Every time Shadowfist punches or kicks his opponent in return, Sockerbocker gets to deliver yet another extra attack to punch up the ninja.
This power is limited to punches, headbutts, and other upper body strikes on the part of the superbeing. Ranged powers CANNOT be used.
Range: Melee
Duration: Takes 1 APM to keep this power up for 1 melee
Effects: Automatic retaliatory melee attack. Does NOT work against magic, psionics, or ranged attacks(if Shadowfist in the example were able to back up and start throwing darts, his opponent would be in trouble). The automatic attack has NO to Strike bonuses. It does NOT work if the superbeing is knocked unconscious.
Other Bonuses: *Does NOT lose initiative from knock-down/knockback attacks, including concussion strikes.
*+3 to Maintain Balance
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Hembree77 wrote: They do have a several rules for there games thou.....1) u must have a character concept...like if its an existing superhero from a comic, it will have it along the lines of that character.....2) Zombie/invulnerability flesh cannot be used in conjunction with MDC.

There is another problem, though many GMs allow MDC, HU is not designed for it. It is a thinking game. and anyone trying to solve problems by smashing stuff usually has a building fall on him in my first session.

Hembree77 wrote:in this group there are power combinations im not allowed to take because the GM has nightmares trying to stop me...Pause temporal flow and stretch time. or Shadow manipulation, Aps Shadow, and APs light...had a toon that was called black light...

No offense, but you try some really stupid combinations and then blame others for doing the same. Anyone who consistently did what you are describing woud get bounced out of my group quick.

Hembree77 wrote:the main reason these guys make characters with so many powers and classes is that they arent mental giants.... one of the guys, u could give him every power in the book, and have only 1 minor, and still kick his butt up one coast and down the other. the other guy in the group has inferiority issues.

If I were the GM, I would force the person to take minimal powers, maybe one major and two minors, until they learned to use what powers they have effectively rather than let them take all kinds of powers and still feel ineffective. If you cannot play your character without having to constantly pull the book out then you should not be grabbing more junk to constantly look up.
It may also be the GM is making the villains too powerful and feels he has to give people ridiculous amounts of stuff to combat it rarther than tone the level down and run a balanced and fair game.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Play nice people!
Not all people play by the same rules.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Whoo-Hoo! After a long absence, I LIVE AGAIN! Sorry about the long wait guys, Real Life interfered. My grandma had ...an incident, and needed a live in 'elderly person'-sitter for a while, no net at her place :cry: .

Anti-Tongues [minor]
"My fellow grapefruits Hey!, stop sign, thank you, turn around, doing doing, horseshoe, turtle ugudugadugadugadugadugaduga! Blarf-adoogle! Cars are an excellent piece of lotion!"

This character has the ability to cause their targets to make up their own language on the spot (actually causes their brain to randomly choose new words instead of those desired). Alternatively, the character can make an attack against everyone within 10 feet (plus one per level) with a duration in melee rounds instead of minutes.

Range: 150 feet plus 10 feet per additional level
Duration: Special! Take 30, subtract the targets M.E., and turn it into minutes; add 5 per additional level.
Savings Throw: vs. Psionics, -2 (specific attack, made to punch through mental defenses)

Reverse Teleportation [Major]
"Me? I can't fly, or pass through walls, or teleport myself" FMAB! "I make them come to me!"

As long as the character knows exactly where something is in relation to them (or see it accurately), s/he can pop it right into their greedy little hands. This power will not work across planetary distance or between dimensions, strictly one planet at a time (in orbit would work, maybe the moon of a planet, but that would be a GM call)

Range: Conditionally unlimited, they have to know exactly where the item will be/is. So if their purse is stolen, and they don't have a GPS/Telescopic sight, etc. etc. you can't just say, "I teleport my stuff back to me" and expect it to work.

If something is bolted/tied down, locked in a box/behind glass, you can simply port it out (or do the same to the restraining items). The item being teleported doesn't HAVE to end up in their hands, as long as they can see where it is to land/end up (so you could drop an anvil on somebody if you wanted to, but it would be a blind attack, or port a bunch of marbles into the security guards path etc).

The only three limiters are EVERYTHING connected to it must be taken, so you can't just take the top off a box (unless it is designed to do so(multiple unconnected items in close proximity, like inside a bad or box count as one 'item')), it cannot weigh more than 50 pounds plus five per level, and you cannot teleport the item into another item. The last limiter is because two items cannot share the same space at the same time, though for game plays sake we'll assume that there is some displacing action involved in the teleport, so things can be teleported into thin air/liquids just fine, just not into people/buildings/vault doors etc.

Each Teleport takes three melee actions (two actions at level 6, and only one at level 12), during which NO other actions can take place. If the Teleporter is attacked/jostled/dropped suddenly, etc. They must make a save vs. pain to avoid losing the item, and add another action to the trip (so you could keep somebody porting something forever if you keep hitting them enough).

Sorry these aren't fleshed out more, just something I had bouncing around in my head while looking after a grumpy old lady. Will fix them later on if they need it. Also got an idea for a new power category, that one needs a LOT of work, but should be up by the end of the week (fingers crossed)
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:Whoo-Hoo! After a long absence, I LIVE AGAIN! Sorry about the long wait guys, Real Life interfered. My grandma had ...an incident, and needed a live in 'elderly person'-sitter for a while, no net at her place :cry: .

Anti-Tongues [minor]
"My fellow grapefruits Hey!, stop sign, thank you, turn around, doing doing, horseshoe, turtle ugudugadugadugadugadugaduga! Blarf-adoogle! Cars are an excellent piece of lotion!"

This character has the ability to cause their targets to make up their own language on the spot (actually causes their brain to randomly choose new words instead of those desired). Alternatively, the character can make an attack against everyone within 10 feet (plus one per level) with a duration in melee rounds instead of minutes.)

Flibber-flabber norse celery garin-yarrgh! :ok:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Kinda got quiet in here. I am working on several powers but they are not ready yet.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Kinda got quiet in here. I am working on several powers but they are not ready yet.

Likewise..Time has NOT been on my side...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Kinda got quiet in here. I am working on several powers but they are not ready yet.

Yeah, a lot of appointments this past week and whatnot, on top of putting together more comic book pages to try and send to Image again to get something in the works as far as getting a comic book series going. The interesting thing is a lot of my NPCs I use in HU are getting revamped as characters for use in my comics. Running my HU campaigns definitely have helped my story building, and writing powers definitely helps in explaining how the powers my characters use work.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Yeah, a lot of appointments this past week and whatnot, on top of putting together more comic book pages to try and send to Image again to get something in the works as far as getting a comic book series going. The interesting thing is a lot of my NPCs I use in HU are getting revamped as characters for use in my comics. Running my HU campaigns definitely have helped my story building, and writing powers definitely helps in explaining how the powers my characters use work.

Not to derail this thread any more, but you are sending drawn comic pages to Image?

Yeah. I have done gallery shows with my drawings and the dolls I make as models to draw from and have submitted pages to various companies before but with poor response. I think my storytelling was part of the problem before, as you have to send five pages of art to any company so they can see if you can tell a coherent story. You don't send original art, of course, as they accept photocopies for submissions. I now have access to a scanner and comic creator program to do layouts which seems to be making it simpler than trying to draw to boards when organizing the story.
I think you would like my stuff.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Happy People (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can create small beings of pure emotion, specifically bliss, which can be directed at targets to alter their emotional state.

Range: The happy people can be created within ten feet of the hero, plus one foot per level, and may go up to the hero's ME attribute number of feet away from the hero, plus one foot per level, without disappearing.
Duration: Up to the hero's ME attribute number in melee rounds, plus one round per level, unless willed away by their creator.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to create a Happy Person.
Damage: None, but have spaecial effects on anyone touched.

Happy People Creation: By expending one PPE point, the superbeing creates an emotion being of pure happiness. The character can create one Happy Person at level one, plus one more at levels 4, 8 and 12. The happy person has no HP or SDC, as they do not truly exist, and are invisible to everyone except their creator, though they can be seen by those able to See The Invisible. They appear as round jellylike globs with arms and feet, ears and large black eyes and mouth, and appear to be a foot or two tall.

Attacks: The Happy people can be made to attack by the hero using one attack to make them do so. They have an attack bonus equal to the hero's ME bonus. No actual damage is inflicted, but the person struck must save vs. emotion attack (16 or better, ME bonus applies), or else succumb to bliss. The blissful target will suffer from the effects of the attack for 1d4 melee rounds.

Effects of Bliss: The victim becomes highly spaced out, quiet and withdrawn, enjoying the high, suffering -5 to roll with impact, parry and dodge, and -10% to all skill performance, and they will not fight unless forced into it.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Happy People (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can create small beings of pure emotion, specifically bliss, which can be directed at targets to alter their emotional state..

This is so utterly bizarre, and worse yet, I know have 'Shiny Happy People' playing in my head , I now suspect you used one of my own powers on me.... :frust:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Happy People (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can create small beings of pure emotion, specifically bliss, which can be directed at targets to alter their emotional state..

This is so utterly bizarre, and worse yet, I know have 'Shiny Happy People' playing in my head , I now suspect you used one of my own powers on me.... :frust:

LOL

Reality Reversal (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Ha, I deny your reality and replace it with my own..."

Put simply, the character can save vs. and reality he/she does not like automatically (costs no action; 16 or better at level one, -1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15, ME bonus applies). If saving, all events within 10 feet of the character, plus one foot per level, spend the next action reversing the action previous. In this way, any action can be undone, with the character then at +4 to initiative and +4 to parry and dodge attacks during the next attacks against him/her. Events which can be reversed include, but are not limited to, attacking and missing/hurting oneself, falling, being hit by weapons within the influence range of the power (could not, say, reverse a sniper bullet shot from outside the power's range), or hitting the wrong wire/lever and sustaining injury as a result. If the character dies as a result of an action, the character cannot reverse it, obviously. While reversing an action, the superbeing is prone to attack and will cancel the reversal if moving to dodge or parry an attack.

Reality Rewind (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

This power is automatic and reverses any action causing the superbeing injury, the next action undoing the action causing injury. This can be the superbeing falling, failing to dodge/parry an attack, or injuring himself after punching through a wall or taking damage from his strike against someone else ("Ow, your armor was harder than I thought."), or any related accident. Essentially, the next action is spent reversing the action (smashed bones un-smash, broken equipment un-breaks). This only reverses one action and does not work if interrupted, so if the superbeing is attacked before he can undo an action, it will not be undone (the player must state his intent to reverse an action by himself or someone else directly after his action) and, if attacked again right after the action he wishes to reverse, it may not work (30% chance). In the case of being caught in an explosion, the superbeing will still take half damage. Other conditions may also prevent full reality reversal (for instance, falling from a plane, the momentum will be reversed but may not prevent someone on the plane from closing the door, etc.). This will only reverse a single action per melee round, up to the superbeing's ME number of times per day. Surviving and reversing a deadly shot requires a save vs. Coma/Death, but the superbeing is at +20% to do so.

Please not that these two powers cannot be taken together.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Fuzzy Dice (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"See, I have a seven..."

The superbeing creates a psychic residue on objects which causes those seeing the objects to see a different image on the surface of the objects. Objects must be something the superbeing can hold and he expends an action to replace the image psychically with one her determines.

Range: Touch, affects anyone looking at it within the superbeing's ME number in feet away, plus one foot per level of experience.
Duration: The superbeing's ME number in minutes, plus one minute per level of experience..
Attacks: Uses one attack/action to implant residual thoughts on objects.
Types of objects: Typically used on playing cards, dice, billiard balls, etc, (giving him also a +20% to sleight of hand and games of chance skills), but also includes notes on paper (so he could touch a list and the reader will then see his name on it, or he could change a note from someone to say something else, etc). The objects cannot exceed the superbeing's ME number in inches cubed, plus one inch per level of experience, so changing anything larger than a stop sign is impossible even at higher levels.
Saving Throw: Those seeing the objects can save vs. psionics at 12 or better at level one, plus one difficulty at levels 3, 6, 9 and 12 (ME bonus applies). Those saving against the power will not be fooled. Does not work on those immune to psionics.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Reality Reversal (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Ha, I deny your reality and replace it with my own..."

Put simply, the character can save vs. and reality he/she does not like automatically (costs no action; 16 or better at level one, -1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15, ME bonus applies). If saving, all events within 10 feet of the character, plus one foot per level, spend the next action reversing the action previous. In this way, any action can be undone, with the character then at +4 to initiative and +4 to parry and dodge attacks during the next attacks against him/her. Events which can be reversed include, but are not limited to, attacking and missing/hurting oneself, falling, being hit by weapons within the influence range of the power (could not, say, reverse a sniper bullet shot from outside the power's range), or hitting the wrong wire/lever and sustaining injury as a result. If the character dies as a result of an action, the character cannot reverse it, obviously. While reversing an action, the superbeing is prone to attack and will cancel the reversal if moving to dodge or parry an attack..

Hittin' too close to reality here, Garg...I have people all the time who try to impose their warped idea of reality on me, simply because they find the idea of paying fines for late books incomprehensible, requirements for ID before anything to smack of Orwellian tyranny, and the idea that we have NO idea of what famous local person they're talking about, based on description of 'it's a book, but it's not really a book...." to be UNTHINKABLE!

My god...I'm surrounded by mutants! :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Hittin' too close to reality here, Garg...I have people all the time who try to impose their warped idea of reality on me, simply because they find the idea of paying fines for late books incomprehensible, requirements for ID before anything to smack of Orwellian tyranny, and the idea that we have NO idea of what famous local person they're talking about, based on description of 'it's a book, but it's not really a book...." to be UNTHINKABLE!

My god...I'm surrounded by mutants! :shock:

I keep telling people, but they think I'm crazy. Pretty soon they gonna make everyone register. :P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Confidence (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"The more I hit, the better I get."

The hero evolves in power as his confidence is raised.

1. Attack Bonuses: The hero gains bonuses to his attack moves when he successfully pulls them off one after the other. The way it works is that when he hits something successfully, manages a dodge, or parries something, he gets a +1 bonus to the attack move used, up to a maximum bonus equal to half of his ME attribute number if no difficulties are involved but it can go beyond that to offset penalties. This can apply to Weapon proficiencies if the GM allows it, but applies to Disarm, Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, Pull Strike and Strike, Parry and Dodge. Note that this drops by one point each time he misses and can actually subtract from his normal attack roll bonuses. Initiative bonus is also given but only up to a maximum bonus equal to half his ME attribute number.

2. Strength Increase: The hero gains +1 to his PS damage bonus for each successful strike made.

3. Natural AR: The hero starts out with a Natural AR of 8. Each successful move then raises it by +! (though failed moves lower it by -1), up to a limit of 18.

4. Other abilities and bonuses:
+2 to all saving throws
+2d4X10 SDC
+2d6 HP
+1d6 PPE
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Confidence (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1. Attack Bonuses: The hero gains bonuses to his attack moves when he successfully pulls them off one after the other. The way it works is that when he hits something successfully, manages a dodge, or parries something, he gets a +1 bonus to the attack move used, up to a maximum bonus equal to half of his ME attribute number if no difficulties are involved but it can go beyond that to offset penalties. This can apply to Weapon proficiencies if the GM allows it, but applies to Disarm, Roll With Punch/Fall/Impact, Pull Strike and Strike, Parry and Dodge. Note that this drops by one point each time he misses and can actually subtract from his normal attack roll bonuses. Initiative bonus is also given but only up to a maximum bonus equal to half his ME attribute number.

2. Strength Increase: The hero gains +1 to his PS damage bonus for each successful strike made.

3. Natural AR: The hero starts out with a Natural AR of 8. Each successful move then raises it by +! (though failed moves lower it by -1), up to a limit of 18.

+2 to all saving throws
+2d4X10 SDC
+2d6 SDC
+1d6 PPE

Is this an 'always on' power, or does it take an APM that the character would normally have to enable its effect?
And how quickly does the supercharacter lose the confidence-fuelled bonuses(includingf A.R.) if he misses, fumbles, or screws up? Gradual(he gets to bask in the afterglow of his recent successes), or does he have a sudden 'let down' all at once that he has to recover from?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:

Is this an 'always on' power, or does it take an APM that the character would normally have to enable its effect?

It is always on.
taalism wrote:And how quickly does the supercharacter lose the confidence-fuelled bonuses(includingf A.R.) if he misses, fumbles, or screws up? Gradual(he gets to bask in the afterglow of his recent successes), or does he have a sudden 'let down' all at once that he has to recover from?

If he misses. Otherwise he retains the bonuses even when not using them. His confidence must be lost to lose the bonuses, so yes, he basks. The visual effect would be that he is getting bigger, more muscular, as well. Picture someone going into battle looking normal but getting more muscular as he pumps up his confidence.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Slam (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"I have to get there in a hurry, so you might want to stand back..."

This power allows the superbeing to become impervious to damage as he allows his body to travel at high speed, ramming into targets in his way to the destination.

Range: 500 feet, plus 100 feet per level, line of sight. Will keep moving unless unable to knock obstacles over.
Duration: Instant, travels like a bullet, though in whatever pose the superbeing was in when the power was activated. He basically appears to be a statue moving at high speed.
Attacks: Uses two melee attacks/actions. Can only be used once per melee round.
Damage: 5d6 plus PS damage bonus, plus 1d6 per level, to all targets in the path of his movement. If he wishes to attack a target by doing this, he must roll to strike, with a bonus of +2.
Natural AR: When using this power, the superbeing becomes surrounded by natural armor (Natural AR of 16, plus 1 at levels 4, 8 and 12). If colliding with a target with a higher Natural AR, he will be forced to stop and half whatever damage he would have inflicted on them. This armor disappears once the superbeing stops moving. While this armor is in place, the superbeing is in a sort of stasis and does not need to breathe and is impervious to pressure, so he could reasonable blast through the side of a submarine. This power ignores force fields under the superbeing's Natural AR.
Toppling Targets: Use the rules for Power Slam/Body Block as laid out on page 56 of the GM's Guide.

Particle Blast (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Get out of the way or this will hurt."

The superbeing can travel as a particle blast by disintegrating his molecules and reintegrating them at a destination, shooting them between the two points. Since he becomes molecular, he bypasses all armor, natural or otherwise (up to an AR of 18), as he passes though people and objects, doing 2d10 damage to objects passed through, plus 1d10 per level of experience. Since this causes molecular displacement to inflict damage, 1d10 of the damage will always be taken by the target's Hit Points. This will not pass through force fields or anyone immune to energy attack, stopping the superbeing and forcing him to reintegrate.

Range: 500 feet, plus 100 feet per level, unless encountering energy barrier.
Duration: Instant
Attacks: Uses two attacks/actions
Bonus to Strike: The hero inadvertently or intentionally will target his destination as an attack to do damage to those in his path. Gets a +4 to strike a specific location, a successful strike doing damage to anyone or anything in his path.

Limitations: Will not pass through invulnerable beings (anyone with a Natural AR of 18 or higher), energy barriers or machinery powered by electricity. Will not affect anyone immune to biomanipulation or powers which affect molecules or anyone with molecule control powers such as shapeshifting, phasing, etc.

Other Abilities and Bonuses: Immune to teleportation powers of others, biomanipulation powers and those targeting molecules.
taalismn
Priest

Ouch...and you thought YOUR daily commute was bad...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Quick Recovery (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"You can't keep a good man down."

Any attack, even a power slam, will only leave the hero down for a single melee action and he will only suffer a 10% chance of dropping his weapon. He also only suffers for half the normal amount of time from taking damage due to poisons or psionic attacks.

Other Abilities and Bonuses: +2d4 PE, +20% Save vs. Coma/Death.

Down With The Sickness (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing gains bonuses when suffering from poison or disease. Whie taking damage from an ongoing illness or loss of blood, the superbeing gains +1d6 to all melee and energy expulsion attacks, and does double normal damage from melee or energy expulsion attacks when reduced to less than 10% of his normal Hit Points.

Other Abilities and Bonuses: +1d4 PE, +10% Save vs. Coma/Death
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Fate bomb: [Major]
'What's a matter...old football injury acting up? Oh that's right, you never played football.'

The character can fire bolts of energy that trace a target back through time.
Range: 75 feet plus 5 feet per level
Damage: 1D4 +1D4 damage per level. Plus special.
Attacks: each 'fate bomb' requires 1 attack
Duration: Instant.
Bonus to strike: +4. aimed shots only.

Special: The swerving temporal energy bolt careens through the target's timeline to creep up when he least expects it.
Forward Blasts: By sending the blast forward through time, the target recives a second dose of damage when the dictated time occurs. a blast can trace a target to any future point (even as soon as the next melee round) up to 1 year per level. when the time arrives, the target makes a saving throw ( 14+ PE bonuses apply) if he fails then the bolt comes back to haunt him.
Backward blasts: by sending the bolt back in time, the target develops wounds that may leave him crippled. bolts can be sent up to one year in the past, and as little as one melee round ago. The target makes a save when struck, as dictated above. If successful, then no extra damage reults. if he fails then he erupts with old wounds (he takes damage again, minus any damage he would have healed in the interim).
Timed blasts: Instead of damaging a past self, the character's blast can echo back mto a recent, more vulnerable time. The target makes a saving throw if he fails then at one point in his past a minor injury was exacerbated by this power's untimely arrival, and he now sports a reminder. Roll once on the minor injury table to determine the targets constant reminder of youthfull excess.
Special Note: when the secondary effect goes off, be mindfull of when it was sent to. if the target is without special defences when the effect goes off then his present self suffers as if he was unprotected.

Other notes: The bolt itself is a combination of chronal and entropic energy. total energy resistance overcomes it, but not any specific energy resistance. Invulnerable opponents take full damage from this power, but it is not intrinsically armour defeating.
The character is resistant to being manipulated on a temporal scale, and cannot be slowed or sped up by the use of other powers, nor can he be affected by his own power or other forms of chronal energy.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Slither: [Minor]
"what's shaking? apart from my tail that is.."

The character can devolve his legs into a single serpentine tail, allowing him to move in the manner of a snake. His Speed is unnafected over land, but he does gain the following benefits.
1) crawl: the character can move at his full normal pace even when flat, or nearly flat to the ground.
2) Leaping: the character can, by coiling his lower half, spring up to 15 feet across or 10 high. his horizonatl distance can be extended 50% with a sufficient run.
3) Silence: slithering movement is extra quiet when compared to footfalls. Prowl gains a +20% and perception checks to hear the character are at -2
4) Climbing: the extended, prehensile tail adds to the character's climbing when he has access to branches adding +10%
5) sliding: the snake tail also aids in swimming. the character can skim over water at 1/4 his normal spd score. if he is forced to go under the water, then he gains a +10% to swim.
6) Tail attack: the character can strike with his tail, inflicting 2D4 damage plus any strength bonuses.
7) other bonuses. The character can perform gapples with his tail, adding +2 to strike and +4 to his effective PP or PS to maintain a grapple. furthermore, apart from being rendered immobile, the character enjoys the freedom of his other limbs while grappling. a squeeze attack inflicts 2D6 damage plus any PS bonus.
+30 SDC when the character's legs are tarnsformed into a tail.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Tesseract Prison [Major]
'This will hold him...for now'

The character can generate a spatial anomoly, a tesseract, a four dimensional object occupying 3 dimensional space. To us mere 3 dimensional beings, the space appears as an infinite prison, endless spanning into all directions.

Externally, the tesseract prison resembles a 10 foot diametre sphere of crackling time/space ripples, all at odd angles to each other. The character can create such an object by simply willing so. The tesseract appears withn 75 feet of the character and remains stationary while it lasts. if a person is in the target area, they may attempt to dodge the unfolding tesseract space (14 or better) any and all targets in the area are trapped inside for the duration.
Internally the prison appears much like it does from the outside. however there is near infinite space inside. any attempt to move simply distorts the apparent space inside. The person inside feels like he's always standing still despite the fact he could be trying to barrell along at mach 1. Likewise, attacks from inside the bubble simply vanish (after all, despite the fact he can see his target clearly, for all intents and purposes the target is billions of miles away). The same is true in reverse. once an attack enters the bubble, it cannot cover any extra distance.
The standard (as described above) tesseract prison requires 2 actions to form and can swallow any object or person that can fit inside it. It lasts 1 melee round per level.

The character can perform a number of oter related feats by varying the 'rules' of the bubble.
He can create a bubble which exists entirely in 4th dimensional space. all targets in the bubble are free to leave and space is not conserved on the inside, but rather bends around the outside. a person inside the bubble appears to vanish (perception saving throw 16+ detects the oscilating spatial disturbances) and objects and space simply bypass the area leaving them untouched (but can be detected by magics, psionics and some select superpowers). the character cannot move the bubble. This version of the bubble requires 3 actions per round be spent to make and maintain per round. It can be used as a dodge manoevre (+4). this bubble can be maintained for up to 10 minutes at a time, subject to fatigue)

At fourth level, the character can create smaller, short lived tesseracts. He can parry ranged attacks by causing minor displacements, forcing attacks to deviate through 4th dimensional space and thus their range's expire. such an attack counts as a single parry at +6 and can be performed against bursts and multiple attacks at once. (one action).

Also at fourth level, the character can create a small pocket of 4D space, and charge through it. essentially aallowing the character to instantly gain momentum without having the space to do so. the character can perform charges, tackles and even long range leap attacks from mere inches away from his target. this effect requires one extra action to perform (on top of the actions required ) but counts as a simultaneous dodge of +4 vs all incoming attacks in the same round.

Batts.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nice Iczer. I like the Tesseract Prison and Slither just inspires me to more mischief.:P

Mermaid (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can merge her legs together to for a fishlike tail. Changing the legs to a tail and vice versa uses 2 melee attacks/actions. The superbeing gains the following abilities while the fishtail is in existence:

1. Underwater Abilities: Same as the minor superability.

2. Water Slam: The superbeing can slap the water with her tail to send a forceful ripple of water which hits opponents in the water at a distance of 5 feet per level of experience, for 2d4 points of damage, plus 1d4 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15, which is +4 to hit. The superbeing can also throw water with her tail for her normal throwing distance to do 2d4 damage, plus 2 points of damage per level, with a strike bonus of +2 aimed, none wild.

3. Tail Slap: The superbeing can also slap opponents with the tail for 2d6 damage (plus PS damage bonus), and throws them for 2d6 feet and knocking them down if they weigh under 400 lbs.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Electric Angel (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can mimic an angelic archetype through the expression of her powers to control electrical and static energy.

1. Flight: Winged: The superbeing can use her control of static electricity to control fake wings she attaches to her back. Gives her all the bonuses of the minor super ability with the exception of the SDC bonuses. Fake wings would have to be purchased and would have SDC of 8 each at most.

2. Energy Expulsion: Electricity: Same as the minor super ability.

3. Electric Halo: The superbeing can generate an electric hoop which circles her crown and is about a foot over her head. She can use this circular halo to target and shoot multiple opponents.

Range: Halo is one foot in diameter, with the ability to shoot electrical bolts to a distance of 40 feet, plus 4 feet per level of experience.
Duration: Instant
Attacks: Circular wave burst can be done using one melee attack/action, as can shooting up to three targets, but shooting any more than that uses an additional attack for aiming purposes.
Damage: Each electric bolt does 1d6 damage when shot from the halo.
Number of targets: Can shoot all targets in range of the halo by sending out a circular wave or individually target three targets simultaneously, plus one more at levels 4, 8 and 12, with a +6 to hit one target, -1 to hit cumulative each additional target.
Machine Disruption: When the halo is active, it disrupts machinery within 10 feet, plus 1 foot per level, disrupting the signal, causing basic machines to shut down temporarily and static and "snow" to appear on monitors and televisions.

4. Immune to Electrical Attack: The superbeing suffers no damage from electrical attacks and only half damage from light and laser attacks.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Had another power idea pop up while working on my Wheel Man power category, and the stupid thing just woudn't leave me alone, so I had to get it fleshed out and poseted. I think the Major version is a might bit too powerful, but couldn't think how to balance it with being a major power, but also an extension of ANOTHER major ability. Meh :| , feel free to alter it as you see fit to make it work. Hope the general idea came across clear though. Enjoy!

Energy Expulsion Field [minor OR major]
“Fire Lord is merciful to lesser beings, gather ‘round children and thine clothe shall warm thee as though it lay on a warming pan…”

This power can only be taken in conjunction with an EE type power; while it doesn’t do any additional damage, it does grant the user a much broader scope for their abilities.

Minor EE power:
The user can use their ability to effect things they wouldn’t normally be able to in a fashion that would normally be impossible, by extending the energy to another object or item, and allowing that to be the channel for their energy. The energy being channeled cannot be put into a weapon (at least with the intention of using it as some kind of lesser Power Weapon) or any item within another person (so no using EE: Electricity to overload somebody’s pacemaker).

Each item being charged in this fashion takes its toll on the user, taking one action per turn to activate, and an additional action per melee to maintain, afterwards they won’t be able to charge anything for an equal amount of time; only one item can be maintained per level, and only as many minutes as their P.E. score, plus 5 minutes per level. Range is 20 feet per level, if the item is moved beyond their range it loses its charge immediately, same if the character looses concentration (knocked out or stops maintaining the charge); a good way to cool a pot or cooking utensil off is simply to toss it away and collect it again.

Somebody with EE: Fire could use their power to make a grill hot enough to cook with, or to warm/dry their clothes, but not to cause said clothes to catch on fire suddenly (though if they spent several minutes, they could heat the buttons/zippers etc to the point that they would ignite the material). EE: Electricity could use their ability to turn a light bulb/flashlight on without batteries, run a CD player, etc. EE: Light could use any clear/translucent item to project light. Whatever the way they choose to use their ability, it CANNOT be used to directly harm another being (unless the harm takes several minutes to reach, during which time they must have the ability to remove said item, no burning somebody’s underoos off when they’re tied to a chair). Additionally, the charged object must be capable of safely sustaining the charge; no using EE: Fire to make ice radiate heat, or use EE: Light to make a burrito glow. The object so charged cannot be larger than one cubed foot per odd level.

Major EE/type power:
Essentially everything is the same as with the minor power, only bigger and more so, with a greater range and duration. The range is increased to 150 feet per level (user can choose whether the item loses its charge immediately or over the course of 1d4 minutes, once back in range it regains its charge at full strength), with the duration in minutes equal to their P.E. per level, and an item size five cubed feet per level. They can maintain two plus their level objects indefinitely at no charge, and as many additional objects as half their level (Fire Lord, with APS and CEF Fire at level 9 and a P.E. of 10, could maintain 11 items indefinitely at no cost, and another 4 items for one action each, any which one could be up to 25 cubed feet for an hour and a half before needing a break). Once they have rested a time equal to their P.E., they can do so once more.

Additionally, they CAN use their power to make a minor type of Power Weapon, in that their charge can be put into a weapons strike, with the added side effect of the weapon taking one quarter damage of its not a Mega-Damage or Kistentite type quality (in which case it only takes one tenth damage, cannot be used with Magic weapons). Note that this damage applies to whatever touches the weapon, even the wielder, if they do not have some immunity or resistance to their power. Charging the weapon in such a fashion costs one action for the charge and one for the actual attack with the weapon.

Alternatively, they can cast this attack into the weapons of enemies, causing them to burn/electrocute/whatever themselves; in this case, the user must make a roll to strike and use one melee action for each item/weapon they intend to effect. Handy for making an assassin drop a suddenly electric sword, or causing some aggravating aristocrat an embarrassing moment when their wine cup is abruptly full of boiling liquid.

Whether they have a minor or a major type of power, the item they are intending to charge MUST be clearly seen in its entirety before it can be affected. Once charged, as long as it remains within the prescribed range, it will maintain its charge due to the charger continuously sending out energy to the item.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

As a GM, I would set up a system to allow the player to learn additional abilities rather than make them take an additional power to increase the scope of their abilities, at the cost of one of their majors or minors. I find the way you have written it up to be a bit confusing, Roscoe, to be honest. You basically are creating a power which relies on the player having taken another power but which does not grant anything to anyone without the other power.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:As a GM, I would set up a system to allow the player to learn additional abilities rather than make them take an additional power to increase the scope of their abilities, at the cost of one of their majors or minors. I find the way you have written it up to be a bit confusing, Roscoe, to be honest. You basically are creating a power which relies on the player having taken another power but which does not grant anything to anyone without the other power.

[grimaces] Yeah, I know SG, its just that I had that darn thing bouncing around in my head for the last couple of days. It was rather like having "Yellow Submarine" or "The Song That Never Ends" on infinite loop within my head, to tell you the truth. I'm planning on going back and rewriting in the next day or two, I just needed to get it OUT, so I could concentrate on other things. Sorry about the confusion, hopefully I'll be able to clear that up soon.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:As a GM, I would set up a system to allow the player to learn additional abilities rather than make them take an additional power to increase the scope of their abilities, at the cost of one of their majors or minors. I find the way you have written it up to be a bit confusing, Roscoe, to be honest. You basically are creating a power which relies on the player having taken another power but which does not grant anything to anyone without the other power.

[grimaces] Yeah, I know SG, its just that I had that darn thing bouncing around in my head for the last couple of days. It was rather like having "Yellow Submarine" or "The Song That Never Ends" on infinite loop within my head, to tell you the truth. I'm planning on going back and rewriting in the next day or two, I just needed to get it OUT, so I could concentrate on other things. Sorry about the confusion, hopefully I'll be able to clear that up soon.

No problem. Just woke up with a headache and finding things hard to comprehend in general anyhow.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

All right, here we go again, I hope this time it works out much better. I think I just needed to get back into the habit of doing these, it had been what, half a year since I was one here last? I had gotten a bit rusty, forgotten how to format things and explain myself.

Energy Expulsion Field [minor whether the parent power is major or minor]
“Fire Lord is merciful to lesser beings, gather ‘round children and thine clothe shall warm thee as though it lay on a warming pan…”

This power can only be taken in conjunction with an EE type power; while it doesn’t alter the damage or range of the parent power, it does grant the user a much broader scope for their abilities. Somebody with EE: Fire could use their power to make a grill cook without fuel, or to warm/dry their clothes, but not to cause said clothes to catch on fire suddenly (unless they had a major heat/fire ability). EE: Electricity could use their ability to turn a light bulb/flashlight on without batteries, run a CD player, etc. EE: Light could use any clear/translucent item to project light.

Additionally, the charged object must be capable of safely sustaining the charge; no using EE: Fire to make ice radiate heat, or use EE: Light to make a burrito glow. This power doesn’t throw all the rules out the window so much as let the character bend them a little bit, or to bribe the ref.

Minor EE type* Power: The character can use their ability to effect things by extending the energy field to another object or item, and allowing that to be the channel for their energy. The energy being channeled cannot be put into a weapon with the intention of using it as an imitation Power Weapon (though making a sword into a very thin griddle could be possible, or it could be used to cauterize wounds) or any item within another person (so no using EE: Electricity to overload somebody’s pacemaker, or EE: Fire to melt peoples fillings).

Range: 20 feet per level, if the item being charged is moved beyond that, it immediately loses its charge. Total size of iitem(s) being charged cannot exceed one cubed foot per odd level.

Duration: P.E. in minutes plus 5 minutes per level, limit of one item per level. Charging an item takes three melee actions, and maintaining the items costs one per odd item. After they use this power, they cannot access it again for at least half again the time of the previous usage, minus one minute per odd level. IE, if ability is used to power a flashlight for 10 minutes at level 6, they would be unable to use it again for at least 12 minutes (15-3).

Damage: Not applicable, this power cannot be used against living beings if taken in conjunction with a minor power. Used against animated corpses or nonliving objects and they will take normal damage.

Major EE type* power: Essentially the same as the minor version, only bigger, better, and turbo-powered.
Range: Increased to 150 feet per level, and they can choose whether or not the items they charge lose their power gradually or all at once. If a removed object is brought back within 1d4 melee rounds, it will regain its lost power immediately (well, as long as the character is still willing to power it). No individual item being charged can be larger than five cubic feet per level.

Duration: Two items plus their level can be charged indefinitely, at no cost save one action per melee. Additionally, they can charge additional items, equal to half their level (round up), for a duration equal to their P.E. per level, for a cost of one action for every three items; they can use this power again after a break equal to their P.E. in minutes, minus one minute per additional level (must be at least a one minute break).

Damage: Unlike the minor version of this power, the character CAN use this offensively, as they have a much stronger power source and greater control. If the character wishes, they can make an ersatz Power Weapon (though the weapon takes one quarter the blast damage [unless Kistentite or mega damage, then only takes one tenth, cannot be used in conjunction with any magical weapons]). Whatever the weapon touches will take damage equal to the swing damage, plus that of the energy blast, even the wielder (so make sure you have the appropriate clothing or immunities). Alternatively, they can charge an item and let it take all the blast damage, great for minimizing collateral damage; this can be used in a theatric manner, lighting candles with a wave of a hand, or causing glass to melt by touching it, etc. If an item is charged with the intent of causing damage to somebody and the item is not yours, it costs you one melee action, and you must roll to strike for each item.

Whether they have a minor or a major type of power, the item they are intending to charge must be CLEARLY seen in its entirety before it can be affected. Once charged, as long as it remains within the prescribed range, it will maintain its charge due to the charger continuously sending out energy to the item.
* This means somebody with an energy based APS or CEF could take this power, it’s not only limited to SEE

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Moonshadow wrote:

+2 to all saving throws
+2d4X10 SDC
+2d6 SDC
+1d6 PPE

Just curious but was the +2d6 susposed to be hitpoints instead of SDC, cuase you have +2d4x10 SDC before that?? And just asking to make sure.

Yeah, probably. Thanks for catching that.
taalismn
Priest

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:All right, here we go again, I hope this time it works out much better. I think I just needed to get back into the habit of doing these, it had been what, half a year since I was one here last? I had gotten a bit rusty, forgotten how to format things and explain myself.

Energy Expulsion Field [minor whether the parent power is major or minor]

Super Powers for TechnoWizards(or their Super-Power equivalents)?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Lollipop (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"I am the man with the bad candy, little girl..."

The superbeing can control candy, turning it into weapons.

1. Sharpen Candy: By holding a lollipop or other flat candy, the superbeing can cause it to sharpen by expending an action. Candy weapons so created will do 1d4 damage, plus 2 points of damage per level, and can be thrown as an attack or used as knives. In the latter case, the superbeing adds their PS damage bonus to the attack. If holding multiple candies, all can be sharpened at once using only one attack/action (up to five per hand), but can only attack with them within the limits of his WP, which is usually limited to throwing them one at a time. The superbeing gains a +2 bonus to strike using such weapons.

2. Detonate Candy: The superbeing can also detonate candy by focusing on it for 2 melee attacks/actions, causing it to do 2d4X10 damage per pound of candy, blowing candy shrapnel into opponents. (the candy becomes super hot and expands until it explodes). Candy must be within 50 feet of the character, plus 5 feet per level (line of sight). Affects 10 pounds of candy at level one, plus one pound of candy per level starting at level 2.
The superbeing can also detonate individual pieces of candy, which are not already altered by his sharpening ability, by throwing them for 1d4 damage, plus 2 points of damage per level, expending 2 attacks/actions to do so and having a +2 bonus to strike with them.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses: +10% to the cooking skill
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Lollipop (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can control candy, turning it into weapons.

1. Sharpen Candy: By holding a lollipop or other flat candy, the superbeing can cause it to sharpen by expending an action. Candy weapons so created will do 1d4 damage, plus 2 points of damage per level, and can be thrown as an attack or used as knives. In the latter case, the superbeing adds their PS damage bonus to the attack. If holding multiple candies, all can be sharpened at once using only one attack/action (up to five per hand), but can only attack with them within the limits of his WP, which is usually limited to throwing them one at a time. The superbeing gains a +2 bonus to strike using such weapons.

2. Detonate Candy: The superbeing can also detonate candy by focusing on it for 2 melee attacks/actions, causing it to do 2d4X10 damage per pound of candy, blowing candy shrapnel into opponents. (the candy becomes super hot and expands until it explodes). Candy must be within 50 feet of the character, plus 5 feet per level (line of sight). Affects 10 pounds of candy at level one, plus one pound of candy per level starting at level 2.
The superbeing can also detonate individual pieces of candy, which are not already altered by his sharpening ability, by throwing them for 1d4 damage, plus 2 points of damage per level, expending 2 attacks/actions to do so and having a +2 bonus to strike with them.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses: +10% to the cooking skill

I'd also add maybe 'Never Suffers Tooth Decay' and/or 'Never Gets Stomach Ache from Sweets/Can Live on Diet of Sweets'...

As for the Detonate Candy...psuedo-scientific explanation is liberating the potential energy in sugar....I'd almost grade the level of explosive power by the amount of sugar ....Your average milk chocolate is going to be a rather modest boom, since it's mostly milk solids, but crystallized sugar sweets like lollipops and pixie dust should go quite nicely...especially if you've got enough Pixie Dust in a good cloud/aerial suspension...fuel air explosive(i.e. Grain Silo Bomb)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:

I'd also add maybe 'Never Suffers Tooth Decay' and/or 'Never Gets Stomach Ache from Sweets/Can Live on Diet of Sweets'...

As for the Detonate Candy...psuedo-scientific explanation is liberating the potential energy in sugar....I'd almost grade the level of explosive power by the amount of sugar ....Your average milk chocolate is going to be a rather modest boom, since it's mostly milk solids, but crystallized sugar sweets like lollipops and pixie dust should go quite nicely...especially if you've got enough Pixie Dust in a good cloud/aerial suspension...fuel air explosive(i.e. Grain Silo Bomb)...

Yeah, I was going for the crystallized sugar explosives... :-P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Detonator (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Stand back, it's going to explode."

The superbeing triggers explosives to detonate.

1.Detonating Aura: The superbeing cannot control this ability which triggers all explosives to detonate within a 60 foot radius, minus one foot per level minimum radius (can be expanded to full radius or withdrawn to minimum without using an action at level 6, otherwise must expend one action per melee round to keep radius at minimum range). This affects land mines, bombs, explosive substances, guns (causes them to misfire) and unstable compounds prone to explosion.

2. Controlled Detonation: The superbeing can also target an explosive substance to trigger its detonation by expending an action. The target must be within 100 feet, line of sight, plus 10 feet per level.

3. Drawbacks and Limitations: The superbeing is not impervious to explosions unless possessing other powers which make him so, so will take damage from explosions he might trigger.

(I am working on a major version of Lollipop also)
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

And rock candy? Oh...bang AND shrapnel...
And let us not forget the naplam-like properties of boiling caramel.... :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

And rock candy? Oh...bang AND shrapnel...
And let us not forget the naplam-like properties of boiling caramel.... :demon:

Yeah, that is why I need a major version with increased damage ranges. :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[
Yeah, that is why I need a major version with increased damage ranges. :twisted:

Oh goodie....I shall pass the time until then contemplating the explosive velocity of a Tootsiepop...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:

Oh goodie....I shall pass the time until then contemplating the explosive velocity of a Tootsiepop...

LOL :lol:
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

LOL :lol:

Think of it like one of those 'glue bombs' issued before WW2 for anti-tank use....lick it, stick it, run away...*BOOM*
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”