NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by taalismn »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Maybe call the power something like Improvised Weapons. If based off the Weapon Improvisation WP, the Minor form would give only one aspect's bonuses of WI WP, with the major form giving all the aspects' bonuses of the WI WP.
The limitation would be that the power could not be used formalized constructed weapon. (i.e. sword, staff, spear, whip)

Or

Having the minor only work with a few sorts of objects but with full WI WP bonuses.

W.P. Tongs should go in the 'Skillz' thread....A modified Eugenics lobster claws or Minor Power: Body Weapons will do well to simulate Tongs...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

taalismn wrote:W.P. Tongs should go in the 'Skillz' thread...

So write it up and post it there. :mrgreen:
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
taalismn
Priest

Gryphon Chick wrote:
taalismn wrote:W.P. Tongs should go in the 'Skillz' thread...

So write it up and post it there. :mrgreen:

Please, I'll have you know I was a Hidelberg School graduate of Tong Dueling in my youthful days as a Salad Bar Attendant... ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:didn't rifter 91/2 already cover food based powers?

It might cover some, but who cares? I don't have that issue, but it could not possibly cover EVERY wacky power possible.

Yes, R9.5 does. (they might of be reprinted in 'the best of rifter')
here they are w/o being to specific
Apples:damage healing
banana: boomerang
Chicken soup:sickness healing
eggs: thrown/rotten egg/cooked eggs
cooking affinity: good skills and bad skills
Food preservation
Pineapples, Pumpkins, coconuts & Melons: fruit Grenades
Garlic: breath attack
Flat shaped foods: Frizbees
Ketchup: speed modifier
lettuce: hiding
milk: enhances
Mustard: speed modifier
Onion: breath weapon
orange Juice: light manipulation
Pickles & cucumbers: numbing IQ
Tomatoes and Fruit pies: Throw
mushy foods like oatmeal & mash potatoes: spoon catapults
Squeezable fruits:squirt
junk food cake power: fast
Wonder bread: over all bonuses

------------------------
Food to weapon transformation (major)
---------------
kidney beens: fast
baked beens: leap
dark KB: Stinking cloud
-----------
pasta: bonuses & pasta weapons
--------------
Peppers: breath weapons
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Sky Surfing (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Let me get my board.

The character can use a wave board he creates to increase his flight speed.

1. Skill: Surfing: The character gets this skill automatically with this power. The character can balance on a board in the water to ride large waves.
Bonuses:
Sense of Balance: 50%, +3% per level
+2 to roll with punch, fall or impact
+30% base swimming ability or adds +5% to the swimming skill
+1 PS
+1 PP
+1 PE
+2d4 SDC

2. Flight: Wingless: Same as the minor superability (HU2 page 233)

3. Surfboard: The character creates a bio-metal board with 3d4X10 SDC which regenerates damage at a rate of 4d6 per 10 minutes and can be recreated after 24 hours if destroyed. The character can use it to block attacks, as it has a Natural AR of 16 when used as a shield against physical and energy attacks, and is resistant to energy attacks (half damage). Uses one melee attack/action to summon or dismiss the board.
The character can use his board to multiply his flight speed times two at level one, times three at level 6 and times four at level 12.
Two-fisted punch at 400 mph or greater inflicts 1d4X10 and 3d6 to character and will knock him off his board; 800 mph or greater inflicts 2d4X10 and 6d6 to the character. Counts as two attacks.
Striking with the board will potentially shear opponents in half, doing 3d4X10 at 400 mph or greater.
Maximum Altitude: 45,000 feet
Unaffected by thin air, high altitudes, of G-force under 10.
Can hold his breath for five minutes +20 seconds per level of experience.
Resistant to cold (half damage), and can tolerate temperatures as low as freezing with no discomfort.
Accelerates at a rate of 200 mph per melee action.
Can stop quickly and hover at will.

I am lacking for other inspiration so apologize if the thread has slowed down.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am lacking for other inspiration so apologize if the thread has slowed down.

I've seen this thread slow down before so no worries.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Sky Surfing (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Let me get my board.

I like this power. Nice job. :ok:

There are 2 or 3 characters from the comics that I can think of who fly by riding on something (lightning bolts, rocks and I even saw a rainbow on one occasion). I've always thought it would be cool to have a flight power in HU like that. If someone is up to writing them up you might be able to get 3 or 4 more flight powers along the lines of Sky Surfing. :-D
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Mr Scorpio wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am lacking for other inspiration so apologize if the thread has slowed down.

I've seen this thread slow down before so no worries.

So have I, but my writer's block is really bad right now.

Mr.Scorpio wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Sky Surfing (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Let me get my board.

I like this power. Nice job. :ok:

Thanks.

Mr.Scorpio wrote:There are 2 or 3 characters from the comics that I can think of who fly by riding on something (lightning bolts, rocks and I even saw a rainbow on one occasion). I've always thought it would be cool to have a flight power in HU like that. If someone is up to writing them up you might be able to get 3 or 4 more flight powers along the lines of Sky Surfing. :-D

I did a rainbows power a while back, but can see having a character fly on an energy board.

Solar Surfing (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Let me get my board.

The character can use an energy wave board he creates from sunlight to increase his flight speed.

1. Skill: Surfing: The character gets this skill automatically with this power. The character can balance on a board in the water to ride large waves.
Bonuses:
Sense of Balance: 50%, +3% per level
+2 to roll with punch, fall or impact
+30% base swimming ability or adds +5% to the swimming skill
+1 PS
+1 PP
+1 PE
+2d4 SDC

2. Flight: Wingless: Same as the minor superability (HU2 page 233)

3. Surfboard: The character creates an energy/force field board out of sunlight (cannot be used at night) with his ME attribute number X10 SDC which can be recreated after 1d4 hours if destroyed. The character can use it to block attacks, as it has a Natural AR of 16 when used as a shield against physical attacks, and is impervious to energy attacks, though takes twice damage from shadow type attacks. Uses one melee attack/action to summon or dismiss the board.
The character can use his board to multiply his flight speed times two at level one, times three at level 6 and times four at level 12.
Two-fisted punch at 400 mph or greater inflicts 1d4X10 and 3d6 to character and will knock him off his board; 800 mph or greater inflicts 2d4X10 and 6d6 to the character. Counts as two attacks.
Striking with the board will potentially shear opponents in half, doing 3d4X10 at 400 mph or greater.
Resistant to cold (half damage), and can tolerate temperatures as low as freezing with no discomfort.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Telltale Heart (minor)

The character can control his heartbeat to send messages.

1. Heartbeat: The character can send messages with his heartbeat by using Morse code or any other devised code, to be heard by those with advanced hearing who know the code.
Range: Sends sonic waves 300 feet, plus 30 feet per level
Duration: Concentration
Attacks: Can perform no other action while sending a message. Can send up to 100 beats per minute.

2. Beating a Dead Horse: The character's heart will continue to beat after he is dead, to allow those with advanced hearing to find him, for the character's PE attribute number of hours (plus one hour per level), plus one minute per PPE point at the time of death.

3. Other abilities and Bonuses:
+2d4 PE
+20% save vs.coma/death
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I would do a Sky Skier power but know too little about skiing to do a skill for it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Sky Skiing (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can skid across clouds as well as snow.

1. Skiing: For the complete description, see Rifts: Canada. Here are the basics: Skiing enables the character to be reasonably good on skis, can keep his balance, has good endurance, and knows cross-country skiing (equal to his speed attribute) and the basics of downhill skiing. Base Skill: 40%+5% per level of experience. Roll for this skill when first getting going and when performing some special trick or maneuver, like a quick stop, swerve, leap, or a combat maneuver (strike, parry, dodge) or traveling over 80% of one's maximum speed. A failed result means the individual falls down, loses initiative and one melee action, and suffers from 1D4 to 1D6 S.D.C. damage. It takes one melee action to get back on one's feet and a skill roll to get back moving again. Can also use a skateboard. Bonuses: +1 to P.E. and +1D6 to S.D.C.

2. Flight: Wingless: Same as the minor superability (HU2, page 233)

3. Sky Skiing: The character can ski across clouds at twice his normal flight speed at level one, three times his flight speed at level six, and four times his flight speed at level 6. He does this using a material of choice, and it can be anything from a stone slab to ice shards to electric bolts, but these provide him no protection or ability to attack. Hitting anything will stop him and make him lose his speed and balance.
taalismn
Priest

Insanity Defense(Minor)
"Gaahhhh!!! NO! I can't get inside his head! I won't! The last time I tried, I spent a week in deathly fear of small dogs, women, and the color pink!"

This is a mental defense power that resists any attempt to psychically probe or mind control the character by flooding the invading mind full force with a mind-scourging torrent of images and warped perceptions that can quickly drive the intruder insane, or at least inflict temporary insanities on them. For every melee that another person spends trying to crash the superbeing's mind, either probing(via powers like Telepathy) or by forceful usurpation of control(Possession, Possess Others, etc...), the being must roll versus Psychic Attack to continue their attack, plus they acquire 1d4 random insanities in the process(regardless of whether or not they break off the attack). The insanities will last until the would-be invader makes three successful consecutive saving throws versus insanity per EACH insanity...They can make an attempt to overcome each insanity once every 5 minutes. Note that the attacker picks up 1d4 insanities per melee of mental contact...so if they hang in and go two rounds trying to probe/mind control, they would be facing a cumulative number---2d4 possible random insanities, 3d4, 4d4 if they persist in trying fight upstream against the mental torrent being thrown at them.
If the attacked party has an ACTUAL insanity, there's a 50% chance that the particular insanity will be inflicted on the attacker, and they will be both -1d4 to save versus the psychic attack in order to continue their mind-attack, and to save versus the insanity when trying to get rid of it. Note, however, that even if the attacker was unsuccessful in gleaning any information/gaining control in their initial attack, they may well learn of the superbeing's insanity as a possible weakness.
More passive powers, like see Aura or Empathy are not subject to this effect, but even they will perceive the superbeing's psyche as 'scrambled', and will have difficulty gaining any definitive information(roll versus M.E. to filter out the extraneous 'noise' created by this power). This power also does nothing to resist chemical mind control efforts like drugs.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

for wizards-spell canalling
your spells get stronger if you channel them through living beings!
the living creature you channel your spells through are not harmed at all
body surfing!
you ride a person like a surfboard & if you can build up enough speed you can even fly for a short distance!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:for wizards-spell canalling
your spells get stronger if you channel them through living beings!
the living creature you channel your spells through are not harmed at all
body surfing!
you ride a person like a surfboard & if you can build up enough speed you can even fly for a short distance!

Abe, I don't get how it works. It sounds more like a spell than a power.

T, nice power!
taalismn
Priest

Thanks...went back and fixed some spelling errors....(shakes head)...getting worse with my on-the-fly proofreading...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Thanks...went back and fixed some spelling errors....(shakes head)...getting worse with my on-the-fly proofreading...

*Sigh* And after I had already posted it to over the wiki. It is updated to reflect your changes there now.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Thanks...went back and fixed some spelling errors....(shakes head)...getting worse with my on-the-fly proofreading...

*Sigh* And after I had already posted it to over the wiki. It is updated to reflect your changes there now.

My apologies....but 'FLOODING an invader's mind' makes much more sense than 'BLOODING an invader's mind', unless said power actually causes head explosions...(shrug)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

My apologies....but 'FLOODING an invader's mind' makes much more sense than 'BLOODING an invader's mind', unless said power actually causes head explosions...(shrug)

Um, yeah, that is a big difference. :wink:
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I was wondering where you post homebrewed Power Categories?

Oh, has any one done a APS: Coal Mine yet?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:I was wondering where you post homebrewed Power Categories?

Nope...and just the way you say it has me scared... :frazz:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

89er wrote:I was wondering where you post homebrewed Power Categories?

You can either post a new category here or start a thread about it.
No, no one has done that power.
taalismn
Priest

Mephisto wrote:APS: Coal Mine sounds as interesting as APS: Burning Cold, APS: Oil Shale, or APS: Laminate.

Here is a little one.

Skin Tracer (minor).

"Don't worry about that would-be assassin getting away...he got a piece of me...he just doesn't know it..."

Nifty power :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mangafy (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Let me draw you a picture of what happened."

The character can recount events instantly through a form of automatic drawing, events of up to ten minutes per level, by drawing them in a manga style. It is useless for actual police sketching, since the style draws the people as manga characters, and adds nothing to the character's normal art:drawing skill, since it can be used only to record events and not for creative purposes. This uses one melee round per page, with each page drawing out one minute of an event. The character will draw on whatever is handy, but it is recommended he carry a lot of paper around for this purpose.
willthetiger
D-Bee

Unread post by willthetiger »

Anyone able to help me create/word a power?Was thinking of a major Immortality power where when you die you come back to life,via permanently possessing the body of a person in a coma.
"As long as there are sick people in this world,I am eternal."

I was also thinking Auras of the horsemen(ie 4 horsemen),like death:people randomly rise from their graves as you walk by.

A minor power of healing others by licking them(ie licking ones wounds)
"Now hold still Steve,that gunshot wound looks mighty tasty"

Thank you for any help and all the good powers that you all have already came up with.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Mangafy (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can recount events instantly through a form of automatic drawing, events of up to ten minutes per level, by drawing them in a manga style. It is useless for actual police sketching, since the style draws the people as manga characters, and adds nothing to the character's normal art:drawing skill, since it can be used only to record events and not for creative purposes. This uses one melee round per page, with each page drawing out one minute of an event. The character will draw on whatever is handy, but it is recommended he carry a lot of paper around for this purpose.

The highlighted conflicts with itself. To me it read that "It takes one page to draw out each melee" and then it says "It takes one page to draw out each miniute."

Is it to mean "Each page drawn covers the actions of a single minute, and each page takes 15 sec to draw."?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Mangafy (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The highlighted conflicts with itself.

No, a minute of recorded time only takes a melee round to illustrate. He can draw things quickly and is not noting every detail.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Godflesh (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Your skin is magnificent."

The character has sparkling skin which has unusual properties.

1. Sparkle: The character's skin sparkles, giving a blinding penalty of -4 to strike to opponents facing him in clear daylight. This also adds +2 to the character's PB attribute. The skin is an odd color, however. Roll on The Unusual Physical Characteristics table under Odd Skin Color (HU2 page 159).

2. Natural Protection: The skin has a Natural AR of 14 and adds +2d6 SDC to the character. He heals at 4d6 SDC damage every 10 minutes, with wounds sealing to prevent bleeding, and is resistant to poisons which affect his skin (half damage and duration of effects).

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Enhanced Strength: The character's strength is considered Extraordinary for lifting and carrying. Adds +1d4 PS.
+10% to Trust/Intimidate
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Godflesh (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1. Sparkle: The character's skin sparkles, giving a blinding penalty of -4 to strike to opponents facing him in clear daylight. This also adds +2 to the character's PB attribute. The skin is an odd color, however. Roll on The Unusual Physical Characteristics table under Odd Skin Color (HU2 page 159).

"No, I'm NOT one of those vampires from 'Twilight'! You compare me to one of those doofuses again, and I'm going to show you some deific wrath----"

Sorry...couldn't resist... :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Godflesh (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

"No, I'm NOT one of those vampires from 'Twilight'! You compare me to one of those doofuses again, and I'm going to show you some deific wrath----"

Sorry...couldn't resist... :-D

No problem- that actually crossed my mind when writing the power as well. :lol:
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Since we're nearing 120 pages, I have been looking back from the start and I've noticed some scores powers that haven't been included in the Black Vault. I feel that looking back, these powers would be nice additions to the Vault.

Anyone interested?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

89er wrote:Since we're nearing 120 pages, I have been looking back from the start and I've noticed some scores powers that haven't been included in the Black Vault. I feel that looking back, these powers would be nice additions to the Vault.

Anyone interested?

Some of the authors have not given permission to post their materials, which is why some powers were not included, or there was an issue as to where the powers were originally from, as only materials actually created by an author who posted it can be posted over. I do not have permission from Jaegermeister, Dark Brandon, and some others to post their materials to the Vault. Get their permission to post over materials and prove to NMI they consent to their materials being posted over.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

i had a few ideas to suggest to more active posters for inspiration, but sadly, i can only seem to recall about one and a half of them...

the first idea is something of a combination of adhesion and gravity plane; it would basically give a character a personal gravity field, allowing them to determine which direction gravity flows, but only for themself.

the remaining half of an idea is just the ability to turn any object into a gun. it's pretty easily accomplished by making slight changes to existing powers, but i figured i should put it up anyway, in case it inspires someone. :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I already have a number of personal gravity powers on the thread, so I am not sure where to take that idea, sadly, to make it different.

Automatic Pistol (minor)
The character can take any hand-held object and morph it into a gun to shoot part of itself off as bullets. Items have as many bullets as they do SDC but are destroyed as each shot does one point of SDC reduction.
Range: Touch; can shoot up to 600 feet away
Duration: Objects remain changed unless reverted back and disintegrate when all SDC is gone.
Damage: Bullets do 3d6 damage at level one, plus 1d6 damage at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Bonuses: Normal WP bonuses apply.
Attacks: Altering an object to become a gun or revert it back to an object uses one attack/action. Shooting the gun is done as per a normal gun.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I already have a number of personal gravity powers on the thread, so I am not sure where to take that idea, sadly, to make it different.

no worries. being a halfway point between two already-existing powers can be somewhat redundant.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Automatic Pistol (minor)
The character can take any hand-held object and morph it into a gun to shoot part of itself off as bullets. Items have as many bullets as they do SDC but are destroyed as each shot does one point of SDC reduction.
Duration: Objects remain changed unless reverted back and disintegrate when all SDC is gone.
Damage: Bullets do 3d6 damage at level one, plus 1d6 damage at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Attacks: Altering an object to become a gun or revert it back to an object uses one attack/action. Shooting the gun is done as per a normal gun.

i like it. i like it muchly. :D
only thing i would edit is the inclusion of some kind of weight or mass limit on the objects to be used.

edit: OH, remembered another of the ideas: some sort of effect that allows the character to accomplish a physical action instantly. for example, to be able to go from just standing there to having a knife at your enemy's throat instantly, with no in-between action.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

znbrtn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Automatic Pistol (minor)

i like it. i like it muchly. :D
only thing i would edit is the inclusion of some kind of weight or mass limit on the objects to be used.

edit: OH, remembered another of the ideas: some sort of effect that allows the character to accomplish a physical action instantly. for example, to be able to go from just standing there to having a knife at your enemy's throat instantly, with no in-between action.

The mass limit occurred to me after I posted it as well. I would place the limit to 30 pounds and no more than a foot long.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
89er wrote:Since we're nearing 120 pages, I have been looking back from the start and I've noticed some scores powers that haven't been included in the Black Vault. I feel that looking back, these powers would be nice additions to the Vault.

Anyone interested?

Some of the authors have not given permission to post their materials, which is why some powers were not included, or there was an issue as to where the powers were originally from, as only materials actually created by an author who posted it can be posted over. I do not have permission from Jaegermeister, Dark Brandon, and some others to post their materials to the Vault. Get their permission to post over materials and prove to NMI they consent to their materials being posted over.

There are also some powers which I still have to post over to the wiki. I would appreciate help doing so now that the thread has been pruned some of the excessive deleted posts. I am currently working on posting over materials from the drunken werebear. Anything else posted over should be cleared with myself or the deific NMI. I already have everything posted over by wolfsgrin, AcreRake, Pepsi Jedi, Mr. Twist, Mr. Scorpio, Shaded_Helios, znbrtn, and Gryphon Chick, Mephisto. Roscoe del Tane and Senator Cybus both were posting over their own materials. Materials not posted over include those by Prince Cherico, Jaegermeister, Dark Brandon and mastermind, among others. Whiz Kid was going to post his own over, but no telling what is going on there.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

not sure if this has been done yet....

Mater Expulsion: Money-Coinage
"Yes, I'm very popluar with the people."

This power lets it's user create coins to form Armor, blunt weapons, or to shoot out from them or to encase items or people with coins. 7% + 7% per level of the coins remain after the user discontinues maintaining the power. The type of coins is selected at the time of char creation, or when they gain the power. (quarters, half dollars, dollars, euros, pounds) However, the coins can not be gold, silver nor platinum.

Metal Armor: This creates a suit of scale mail like armor [taking 15 sec to fully form] with a AR of 19. [not nat AR] The NDC of this armor is 240 NDC and regenerates ether at 2d6 NDC per melee while in combat or a full renewing of the NDC if the user spends a full melee round with out attacking. To the user this suit of coins is weightless and has no skill penalties.

Coin Expulsion: 30' + 10' per Level, 1d6 ND per Level can not regulate the amount of damage.

Create Coins: Users can create individual coins in their hands.

Create Metal Hand Held weapons: Taking 5 sec to form any sort of melee weapon this power. However, any edged weapons will have a blunted edge.
Range: Melee or Throw, Damage: +1d6 ND per weapon type, the weapon is weightless to the user.

Encase in Coins: Lets the user cover an object or person in coins. This covering may act like chains to bind the person. Even if the head of the person is covered this does not cause asphyxiation.
Small: 3 sec to cover, 40 NDC, AR 17 (microwave oven, pair of arms or legs)
Med: 5 sec. to cover, 30 NDC, AR 15 (love seat, 50 gal barrel, half a person)
Large: 10 sec. to cover, 20 NDC, AR 13 ( human sized up to 10' tall, a car, half of a commercial delivery van.)
Big: 15 sec, to cover, 10 NDC AR 10 ( a whole commercial delivery van of the tractor part of an 18 wheeler)
Each is +10 NDC per level. The metal weighs the normal amount. About 200 pounds to cover a human sized target.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I did a matter Expulsion: Coins power a while back.

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... ion:_Coins
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Man-Hole (minor)
When pressed against a flat surface such as a floor or wall, the character becomes a doorway shaped as his own silhouette. This allows him to pass through surfaces a thickness equal to one foot per level. Sealing against a surface to enable this takes 2 melee attacks/actions to perform and one to remove himself but can be maintained as long as the character is pressed against the surface, during which time he can perform no other actions, up to the character's PE attribute number in minutes. If hit by energy attacks or if someone pulls on the edges of the doorway, the doorway becomes disrupted, so anyone caught inside the doorway when the character reverts back is pushed out of the way they went in. The doorway is sealed as if having a PS equal to that of the character to the wall, so pulling on the edges requires a PS equal to or greater than the character to disrupt the doorway.
taalismn
Priest

Useful power for a superpowered burglar.... :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
willthetiger
D-Bee

Is there a power that regrows lost limbs?I wanted a character who had healing factor and the ability to regen body parts without having to get one of the powerful major super regen powers.

(thanks in advance)
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Obliteration bolt: Minor
'I'll clear a path'

The character can fire a bolt of molecular energy that destabalises rather than damages a target.
Range: 75 feet plus 5 feet per level
Attacks: each use of the obliteration bolt counts as one or more attacks (see below)
Bonus to strtke : +3 on an aimed shot, +1 on a wild shot.
Damage: The obliteration bolt doesn't cause damage so much as it weakens objects struck.
Living targets lose 2% of their SDC (+1% at levels 3,6,9,12 and 15) and must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) or lose 1 PE point and one AR point(if applicable). Lost PE points recover at a rate of 1 per hour, along with lost natural AR. SDC or HP lost in this maner returns at a rate of 1 every 5 minutes
Unlving targets, or targets transformed into inorganic matter, lose 1 AR per hit and lose 4% of its SDC (affecting a 10x10 foot area).
The character can also expend all attacks for the melee round, and sacrafice his initiative. at the end of one melee round, he may fire the obliteration bolt at a single target. The target simply becomes holed, having a 2 foot wide hole cut into it to a depth of 10 feet (plus 2 per level) Objects behind the target are struck with a normal obliteration bolt. The character can expand the hole's width by 1 foot by sacrificing 2 feet of depth.

Holographic transferance: [major]
'Is that a new atomic discombobulator? I can't let you keep that'

The character can transform a target object into light, effectively turning it into a hologram.
The target object must be no less than 4 feet on a side and within 60 feet. Once transformed, the object remains a holographic projection for 1D4 minutes before solidifying again. a holographic object has no mass and cannot affect solid objects, nor intangible ones, though it will inflict normal damage (if a weapon) to creatures transformed into either light or darkness. a holographic object cannot pass through solid barriers, but cannot be picked up or held. Thus an opponent's weapon will pass through his hand and fall to the floor. The character can weild and carry transformed items (though they are still massless to others)

The character can use this power to parry an attack from a solid object. he must make a roll to do so wth a +6 bonus (and only +6). if successful the attacking object is transformed before impact. this can be applied against grenades (that go off while made of harmless light) as well as incoming gunfire.

The character's ability to interact with light in this fashion, allows him to harm creatures transformed into light or darkness. he can also defray the damage from light based attacks by turnign part of the energy inot harmless kinetic spray (half damage from light and darkness attacks)

Other abilities: Recognises light based illusions for what they are. can see through bent light camoflage and light based chameleon powers (but not magic or psionic illusions, nor regular camoflage or invisibility)

Solidify: minor
'Bullets? is that all you came with?'

The character can temporarilly become supersolid. when the character becomes supersolid, he triples his normal weight, drops his Spd score to 0 and his PP to half. he gains a natural armour rating equal to his PS or 16 (whichever is higher) and he gains a temporary SDC bonus equal to his PS score.
The character remains 'super solid' until he chooses not to be (which can be mere seconds before he launches an attack) or until his next attack/action. he may choose to simply 'stay supersolid' on his next action, which simply renews his temporary SDC.
The character gains the following combat options:
1) Heavy hitter: by acting last in a melee round, the character can launch a single, super heavy punch. he must have been supersolid for the combat round (his first action being to turn solid) and he must have made no other actions this round apart from remaining supersolid. The character can launch a single melee attack at a nearby target while retaining the residual benefits of his heaightened solidity. he adds +10 damage to the attack (+2 per level)
2) Combat hold: while holding an opponent, the character can turn supersolid. attempts to escape this hold treat the characters PS as being 10 points higher.
3) Impact absorption: The character may expend an action to turn supersolid as a defence. he rolls a 1D20 and adds 4 to the number. If he succeeds, the attack strikes his supersolid body. If he fails, the gets through. In any case the character loses the action from the end of the round, and may return to normal after the attack.

Toxic fall: major
'Rain drops keep falling on my head...'

The character can manipulate local moisture to become highly toxic and to precipitate on the area around him.
Out of doors, the toxic rainfall affects a 60 foot radius. The toxic rain requires 2 actions per round to create and maintain. during this time, the rain falls over the area. anyone not undercover takes 2D4 damage per melee round from acid. More importantly, water vapour breathed in is a debilitating toxin. all breathing creatures must make a saving throw vs non lethal toxin, or start to choke on fumes. those choking take -2 to all combat manoevres and -10% to all skills while affected.
Toxic rain falls for as ,long as it is maintained, plus 1 round per level. the runnoff from the rain remains poisonous for 1 minute per level.
The character can also affect other water sources. up to a half gallon per level can be made toxic. a half gallon of toxified water will inflict 2D4 damage per melee round to its container, as long as more than half the water is made toxic. This takes 2 actions to perform and requires the water be in open sight within 60 feet. The water remains toxic for one melee round per level.
the water in a target can be made toxic as well. The character must expend 2 actions and the target may make a saving throw (14+ required, PE bonuses apply). if the saving throw fails, the target takes 4D6 damage, and is racked with pain (-2 actions per melee round, -25% to all skills and -4 to all combat abilities as well as half speed) The character must make a new saving throw each round or take damage again (3d6 on the next round, 2 d6 on the next and finally 1D6 on the last)
Other abilities: +15 SDC. the character is immune to acids, and has a +4 to saving throws vs poisons and toxins (and is immune to his own)

Shocking speed: [minor]
'The pain is immense, but it's worth it to put you down Horrendus'

The character absorbs residual energy from energy sources and uses it to fuel his actions.
The character takes half damage from energy attacks. furthermore, when he takes any damage from energy, he gains an additional action for that melee round. The character can gain an extra +1 action per round at first level, plus one more each level.

Cancerous control: [major]
'You may not like me Captain heroic, but you will find that I will grow on you'

By touching a target and sacraficing both hsi own body, and 2 action, the character can infect a target with a virulent, cancerous mass through which he can exert control over the target'
The character must expend 2 actions and touch a target (who must be already incapacitated, or touched in combat with a third action) if he does so, he may sacrafice up to 1 HP per level. The target must make a saving throw (16+ PE bonuses apply) if he fails, then he grows a lump, typically on his back or stomach roughly the size of a human fist. this lumpy growth inflicts 2D4 Damage when it grows (and half of it is under the surface of the skin) and the lump has 1D6 SDC per HP expended, plus 2 per level of the character. The lump shares the targets resitances and invulnerabilities. furthermore, any damage to the lump is inflicted upon the target as well.
as an action the character can perform any of the following abilities:
* spy on the target, as long as the target is within 1/2 mile per level. the character can see and hear through the growth
* destroy the lump: by destroying all or part of the growth the chacater also inflicts the same damage to the host. this must be done within 1/2 mile per level of the target.
* control the host: by expending an action, the character can force a target to take a simple reflexive action. the control is fleeting and jerkish. attack rolls are done with half normal bonuses, and while it can activate a target's power, he cannot do that and force the target to aim at the same time. the target may make a saving throw (16+ ME bonuses apply) to resist but doing so counts as an action. the character can only do this once per melee round to a target, but if he has infected multiple targets he can affect different targets in the same round.
Other bonuses: Tumour armour: by sacraficing 5 HP, the character can grow a shield of 45 SDC worth of tumourous growths. this reduces his PB to 1D6 but grants him an AR of 9. In addition, as he can sense through his tumours, he gains a kind of 360 degree vision and cannot be snuck up upon and gains +2 to initiative. he may cancel this armour at will.

Load power: [minor]
'prepare for trouble battle man, I have unfolding sunflower attack prepped and ready'

The character can hold power inside himself and unleash it at a future time. The character can use a power, but hold it instead of letting it go off. doing so reduces the character's Spd by 5%, his initiaitve by 2 and reduces his actions per melee round by 1 for each action it would take to use the power. at a later time, the character can release the held powers as additional actions in the melee round. The power gets used and the character recieves his held actions as well.
[Eg: Thundergrrl has this power, as well as EE electricity. Normally she has five actions per melee round, but in anticipation of a battle with the ground pounders, she holds two energy blasts back. While held back, he spd is reduced by 10% and her initiative by -4 and she is limited to three actions per melee round. after two rounds of this, behemoth gets stunned by her teammate Karatechick. she unleashes her normal attacks for that round (3) then her held actions (2) plus the two energy blasts she had been holding on to (2). Later she finds herself surrounded by multistar the multiplier. she spends four actions Storing her EE: electrical field. next round she unleashes her held electrical field, plus gets her full compliment of attacks that round]

Temporary split: [minor]
'I'll hit him high...and low'

The character can split into two beings that share power and remerge at the end of the melee round.
The character expends an action to perform this feat. he divides into two beings, each with full HP but only half their SDC and PS scores (and ISP/PPE where applicable) each character has normal skill usage, but powers are reduced by 2 levels in efectiveness when split (or half effect if 1st or second level)
At the end of the melee round, the two forms remerge. either one folds toward the other, or the character reforms at the midpoint between the two sides. SDC of the two forms are combined into one, and HP are averaged out. If the two sides are seperated and prevented from remerging (by being prvented from teleportation, or seperated by more than just time) then only one form survives (players choice) the other dies, while the survivor see's his HP averaged with 0 and his SDC halved. his PS and power levels are restored to normal.

Regrow limbs: [minor]
'Dangit...my watch was on that arm..'

The character can regrow external limbs and minor organs quicly and painlessly. an eye, ear, tongue, finger or toe regrows by the end of a melee round. a hand or foot or skin the area equivilent of a dinner plate regrows in 1d4 melee rounds. while an arm or leg regrows within 2D4 melee rounds.
The character can heal instantly 2D6 HP or SDC up to 4 times per day, or instantly recover as much as a single whole limb.
In addition, the rapid healing means the character recovers 1HP or 2SDC per hour, and skin closes over so fast that he cannot bleed. Once seperated from the character, lost blood and flesh turns to carbon and ash.

Batts
Last edited by Iczer on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Neutralising armour: [minor]
'I don't care what he thinks he can do. I can take it'

The character can form a sheet of armour overhimself that offers minimal physical protection, but vast protection from super abilities.
1) armour plate: the character grows armour over his body, sacrificing 10% of his Spd and reducing skill usage by 10%. In return he gains an AR of 10 and an SDC boost of 50.
2) metaphysical protection: The armour, when chosen provides protection from one of three sources.
* Physical armour: whenever the character is forced to make a saving throw, if his PE bonus should apply or if no attribute bonus should apply, then he may sacrifice SDC on a 1:1 basis to bulk up his saving throw.
* Mental armour: whenever the character is forced to make a saving throw, if his ME bonus should apply or if no attribute bonus should apply, then he may sacrifice SDC on a 1:1 basis to bulk up his saving throw.
* Magical armour: whenever the character is forced to make a saving throw vs magic, if he may sacrafice SDC on a 1:1 basis to bulk up his saving throw.
3) other bonuses: while his armour is active, (and it remains even if its SDC is depleted) the character's hands and feet do +2 damage in melee combat, and he may parry weapons with his bare hands.
SDC of the armour recovers at a rate of 1/5 minutes. this rate is doubled when the armour is 'down'

Revolving evolution: [Minor]
'Hold him off guys while I wait for acid projection'

The character has a new mutation every melee round, a veritable arsenal of uncontrolled extra attacks and defences.
at the start of any melee round, the character may roll a D6 (if he doesn't, then this power stops working for the round). during that round, the character has access to the following corresponding power.
1) Acid projecting: The character develops an orifice that can squirt acid up to 40 feet with +4 to strike. the target of the acid spray suffers 2D6 damage and another 1D6 on the following round.
2) paralytic mucus: The character develops an orifice that squirts a toxic mucus up to 40 feet with +4 to strike. a target struck by this mucus must make a saving throw (16+ PE bonus applies) or lose 10 from his Spd and PP scores, as well as one attack per melee. this effect persists for 1D4 rounds.
3) blinding spray: The character grows an orifice that squirts a sparay of blinding chemicals. if an opponent gets this in his eyes (a called shot is required, +2 to strike) he is temporarily partially blinded for one melee (-4 to combat manoevres, and cannot target an foes beyond his IQ in feet away)
4) Bio-electric assault: the character develops contact points on his skin, especially his hands. if he strikes someone with his bare hands or is in contact with a target 9such as, being grappled) he may inflict an extra 2D4 damage to the target who must make a saving throw (16+ PE bonuses apply) or lose an action from stunning.
5) smoke generation: the character develops an orifice that genrates a projected smoke spray. this smoke spray can create a cloud up to 10 feet thick either around himself, or around a target within 40 feet. targets in the cloud, including the character are effectively blind (-8 to combat rolls)
6) adrenline burst: The character gains +6 to PS and PP and one extra attack for the melee round.
Other bonuses: the character gans +4D6 to his SDC and +2 to his PE score.

Mutevolve: [Minor]
'Don't worry, I have limbs to spare'

The character can select an evolution from the following as an action. he gains only one at a time, but can swap one for another as an action.
* Wings: the character gains a pair of fleshy wings that allow him to fly at 4 times his normal Spd score. the character cannot hover with them, and has no inherant protection from high altitudes. while flying, the character has +2 to initiative and +4 to dodge.
* legs: the character grows an extra pair of legs. this adds +10 to his Spd score, allows him to run for an hour without fatigue and gives him +20% to checks to maintain his balance. a two legged kick adds +5 to damage.
* extra arms: an extra pair of arms adds +1 attack per melee and +2 to parry.
* tail: a combat tail inflicts 2D6 damage with +2 to strike (plus PP bonus) plus an extra attack. a prehensile tail inflicts 1D4 damage but acts as a partial hand and adds one attack per melee round (plus adds +10% to climb)
* Body armour: adds plates to the body adding an AR of 14 and allowing the character to parry weapons bare handed.
* Internal organs: doubles the characters Hit points and ceases all internal bleeding. adds +2 to saving throws vs poisons
* eyes: by growing dozens of eyes the character can see in all directions (cannot be snuck up upon) and +2 to initiative.

Other bonuses: add +10 to SDC and +1D4 to PE.
If the character posesses other 'permanent' mutations, he may supress them by expending a single action to 'retract' them. this includes any apperance modifying mutations he may have acquired.

Bio-weakness field: [minor]
'You are getting very very sleepy'

The character exudes a field that weakens living beings sapping their abilities.
each round a target spends in the character's effective radius (30 feet) each living creature must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) or become progressively more and more fatigued. each failed aving throw reduces the target's speed by 10%, his attacks by 1 and his skill usage by 5% and combat bonuses drop by 1. these penalties fade after two complete rounds outside the field. when a target is reduced to no attacks per melee round, his saving throw each round determines whether he falls asleep or not.
This field affects everyone within the character's radius, even allies. by expending one action per melee, the character can reduce the targets to one within range.
targets not completely within the radius (such as targets who are ducking in and out due to high speed run by attacks, or giant creatures who do not fit within the 30 foot radius, enjoy a +2 to saving throws vs this power.

Spatial brambles [major]
'I have you right where I want you'

The character can generate a field of spatial ripples that hang suspended in air. these ripples occupy an area 30 feet across (plus 10 feet per level) anyone who enters the area, or who moves through the area is affected by this power while it persists (as long as the character concentrates and remains within 100 feet of the affected area)
Affected creatures suffer 1D6 damage every round that they move more than 30 feet out of the affected area, plus an additional 1d6 damage per 30 feet. any target that can move more than 30 feet (plus 30 feet per level of the character) can escape his bonds.
affected creatures who attempt to teleport out of the area find that they take 4D6 damage by doing so and are snapped back to their starting point
The character can tighten the field on a single target within the affected area inflicting 3D6 damage
ranged attacks through the area are also affected by the brambles. physical projectiles, as well as leap attacks, charges or tackles suffer a -6 to strike. energy attacks work just fine.
The character is immune to this power, as are anyone he chooses to release from it.
The character is aware of the physical location of any targets within his brambles (he feels them like a spider feels creatures in its web). he cannot be suprised by targets (unless he has made them immune to the effects) and enjoys a +2 to parry and dodge opponents stuck in his web.
as this power requires a little concentration to maintain, he may perform other actions, but loses control of this power if he maintains another, or loses actions due to stunning or other effects.

Ice arsenal: [Major]
'I'll show you what I've got'

The character has a broad spectrum of ice and cold attacks available to him. unless otherwise stated, any ice attack from this power enjoys a damage bonus equal to 1 per level. and requires a single action.
1) Ice shards: the character can fire up to four icy shards at an opponent. this attack has either a +4 bonus to strike (one shard) a +3 (two shards) plus 2 (three shards) or plus 1 (4 shards). the shards are launched as a single attack. if it strikes it inflicts 2D6 damage plus one D6 per extra shard.. Ice shards have a range of 90 feet
2) Ice chunks: +4 to strike with a single solid block of ice, inflicting 2D6 damage. alternatively, the character can manifest the block above the target's head, but the bonus to strike is dropped to 0 but damage rises to 5D6. this attack can be used up to 60 feet away (30 for the dropped ice chunk)
3) snow: a mass of suddenly materialised snow hits for 2D4 damage out to 60 feet. a struck target must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) or lose initiative from the snow bomb to the face.
4) Ice ray: the character creates an ice ray that inflicts 1D4 damage per level of the character out to 120 feet with a +6 to strike.
5) flashfreeze: the character can attempt to just freeze the flesh and blood of a target. the target, who must be within 30 feet, makes a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply). if he succeeds, he takes 1D4 damage. if he fails, he takes 3D6 damage, plus a HP damage and suffers a -2 to all combat and -10% to skill use due to frostbitten flesh. penalties for frostbite do not add up, but damage does. the penalties dissapear in 10 minutes (5 if given a warm fire and first aid) flashfreeze can also freeze up to a gallon of freestanding water per level, or inflict 4D6 damage (plus 2D6 per level) to targets made of water. this attack requires 2 actions.
6) Ice lance: the character can make a stabbing, slashing or bludgeoning weapon. this crude weapon inflicts 2D6 damage (plus PS bonus) it has no bonus to strike unless the character has a relevant WP.
7) Ice fists: the character can freeze his forearms, adding 2D4 to any bare handed strike and is able to parry weapons with hsi bare hands.
8) other abilities: takes no damage from cold, and can reduce the damage of heat and fire by half

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Ground manipulation [Major]
'The earth you are standing upon is my weapon'

The character can alter and flex the earth he is standing on. this power is most effective on bare earth and natural rock, but is still somewhat effectiove on asphalt and concrete

1) slick earth: The character can liquify a half inch of earth or rock out to 60 feet. targets in the area lose traction and must move at half normal speed to prevent slipping. anyone who moves at more than half normal speed, performs a kick, a charge a tackle must check vs balance or fall (1D6 damage, lose an action and initiative) and more importantly, will slide in a random direction for 3D6 feet. it takes 2 actions to do this, and it lasts for one minute per level.
2) Ground hammer: the character can cause a short pillar or spike of earth to leap upwards. it can leap up to 6 feet to strike an opponent. becuas eof the unexpected nature of the attack, the target is -4 to dodge or parry it (it has +3 to strike) an opponent struck takes 2D6 damage.
3) Flip: the character can attempt to trip an opponent. if the opponent is touching the affected area (within 60 feet) he may knock his opponent down. the opponent may dodge (at -4, it has +3 to strike) if he fails to dodge, he is knocked down (lose one action, feet and lose initiative)
4) Push: the character may exert sudden force from the ground and move it like a 3 foot wave. this exerts a PS equal to the character's ME (extraordinary) Objects in the way are either moved with it or aside. if it meets another character, then the two forces may oppose PS scores. if the target wins, then the force stops. otherwise the target is knocked down. if an inanimate object is too heavy to move with the PS score, it takes 1D6 damage plus any PS bonus. the PS score is halved if this effect is done on concrete or asphalt.
5) entrap: The character can cause the earth to grab at the ankles of any target. if this attack is undodged (-4 to dodge, is +3 to hit) then his feet and ankles are encased in earth (20 SDC AR 8) an entraped target is pretty much able to do normal actions except move from his spot.
6) sense: the character can feel the motions of anyone on the ground and can precisely target them. he cannot be snuck up upon and he can accuratly target them (though as he cannot tell what their hands are doing, he has a -4 to dodge or parry the attacks of unseen individuals.

Sliderails [minor]
' look ma. No skateboard'

The character can generate a straight or mildly curved rail of light. when he does so, he rockets along it's length, stopping at the end.
To lay the rail takes an action. a rail is 30 feet long, plus 5 feet per level. it remains for one melee round or until abandoned. at any time, if the character chooses, he may attach to it. if he does he races to the end. this allows him to cross hazardous terrain and even open air as long as his rails allow.
at the end of the rail the character has two choices. he can either stall, which stops him harmlessly, or he can maintain momentum. if he maintains momentum, he shoots up to the rail's length across and one third that high. the rail itself can be created to curve up to one third it's length up, or turn up to 90 degrees across it's entire length.
If the character wants to just move, he may skate the rails at triple his normal speed, but this requires all his concentration to do so, needing to forge new rails at the end of each length. if he is struck by any attack (which is -6 to strike) then he tumbles off the rails taking 2D6 damage. if he is falling he has one chance to create new rails, otherwise he starts to fall too fast and will fall past the lenght of any rails he creates. the character should make an initiative roll. if he rolls 14 or more, he can forge a length of rail to catch himself in time. If those rails can't take him to safety , he then shoots off them at the end of the length (though he may cancel his momentum, and make a new roll vs initiative to make new ones)

Putrid form: [major]
'To fight monsters, I must now become one'
The character can putrefy his flesh to gain significant power but increased fragility.
1) weakened flesh: the character's flesh and body becomes toxic and enfeebled. he loses half his SDC and half his PS. his corpse like form has a PB of 2D4 and smells like freshly putrefying meat. his blood and tongue turns black, as do his gums adding to his horrific countenence. Bullets and peircing attacks inflict half damage and critical hit do no extra damage. he does not heal while in his putrid form
2) heightened power: in return for physical putresence, he gains substantial superpowerd might. All other super abilities work as if he were three levels higher than normal. in addition all his powers that have a saving thow component, will see that saving throw increase by 2, and he recieves 2 extra attacks per melee, exclusibvely for the use of superpowers (no physical attacks or actions). while putrefied, he is immune to toxins and poisons (though he still needs to eat and breathe) and enjoys a +6 to his PE score.
3) other notes: changing forms takes 1D4 melee rounds. when he transforms from putrid flesh to normal flesh, his current SDC doubles. His PB and PS remain reduced after transformation, but recover at arate of one per melee round.

Minionise [Major]
'arise my friend. In death, may you adopt the grace you did not posess when among the living'

The character can reanimate the dead. as potent an ability as this is, it comes with several caveats.
The body must be whole. it can have wounds, even grevious ones. but it cannot be missing a head. The dead body does not rot, but it does not repair itself upon ressurection. the body can be dead no longer than 30 days.
The newly risen creture is a walking corpse, held animate by the character's power and as such it has a few limitations to its new lfe. It will last one week. aftre that it begins to feel a craving for its creators presence. after one week without being within 30 feet of its creator it begins withdrawal (roll for withdrawal as if it were recovering from drug addiction) It cannot eat, and as a corpse it is pretty cold. the character's power keeps it from rotting, but it cannot heal either. as a corpse it need not breathe either and is pretty mch immune to deprivation in all its forms. If the character so wishes it, he can simply stop maintaining the traget's power supply, either killing it, or denying it from recovery during its withdrawal.
a newly risen corpse has 50 SDC. as the undead it is immune to critical hits, and any thing that can only affect the living. it has the attributes it had in life, but it lacks most non physical powers. it enjoys a +6 to PS.
a newly risen corpse is free willed, but it has half normal ME and a -4 to IQ and MA. it can be coerced by the creator to serve it, usually by the threat of re-death or regular power starvation.
The character can maintain a 'posse' of 3 minions per level. a minion must be destroyed, or willfully slain for the character to make more (minions that are in withdrawal but not slain count toward this total).

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mephisto wrote:darn and here I thought Iczer was going to let us all catch up to him...

HEH. sorry man. Just thought I'd gone too long without weighing in.

batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nice work, Iczer. I will be busy posting them to the wiki later. And maybe they will inspire some powers of my own.
willthetiger
D-Bee

Cool thanks Izer for the regrowth,was just what I needed.
taalismn
Priest

Iczer wrote:[
Shocking speed: [minor]
'The pain is immense, but it's worth it to put you down Horrendus'

The character absorbs residual energy from energy sources and uses it to fuel his actions.
The character takes half damage from energy attacks. furthermore, when he takes any damage from energy, he gains an additional action for that melee round. The character can gain an extra +1 action per round at first level, plus one more each level.
Batts

Yah know...,this power actually makes it worth my while to carry my laser tool pen, and have it set to automatically zap me for one-two points of damage every melee round, just to punch up my APMs(would take an APM to turn it OFF, and hopefully I wouldn't be so badly injured by the time combat was over that I'd inadvertantly kill myself by automatic laser-stabber)...Regeneration should take care of the extra damage... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Under Solidify, you are unclear, Iczer:

Iczer wrote:he gains a natural equal to his PS or 16

Natural what???
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

urk?!?

my bad..typing too fast for the slow brain I think.

Natural Armour.

editing now

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Leon Kennedy wrote:
Iczer wrote:Minionise [Major]
'arise my friend. In death, may you adopt the grace you did not posess when among the living'

The character can reanimate the dead. as potent an ability as this is, it comes with several caveats.
The body must be whole. it can have wounds, even grevious ones. but it cannot be missing a head. The dead body does not rot, but it does not repair itself upon ressurection. the body can be dead no longer than 30 days.
The newly risen creture is a walking corpse, held animate by the character's power and as such it has a few limitations to its new lfe. It will last one week. aftre that it begins to feel a craving for its creators presence. after one week without being within 30 feet of its creator it begins withdrawal (roll for withdrawal as if it were recovering from drug addiction) It cannot eat, and as a corpse it is pretty cold. the character's power keeps it from rotting, but it cannot heal either. as a corpse it need not breathe either and is pretty mch immune to deprivation in all its forms. If the character so wishes it, he can simply stop maintaining the traget's power supply, either killing it, or denying it from recovery during its withdrawal.
a newly risen corpse has 50 SDC. as the undead it is immune to critical hits, and any thing that can only affect the living. it has the attributes it had in life, but it lacks most non physical powers. it enjoys a +6 to PS.
a newly risen corpse is free willed, but it has half normal ME and a -4 to IQ and MA. it can be coerced by the creator to serve it, usually by the threat of re-death or regular power starvation.
The character can maintain a 'posse' of 3 minions per level. a minion must be destroyed, or willfully slain for the character to make more (minions that are in withdrawal but not slain count toward this total).

Batts

Pretty decent power there. But I've got a few questions:

1. You state that the body cannot be dead/deceased for more than 30 days. Would it be more prudent to have this be tied to the character's level? Say, a set number of days (like 3-5) per level of the character?

when designing powers it's always a tough choice as to wether you are going to go for a fixed number or make it vary by level. I wanted, obviously, a limit so that people aren't going to try to ressurect local mummies, long dead heroes, elvis etc. One month seemed like a good round number. all biochemical processes have ceased by that point (aside from putrefication) so it sort of kept the power within the range of the poorly defined comic book physics we have all come to know and love. all in all It was a judgement call that i had to make, nothing more.

2. The same goes for the amount of time the corpse can stay away from its creator. By making this tied to the character's level, wouldn't this give higher level characters greater flexibility in being away from their creations? I mean, if you have to travel halfway across the galaxy to save the universe, your creations are going to start withering away while you're gone.

This is another judgement call. I wanted to represent that the animated body needed recharging , however passively, from the character (I like my science to be pseudo flavoured). Notably, the animated body can live in perpetuity, just in suffering after the week long period.
I did envision that this power would be more bad guy than good guy (though YMMMV) so unless you were attached to a particular minion (hey..she might be cute) a bad guy could simply let them re-die and reanimate them again when he gets back 9presuming he's back in 30 days i suppose)

3. If the corpse is similar to the undead (specifically zombies), then why not eliminate IQ, MA, and ME altogether when reanimated? If it is a zombie, then wouldn't having any sort of IQ/MA/ME make it able to think for itself and therefore pose problems for the creator? Or is the thing completely bound to its creator?

I was actually shooting for thinking minions rather than undead terrors. The power kick starts the brain again and gets the old nervous system moving around. the brain works (it has to to operate the muscles after all) it's just not as fine tuned as it was.
These are not mindless minions, but individuals brought back into dead skins and being forced on threat of pain and suffering to work for the character. they retain their skills, and memories, as well as alignment.
On the issue of death, I have deliberately not defined whether the target is brought back from the dead, or the body restarts with the old machinery running and simply believes that he's the original. the matter of the soul remians in the hands of the GM.

4. I can see having 50 SDC as an animated corpse, but what about natural AR? What if the corpse had a natural AR of 12 or 14 due to tough/thick/lumpy skin or some type of genetic aberration/marker that gave it a natural AR? Would it still have this natural AR in un-death too?

case by case basis. I mentioned that natural, and inborne powers remain. Physically I meant things like claws, wings, tails, spines etc. if the target had natural armour in life (say a reanimated donatello for instance) then he can keep it in his new life.
Outside of natural AR, other powers are awkward, and I've been bad in that I'm leaving the decision of powers to the GM. essential bio-chemical life processes are gone, so a lot of powers are not available anymore. anything that defies physics should be gone. everything else kept.

5. What about speed? Does it retain its speed from life, or is it now slow moving?

It has the normal speed in death as it had in life. Extreme injuries not withstanding though. If the victim died with shattered femurs it's in a poor state when its woken. GM call

Batts

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”