NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Iczer wrote:urk?!?

my bad..typing too fast for the slow brain I think.

Natural Armour.

editing now

Batts

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant. It was surprising to see such a glaring error, though.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Iczer wrote:[Temporary split: [minor]
'I'll hit him high...and low'

The character can split into two beings that share power and remerge at the end of the melee round.
The character expends an action to perform this feat. he divides into two beings, each with full HP but only half their SDC and PS scores (and ISP/PPE where applicable) each character has normal skill usage, but powers are reduced by 2 levels in effectiveness when split (or half effect if 1st or second level)
At the end of the melee round, the two forms remerge. either one folds toward the other, or the character reforms at the midpoint between the two sides. SDC of the two forms are combined into one, and HP are averaged out. If the two sides are separated and prevented from remerging (by being prevented from teleportation, or separated by more than just time) then only one form survives (players choice) the other dies, while the survivor see's his HP averaged with 0 and his SDC halved. his PS and power levels are restored to normal.
Batts

Is the HP and SDC temporary till they heal normally, or Temporary an can't use the power till he has heal back to full HP &SDC, or Permanent, or perm. and can't use the power ever again
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Iczer wrote:[Temporary split: [minor]
'I'll hit him high...and low'

[/color]. his PS and power levels are restored to normal.
Batts

Is the HP and SDC temporary till they heal normally, or Temporary an can't use the power till he has heal back to full HP &SDC, or Permanent, or perm. and can't use the power ever again

if one of the copies dies, or is unable to return by the end of that melee round, then one 'dies' so to speak. HP and SDC loss is temporary, you heal them back as per normal. it is a big loss, but it's not a circumstance you have to worry about too often.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mephisto wrote:Love the Mutevolve power, was wondering how I was going to make Variant Beast work as a character, now he'll be easier to construct.

always my pleasure.

The goal is pump another 30 powers out in the next week (assuming work doens't call me in early that is)

as always I do requests.

batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Ground Round (minor)
The character can transmute dirt and rocks held into bullets in a single action. He creates three bullets at a time at level one, plus an additional bullet at levels 4, 8 and 12. Bullets so created have a signature marking on the casings and tool marks which identify them with the character. Damage for each bullet created is 3d6 at level one, plus 1d6 damage at levels 4, 8 and 12, and can be fired as single shots only. Bullets revert back to dirt and rock after 24 hours even if unused, making tracing them back to the source impossible after that time, and making the dirt useless for making into bullets again.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Ground Round (minor)

"Don't this guy EVER run out of bullets?"
"On Texas soil? Sheriff Stone ain't NEVER run out of ammo on his home turf!"

Good power.... :-D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

If you’re having problems coming up with powers Iczer, here are several ideas:

Corrosive Crystal +Minor+
The hero can encase their enemies in crystaized acid as well as form barriers and cages.

Energy Expulsion: Energy Webs +Minor+
The hero can launch webs of spun energy to entangle or capture targets.

Energy Expulsion: Ectoplasm +Minor+
The hero can launch blobs of ectoplasm to harm spectral enemies.

Shrink Regeneration +Minor+
The hero can regenerate body parts by rearranging his cells as the new parts, though this causes body mass to shrink.

Barnacle +Minor+
The hero is able to initiate a chemical reaction that turns moisture into a solid shell, containing someone within a constrictive carapace.

Apephibian +Major+
The hero can transform into a “Missing Link” like creature, an amphibious beast of both ape and fish traits.

Peacock Blades +Major+
The hero has tail feathers like that of a peacock at the base of his spine. The difference being that theses feathers are quite sharp and can be removed and used as throwing blades and swords.

Sarcophagus +Major+
The user is able to create a capsule of energy around her that can transport her to the afterlife. But only for a set amount of time before the necrotic energies sap the life from her.

Cronus Trigger +Major+
“Sorry we couldn’t kill Hourglass boss, but Jed needed a nap and my back aches like crazy”
When any firearm wielded by the hero is fired, the ammunition is replaced with temporal energy. Upon impact, the “time bullets” switches between ageing and rejuvenating the target.

Animal Fusion (Major)
“I can’t tell, is that an Elegator or an Alliphant?”
The user can seamlessly merge two animals together to create a super animal with select traits that obeys the user’s will. Cannot merge animals with humans or mythical beasts.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

the ideas that showed up in my mind today seem like they would be prime fodder for this:

an energy ability, perhaps major, that sheathes one of the character's arms in the energy type of their choice(chosen when the power is taken, i'd imagine). in addition to the basic uses of having a ready source of said energy, it would allow the character to extend the energy to melee weapons in a manner similar to power weapon from PU1, and would also allow the character to charge/empower a bullet(would work through a gun, but would only charge one at a time) to hold its own charge of energy.

a minor shapechanging ability that would allow the character to grow one of their arms to a very large size, nearly twice the size of the rest of their body. this would grant the arm great strength and a heavy resistance to damage, but would obviously make it impossible to perform delicate tasks with it.

oddly enough, neither of these ideas had anything to do with one another; the energy sheathe idea, i've been pondering for a while now, and the arm growth just came from thinking about any number of characters in comics, cartoons, games, and movies that have one massive arm and one normal.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Iczer: Nice set. I particularly liked Sliderails.

89er: Get your head out your arse and write those yourself. All you ever do is make work for other people. I can see why some of the more active posters do requests, since they have usually tried to write the powers and failed, but you seem to just be constantly coming up with concepts and then just passing the ball.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Energy Webs has potential, but I see it being a major, not a minor. Some of the other powers 89er lists have already been done.
taalismn
Priest

Sleep Control(Major)
“You look a little tired...Not getting enough sleep? I can fix that!”

The superbeing can control the sleep patterns of others, being able to put them instantly to sleep, or keep them awake. The superbeing can also control the quality of the sleep.
Range: Touch or 20 ft+5 ft per level of experience, unless otherwise noted.
Effects:
*Induce Sleep---The superbeing can put a person to sleep(for 1d6,+1 per level of the inducer’s experience, hours), and can keep them sleeping, long past their normal circadian wake-up cycle...Targets get a saving throw vs Psychic Attack to keep from succumbing to this attack; victims already asleep also get a saving throw, but at -4.
A less powerful version of this power can be used to affect larger areas, although the sleep effect will be less deep; the superbeing can affect everybody in a 60 ft radius of themselves+15 ft per level of level of experience. In this case, victims get a saving through, but if they fail, they will only be put out for 15 minutes+1d6 +5 minutes per level of experience.
*Prevent Sleep---Conversely, the superbeing can prevent a person from falling asleep, or even resting, for 10 hours, +1 hour per level of the inducer’s experience. This can prevent a person from being able to recover from fatigue, replenish ISP/PPE reserves, and, if maintained long enough, endanger their health and sanity. People not sleeping for over 48 hours, will become increasingly cranky, irritable, and prone to errors(-15% to skill rolls, -1 to initiative, strike, dodge, and parry) and, for every additional 2 hours without rest, a cumulative 10% chance of suffering from delirium, hallucinations, and paranoia.
*Quality of Sleep---The superbeing can affect the quality of rest that an already sleeping person is having; either granting them a deep restful sleep free of nightmares, or a fitful, terrifying experience that leaves them anxious and fatigued(-1 to initiative, -1 to strike/parry/dodge until they get decent rest).
*Healing Sleep(Self or others)---This is a deep regenerative sleep that lasts (for 1d6,+1 per level of the inducer’s experience, hours) and DOUBLES the sleeper’s healing rate(or DOUBLES their Save vs Coma/Death/Disease rolls)
*Awaken---With a touch, the superbeing can awaken a sleeper, who will instantly wake up fully alert and conscious, with minimal disorientation. Even if they are still working off a fatigue debt from prior to falling asleep, they will not feel it for another 1d4 hours after re-awakening.
Other Bonuses:
*The superbeing themselves can go for their P.E. in days without sleep, without ill effect, and needs only 1d8 hours of sleep to recharge themselves afterwards.
*The superbeing is IMMUNE to superpower- and psionically-induced sleep attacks, and +6 to save versus chemically- and magically-induced sleep.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Mephisto wrote:Does the Sleep Control power affect Meditation, and if so what are the effects?

I'd say it should affect Meditation, since that's a form of rest(you can't properly meditate while jogging for instance) so it would make it diffcult, if not impossible, to attain a proper meditative state/trance(you might wind up sitting there going '....ommmmm....' or reflecting on how pretty the light playing on the water is, but you're not going to get any meaningful increased PPE/ISP recovery done...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Energy Webbing (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

A form of advanced energy control, the character can create strands of solid energy. Being made of energy, it can be created out of available electrons and photon particles, and disperses when the character is finished with it. Because the strands/lines are made of energy, the character can pull himself along it magnetically and "reel" himself in to the connecting point as well as to anything clung to or magnetically held by the webbing. It can be bent to bind prisoners and used to swing as an energy line/tether.

1. Energy Expulsion: Energy: Same as the minor superability (HU2 page 230)

2. Energy Net or Web: The character can generate a web of static electrons and photons, creating a solid holographic line which clings to objects or magnetically holds them. The energy shoots from the character's fingers; point and shoot. Pointing with a single finger emits a single beam tether strong enough to support its creator, plus up to 100 pounds of additional weight per level of experience. Releasing several tethers out of three or more fingers creates an energy net which can be used to capture and hold prisoners (with a static cling with a PS equivalent to the character's ME attribute number times two, or magnetically hold an iron-based metal with a Supernatural PS equivalent of the ME attribute times two), used to strap down cargo and equipment, or used as a safety net to catch a falling person or debris.
Getting caught in the web reduces a victim's number of attacks by half, causes them to lose initiative, and imposes a -5 strike, parry and dodge penalty if held only by static cling. Iron-based armor and objects are completely immobilized. Binding targets completely with energy webbing is also possible. Immobilizing them in such a way requires at least 4 melee attacks/actions. Completely bound victims are held with the same PS strength as iron-based metal, since the web will magnetically lock onto itself. Holographic web lines have an effective SDC equal to the character's ME attribute number times two per 10 feet of line used.
When a net is needed to catch a falling victim or object, the cling and magnetic effects may be canceled. The outer edge will still stick to fixed objects of metal to anchor it, though can be stuck to other objects for less holding strength. It can be used as a barrier to block a hallway/passage, or temporarily hold a door or window closed.
Range: Energy webbing can be fired up to 300 feet away, plus 10 feet per level of experience.
Area of Effect: The energy net can be attached to and spread between objects in a 60 foot radius.
Weight Tolerance: 300 pounds, plus 100 pounds per level.
Duration: The energy web lasts for as long as the hero remains in contact with it, and will remain for another ten minutes per level of experience before dissipating into residual energy which WILL be traceable on sensory equipment. The character can also choose to dissipate a single line/strand at a time as desired.
Damage: None, but the character can amplify it to do 1d4 damage per melee round to victims held by expending an additional action.
Attacks: An energy line can be created in just one melee attack/action by the superbeing, a net counts as two, and a larger net or web may require an entire melee round of concentration and work.
Bonuses: +2 to strike with an Aimed/Called Shot (plus any PP attribute and skill bonuses).

3. Energy Line/Tether: Creating a single line of energy, the character can use it as a swing line. It will allow the character to use his energy web as a quick shooting grapple and swing line to swing from building to building, or rappel across openings between buildings and chasms, and other swinging and clinbing purposes. It can be used to snare and immobilize opponents and to tie them up.
An energy line can be used as a tractor beam on metal objects or as a grappling line to reel in objects or victims, or to pull the character up. The entire energy line may be pulled up in one attack/action, allowing for quick ascents and descents, and has a PS equivalent to the character's ME attribute number times two.
The energy line has SDC equivalent to the character's ME attribute number times two per ten feet of line. Victims held are bound with the equivalent of Supernatural PS equal to the character's ME attribute number times two.
Range/Length of Line: 300 feet, plus 10 feet per level of experience.
Weight Tolerance: 300 pounds, plus 100 pounds per level.
Note: The character can swing at a speed of 60 mph, plus 5 mph per level, provided there are sufficient objects to swing from or between.
Damage: None.
Attacks Per Melee: Each use counts as one melee attack/action
Bonuses: +2 initiative (to shoot first), +2 to strike or disarm with an Aimed/Called Shot (plus any PP attribute and skill bonuses).

4. Energy Whip: Same as the minor superability (PU1 page 25)

5. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Immune to the cling and magnetic effects of his own lines and those created by those of others, and imune to electrical attacks.
Has no fear of heights or of speed, and gets +15% bonus to the Acrobatics and Gymnastics skills.
+1d4 PS
+2 PP
+2d6 SDC
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Necrotic bite [Minor]
'hmmm tasty'

The character has a set of 'retractable' fangs that can be used to inflict bite attacks.
the character's bite inflicts 2D6 damage (no PS bonus) but has a deletrious secondary effect.

The character's saliva infects the wound, eating flesh progressively. Upon being bitten, the target makes a saving throw vs lethal poison. If successful, he takes one point of damage per level of the biter and that ends the bite. If he fails, he takes the one point per level damage and he takes an extra 2 damage per round for each bite he has failed a saving throw on. he continues to take damage at the start of each melee round for one melee round per level, but each subsequent bite resets the duration. the target of multiple bites (and multiple failed saves) can quickly find himself suffering from deep wounds.

Despite the saving throw, the bites are not poison per se, but rather a flesh eating acid. immunity or resistance to toxins and poisons do not assit the target, though resistance to acids will. Obviously, targets that are not flesh and blood suffer no damage beyond the initial bite.

Deathblow [minor]
'Well well well. it seems we have to rethink your name 'mr immortal''

The character can leave targets with debilitating wounds that refuse to heal.
If the character strikes a target with an innate superpower or an unarmed attack, the target must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply). if he fails the saving throw, the target's innate healing factors shut down.
All forms of regeneration ceases for one hour per level. Worse, each hour without the ability to access his own healing factor (natural or superpowered) means that the target must make a saving throw each hour (14+) or lose 1D6 HP as his own slowed life processes make greater and greater demands on his body.

Terrorise: [major]
'quake in fear like your friends, like your allies and like your beloved city of Jersey!'

The character can initiate an area of terror, creating subsonic harmonics that rattle hardened heroes and terrifies common folk.
1) Horror factor field: with the least amount of effort, the character can radiate fear out to 30 feet. while he concentrates on doing so, he has a HF of 14
2) Horror screech: this subsonic screech can target a single individual with terror. The target must be within 50 feet for this ability to work. The target must make a saving throw vs HF 16 when targeted. If he fails he must immeadiately save vs insanity or develop a temporary phobia of the character. the HF lasts for the single melee round he is affeced, but any temporary insanity lasts 1 melee round per level.
3) Keening: The penultimate use of this power. the character can expend all actions continuously in order to emit a very long range keening. the initial area of effect is 10 feet, but it doubles in size every minute this power is maintained. (maximum radius is 16,000 feet) everyone in the affected radius begins to feel anxious, then nervous and then nauseous and frightened. each person in the area must amke a saving throw VS HF (14) every minute or begin to suffer its effects. riots break out as mass panic and hysteria seize the people in the affected area. rats, dogs, cats also are affected, adding to the relative carnage. Obviuosly the character needs to take a break every now and then, as continously keening is both taxing and boring. He can keen in this way for 10 minutes per point of PE he posesses. after keening, the character requiresa one hour break before he can resume.
4) drawbacks. this power works by subsonic soundwaves. they penetrate normal barriers less than 5 feet thick per level. deliberate soundproofing blocks them. characters with enhanced hearing will hear the waves, as well as feel the terror, but if they can hold themselves together they can track it to the source. characters immune to fear feel queezy rather than terror and are otherwise unnafected. characters immune or resistant to sonics can ignore all aspects of this power (and depending on the power in question, may be able to shield others) portable sound protection adds +1 to +4 to the saving throw depending on the complexity.
5) Other bonuses: the character is immune to fear and is resistant to soni damage 9and immune to sonic stunners)

Venomise: [Minor]
'Feel that...that's me. squeezing your heart'

The character can turn a body against its owner by a small molecular modification. The target, who ust be within 50 feet and line of sight, must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) in response to this power. A failure on the saving throw, means the target begins to suffer the effects.
The target begins to double over in pain, losing one action per melee and losing -2 to all combat rolls and -10% to all skill checks. The target takes 3D6 from the poison he produces, while poisoned, the target begins to swaet a black, red or green fluid from his nose, eyes and pores.
every minute, the target may make a new saving throw. if he fails then he continues to suffer from the effecst of poisoning. a target cannot suffer a 'double dose' of poison. Once the reaction starts it continues until resisted. it can be restarted by the character if he desires.
each attempt to poison a target requires 2 actions.

Mothers milk [minor]
'drink this..it will make you feel better'

The character has the capacity to excrete a clear fluid from his body that revitalises the healing process. anyone drinking the fluid heals 2D6 HP and 2D6 SDC for each melee action spent drinking. the fluid also acts as an antitoxin, allowing those suffering from poison effects to halve them, and gain a +4 to saving throws vs poison.
The character can exude enough of this mothers milk for one 'use' per point of PE. he regenerates one dose per hour per level. he may drink from himself.
Stored milk goes sour within 20 minutes. this is purely biological, so conventional methods of preparation can extend this (such as refridgeration)

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mothers Milk...Ewwwwwwwwww.
taalismn
Priest

You just don't wanna ask where it came from.... :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

into the vents - minor
"who is this guy, santa claus!?"
this unusual ability, one of the more "urban/city" type abilities, allows a character to shrink and contort their own body in dramatic and seemingly impossible ways, but only to squeeze through vents, pipes, chimneys, and any number of other man-made passages. this power simply does not work on any natural opening or passage; it must be a man-made passage for the power to function.
diameter reduction: the character is capable of squeezing through nearly any opening or passage, being able to reduce his body to a minimum of a single inch of diameter.
weight reduction: the character's weight will naturally adjust itself to accomodate the limitations of any passage he enters with this power. simply put, he will never have to worry about being too heavy.
speed: the character is capable of moving through passages with this power at half of his normal running speed.
attacks per melee: it costs the character two actions to squeeze into an opening.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Space trap: [major]
'You aren't going anwhere Hopper'

The character can craete a bubble in space that folds in on itself. Fundamentally anyone attempting to leave the bubble, appears on the other side of it, as if he has 'wrapped around space. those attempting to enter from outside are distorted so they pass through from one side to the other.
The bubble can be created up to 100 feet away +20 feet per level, and has an upper radius of 30 feet plus 10 feet per level. Items in the bubble are unharmed, so bisecting a wall or bridge with this power leaves the structures intact. if attempting to create the bubble over a target, the target may attempt to dodge, though he needs a 16 or better due to the near invisible nature of the bubble. It takes 3 actions to create the bubble but only one to maintain it.
targets inside the bubble are unable to escape. any movement past the inner radius just folds back on the reverse side. should a trapped person attempt to fire through the barrier, the attack 'wraps around' the other side, possibly striking himself in the back. attacks inward are useless aswell, as energy and projectiles skip the intervening space.
Ina pinch the character can use this to teleport short distances, by creating the bubble in an area, such as over a pit the character can leap at his created bubble and then skip the space it occupies.
A more deadly trick is to target a falling object with the bubble. created in mid air, the obejct inside falls, reaches the bottom and then wraps around to the top, building speed as it continues to fall, further and further.
The user can maintian this bubble for as long as he spends the concentration, and remains within range. he can create only one bubble at a time. It is impossible to see through the bubble (light is warped as well)
Teleportation is useless within the bubble, but the ability to bend space can be used to walk out of the side.

Mutation bolt: [minor]
'I'm about to do dreadful things to that beautiful face of yours'

The character can unleash a bolt of flesh melting energy, tearing and twisting flesh.
1) range: 45 feet plus 10 feet per level
2) Damage: 1D4 plus 1D4 per level. plus see below.
3) duration: instantaneous
4) attacks: each mutation bolt requires one action to perform
5) bonus to strike: +4 with aimed shots only.
6) other effects: aside from damage, each strike with a mutatyion bolt reduces the target's PB score by 1 (PB recovers at a rate of 1 per hour) In addition, when the target has taken 20 or more damage (and for every 20 damage he has taken) he must make a saving throw (16+ PE bonuses apply) or roll on the random mutation chart, as well as lose one action due to painfull metamorphosis. acquired mutations persist for one hour.

Personal hurricane [minor]
'sorry about the breeze guys..unpleasant side effect. you can go back to your card game'

The character can generate a mini hurricane around himself, giving him a measure of lift and propulsion.
By expending one action per round, the character can lift himself 3-5 feet off the ground and move at double his normal Spd score.
He can also double his leaping distances by adding a little extra push, and he ignores the damage for any fall.
if he is expending the action per round to keep this up, he gains +2 to dodge and attacks with light ranged weapons (arrows and thrown projectiles mostly) are automatically deflected.

Trance: [minor]
'less talky. more thinky'

The character can spend a few minutes and enter a trance which enhances his higher brain functions but lowers his physical co-ordination.
While in a trance (one melee to enter or leave) the character gains +6 to IQ, ME and MA while lowering his PP by 8 and his Spd and actions per melee by half.

Petrify: [minor]
'Like sands through the hourglass...he he he'

The character can cause a target to bleed sand and dust. the target must be within 60 feet and must fail a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) or lose 2D4 HP. his vital fluids dehydrate and turn to sand and glass, shooting the distance to collect at the character's feet. this requires 2 actions ont he character's behalf.
The character can forge this sand into simple solid objects weighing no more than 5 pounds, including crude arrows, blades and spearheads. a character kileld with this power turns completely to dust and sand.

Absorb Power: [minor]
'I like what you are trying to do..it won't work but I do like it'

The character has a measure of resiatnec vs superpowers. when a superpower forces the character to make a saving throw to resist it, if he succeeds he regenerates 2D4 HP or SDC plus one per level of the attacking character.
(note: powers that create poisons and toxins do not help this character. the saving throw is Vs a toxin in this case, not a distinct superpower. at the GM's option, this may apply vs psionic powers as well but never to magic.)

Batts
taalismn
Priest

Lock Transformation(Minor)
"That's pretty amazing, being able to turn yourself into a rat like that, Beastman...pity you need something with opposable thumbs right now..."

This power allows the superbeing to lock other superbeings with Alter Physical Structure or transformative abilities into one form for the duration of the power. This can be used to extend a limited duration state, trap the superbeing in a vulnerable state, or, if the locking being knows the 'mundane' identity of the targeted superbeing, prevent them from charging up into their super form.
Range: 100 ft +50 ft per level of experience
Duration: 1 hour per level of experience
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Leon Kennedy wrote:
taalismn wrote:Lock Transformation(Minor)
"That's pretty amazing, being able to turn yourself into a rat like that, Beastman...pity you need something with opposable thumbs right now..."

This power allows the superbeing to lock other superbeings with Alter Physical Structure or transformative abilities into one form for the duration of the power. This can be used to extend a limited duration state, trap the superbeing in a vulnerable state, or, if the locking being knows the 'mundane' identity of the targeted superbeing, prevent them from charging up into their super form.
Range: 100 ft +50 ft per level of experience
Duration: 1 hour per level of experience

That's actually pretty cool. Question: Possible to use this power to force someone to change from one form to another?

Nope...it just locks them in their current form...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Entanglement (minor)
The character is surrounded by barbed vines which catch on opponents which attack him. This gives him an AutoEntangle at +8 to any opponents coming within a foot of him. He can also choose to use the vines to grab and Entangle at +4 (bonuses from PP and skills and powers apply). Vines are the character's PE attribute number of feet in length, plus one foot per level, and have PS equal to that of half of the character's normal PS number.
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

WOw...i missed a ton of new powers...has Iczer hit 10,000 yet?
"Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!"- Dr. John Zoidberg

"Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?"

Chicago Blackhawks, 2009-10 and 2012-2013 Stanley Cup Champions!
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Key Finder (Minor)
Honey...Honey...HONEY! Stop it! You left them at your mother's two weeks ago! Sheesh!

Characters with this odd power have an innate knack for finding keys. The power works as follows:

• By concentrating for 2 full melee rounds, the superbeing can determine the location set of keys that he/she personally owns, so long as the keys are within 1000 feet of the superbeing's current location.
  • If the character is holding a lock - locks that are opened with a key, or even a combination lock (as you can have a master key for the combination lock) - he/she can attempt to determine the location of the key for that lock. Characters must concentrate for 4 full melee rounds, and the key must be within 1000 feet of the character's current location.

Characters must maintain concentration for the entire duration required, although the character may perform other minor tasks while concentrating (such as walking into the next room or across the street to get better range, look in drawers for the keys, etc.). Anything more mentally demanding than walking or looking for the keys in question breaks the character's concentration, and he/she must start over.

It should be noted that the character doesn't have any special aptitude with locks or keys just by having this power. The power only grants one the ability to just know where keys are. The power works on any type of lock that requires a key to open, including alien and extra-dimensional (although such locks may not overtly show that they open with a key, nor will the character instinctively know how to use it once found).

Best power ever. I want this one myself.

Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Leon Kennedy wrote:
Primus wrote:
Leon Kennedy wrote:Key Finder (Minor)
Honey...Honey...HONEY! Stop it! You left them at your mother's two weeks ago! Sheesh!

Characters with this odd power have an innate knack for finding keys. The power works as follows:

• By concentrating for 2 full melee rounds, the superbeing can determine the location set of keys that he/she personally owns, so long as the keys are within 1000 feet of the superbeing's current location.
  • If the character is holding a lock - locks that are opened with a key, or even a combination lock (as you can have a master key for the combination lock) - he/she can attempt to determine the location of the key for that lock. Characters must concentrate for 4 full melee rounds, and the key must be within 1000 feet of the character's current location.

Characters must maintain concentration for the entire duration required, although the character may perform other minor tasks while concentrating (such as walking into the next room or across the street to get better range, look in drawers for the keys, etc.). Anything more mentally demanding than walking or looking for the keys in question breaks the character's concentration, and he/she must start over.

It should be noted that the character doesn't have any special aptitude with locks or keys just by having this power. The power only grants one the ability to just know where keys are. The power works on any type of lock that requires a key to open, including alien and extra-dimensional (although such locks may not overtly show that they open with a key, nor will the character instinctively know how to use it once found).

Best power ever. I want this one myself.

I came up with this one this afternoon after I couldn't find my own car keys. I thought "I wish I had a power that let me find my keys", and this gem came to mind.

I'd salute you by making a charitable donation but I can't find my wallet..:-P

taalismn
Priest

Primus wrote:I'd salute you by making a charitable donation but I can't find my wallet..:-P

-Find Wallet(Minor)

Another excellent edition to the list of Powers for those Grade C- and D-SubHeroes and Minor mutants who walk among us. :ok:
They may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, bend the elements to their will, or violate the laws of phsyics at whim, but their powers allow them to keep the world moving smoothly in their own small way... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Depilate(Minor)
“Bald is beautiful!”

This power uses powerful microwaves, sonic waves, or pulses of air tension to shave and remove the hair off a target. This can be a specific part of the body, like facial hair, or the whole body(neck down, or including the head). It does NO damage aside from painlessly shaving off the hair.
This power CANNOT work through armor, protective bodywear(like most supersuits), or thick clothing, but CAN work through light clothing. Nor will it work against beings with a non-organic nature sporting hair-like growths, nor the foliage ‘hair’ of plant-based beings.
Depilate can used for hygiene(like removing hair lice), humiliating an opponent, or to uncover a disguise(like shaving away a beard).
Against hair-based powers like Tentacles of Hair, the power can prove particularly useful, doing 6d6 damage to the animated locks.
Range: 80 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Bonuses: +5% to Grooming skill.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Siren (Major)

"Once more, with feeling..."

The super being is gifted with an impossibly beautiful singing voice that can sway the hearts and minds of all who hear it.

1. Mellifluous. The character starts with a Sing skill of 98% - he is so naturally talented that his voice is easily of professional quality, without any need for actual training. A successful skill check is required to use the sub-abilities of Audience Appreciation and Crowd Control (see below).

2. Audience Appreciation. The hero’s singing is so mesmerising that during and for some time after a performance, all those who hear it will find him more impressive and alluring: the character gains a temporary bonus to both his M.A. and P.B. equal to his experience level, e.g. +1 at level one, +2 at level two and so on.

Note that the super being does not actually physically change into a more attractive form, it’s just that his audience will be so wowed by his talent that he will seem more appealing.

Range: Variable. Generally, a maximum radius of 50 feet (15.2 m), but it can be half that in a particularly noisy environment, several times that if using a microphone and speakers, or effectively unlimited if broadcast via TV, radio or internet.

Duration: During a song and for four minutes per level of experience afterwards.

Attacks Per Melee: While this ability uses up no attacks/actions in and of itself, the character must sing for at least one melee round before it takes effect.

The super being can move, act and even fight while singing, but doing so will halve his number of attacks/actions per melee round, reduce skill performance by 15% and cause the character to fatigue three times as quickly as normal.

Saving Throw: 16 or higher (M.E. bonuses applicable).

Limitations: All those who hear the character singing are subject to the effects of his power - the hero cannot pick and choose who is affected.
Bystanders who cannot hear the music (due to deafness, ear protection, etc) are not affected, even if they are within range.

3. Crowd Control. The super being’s amazing voice can cause a profound emotional reaction in his audience. He can produce any of the following effects in his listeners:

Anger: Will prompt those affected to act rashly, charge, attack, argue violently, etc. Targets are likely (01-60% chance) to attack, harm or betray those they dislike, and gain a bonus of +1 to strike, but a penalty of -1 to parry and dodge.

Encouragement/Hope: Boosts morale and inspires all those listening to great deeds. Targets are +3 to save vs. Horror Factor, +5% to all skills and can exert themselves for twice as long without fatiguing.

Peacefulness: Will induce a deep feeling of serenity, dispelling anger, hatred, sorrow and so on. Hostile opponents are likely (01-60% chance) to reconsider their actions, deciding to not attack, show mercy, leave without being overtly cruel or destructive, halt a rampage, etc. It does not turn the audience into docile sheep, but rather curbs hostility.

Sorrow: Invokes great emotional upheaval, deep sadness and a sense of loss. There is a 01-50% chance of targets surrendering or leaving without a battle. Furthermore, victims are -2 to parry and dodge.

Note: the hero can induce only one of these effects at a time in his audience. This aspect of the power can be combined with the Audience Appreciation sub-ability, allowing the super being to easily manipulate a crowd.

Range: Variable. Generally, a maximum radius of 50 feet (15.2 m), but it can be half that in a particularly noisy environment, several times that if using a microphone and speakers, or effectively unlimited if broadcast via TV, radio or internet.

Duration: For as long as the hero keeps singing and for two minutes per level of experience afterwards.

Attacks Per Melee: While this ability uses up no attacks/actions in and of itself, the character must sing for at least one melee round before it takes effect.

The super being can move, act and even fight while singing, but doing so will halve his number of attacks/actions per melee round, reduce skill performance by 15% and cause the character to fatigue three times as quickly as normal.

Saving Throw: 14 or higher (M.E. bonuses applicable).

Limitations: All those who hear the character singing are subject to the effects of the power - the hero cannot pick and choose who is affected.
Bystanders who cannot hear the music (due to deafness, ear protection, etc) are not affected, even if they are within range.

4. Bonuses:

The hero is immune to his own power and the Siren power of other super beings.
+1 M.A.
+25% to Imitate Voices & Impersonation.
+10% to Play Musical Instrument (this bonus applies every time a new instrument is selected).
The character never suffers from a sore throat.

Universal Translator (Major)

"Bonjour? Guten Tag? Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong?"

The super being’s brain is optimised for communication - a hyper-evolved left frontal cortex, adaptations to the posterior part of his temporal lobe and an unusually developed arcuate fasciculus give the character the ability to comprehend, speak, read and write all languages!

Furthermore, the hero constantly broadcasts a low-level telepathic field that stimulates and links the corresponding parts of the brains of everyone in the vicinity, allowing bystanders to share in his incredible gift. This understanding is immediate and complete: all those affected by the power will instantly become fluent in any language, be it human or alien, spoken, written or signed.

Range: 50 feet (15.2 m) + 10 feet (3 m) per level of experience.

Duration: Constant. The power will function even if the hero is unconscious or asleep.

Attacks Per Melee: None, the ability is automatic. In fact, the super being has to concentrate to stop it from working, requiring the sacrifice of one attack/action per melee round.

Saving Throw: The power is so subtle that most people won’t even realise that it’s affecting them or think to question the fact that everyone seems to speaking in the same language. Generally only psychics or characters with an I.Q. of 16 or higher will notice something is odd, and even then they must make a saving throw of 16 or higher (M.E. bonuses applicable) to fully recognise and, if they so wish, resist the effect.

Limitations: The power affects everyone in the area, friend or foe. Anyone leaving the hero’s range of influence instantly loses the translation ability, which can be both inconvenient and confusing.

The super being cannot affect anyone protected by an active Mind Block or the minor power of Immune to Psionics, though he can still understand them.

Bonuses:

+35% to Cryptography; if the hero does not have the skill, use this as a base proficiency score.

The character can read any magic scroll, text or grimoire that uses mystical symbols or runes, as if he had a permanent Decipher Magic spell cast upon him. The super being cannot actually cast spells (unless he’s also a mage), but he will certainly recognize the writings for what they are and understand the basic information contained therein.

Note that these bonuses apply to everyone in the vicinity.
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Senator Cybus wrote:"Bonjour? Guten Tag? Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong?"

Did you bring Energon goodies? :bandit:

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Leon Kennedy wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Hembree77 wrote:Better man

Cut for length

Seems a bit overpowered as each attribute gets a nice starting value of 10-32, plus additional bonuses and perks on top of that. It seems too long and complicated for my liking, and isn't listed as a Major power. I'd say it might work better as a power category where the character forgoes any rolling of powers or special skills.

Agreed. These seem to be more like OCC's for a power-gaming group than an actual power.

That was my thought as well. I just did not want to be the first person to say it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Sorry I was not more help. I am trying to work on a couple of new powers but I'm still in creative block hell.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Sorry I was not more help. I am trying to work on a couple of new powers but I'm still in creative block hell.

THere's...a suggestion of a power...I'm sure something like Brain Drain's been done before, but maybe something that blocks creative process(-25% to Technical skills for the duration of the power, and the target can't think of anything NEW or innovative, only repetitive takes on old ideas: "We need more POWER! That's it! More POWER!""But HOW!? We're maxed out!""I dunno...").
Total frustation and pure hell for Natural Genuises and other tech- and skill-reliant types....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Hembree77 wrote:Contagious Stupidity (Major?)
For some reason the possessor of this power can cause people to get stupider around him or in simpler terms for those affected
you just Caught Stupid.

Range: Line of sight 50ft or 10ft radius

Duration: constant when in 10ft range or while in the 50ft line of sight. If the Victim leaves the Radius or Beam range their I.Q. will return to normal after the number of dropped I.Q. in Melee rounds.

Attacks per melee: it activates on 1 attack for the Stupid Beam; the radius is always, but at the lost of 2 attacks per melee the player can shut it off.

What it does: Those affected by either the Beam or radius begin to have problems with cognitive thinking and understanding, in game terms the victim of this attack looses 2d4 temporarily to I.Q. and performs all skills at a -50%.

Saving Throw: Standard vs psionics with the following adjustments. victims with less than an 11 I.Q. are unaffected. Victims with a 12-14 I.Q. have a -2 to save, Victims with a 15+ I.Q. are -4 to save.

Hey! This one really exists! It's called "Congress"...

taalismn
Priest

Duh! I already had Stupidity Field(MInor)!
Oh well, there may be limits to genuis, but stupidity knows not bounds, nor lacks in variety.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

S'right....wasn't a criticism, more like 'I-slap-my-forehead-before-realizing-I'm-still-holding-a-hammer-in-my-grasp' moment.
There are many paths to Stupidity...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I also created a stupefication power, so there indeed can be many variants on the theme.
taalismn
Priest

Now, we need a power that doesn't LOWER IQ, but is powered by an ALREADY low IQ...thus rewarding players who take dumb PCs and play them in-character..:-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

LOL.

Butterfly Knives (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can create and control a swarm of butterflies which can use their wings as blades.

1. Create Butterflies: The character can create and control a swarm of butterfly-like constructs which originate within his body and can be released as necessary. He can create his PE number of bugs to add to the swarm per melee round, holding up to his PE number times 100 bugs in his body at a time. Each bug has 1d4 Hit Points. He can only release and control a swarm of his PE number times 10 butterflies at a time.
Range: The character releases the bugs via his mouth and controls them for a range of 400 feet, plus 40 feet per level of experience.
Duration: Once released, they last for one full melee round. Otherwise they can exist for as long as the character desires.
Attacks: Releasing the bugs or commanding them to an action uses one melee attack/action. He can only use half his attacks to command the bugs per melee round.
Flight Speed: ME number in feet per melee action

2. Blinding Swarm: The butterflies will create a living cloud and fly up the nose, into the eyes and mouth, collide with the face, and crawl on the body of everyone within the cloud. Victims are -5 to strike and -9 to parry and dodge, as well as losing initiative, being reduced to half speed, and losing a melee attack to swat them away. The have a Horror Factor of 11, and do not appear to be normal butterflies.

3. Slashing Swarm: A single butterfly can slash with its winds for 2d6 damage to an opponent, with 10-40 doing 2d6X10 damage per melee attack, and 100-400 taking a full melee round to attack but doing 2d6X100 damage with their bladed wings.

4. Other Abilities and Bonuses: The character is resistant to slashing attacks (half damage) and can recognize various species of butterflies with a skill level of 30%, plus 5% per level of experience.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:LOL.

The character can create and control a swarm of butterflies which can use their wings as blades.

I have this image of a cutesy little girl in a sundress, surrounded by pretty butterflies, suddenly pointing at somebody and chirping:
"KILL."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:LOL.

I have this image of a cutesy little girl in a sundress, surrounded by pretty butterflies, suddenly pointing at somebody and chirping:
"KILL."

Never trust girls in sundresses... LOL.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Hembree77 wrote:Artillery Strike (major)
Player can summon an Artillery strike.

Range: Limited to line of sight, but does work if character uses binoculars.
Duration: 1 melee round plus 1 melee round every 3 levels
Damage; Special
Radius: Special
Number of rounds dropped: 2 +1 every 3 levels.
Number of Ammo types Known: 1 attack form and 1 non attack form my be chosen at first Level, player may select another 1 at level 3,6, 10, &14.

Types of Ammo:
1.) High Explosive: 1d4x100 to a 30ft area
2.) White Phosphorus: 1d4x100 to a 30ft area, burns for 1d4 melee rounds after initial hit, 90% chance of igniting flammables and 60% chance that even non-flammable materials will catch fire.
3.) Napalm: 1d6x100 to 30ft area, doesn’t stop burning unless fire retardant is dropped as well.
4.) Armor Piercing: 2d4x10 to a 2ft area.
5.) Fire Retardant: 1d6x10 if you are standing right where its going to directly hit, otherwise, covers a 30ft with Fire Retardant that immediately puts out all fire, Phosphorus, and Napalm.
6.) Smoke: 1d6x10 if you are standing right where its going to directly hit, otherwise, covers a 30ft area with thick smoke.

The range should have more of a limit for this kind of damage. I have a lot of issues with this power, which are reflected in what Mephisto has already commented on. The form of ammo should evolve over time from low to high damage.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Sorry I was not more help. I am trying to work on a couple of new powers but I'm still in creative block hell.

Well, I'm without internet at the moment (stupid library terminal grumble grumble) so, while I have a few things to post, I have no ability to do so in short order.

Will be back online shortly (mehopes) when the move is done.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Hembree77 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Hembree77 wrote:Artillery Strike (major)
Player can summon an Artillery strike.

Range: Limited to line of sight, but does work if character uses binoculars.
Duration: 1 melee round plus 1 melee round every 3 levels
Damage; Special
Radius: Special
Number of rounds dropped: 2 +1 every 3 levels.
Number of Ammo types Known: 1 attack form and 1 non attack form my be chosen at first Level, player may select another 1 at level 3,6, 10, &14.

Types of Ammo:
1.) High Explosive: 1d4x100 to a 30ft area
2.) White Phosphorus: 1d4x100 to a 30ft area, burns for 1d4 melee rounds after initial hit, 90% chance of igniting flammables and 60% chance that even non-flammable materials will catch fire.
3.) Napalm: 1d6x100 to 30ft area, doesn’t stop burning unless fire retardant is dropped as well.
4.) Armor Piercing: 2d4x10 to a 2ft area.
5.) Fire Retardant: 1d6x10 if you are standing right where its going to directly hit, otherwise, covers a 30ft with Fire Retardant that immediately puts out all fire, Phosphorus, and Napalm.
6.) Smoke: 1d6x10 if you are standing right where its going to directly hit, otherwise, covers a 30ft area with thick smoke.

The range should have more of a limit for this kind of damage. I have a lot of issues with this power, which are reflected in what Mephisto has already commented on. The form of ammo should evolve over time from low to high damage.

i put up what was bouncing around in my head, that was what i had come up with so far, i figured if i put it up, one of the other more experienced power creators might have some ideas to flush it out. For the damage, i actually using examples from the Compendium of Modern weapons: the mortar section.

The power comes across as a poor replacement for actual artilliary and mortar weapons. As it is, the weapon types are not explained as to how they appear, just that they do. If you want to do this as a matter: expulsion: mortar, take out the armor piercing and combine the smoke, napalm and phosphorescent effects as one attack for a single damage but multiple penalties imposed by the napalm and phosphorous, which would include blinding and choking hazards. Limit the burn time to 2d4 melee rounds and take out the retardant.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Both seem overly powerful. Why even be a villain if you can make your own cash?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Ok, you are right there. I guess the gene power pretty much poisoned me when looking at the next one, and his powers tend to be over the top in general. I guess I just panicked.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have a problem with permanent amping of attributes, allowing him to form an army of supers. This needs limits and drawbacks.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Also making it so each person can only be augmented ONCE would help limit the massive attributes possible.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Leon Kennedy wrote:Ok, you want ideas? Here you go.

1. Genetic modification. The super-being can attempt to modify the DNA of normal humans, attempting to give them super abilities. This may only be attempted on normal humans – aliens, super beings, extra-dimensional beings, etc., cannot have this attempted on them. Even with being a normal, non-mutant human, the subject should be willing. Non-willing subjects are allowed a saving throw vs. disease (with all applicable modifiers) to resist the effects. Roll on the following table to determine the outcome of the attempted modification. Note that only 1 successful attempt at modification (an attempt that results in a roll on the following table) may be tried on any subject. Each use of this portion of the super ability uses 3 melee actions.

01-16 The subject suffers a serious reaction. Must make a saving throw vs. disease or suffer -1 penalties to all attributes.
17-32 The subject is completely unaffected. The DNA was either modified with no actual result, or the DNA is unmodified in any way that would affect normal activity.
33-48 The subject receives a random mutation, one that is not intended by the super-being. Roll 1 time on the Unusual Mutant Characteristics chart, ignoring any roll indicating that there is no unusual characteristic.
49-64 The subject suffers a serious side effect to the attempt to have his/her DNA altered. Roll 1 time on the Experimental Side Effects table.
65-80 An unexpected mutation has occurred. The subject receives 1 minor super ability (01-70%), 2 minor super abilities (71-90%), or 1 major super ability (91-00%).
81-96 An unexpected mutation has occurred. The subject is now considered to be alien in physiology. Roll on the Physiological Modifications table for Aliens.
97-00 The genetic alteration is a complete failure, with the subject’s DNA becoming non-viable. The subject dies, quite possibly a painful and horrible death.

By limiting this to only non-mutant subjects, you make this character unable to further alter any mutants or aliens. Which makes the power a little limited in combat against other super-beings. By limiting the number of successful attempts per non-mutated human, you make this ability so it can't be used over and over again until you get the desired result. And you eliminate the 80% +2% per level and substitute it with a saving throw for the subject/victim.

I think this is a good start for toning this power down a bit.

What if the person with this power is an Alien? Hmmm?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Hembree77 wrote:Gene-Freak
This Power allows the player to add, remove, edit and adjust the DNA of another person.

1.) Genetics: 50%+2%
Techniques that manipulate the DNA of cells in order to change heredity traits or Produce biological products,. The techniques include the use of hybridomas to make Monoclonal antibodies, gene splicing, or recombinant DNA technique and polymerize chain reactions. The Player can attempt to eliminate genetic disorders or Increase 1 Attribute.
On a failed roll, roll on the following chart:
01-20 The subject suffers a lethal reaction and dies.
21-45 The DNA sequence does not take, the subject remains healthy.
46-50 The subject undergoes an unexpected mutation, instilling abilities totally unexpected by the creator.
51-70 The subject suffers serious side effects, but the desired altered genetic structure remains.
71-80 The desired manipulation seems to have taken hold, but 3d6 weeks later the subject suffers a lethal reaction and dies.
81-90 An unexpected mutation occurs; the subject remains healthy, but is physically changed forever. May include skin color changes, unsightly growth, or even extra limbs.
91-00 Unexpected mutation occurs; subject’s anatomy is drastically altered to the point that the body can no longer function in its natural environment. The body may require a different environment or may be able to be kept alive via life support machines, otherwise the subject will die within 1d6x10 minutes.

2.) Medical Doctor: +20%
The character has an almost supernatural understanding of Medicine and the Human body that make this character the ultimate doctor. The character gets +20% to Medical Doctor, and +10% to all medical/ science skills me may choose.

3.) Edit/Remove DNA 50%+2%: the character can edit the DNA of another to remove genetic flaws. 72%+2%
Allows the player to Remove Genetic or heredity defects, unusual characteristics, Hereditary diseases, Remove or Edit super powers and Psionics.
Editing DNA take 4d4 hours per gene edited.

4.) Boost Stats:30%+2% Character can boost attributes of another by editing the DNA of the person
Stats can be increased: 2+1 every 3 levels.
Duration of Editing: 1d4 hours per attribute point manipulated.
Attribute is boosted permanently

5.) Scan Health (same basics as Living Anatomy, except player does not get the combat bonuses).

6.) Surgical Vision: player can see Individual DNA. Range 2ft
Bonuses:
+1d4 to I.Q. +1d4 to M.E.
Heals 2 times faster.

Limitations and drawbacks:
Limitation: CANNOT modify superhumans, or augmented humans
Limitation: Modifying a human, can only be once.
Limitation: The removal of Bad/diseased/Damaged DNA does not count as augmentation, it is simply repairing what is there all ready.
Limitation: Only works on ppl that are the same species. I.E. human to human, alien race to alien race.
Limitation: 1 subject per 24 hour period. The clock starts at the end of the current activation.
Limitation: The possessor of this CANNOT augment himself.
If the Target is willing then no saving throw is required.
If the Target is Unwilling the Target Must make a saving throw Vs Genetic editing 14+PE bonuses.

Ok, here is my revised version, hows it look

Much better.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:There are some aspects of this that would work as a power category or Hardware option, like Natural Geneticist, Innate Enhancer, Freak Builder, Evolutionary, and Racial Purifier.

Most definitely.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Spoiler:
Hembree77 wrote:Gene-Freak
This Power allows the player to add, remove, edit and adjust the DNA of another person.

1.) Genetics: 50%+2%
Techniques that manipulate the DNA of cells in order to change heredity traits or Produce biological products,. The techniques include the use of hybridomas to make Monoclonal antibodies, gene splicing, or recombinant DNA technique and polymerize chain reactions. The Player can attempt to eliminate genetic disorders or Increase 1 Attribute.
On a failed roll, roll on the following chart:
01-20 The subject suffers a lethal reaction and dies.
21-45 The DNA sequence does not take, the subject remains healthy.
46-50 The subject undergoes an unexpected mutation, instilling abilities totally unexpected by the creator.
51-70 The subject suffers serious side effects, but the desired altered genetic structure remains.
71-80 The desired manipulation seems to have taken hold, but 3d6 weeks later the subject suffers a lethal reaction and dies.
81-90 An unexpected mutation occurs; the subject remains healthy, but is physically changed forever. May include skin color changes, unsightly growth, or even extra limbs.
91-00 Unexpected mutation occurs; subject’s anatomy is drastically altered to the point that the body can no longer function in its natural environment. The body may require a different environment or may be able to be kept alive via life support machines, otherwise the subject will die within 1d6x10 minutes.

2.) Medical Doctor: +20%
The character has an almost supernatural understanding of Medicine and the Human body that make this character the ultimate doctor. The character gets +20% to Medical Doctor, and +10% to all medical/ science skills me may choose.

3.) Edit/Remove DNA 50%+2%: the character can edit the DNA of another to remove genetic flaws. 72%+2%
Allows the player to Remove Genetic or heredity defects, unusual characteristics, Hereditary diseases, Remove or Edit super powers and Psionics.
Editing DNA take 4d4 hours per gene edited.

4.) Boost Stats:30%+2% Character can boost attributes of another by editing the DNA of the person
Stats can be increased: 2+1 every 3 levels.
Duration of Editing: 1d4 hours per attribute point manipulated.
Attribute is boosted permanently

5.) Scan Health (same basics as Living Anatomy, except player does not get the combat bonuses).

6.) Surgical Vision: player can see Individual DNA. Range 2ft
Bonuses:
+1d4 to I.Q. +1d4 to M.E.
Heals 2 times faster.

Limitations and drawbacks:
Limitation: CANNOT modify superhumans, or augmented humans
Limitation: Modifying a human, can only be once.
Limitation: The removal of Bad/diseased/Damaged DNA does not count as augmentation, it is simply repairing what is there all ready.
Limitation: Only works on ppl that are the same species. I.E. human to human, alien race to alien race.
Limitation: 1 subject per 24 hour period. The clock starts at the end of the current activation.
Limitation: The possessor of this CANNOT augment himself.
If the Target is willing then no saving throw is required.
If the Target is Unwilling the Target Must make a saving throw Vs Genetic editing 14+PE bonuses.

Ok, here is my revised version, hows it look
GAWK!!!
Now it's Too limited!
1) You Should allow for the Gene sight to sense for a varity of things like; If they're abnormals, If they've got a virus/bug, if they are immitators...etc as a perception +roll such to detect the flaws & abnormallities.

2) As for not affecting; animals, aliens, and other supers... Let the Gene-freak do so, just give them a MAJOR negative to do so, and just as long as the race in question uses standard DNA coding. Many human supers & mutants are Not all that dissimilar to Normal humans and psychics are all but indistinguishable to the common man (even on the genetic level).

3) That said, Everyone (willing or otherwise) should be forced to make savings throws against the usage of the Gene-Freak power for Every gene edit, with the willing getting a save bonuse. A failed roll means that, that effect failed and the Gen-Freak super must move on to other changes. A roll failed by more than '10' points mean that the Gene-Manipulator must move on (as in the above) but also that the Suject must now roll on the Failure Chart as well. A roll failed by '20' points means that no further changes may be made And the Subject must roll twice on the chart.

4) I see No reason that the super should not be able to manipulate their Own DNA via this power, unless you wish to give their DNA some kind of resistance to genetic changes as a very minor bonuse sub-ability... Otherwise he should have the ability to do so (with a minor "Familiarty With Self" bonuse to do so) and have to roll on the same table as everyone else. Since doing so would be so Ultra Dangerious, it would stand to reason that the super would have to be mad or desparte to try it (playing poker with a starved Bull Shark seems safer), although it would be fun to see the results of a botched attempt.
Also try not to forget that the Gene-Freak super power when used on self may cause you to Lose the Gene Freak power, so it All balances itself out in the end.

5) Allow for the super to alter others DNA more often than "Once in a lifetime"... Just not Too often. If performed again without a years down time, the following rules apply: May perform the Gene-Power on a suject in One month (-2 Days per level) due for the time needed for the paitents DNA to stabalize enough.
Each time it is re-attempted will double that time untill the Next DNA change and adds a +1 to the Difficulty or the paitents save rolls.
This is in addition to the negatives of having been turned into a super from the First Gene-Freak session.

6) Add in Cancer and Direct HP damage (which heals back at a horridly slow speed)to the Roll Botching chart as well as reducing the First death option by 10% (it should be high, just not That high at 20%).

Considering how useless this power is in combat AND how freakn much time it takes Out of combat, And how dangerious it'd be to use on yourself, And the Massive amount of time needed to perform even the Weakest of alterations to a life form, This power is NOTHING compaired to, say, the Procyon Treatement-(found in HU-Cent Station) or even EE: Light in regards to making your PC with this power, over powered.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”