The Great I LOVE THE COALITION STATEs

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

How Much do you Love the CS

Will all my heart
73%
Prosek is Great
27%

Total votes: 33

taalismn
Priest

Re: The Great I LOVE THE COALITION STATEs

Unread post by taalismn »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Wooly wrote:My loyalty is my honor. Anyone who isn't reporting to the nearest CS territory (and recruiting station) after arriving on Rifts Earth is a traitor to humanity and a coward to boot. Earth is for humanity not D-Bee scum.

That's the spirit

"Spirit'?! Sounds an awful lot like you're dabbling in mysticism to me!

Step aside here, let's see some ID, no sudden moves, and if I even SUSPECT you're trying to pull a 'Jedi Mind Trick' or whatever you call it, your ashes will be blowing on the wind in a second.

Because the CS doesn't take responsibility for its mistakes in judgement, it cremates them.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Wooly wrote:My loyalty is my honor. Anyone who isn't reporting to the nearest CS territory (and recruiting station) after arriving on Rifts Earth is a traitor to humanity and a coward to boot. Earth is for humanity not D-Bee scum.

That's the spirit

"Spirit'?! Sounds an awful lot like you're dabbling in mysticism to me!

Step aside here, let's see some ID, no sudden moves, and if I even SUSPECT you're trying to pull a 'Jedi Mind Trick' or whatever you call it, your ashes will be blowing on the wind in a second.

Because the CS doesn't take responsibility for its mistakes in judgement, it cremates them.

Yeah you keep it up and you will be on body patrol in Tolkeen, by night fall. Now excuse me,I have a meeting with the emperor himself. But hey you want to keep him waiting no problem.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Prosek is great. Especially with bacon. :fl:
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

The CS, script immunity notwithstanding, is a great element in the setting. You're allowed to play for it or against it or even apathetic to it.

And once you set up buyers on Phase World, you can make a ton of money selling CS gear. If the authors are going to give the CS infinite resources, then you might as well get rich selling those resources for fun and profit.

--flatline
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Dang, reread some of my older posts in this thread and I really must have been having a heck of a week. Went on a negative tangent without at least mentioning that they do make North America what it is in the core setting. I just wish they were a bit more believable in the resources department and a couple other areas. It's hard to take a group seriously when the forces it wields seem unreal compared to what it actually controls, unless Pre-Rifts Earth was something out of Blade Runner and huge labyrinthine ruins of preserved MDC material run under the ground where-ever one walks within 50-75 miles of what was once old Chicago or any other major capital city. Even then, they'd still need some place where they could get the materials for all the nuclear reactors they keep putting in vehicles and a good excuse as to why they didn't use nuclear batteries with 15 - 30 day charges and just have certain vehicles act as refueling stations with true nuclear power plants (command vehicles, deaths head transports, firestorm mobile bases, etc).
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I love the CS, Free Quebec and the Federation of Magic...weird? Yes, but I love those 3!!!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

ffranceschi wrote:I love the CS, Free Quebec and the Federation of Magic...weird? Yes, but I love those 3!!!

Not weird at all.

I like the CS. But Atlantis, Archee, and the Minion War are also some of my favorite elements of the game.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Yeah you keep it up and you will be on body patrol in Tolkeen, by night fall. Now excuse me,I have a meeting with the emperor himself. But hey you want to keep him waiting no problem.

"The Emperor conveys his sincerest apologies that he cannot see you now. However, he asked me to tell you that when he has the time he will be watching the videotape of your vaporization with great amusement. Oh yeah, and ...you dress funny."

Just be careful; fascist states, even when they have REAL external enemies beyond the contrived ones, tend to eat their own. Being 'called in' isn't always a good thing; you may be walking in to be a convenient scapegoat for somebody with a lot more political savvy and a lot less scruples.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Yeah you keep it up and you will be on body patrol in Tolkeen, by night fall. Now excuse me,I have a meeting with the emperor himself. But hey you want to keep him waiting no problem.

"The Emperor conveys his sincerest apologies that he cannot see you now. However, he asked me to tell you that when he has the time he will be watching the videotape of your vaporization with great amusement. Oh yeah, and ...you dress funny."

Just be careful; fascist states, even when they have REAL external enemies beyond the contrived ones, tend to eat their own. Being 'called in' isn't always a good thing; you may be walking in to be a convenient scapegoat for somebody with a lot more political savvy and a lot less scruples.

Maybe maybe not
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:[
Maybe maybe not

Well, yeah, but can you afford to take the chance?

Dictators like to keep a few expendable mooks around to off when the need arises or the whim strikes; at least one unpopular minister or party thug that can be given the chop to show that the Big Cheese is listening to the people, the big-on-enthusiasm-short-on-smarts party faithful who can be iced to stir up sympathy, the embezzling party opportunist who can be strung up as a lesson to everybody else, or the annoying courtier who can be defenestrated because it's fun to watch...

Me? The only Emperor I support for America is Emperor Norton.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:[
Maybe maybe not

Well, yeah, but can you afford to take the chance?

Dictators like to keep a few expendable mooks around to off when the need arises or the whim strikes; at least one unpopular minister or party thug that can be given the chop to show that the Big Cheese is listening to the people, the big-on-enthusiasm-short-on-smarts party faithful who can be iced to stir up sympathy, the embezzling party opportunist who can be strung up as a lesson to everybody else, or the annoying courtier who can be defenestrated because it's fun to watch...

Me? The only Emperor I support for America is Emperor Norton.
Drinking from the tarn kool-aid again I see

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Drinking from the tarn kool-aid again I see[/quote]

Nah. I don't like Erin Tarn either. And Coalition rally-beer clearly rots brain cells. Try swinging by the NGR Embassy and see if you can get some REAL drink, if the CS High Command isn't hogging the imports all for themselves. Maybe if you're real good, they'll let you sniff the bottle cap.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Ahhhh! The CS! the only hope for humanity to be free of magic, and the scum that is non-humans. All hail Prosek!
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
taalismn
Priest

Ravenwing wrote:Ahhhh! The CS! the only hope for humanity to be free of magic, and the scum that is non-humans. All hail Prosek!

Wait until they start redefining 'human'...tyrannies tend to be rather flexible in a downward direction when it comes to such distinctions.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Drinking from the tarn kool-aid again I see

Nah. I don't like Erin Tarn either. And Coalition rally-beer clearly rots brain cells. Try swinging by the NGR Embassy and see if you can get some REAL drink, if the CS High Command isn't hogging the imports all for themselves. Maybe if you're real good, they'll let you sniff the bottle cap.

Why I get my own shipments from ngr, perks of being a faithful servant to lady Prosek herself.

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Why I get my own shipments from ngr, perks of being a faithful servant to lady Prosek herself.

And your official title is what?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Chief of eunuchs?
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
taalismn
Priest

Wooly wrote:
taalismn wrote:[

Chief of eunuchs?

Food Taster #5935
Meat Shield #7697
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Depends on who you ask! But normally Colonel of the Lady Prosek Wrath, Commanding Officer

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote: Depends on who you ask! But normally Colonel of the Lady Prosek Wrath, Commanding Officer

That's nice.

Now, state your real job title without looking around first to make sure nobody with rank bars on their shoulders is within earshot.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by cyberdon »

Yeah, I find the Coalition the best group of antagonists since the Empire in Star Wars. They are freaking terrifying and cool -the absolute best combo in villains IMO.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote: Depends on who you ask! But normally Colonel of the Lady Prosek Wrath, Commanding Officer

That's nice.

Now, state your real job title without looking around first to make sure nobody with rank bars on their shoulders is within earshot.

Same as it was before.

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

That's nice.

Same as it was before.

(Apprentice)Tongue Polisher it is, then.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

That's nice.

Same as it was before.

(Apprentice)Tongue Polisher it is, then.

Nope

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote: Nope

You're so adorable when you're in denial, you know that? :angel:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

Nope not denial :D

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Which is EXACTLY what I'd expect somebody in denial to say.
It's okay. We all have our methods of getting by and surviving those soul-crushing times in life when we realize our own inadequacies and irrelevance in the greater scheme of things. And if holding your mop like a rifle and adding a little martial high step to your 'wax on, wax off' routine makes your day go a little smoother, well, it's a little strange, but there's stranger. I mean, General Oscar has his glass animal collection, and Colonel Polinger has his hardcarved macaranas, and Captain Scarwinton has his miniature golf mat in his office(by the way, he wants you to double up on the air freshener when you clean the astroturf pad). And there's Colonel Vidor's feather boa...
Yeah, whatever helps you, provided the dust bins are emptied on time.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Which is EXACTLY what I'd expect somebody in denial to say.
It's okay. We all have our methods of getting by and surviving those soul-crushing times in life when we realize our own inadequacies and irrelevance in the greater scheme of things. And if holding your mop like a rifle and adding a little martial high step to your 'wax on, wax off' routine makes your day go a little smoother, well, it's a little strange, but there's stranger. I mean, General Oscar has his glass animal collection, and Colonel Polinger has his hardcarved macaranas, and Captain Scarwinton has his miniature golf mat in his office(by the way, he wants you to double up on the air freshener when you clean the astroturf pad). And there's Colonel Vidor's feather boa...
Yeah, whatever helps you, provided the dust bins are emptied on time.

I know you and your female underwear fetish, but hey if you think look great in them, Im not going to argue with you, ok buddy to each there own, right?

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:I know you and your female underwear fetish, but hey if you think look great in them, Im not going to argue with you, ok buddy to each there own, right?

Does Psych Ops know you're going through their office garbage(when you should be moving it to the incinerator)? Because the playbook you got THAT from is so ancient and out of date the pre-Rifts Pharoahs' courtiers were using that 'you're looking good in that shift' schtick....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:I know you and your female underwear fetish, but hey if you think look great in them, Im not going to argue with you, ok buddy to each there own, right?

Does Psych Ops know you're going through their office garbage(when you should be moving it to the incinerator)? Because the playbook you got THAT from is so ancient and out of date the pre-Rifts Pharoahs' courtiers were using that 'you're looking good in that shift' schtick....

Classic always work.

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Classic always work.

Didn't work for the British Navy; they were still clinging to muzzle loading naval cannon when everybody else was fielding ironclads with breechloaders. Took several fatal accidents before they finally dropped the old bangers for more modern pieces.

And a lot of gambits fail due to changing times and social perceptions.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

Didn't work for the British Navy; they were still clinging to muzzle loading naval cannon when everybody else was fielding ironclads with breechloaders. Took several fatal accidents before they finally dropped the old bangers for more modern pieces.

And your point is what,how great the coalition is ,I know you just a Prosek fanboy. :D

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

None of this answers the truly important questions.

1) How do we kill every non-human, demon, and monster on Rifts Earth?
2) How do we destroy magic, and utterly remove it from Rifts Earth?
3) How do we profit by doing so? T-shirt sales? Pay-per-veiw? Real-estate sales?
4) Does the CS have a version of Betty Page, and if so, is she into the sub/dom play like the original?

these are the really important considerations of the CS.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
taalismn wrote:

And your point is what,how great the coalition is ,I know you just a Prosek fanboy. :D

Not a chance. As much as I appreciate roleplaying, as both a Latvian-American raised on my mother's accounts of escaping war-torn eastern Europe(where,as a 'Slav' in German eyes, she would have faced no good fate had the Nazis held ground) , and as an idealistic American librarian who holds to literacy as one of the cornerstones of an educated democracy, I refuse to endorse the CS position, even in-game.

I'm going to quit right here...as a bias thread, this was mildly amusing, but when it gets down to just two people trading lukewarm barbs, it's time to call it a night.
The CS, character shields and all, will still be here in the morning, and the forces of mutual sentient being chumship and united dislike of illiterate neo-fascist police states will be up early as well, with coffee and donuts.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”