Phase World Fleets of the Three Galaxies

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

Re: Phase World Fleets of the Three Galaxies

Unread post by DhAkael »

Braden Campbell wrote:
RockJock wrote: One question for Mr. Campbell. Is the Altress battle cruiser missing a fighter/small craft compliment? The destroyer lists a six pack of fighters, but the capital ship doesn't have anything? I'm guessing it got eaten by the editing?

Huh. You're right. Page 35 mentions that there is a Tasit in charge of the ship's air wing... but no air wing is later mentioned. Weird.

The original manuscript gave the Zhokil "a small wing of 12 Fire Eaters, and 5 OMAV Combat Pods with full compliments of drones." You can feel free to put them in if you like.

Yeah, there are a few editing "whoopsies" in that thar' book.
I'm kinda used to it though from Palladium... so no biggie.
FINALLY finished reading through last night...must say, I still hold to my B+ to A rating on it.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

:nh: :nh: :nh: and found out it was send to another state Phase World Fleets of the Three Galaxies and Rifter 47 haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

KHANNNN!!!!!!!!
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

Has anyone figured out how he converted the main body values in the beginning of the book to the for, midship, aft hull values in the ship descriptions? They definatly don't add up.
RockJock
Knight

It was suggested that the three section numbers basically add up to the older total Main Body number. If you are going the other way take the single number and divide by three, then use that number for each section.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

ZINO wrote::nh: :nh: :nh: and found out it was send to another state Phase World Fleets of the Three Galaxies and Rifter 47 haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Lucky guy. ;) It has been more than 22 business days for me and 3 messages sent by me through the support tickets and I still don't have any idea what's going on with my books. I suspect it has a problem to do with UPS, since this is the only courier that I had the mispleasure of dealing with and Palladium seems to be their servant. I have used USPS with other orders and I have never had a problem and it's cheaper than UPS, yet every order I make through Palladium and thus delivered by UPS usually takes a month or more to reach me and USPS will take 10 business day or less every time, even from locations further south and west than Palladium.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
RockJock
Knight

I've had the opposite results. USPS breaks, or misplaces almost every package I order from anybody, while I never have an issue with UPS or FedEx. I even got FedEx to keep all packages at their warehouse so I could pick them up on the way home instead of just having a sticker saying "tried to deliver", and taking a day before the package would be at the warehouse for me to get. A lot depends on your local setup. Where the driver is coming from etc. I usually get PB stuff through USPS, so go figure.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

It would have been nice to see some Bushi ships and maybe also a Phase ship or two. Afterall, DB2 talks about the Promethians having bigger phase ships, such as Frigates, etc. Maybe something for Carl to throw in to Dimensional Outbreak??? Hint, hint, hint :-D

At any rate, not to denegrate Fleets, but I feel like Fleets is almost what Anvil Galaxy was missing (I am denegrating Anvil Galaxy here).

I also want to see private market ships eventually.
-Matt
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

azazel1024 wrote:It would have been nice to see some Bushi ships and maybe also a Phase ship or two. Afterall, DB2 talks about the Promethians having bigger phase ships, such as Frigates, etc. Maybe something for Carl to throw in to Dimensional Outbreak??? Hint, hint, hint :-D

At any rate, not to denegrate Fleets, but I feel like Fleets is almost what Anvil Galaxy was missing (I am denegrating Anvil Galaxy here).

-Matt

That would be Braden's 'Pirates / Runners of the 3-G book' I would imagine :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

RockJock wrote:It was suggested that the three section numbers basically add up to the older total Main Body number. If you are going the other way take the single number and divide by three, then use that number for each section.

Yeah but if you look at the values in the beginning of the book for the values for main body then you attempt to add or divide to get those values. most ships have less then the total main body value but some like the task master have much more.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

azazel1024 wrote:It would have been nice to see some Bushi ships and maybe also a Phase ship or two. Afterall, DB2 talks about the Promethians having bigger phase ships, such as Frigates, etc. Maybe something for Carl to throw in to Dimensional Outbreak??? Hint, hint, hint :-D

-Matt

Sorry Matt, the manuscript is already in and the Bushi don't get any love in Outbreak either.

Who knows maybe in the future.

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Maybe as Braden works on each of the Galaxy books he can include some of them in one of the books. Braden, are you working on a books about the majoe players of the three galaxies after you finish off the galaxies book? I'm looking forward to getting the Pirate book of your!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I really hate to complain about the new book but theres really not that much usable stuff for my Phase World group. I know runner ships & star fighters are going to be in the next book, yet theses very powerful ships in this book are not meant for players use and not many GM are going allow groups to use them. My players wanted ships we could use with a small crew (under 50 or way less). It just too hard to steal a gigantic spaceship that needs a crew of nearly 3000. :roll: I do like the new equipment, the new robots, most of the Space Magic and the new background info on the major players in the Three Galaxies.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
azazel1024
Champion

Carl Gleba wrote:

-Matt

Sorry Matt, the manuscript is already in and the Bushi don't get any love in Outbreak either.

Carl

Oh well. Good to know.

I'll take the love a slimy hell spawned demon fighter though. Now that I have fleets in my grubby hands I am really looking forward to Dimensional Outbreak. Of course future PW books as well.

Its okay, I don't want the world. Just several continents and a few major oceans. :-D
-Matt
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

azazel1024 wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:

-Matt

Carl

Oh well. Good to know.

I'll take the love a slimy hell spawned demon fighter though. Now that I have fleets in my grubby hands I am really looking forward to Dimensional Outbreak. Of course future PW books as well.

Its okay, I don't want the world. Just several continents and a few major oceans. :-D
-Matt

So you say now... :lol:

Leaves of the lotus rise

azazel1024
Champion

Well of course I want more. I always do, just ask my wife :D
-Matt
azazel1024
Champion

runebeo wrote:I really hate to complain about the new book but theres really not that much usable stuff for my Phase World group. I know runner ships & star fighters are going to be in the next book, yet theses very powerful ships in this book are not meant for players use and not many GM are going allow groups to use them. My players wanted ships we could use with a small crew (under 50 or way less). It just too hard to steal a gigantic spaceship that needs a crew of nearly 3000. :roll: I do like the new equipment, the new robots, most of the Space Magic and the new background info on the major players in the Three Galaxies.

I'll second the want for smaller ships. The small freighters, tramps, fighters, scout ships, couriers, patrol ships and customs vessels are what I'd love to sink my teeth in to next. Of course a few bigger freighters wouldn't hurt either.
-Matt
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I got the book and skimmed through it and then got into it a bit more and I do like it so far, the only thing I didn't care for off the top of my head is the AI Robot war that took place. I understand (or think I do) that it's in there to explain away the CCW's attitude towards the Machine People and why they don't have Robot ships/fighters that can do the 200 G's of acceleration etc that would turn a normal person into red jelly, but it just felt to 'Dune-esque' to me. But other then that niggle, I really do like the book so far even if it's less use for the group I play with, it still gives me some nasty things to pull on them if they try to get out of line. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Aramanthus
Monk

Actually Runebo, you could always use the Destroyers for NPC's to have encounters with. They do operate in modern navies and one of their job is to intercept pirates. So at least some of the ships should be useful ion your game.
Last edited by Aramanthus on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Aramanthus wrote:Actually Runebo, you could always use the Destroyers for NPC's to have. They do operate in modern navies and one of their job is to intercept pirates. So at least some of the ships should be useful ion your game.

We were hoping for way larger runner ships or bigger version of the Protector class that didn't need a large crew. They are way more powerful than I imagined. Our group has encountered Destroyers ships before, but never directly battled one since our GM rarely pulls punches, she usually leaves some room for escape or fate to intervene, I doubt we could face one without losing a few characters.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

runebeo wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Actually Runebo, you could always use the Destroyers for NPC's to have. They do operate in modern navies and one of their job is to intercept pirates. So at least some of the ships should be useful ion your game.

We were hoping for way larger runner ships or bigger version of the Protector class that didn't need a large crew. They are way more powerful than I imagined. Our group has encountered Destroyers ships before, but never directly battled one since our GM rarely pulls punches, she usually leaves some room for escape or fate to intervene, I doubt we could face one without losing a few characters.

GM a bit of a sadist is she?
Or does she just like using Dakka to its full effect? :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

I'd like to see a larger runner ship with style, yet pack some extra powerful weapons for dealing with space pirates. With a cargo hold that can hold around 300 tons of cargo and be nice if it could it had a landing dock able to carry two NE-SDSR-2000 Star Dragon Superiority Fighter. I had a idea of the look I wanted.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h ... X%26um%3D1
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

During editing, Fleets took on a somewhat specific focus, and that is the ships available to the military powers of the Three Galaxies.

The civilian side of life will be covered in Life in the Spacelane*, which deals with spacers, runners, and pirates. It is 20 pages and one interview with a friend who is a customs official away from completion.

*title may change considerably
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
azazel1024
Champion

Braden Campbell wrote:During editing, Fleets took on a somewhat specific focus, and that is the ships available to the military powers of the Three Galaxies.

The civilian side of life will be covered in Life in the Spacelane*, which deals with spacers, runners, and pirates. It is 20 pages and one interview with a friend who is a customs official away from completion.

So by 20 pages away from completion you mean 20 more pages to get it up to 212, right? :D
-Matt
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

runebeo wrote:I'd like to see a larger runner ship with style, yet pack some extra powerful weapons for dealing with space pirates. With a cargo hold that can hold around 300 tons of cargo and be nice if it could it had a landing dock able to carry two NE-SDSR-2000 Star Dragon Superiority Fighter. I had a idea of the look I wanted.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h ... X%26um%3D1

Been there, built that..have the stats done and everything :D
IN FACT, it is the primary conveyence for my existing game crew :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

azazel1024
Champion

azazel1024 wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:During editing, Fleets took on a somewhat specific focus, and that is the ships available to the military powers of the Three Galaxies.

So by 20 pages away from completion you mean 20 more pages to get it up to 212, right? :D
-Matt

Well if it is about runners, pirates, merchants and general civilian ships...and its about those groups from all the different blocks and those non-aligned...sure thing.

212 pages = 60-70 pages of background information, some new OCCs, information on pirating, smuggling and merchanting (???Mermaid magic casting??? :-D ) and then 140-150 pages of new ships and equipment (maybe even expanded information on cargos and commodities). Would be nice to see more information on how merchants make their money (maybe a quick run up of what merchants big and small tend to charge for carrying cargos...and the smugglers premium, that sort of thing).

Anyway, starships tend to take up around 2 pages including artwork, so that means 70-75 ships, or maybe 40-50 ships plus a bunch of extra spacefaring (and non-spacefaring) gear.

I know I am deluding myself on the length, but I can dream (honest, I had a real dream just last night).
-Matt
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

just got and will give IMHO review
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Aramanthus
Monk

Your book sounds pretty cool Braden! I'm looking forward to seeing some little tid bits for us to check out as you write it.

HH....FIE
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Its a good book buy it!

Just some questions though.

Fighters can fire their weapons "linked". Does that mean they can fire different weapon systems linked like lasers and rail guns? Like a TGE flying fang with lasers and rail guns, do they fire them one system at a time or can they combine them in one blast. (side note the TGE could up grade the lasers to pulse for a mere 260,000 credits).
Also does this also mean firing linked includes missiles as well?
So any weapon that can bear and is range could fire "Linked" on the fighter at a target?

The Kitanni Space Carrier page 77, says the mass driver shoots 10 tons of steel reinforced stones then the weight area it says it shoots 50 ton stones.

And at least in the Brief summary of Ships they do give the FTL speeds for the Pack Master and other ships that was left out!

For Ships Summary:
But isn't the Proctor an FTL 4LYH speed ship and a Mach 10 in space?

Doesn't the Runner ship have FTL? (5 LYH listed) As does the Oni Stealth Shadow ship? (2 LYH listed)

And what is a Ton-Ban?

For Frigates and Destoyers.

What is a an Auntin and where is it found? Same for the Corister?

For Cruisers what is a Stone Wall and where can it be found?

And Isn't the Nexus a Battleship or atleast a Capital Ship? And it has Jump Drive of 40 LY every 6 hours, not an FTL drive with a 6 LYH rating. (6.66 LYH if broken down)

Its Official now!

Nuclear Cruise Missiles cost 180,000 credits.
Normal Anti-Matter Cruise Missiles cost 480,000 Credits.

Now how come they are rated at 45 M.D.C. each and the other books say on fighters they are 60 M.D.C.

Or is that just the launchers?

Side note for Missile Speeds and combat I use. A simple Add the speed of the launching platform to that of the speed of the missile for the total combined speed. Some slower launching platforms speeds may allow for the target to out speed the missiles locked on to it with the combined speed of the launching platform and missile being slower than that of the target. Of course if the target is flying in to or in the direction of the launching platform, it is a moot point.
Braden Campbell

I'm prepping for a Wormwood demo game right now, but I'll try to answer a few of these.

GT wrote:Fighters can fire their weapons "linked". Does that mean they can fire different weapon systems linked like lasers and rail guns?

I'll have to look into this one. Can you give a page reference?

GT wrote:The Kitanni Space Carrier page 77, says the mass driver shoots 10 tons of steel reinforced stones then the weight area it says it shoots 50 ton stones.

10 tons is the correct weight, as this weapon is the exact same as the one listed in Three Galaxies.

GT wrote:But isn't the Proctor an FTL 4LYH speed ship and a Mach 10 in space?

You are correct.

GT wrote:Doesn't the Runner ship have FTL? (5 LYH listed) As does the Oni Stealth Shadow ship? (2 LYH listed)

Also correct. Must have been left out by accident.

GT wrote:And what is a Ton-Ban?

Will appear in an upcoming book. ;)

GT wrote:What is a an Auntin and where is it found? Same for the Corister?

The Auntin is a golgan patrol ship (destroyer) that was left out for space reasons. I will try to make sure it is included in an upcoming book... or you can PM me for the original submission stats). The Corister is an ancient Human Allinace frigate used mostly by pirates now. It will appear in the upcoming book on Spacers, Runners, & Pirates.

GT wrote:what is a Stone Wall and where can it be found?

The Stonewall is the predecesor to the Warshield, and will also appear in the Spacers, Runners, & Pirates book.

GT wrote:And Isn't the Nexus a Battleship or atleast a Capital Ship? And it has Jump Drive of 40 LY every 6 hours, not an FTL drive with a 6 LYH rating. (6.66 LYH if broken down)

I'll have to look into that one. I think it was the vessel's size that put it in with the Cruisers...

GT wrote:(Cruise Missiles) Now how come they are rated at 45 M.D.C. each and the other books say on fighters they are 60 M.D.C.

I have no idea. You can either give all cruise missiles 60 MDC, or alternately say that when externally mounted, they have a protective sheath with a value of 15 MDC.

Hope that's a help, and I'm glad you're enjoying the book!
Braden, GMPhD

GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Well linked weapons for fighters is stated in page 21 in Space Fighter Weapon Systems.

And Doesn't The Naruni Commodity Have Any Shields? I mean if they are hauling all that expensive stuff they should atleast have shields. Even their Audit class has shields. Or did some bottom line accountant decided to save money on the ship they were going to delete the shields from the design. Although it makes the ship vulnerable to any one who can get close to it and hit it or can be blown out of the sky by planetary defences.
Braden Campbell

Fighters can fire their weapons "linked". Does that mean they can fire different weapon systems linked like lasers and rail guns? Like a TGE flying fang with lasers and rail guns, do they fire them one system at a time or can they combine them in one blast.

They can be fired as a single blast.

Also does this also mean firing linked includes missiles as well?

No. Fighters have primary, secondary, and missile systems. They can only firelink their primary systems... which means any combonation of lasers, p-beams, or railguns.
Braden, GMPhD

GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

What are the Shields on the Commodity Class Cruiser of the Naruni? They have any?

Oh and thanks for answering these dumb questions! :D
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

damn double post.
Last edited by GT on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Also... :wink:

I noticed that the Naruni Fire Spitter on Page 65 has long range missiles with a 4D6X100 MDC yield, it seems some what high for a long range missile that has a max conventional damage of 2D4X100 MDC. Is this correct and just showing a greater tech that Naruni never sells?

The bomb damage makes perfect sense since they still could be droping more powerful nukes on some thing.

Also shouldn't the K-Hex missile damage be up grade with the Rifts R.U.E. missiles being up graded? Page 66 is my case in point for the Medium Range Missiles on the Audit Class. The Mini Missiles are fine as listed.

The standard K-hex adding an extra dice of damage works (thats what it is figured out to). It just needs to be done with an up dated R.U.E. missile chart to get the correct K-Hex up dated missile chart to be correct.

And why now are cruise missiles mach 9 in space? Are all missiles now faster in space? Do you add a X3 speed to them?

Also on a side note to any one reading this. Adding the launching unit's speed to that of the missile is what should be done. Or what good are missiles if you launch them from a fighter going Mach 10 at some thing going Mach 12, when your missile shows down to Mach 3 behind both of you!
Braden Campbell

Shields were accidentlily left off the Commodity. Feel free to make them whatever value you want.

The missiles on the Fire-eater are Naruni tech: cruise missile damage in a smaller package.

The Mach 9 speed for Cruise missiles was deduced from the description of the TGE Berserker.
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you for the info Braden.

HH....FIE
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Here we go again! :lol:

Ok the TGE Executioner Battleship.

Main Guns two lasers that do 1D4x1,000 damage, at one shot per melee round each. Either some very successful CCW espionage agent got in during the final planning stages of the ship design and changed the main armaments to that Sub-Capital Cruiser Class or it maybe was a misprint on pages 86 and 87? :lol:

In the ship Summary page 27 it gives 2D6X1,000 Damage. I ASSUME that is the right one. 8-)

Ok if this is right, is that 1D6X1,000 for BOTH guns or is it 2D6X1,000 EACH gun?

Next Question is what is its rate of fire. Once or Twice per melee round?
Last edited by GT on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azazel1024
Champion

Well 2d6x10,000 is way off the charts for damage as well. My guess is it should be 2d6x1,000 damage each and once per melee round.
-Matt
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

2D6X10,000, what are you talking about? :| :quiet:

I see no 2D6X10,000 at all. :bandit:
Aramanthus
Monk

Then some sort of editing mistake has occured. Hopefully Braden can clear this up.

HH....FIE
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

Gt is right,
The nova and zhokill are listed as and are in size capital ships. Also the explorer i feel should be listed as a capital rather than sub-capital class due to its size and arraments instead of being listed as an exception to the rules of sub-capital ships.
Even NCC-1701 is refered to as being a Battle cruiser in ST:3. Also fleets has a heavy influnce from Star Wars(ie. a battleship class called Executioner, Seems to me as i re call ther is a superstar destroyer that goes by that name and is the lead ship of her class Lord Vader. Also in the novels and the SW:Rpg ther is a Interdictaor Class Criuser/star destroyer that has Gravity well projectors(4), 24 Quad turbo-lasers,plus other various weapons depening on the mission(ie.proton torpedos/concussion missles). So i don't know if this is good or bad, or intetnional or not, but is very similar. i love Fleets. Its a shame the is the usuall editing mistakes though, but hey we've come to expect that. Also I hope also we see more bushi fed. ships, Promethean Frigates, Altess Assault shuttle(yet another thig missing on the Zhokil has troops but know way to land them),ships boat/launches(ie.shuttle pods/for now isuggest using a modified version of the escape pod in fleets for this)becuase unless ther are transporters and assault shuttles are to big for most sub-cap ships, how is everybody getting planet side if there no space stations or spaceports. when will the CAF Missle tank that was missing in Phase World, When will we get the CCW GSA agent OCC,how about Cutters and Corvette ship classes. by the Way if you add the 1/3 Stats of the Emancipation togher it come out to like 275,000 MDC and not the Quick Stat total of 300,000 MDC also its dementions are diffrent between the two figures, so whats correct. also Isuggest the Comadity Has sheilds of !0,000 MDC . Als i thought the Merchant man didn't have variable sheilds as listed in flleets because in phase world its lited as a basic sheild that covers the entire ship with only one MDC value. wwhy doesn't the Altess or Naruni use the Star Dragon or Cresent moon on any of their ships ,let alone the broadsword even though it is outdated(same goes for the Golgans)

ps.sorry about the typos.

Braden Campbell wrote:I'm prepping for a Wormwood demo game right now, but I'll try to answer a few of these.

GT wrote:Fighters can fire their weapons "linked". Does that mean they can fire different weapon systems linked like lasers and rail guns?

GT wrote:The Kitanni Space Carrier page 77, says the mass driver shoots 10 tons of steel reinforced stones then the weight area it says it shoots 50 ton stones.

10 tons is the correct weight, as this weapon is the exact same as the one listed in Three Galaxies.

You are correct.

GT wrote:Doesn't the Runner ship have FTL? (5 LYH listed) As does the Oni Stealth Shadow ship? (2 LYH listed)

The Auntin is a golgan patrol ship (destroyer) that was left out for space reasons. I will try to make sure it is included in an upcoming book... or you can PM me for the original submission stats). The Corister is an ancient Human Allinace frigate used mostly by pirates now. It will appear in the upcoming book on Spacers, Runners, & Pirates.

The Stonewall is the predecesor to the Warshield, and will also appear in the Spacers, Runners, & Pirates book.

GT wrote:And Isn't the Nexus a Battleship or atleast a Capital Ship? And it has Jump Drive of 40 LY every 6 hours, not an FTL drive with a 6 LYH rating. (6.66 LYH if broken down)

I'll have to look into that one. I think it was the vessel's size that put it in with the Cruisers...

GT wrote:(Cruise Missiles) Now how come they are rated at 45 M.D.C. each and the other books say on fighters they are 60 M.D.C.

I have no idea. You can either give all cruise missiles 60 MDC, or alternately say that when externally mounted, they have a protective sheath with a value of 15 MDC.

Braden Campbell

All Star Wars influences and similarities are entirely unintensional... including the shape of the Dominator Star Fort (the indentaion on the front is actually the door where the inner sphere went in, and has nothing to do with the big guns that surround it).

I hope also we see more bushi fed. ships, Promethean Frigates,

More about the Oni will appear in Thundercloud Galaxy, but as for new ships, that si the one area in which they are sevrely lacking. For the past several centuries, the Oni were rigid isolationists, and as such, never built a large stellar navy. It's one of the reasons they capitulated and joined the CCW; namely that they had no real way to defend themselves against a TGE invasion.

As far as anyone knows, the Prometheans ahve never built any Phase Ship bigger than the Star Ghost fighter... which is why everyone in the Three Galaxies will be stunned if the existance of the Etherium cruiser ever goes public.

Altess Assault shuttle (yet another thig missing on the Zhokil has troops but know way to land them)

The Altess just land the whole ship to disembark.

When will we get the CCW GSA agent OCC

In Corkscrew Galaxy.

wwhy doesn't the Altess or Naruni use the Star Dragon or Cresent moon on any of their ships ,let alone the broadsword even though it is outdated(same goes for the Golgans)

Because the author of the book really likes the Fire-Eater. As for the Golgan, their fighter ws built especially for the Zebuloids, and as such can pretty much kick the crap out of anything (14 attacks per melee!)
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

There are mentions of "shape-shifting dreadnoughts" in some 100,000 year old texts... but no one in modern times has ever seen one.
Braden, GMPhD

GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Ok so what is the TGE's Executioner's main gun damage and the rate of fire?
Braden Campbell

2D4x1000 if fired together. Says so on page 87.

The info in the summary is incorrect, a left-over from an earlier draft, apparently.
Braden, GMPhD

GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Wow that an Explorer can Out gun it and the fire power of the War Shield. The Smasher's main laser does 1D6X1,000 and you think atleast two of those could fit on the Executioner.

:clown: *asks a dumb question to the WRITER of the book* "Sure that's right?" :clown:
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

ooops,
i'm sorry i ment to say the Nexus is a Battleship not the Nova,hence it is a capital class ship and not a sub-capital. (see: Three Galaxies Source Book)

It also Seems that only length is the primary consideration (other than prehaps Tonnage)that classifies a Ship as Capital vs. Sub-capital. I feel this is a mistake and should go by tonnage,then size, then weapons. As far as size goes if anyone or more of the dimentions is around or above 1000 m, then it should proabally be considered a Capital ship, depite its Namocultue.(ie. The Deamon Star, Nercron Destroyer, Comodity, Zhokil,Nexus, and Exploer are all fine examples.)
Awesome today no typos, darn library keyboard kept sticking the last time I posted.

Scorpion Leader wrote:Gt is right,
The nova and zhokill are listed as and are in size capital ships. Also the explorer i feel should be listed as a capital rather than sub-capital class due to its size and arraments instead of being listed as an exception to the rules of sub-capital ships.
Even NCC-1701 is refered to as being a Battle cruiser in ST:3. Also fleets has a heavy influnce from Star Wars(ie. a battleship class called Executioner, Seems to me as i re call ther is a superstar destroyer that goes by that name and is the lead ship of her class Lord Vader. Also in the novels and the SW:Rpg ther is a Interdictaor Class Criuser/star destroyer that has Gravity well projectors(4), 24 Quad turbo-lasers,plus other various weapons depening on the mission(ie.proton torpedos/concussion missles). So i don't know if this is good or bad, or intetnional or not, but is very similar. i love Fleets. Its a shame the is the usuall editing mistakes though, but hey we've come to expect that. Also I hope also we see more bushi fed. ships, Promethean Frigates, Altess Assault shuttle(yet another thig missing on the Zhokil has troops but know way to land them),ships boat/launches(ie.shuttle pods/for now isuggest using a modified version of the escape pod in fleets for this)becuase unless ther are transporters and assault shuttles are to big for most sub-cap ships, how is everybody getting planet side if there no space stations or spaceports. when will the CAF Missle tank that was missing in Phase World, When will we get the CCW GSA agent OCC,how about Cutters and Corvette ship classes. by the Way if you add the 1/3 Stats of the Emancipation togher it come out to like 275,000 MDC and not the Quick Stat total of 300,000 MDC also its dementions are diffrent between the two figures, so whats correct. also Isuggest the Comadity Has sheilds of !0,000 MDC . Als i thought the Merchant man didn't have variable sheilds as listed in flleets because in phase world its lited as a basic sheild that covers the entire ship with only one MDC value. wwhy doesn't the Altess or Naruni use the Star Dragon or Cresent moon on any of their ships ,let alone the broadsword even though it is outdated(same goes for the Golgans)

ps.sorry about the typos.

Braden Campbell wrote:I'm prepping for a Wormwood demo game right now, but I'll try to answer a few of these.

You are correct.

Scorpion Leader
Explorer

Branden,
Phase World does specifically state in the text that the promethians have Frigate size ships other than the Star Ghost.
(see: Star Ghost Stats)

Will The GSA agent have two OCC's or Two diffrent MOS's, one for Investigation(FBI,Galatic Police) and One for Covert OPS (CIA) as Mentioned in PhaseWorld?

I thought the Zhokil like Most ships was too Big to land to dissembark Troops, And what of the other star faring races, how do they get off ship with no shuttles/shuttle pods (ships boat/launch) or transpoters, when there is no star port or space station to dock to when the ship is to big to land or not practical to due so? Also its a bit un-economical to send down a CAF Assault Shuttle every time an Explore goes to explore and chart a new world.(this needs to be addressed in a future book i think)

Will we ever see Program sets for the Altess Advocate Robots other than the listed Combat set? I was surpised that a Medic program set was not also given. The Zhokil has an Altess crew complement of only 20 overall and yet a Med Team of 20, so how is this possible unless some of the Adovcates are program as Medics or All of the Altess crew is Doubling as Medics?

I hope the CAF Sheild Bearer Tank will make its Appearence in Thunder Cloud Galaxy as Promised? (i know we has to ask Carl about that one)
Scorpion Leader
Explorer

Branden,
Yah,
Thats alot of attacks alright, but the Golgan fighter is still vulnerable, its not as well built as the others, it only has two weapons systems has no great bonuses. A Turbo -Jock might give a a zeblunoid a run for the money, but their numbers are few and spread out over the other Galatic Powers. By the way could you imagine the carnage a zublunoid Turbo-Jock could Do!! the fire eater and Fire Spitter aren't that Hot, you should at least have included the Star Dragon Its got awesome bounuses but of course requires special and expensive training. (how about a zublunoid Turbo -Jock piloting a Star DraGon ouch!) do think the Altess Can pick up piloting a Star dragon with out the training like a juicer,cyborg,turbo-jock or merc pilot can? They have quick reflexes.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”