Where is Excalibur?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Crucible
Champion

Re: Where is Excalibur?

Unread post by Crucible »

I have said many times that this is why I could not stand the Splugorth or the AI...it just reminds me too much of writer's block.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Crucible wrote:I have said many times that this is why I could not stand the Splugorth or the AI...it just reminds me too much of writer's block.

More like a Forced revisioning using things from the older books only.
Atlantians, Khunku Dragons, Psionics, AIs...you get it.
Nothing new was really added PC wise for me. Druids kinda boring, Star/Earth Child weak...

Temporal Raiders and Warriors were Interesting and new.
Kev, could have made Arthur a Temporal Warrior, which would have been interesting a fresh.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Crucible
Champion

TechnoGothic wrote:
Crucible wrote:I have said many times that this is why I could not stand the Splugorth or the AI...it just reminds me too much of writer's block.

More like a Forced revisioning using things from the older books only.
Atlantians, Khunku Dragons, Psionics, AIs...you get it.
Nothing new was really added PC wise for me. Druids kinda boring, Star/Earth Child weak...

Temporal Raiders and Warriors were Interesting and new.
Kev, could have made Arthur a Temporal Warrior, which would have been interesting a fresh.
Anything is better than opening up a fresh new book and getting that new book smell only to see AI behind the whole thing...
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Lenwen wrote:What powers did the Excaliber have exactly anyways according to its myths an legends ?

wikipidia
-can only be drawn from the stone by the true king (this might of been the sword Caliburn, found in other sources, with excaliber being given to aurther by the lady of the lake after caliburn is broken)
-a blinding light of thirty touches when 1st drawn
-(the scaberd) the holder would not be killed from loss of blood (later stolen and lost by Morgon le Fay in a lake)

--the wielder could not be harmed

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Excalibur
-name meaning "cut-steel", or "steel cutter"
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Crucible
Champion

Iron Manticore wrote:Sort of off-topic, but its where this convo seems to be going...

I have always like England, not sure where all the hate comes from. It is a kingdom of heroes with a dark heart at its core. There aren't a lot of these in Rifts at all. Every kingdom pretty much advertises GOOD or BAD, but New Camelot is fresh and shiny and new, but once you learn the awful truth is rotten to the core. And it's one of the Four Great Dangers (ala Sourcebook Two). And there's a small kingdom of Goblins. How kewl is that? Camelot is an importer of Triax goods as well. And there's a Splugorth outpost. And, the Gathering of Heroes in Africa to stop the Four Horseman, had many a knight from Camelot in it. It's also the book that gave us Temporal Magic. Please do enlighten me? You can PM me if you don't want to gunk up the board.

I liked the Temporal Mages and raiders, but the AI plotline is just plain annoying. I've explained it too many times already...AI=writer's block to me.

Nightmaster
Hero

Unread post by Nightmaster »

Crucible wrote:I liked the Temporal Mages and raiders, but the AI plotline is just plain annoying. I've explained it too many times already...AI=writer's block to me.

Then you are in a lot of trouble with the Paradigm of the Palladium Megaverse. AIs are at the center of almost all the metaplots in the books in a way or another.

In the same way that you cannot easily remove Splyncrth and the Splugorth from Atlantis without rewriting several major factions on North America alone you cannot remove AIs from the rest of the books without needing of rewrite those books.

Deal with it the same way I do. Accept then but "tweak" some details so that in a way they become more easy to swallow.

Its like a bad tasting medicine, you cannot live without it so you need to stood there and face it. The other option is too much of a trouble to be wort it.
Crucible
Champion

Nightmaster wrote:
Crucible wrote:I liked the Temporal Mages and raiders, but the AI plotline is just plain annoying. I've explained it too many times already...AI=writer's block to me.

Then you are in a lot of trouble with the Paradigm of the Palladium Megaverse. AIs are at the center of almost all the metaplots in the books in a way or another.

In the same way that you cannot easily remove Splyncrth and the Splugorth from Atlantis without rewriting several major factions on North America alone you cannot remove AIs from the rest of the books without needing of rewrite those books.

Deal with it the same way I do. Accept then but "tweak" some details so that in a way they become more easy to swallow.

Its like a bad tasting medicine, you cannot live without it so you need to stood there and face it. The other option is too much of a trouble to be wort it.

Oh believe me I do. Tweaks here and there, ignoring a whole country or continent, and a mix of not worrying about it.

Return to “Rifts®”