Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Re: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

I never said it was Kevins fault. I have no doubt that KS&PB want to put the books out. If you have read some of my previous posts, it is my belief that the holdup is not on PB's end of things. we just have no choice but to wait and see.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

And I disagree with you. I think the lion's share of the blame is on Palladium Books.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:And I disagree with you. I think the lion's share of the blame is on Palladium Books.

I thinkit may be somewhere in teh middle. Why did Jason Marker's Completed Marine Mauscript apparently languish for som etime sice it was complete before he was released (last summer for hte manuscript?) adn then why did it take so long for HG to tell PB no you can't do that followed by no real reason given by PB as to why hte Marine book was shelved indefinitely. Plenty of blame to spread to both parties methinks.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
KSN
Explorer
Comment: 17 years ago I played Robotech... And I still love it even now!

Unread post by KSN »

Ah the politics of gaming and IP's
HWR-00-Mk II Firing solution... An UEDF Marines best friend!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

firefly01 wrote:Siembieda has plenty of blame. If HG is the hold up, he should at the very least inform the fans instead of his typical ...... ITS GOING TO BE GREAT line he shovels down our throats. Now the book that was going to be resleased last Oct, the Nov, the Dec, the spring, the ..... you get the point is ..." going to be released in the next 4 months" ...... The only thing myself and the entire gaming community here in Boise can say to that is ..... BS. You have promised GREAT THINGS one to many times and falled, this is just another pathetic attempt from you at keeping people happy. If others want to drink the Kool-Aid and belive your line great, I also have a bridge or two for them to buy. The Robotech community that had sprang up here has now fell apart once and for all. Even the Rifts folks here have gotten fed-up with the line of BS from this company. And yes, I am very bitter. I was really hoping PB would pull their head out and turn out a good line here, but its never going to.

All I can tell you Firefly is all that bitterness will eat you up inside :)

As for playing Robotech, beleive me when I say this (though it is only my OPINION), there are actually better stats and resources available NOT done by Palladium for Robotech. While they did bring back to teh Commercial medium by publishing books the fanbase has long kept it alive and in better condition, again in my opinion. I suggest just using these resources to your advantage to curb that bitterness :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

jaymz wrote:
firefly01 wrote:Siembieda has plenty of blame. If HG is the hold up, he should at the very least inform the fans instead of his typical ...... ITS GOING TO BE GREAT line he shovels down our throats. Now the book that was going to be resleased last Oct, the Nov, the Dec, the spring, the ..... you get the point is ..." going to be released in the next 4 months" ...... The only thing myself and the entire gaming community here in Boise can say to that is ..... BS. You have promised GREAT THINGS one to many times and falled, this is just another pathetic attempt from you at keeping people happy. If others want to drink the Kool-Aid and belive your line great, I also have a bridge or two for them to buy. The Robotech community that had sprang up here has now fell apart once and for all. Even the Rifts folks here have gotten fed-up with the line of BS from this company. And yes, I am very bitter. I was really hoping PB would pull their head out and turn out a good line here, but its never going to.

All I can tell you Firefly is all that bitterness will eat you up inside :)

As for playing Robotech, beleive me when I say this (though it is only my OPINION), there are actually better stats and resources available NOT done by Palladium for Robotech. While they did bring back to teh Commercial medium by publishing books the fanbase has long kept it alive and in better condition, again in my opinion. I suggest just using these resources to your advantage to curb that bitterness :)

I agree Jazmy and Firefly it is hard for me I have over 10 plus inner city kids that i play with using PB ( here than the streets i say ).it not easy but we all should be glad we got something it was horrible for to tell theses kid PB let the license go as well as T.M.N.T . and we must all show control it is not easy for PB and their fan of PB but we stick it together and wait let them PB know we want more Robotech books ,the greater the demand the faster the product will come out . and I WILL BUY ALL AND ANY ROBOTECH R.P.G BOOKS THAT
WILL
COME OUT. I am afraid HG will stop working with PB this Might be an indication , and i joke around
I told you so
,just reading between the line . also when KS puts a update i look on how his father is doing with his cancer I would not be in the best to work on a R.P. G,but KS does and his staff also.

look at this way what KS goes for the worst get very ill due to the lost of his father and then what where will PB
there are other factor as well that we don't know ,and may never know all we can it post kindly how we feel and wait and hope the best
from zino
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Zino I am with you, I just see ther eis blame on both sides of the equation for the lack of production for Robotech that is all. :)

My reference to teh fan material was for Firefly;s sake since he is so distraught about no new product. Personally I make my own stats anyway but like to have upto date art and fulff text which is what is provided to me by the PB books :)

\m/
neuronphaser
Wanderer

Unread post by neuronphaser »

MikeM wrote:Why pay for a license that you have no intent on releasing books for? That is just a horrible business decision. I would like to think Kevin is smarter than that.

Companies often pay for licenses under the belief that they'll have time and money to devote towards it, and get a bunch of money in return. That doesn't mean it'll happen though.

Palladium had the Robotech license for years and did nothing with it, the first time around. Steve Jackson Games bought the license for Heavy Gear from Dream Pod 9 to produce a new RPG edition, and that was years ago. They haven't even started working on it (and may lose the license soon because of that, if they haven't already).

Point is, buying a license might be the smartest thing to do. Suddenly, other things happen -- management changes, economy flops, another project gets extended or gets more money, somebody steals your stuff -- and the license is no longer a great idea...but you've already paid for it.

Has nothing to do with smarts. It's called reality.
--
neuronphaser
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

neuronphaser wrote:
MikeM wrote:Why pay for a license that you have no intent on releasing books for? That is just a horrible business decision. I would like to think Kevin is smarter than that.

Companies often pay for licenses under the belief that they'll have time and money to devote towards it, and get a bunch of money in return. That doesn't mean it'll happen though.

Palladium had the Robotech license for years and did nothing with it, the first time around. Steve Jackson Games bought the license for Heavy Gear from Dream Pod 9 to produce a new RPG edition, and that was years ago. They haven't even started working on it (and may lose the license soon because of that, if they haven't already).

Point is, buying a license might be the smartest thing to do. Suddenly, other things happen -- management changes, economy flops, another project gets extended or gets more money, somebody steals your stuff -- and the license is no longer a great idea...but you've already paid for it.

Please don;t remind me about HG not being a DP9 product anymore... :(

\m/
neuronphaser
Wanderer

jaymz wrote:Please don;t remind me about HG not being a DP9 product anymore... :(

Sorry! Believe me, I feel your pain.

I've also been waiting patiently for JC Blitz, and I'm sure I'll be pretty advanced in years by the time that ever sees the light of day.....which, ironically, is why I'm back playing Robotech after a dozen years or so ;-)
--
neuronphaser
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

neuronphaser wrote:
jaymz wrote:Please don;t remind me about HG not being a DP9 product anymore... :(

Sorry! Believe me, I feel your pain.

I've also been waiting patiently for JC Blitz, and I'm sure I'll be pretty advanced in years by the time that ever sees the light of day.....which, ironically, is why I'm back playing Robotech after a dozen years or so ;-)

I've taken to throwing Gears at my players or playtests ( i do up Palladium stats for them) and they fair pretty well overall

\m/
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

jaymz wrote:
neuronphaser wrote:

Actually, look at today's big announcement! SJG just gave the rights back to DP9!
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Beatmeclever wrote:
jaymz wrote:
neuronphaser wrote:

Actually, look at today's big announcement! SJG just gave the rights back to DP9!

If DP9 gave it up once they will again...... :( I dont htink they want to use it anymore...

\m/
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

I think it comes down to complete failure on both parties (HG and PB) parts. HG has this property that may be the only thing people know them for (I know if it is the only thing I know of them). Then After decades they release TSC but fail to follow up other than to license the RPG and the live action movie...follow that up with PB not delivering the product as promised, repeatedly and you have a horde of upset fans. TSC should have been a launching point for a new Robotech series...hour long episodes with a more serious tone...with PB delivering the core books for the 3 generations as well as TSC and then a complete series of adventures and add-ons.

Unforutnately we get the TSC movie and a complete failure on HG's part develop it further followed by the cluster that is the RPG property.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
neuronphaser
Wanderer

Chris0013 wrote:I think it comes down to complete failure on both parties (HG and PB) parts. HG has this property that may be the only thing people know them for (I know if it is the only thing I know of them). Then After decades they release TSC but fail to follow up other than to license the RPG and the live action movie...follow that up with PB not delivering the product as promised, repeatedly and you have a horde of upset fans. TSC should have been a launching point for a new Robotech series...hour long episodes with a more serious tone...with PB delivering the core books for the 3 generations as well as TSC and then a complete series of adventures and add-ons.

Unforutnately we get the TSC movie and a complete failure on HG's part develop it further followed by the cluster that is the RPG property.

They haven't failed to develop it further. There's supposedly a movie coming out next year (supposedly not a continuation, but a side-story) and work has been done planning for the next movie (Shadow Rising). And there's the revised Graphic Novel.

So yeah, it's not like they aren't doing anything. It's that they aren't in any way shape or form doing things quickly, and what they are doing they sure as hell aren't really advertising or announcing anything about.

;-P

In short, I feel your pain. That they haven't tried to develop some simultaneous work (i.e. a new series for TV plus Shadow Rising) is beyond me. HG really needs to understand that they need to think "expansion" in their business model.
--
neuronphaser
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

They explained on the TSC DVD why they went direct to DVD and why they will not be doing another TV series.

I have also given up hope on ever seeing the new gen book. Which really should have been first priority over material that was never seen on screen. The Core Era books should have come first period. The fluff could always come later. Had they focused on the 'Core Era' Books first we would probably have the New Gen book by now insted of waiting on stuff that we will never see. I have now revised my opinion on whom is responsable for the holdup of material. A Marines Sourcebook really wasn't needed and got shotdown by HG anyway. The Time that was wasted on the Marine book should have gone into the New Gen Era book or possabily a space ship book. The fact is that its been over a year since we have seen any new Robotech material. The way that the things are going right now, I do not expect to ever see any new Robotech material from PB. Espically when PB's other IP's (Rifts) have priority over something that can be Vetod for any reason at all by someone outside of the company. I also do not expect to see a license renewal happening this time around when the current one expires.

Oh well Crap happens.
neuronphaser
Wanderer

FreelancerMar wrote:They explained on the TSC DVD why they went direct to DVD and why they will not be doing another TV series.

I have also given up hope on ever seeing the new gen book. Which really should have been first priority over material that was never seen on screen. The Core Era books should have come first period. The fluff could always come later. Had they focused on the 'Core Era' Books first we would probably have the New Gen book by now insted of waiting on stuff that we will never see. I have now revised my opinion on whom is responsable for the holdup of material. A Marines Sourcebook really wasn't needed and got shotdown by HG anyway. The Time that was wasted on the Marine book should have gone into the New Gen Era book or possabily a space ship book. The fact is that its been over a year since we have seen any new Robotech material. The way that the things are going right now, I do not expect to ever see any new Robotech material from PB. Espically when PB's other IP's (Rifts) have priority over something that can be Vetod for any reason at all by someone outside of the company. I also do not expect to see a license renewal happening this time around when the current one expires.

Oh well Crap happens.

They can explain it all they want: a new series (not just occasional movie releases) is a no-brainer for an anime series about giant robots. Not only is it a wildly successful and proven model, it's also the ONLY wildly successful and proven model for the genre. Yes, it's not the only model period, but it's clearly the one that has worked for a very long time, and is still working today. HG's business model only makes sense because HG does not appear to be willing to expand their operation beyond a fairly small core crew with Robotech. I'm not sure if it's due to micro-management or what, but they are very slow moving and seem unable/unwilling to grow their company into (a) proven markets (TV series) or (b) risky new markets that might be worthwhile (Heroclix Robotech or something crazy like that).

The most recent Palladium update and posts by the freelancer working on The New Generation would beg to differ with you about the release of the book.

However, you might be right about the license renewal. With Palladium's current market position, I really can't see why HG would stick with them aside from "nostalgia" and "we already know them." I fully suspect the Robotech license to go elsewhere. Unfortunately, at the same time there are relatively few RPG companies that are wildly successful with science fiction, which Palladium does really well with. DP9 and R Talsorian are too small and have been waxing and waning forever, and Mongoose or Cubicle 7 have their hands full with other projects. Just to name a few.
--
neuronphaser
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

neuronphaser wrote:
FreelancerMar wrote:They explained on the TSC DVD why they went direct to DVD and why they will not be doing another TV series.

Oh well Crap happens.

They can explain it all they want: a new series (not just occasional movie releases) is a no-brainer for an anime series about giant robots. Not only is it a wildly successful and proven model, it's also the ONLY wildly successful and proven model for the genre. Yes, it's not the only model period, but it's clearly the one that has worked for a very long time, and is still working today. HG's business model only makes sense because HG does not appear to be willing to expand their operation beyond a fairly small core crew with Robotech. I'm not sure if it's due to micro-management or what, but they are very slow moving and seem unable/unwilling to grow their company into (a) proven markets (TV series) or (b) risky new markets that might be worthwhile (Heroclix Robotech or something crazy like that).

The most recent Palladium update and posts by the freelancer working on The New Generation would beg to differ with you about the release of the book.

However, you might be right about the license renewal. With Palladium's current market position, I really can't see why HG would stick with them aside from "nostalgia" and "we already know them." I fully suspect the Robotech license to go elsewhere. Unfortunately, at the same time there are relatively few RPG companies that are wildly successful with science fiction, which Palladium does really well with. DP9 and R Talsorian are too small and have been waxing and waning forever, and Mongoose or Cubicle 7 have their hands full with other projects. Just to name a few.

They better let Palladium keep the license!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

The problem comes to: Does HG really want to have an RPG associated with their product. And from there, is there another company that wants to make a RPG based on Robotech? I think this is very limited.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

@Alpha 11.

Another question to be asked by PB could be this.

Do we really want to Retain/keep an unprofitable license for something that we have absolutely no real creative freedom or control over???

@everybody else.

Look at what they did with the "After the bomb" Material that was origionally devloped for the TMNT rpg. They droped the TMNT license and wrote an After the bomb core rpg book. Sure they lost the right to use TMNT but were able to keep almost everything else and retain creative freedom over the stuff. Not to mention that the Mutant animal Creation rules also ended up in HU as well.

As for Robotech,???? Well PB already has an IP with giant robots in it. You may have heard about it. It's called Rifts! The ultimate PB RPG for Munchkins the world over which has Zero restrictions on creative freedom.

@Neruonphaser

There is no Gurantee that this book will not get Vetoed either. It must be remembered that they must get HG's permission before they can even send it to the printer.

I do not believe it's a question of HG asking do we really want an RPG asociated with our product. Because that sort of licensing does make HG money without costing them any in return. A better Question would be, Who/Whom would be interested in such a license and who/whom would be able to properly devlop it???

I doubt R. Talsorian would even be interisted in it because they would not want their creative freedom stifeld. I do not know enough about DP9 to even comment.

I have once again added my input.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

FreelancerMar wrote:I doubt R. Talsorian would even be interisted in it because they would not want their creative freedom stifeld. I do not know enough about DP9 to even comment.

I have once again added my input.

Actualy R.Tasorian WOULD be interested had the financial resources to do so but they do not. They are essentially run online only with very limited print runs if any and the fans of RTal are STILL waiting for Gundam RPG which they have the rights too and it's not due to the lack of creative control but resources to translate the Japanes version that used their ruleset. At least that was my interpretation of event over teh last 10+ years of Rtal since I am a large fan of thiers love Mekton (excellent system for doing anime mecha) and have followed it th best I can.

I think it was just an issue of they got the license right around the time of CoT. Is that an excuse? Not from me as I think it;s time CoT be laid to rest but it does explain why they aren;t focussed on it and I have my own opiniong about the crap HG jas done to Robotech under hte newest leadership and this is BS with the Marine bok is pat of it and sadly it will probably get repeated with the New Gen bok because the HG people have their heads up thier a$$e$

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Yeah, I still doubt that it is all of HG's fault. I would bet the lion's share of the blame is with PB. I have no way of proving that other than the fact that Shadow Chronicles, Macross and Sothern Cross were all released pretty quickly, so why would they hold up New Generation?

The Marine's Sourcebook I could see HG wanting some major work done on it. But how about an actual comment on it in the weekly update?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:Yeah, I still doubt that it is all of HG's fault. I would bet the lion's share of the blame is with PB. I have no way of proving that other than the fact that Shadow Chronicles, Macross and Sothern Cross were all released pretty quickly, so why would they hold up New Generation?

The Marine's Sourcebook I could see HG wanting some major work done on it. But how about an actual comment on it in the weekly update?

YOi mean other than its benn put on hold? :D

Which for the record Alex did post somewhere that it was put on hold. No reason why but he did at least tell us it was put on hold.

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

jaymz wrote:
MikeM wrote:Yeah, I still doubt that it is all of HG's fault. I would bet the lion's share of the blame is with PB. I have no way of proving that other than the fact that Shadow Chronicles, Macross and Sothern Cross were all released pretty quickly, so why would they hold up New Generation?

Which for the record Alex did post somewhere that it was put on hold. No reason why but he did at least tell us it was put on hold.

Yes, Alex did mention it in a post, you are correct. :) I'll give you that.
But Kevin sends out weekly updates. Don't you agree that the Marine book being put on hold should have been mentioned in one of those. Or the fact that a freelancer is now working on the New Generation book? (This may have been mentioned in one of the updates, but I don't remember. I save them all, so I should check when I get home)

MikeM
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

jaymz wrote:

let hopes it is nothing bad
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Oh yes I was the one asking WHY was it put on hold and yes it should have been mentione a long time ago by Kevin himself in a podcast or in a murmur or weekly update :)

Zino - My understanding as someone who was at the OH asked about it (so it IS second hand information) is that HG wanted MAJOR rewrites.

\m/
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Kevin did say that a freelancer was working on the New Gen book, but since then the freelancer's name has been removed from the pre-order. I have sent a PM to the Freelancer, but have not heard back.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Thanks Tiree. I'm sure a lot of folks are very curious to the status of the New Generation book since it is one of the most popular settings in Robotech.

MikeM
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I should NOT read this thread if I'm looking for hope... :(

We're joining the ranks of the fans of certain baseball teams, people who fish in New York Harbor, and those people STILL waiting for Mechanoids: Space.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

taalismn wrote:I should NOT read this thread if I'm looking for hope... :(

We're joining the ranks of the fans of certain baseball teams, people who fish in New York Harbor, and those people STILL waiting for Mechanoids: Space.

HEY I live in new york city ....be NICE ,I still get nice fish here to eat
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ZINO wrote:
taalismn wrote:I should NOT read this thread if I'm looking for hope... :(

HEY I live in new york city ....be NICE ,I still get nice fish here to eat
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But don't fish from the market come from places like Maine? :P :D j/k ;)

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

It is mid January, 2011 and it looks like we will be getting the New Gen book sometime in April/May? (this is just a guess)

"UPDATE: Robotech®. The first Robotech® sourcebook of 2011 should go into final production in the next couple months."

I'm okay with that. I would like it sooner obviously, but first half of 2011 will be fine. I did chuckle at the "the first Robotech..." C'mon! The only. No way Palladium gets a second Robotech book out this year. This one keeps getting pushed back slowly a bit at a time. I love his optimism though. (and no, that isn't sarcasm, I really do love Kevin's optimism. Good for him)

If Palladium does release a second Robotech book, I will gladly buy it. Probably even 2 copies.

MikeM
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:It is mid January, 2011 and it looks like we will be getting the New Gen book sometime in April/May? (this is just a guess)

"UPDATE: Robotech®. The first Robotech® sourcebook of 2011 should go into final production in the next couple months."

I'm okay with that. I would like it sooner obviously, but first half of 2011 will be fine. I did chuckle at the "the first Robotech..." C'mon! The only. No way Palladium gets a second Robotech book out this year. This one keeps getting pushed back slowly a bit at a time. I love his optimism though. (and no, that isn't sarcasm, I really do love Kevin's optimism. Good for him)

If Palladium does release a second Robotech book, I will gladly buy it. Probably even 2 copies.

MikeM

Just keep in mind that they do have other books ahead of it int eh production schedule and Kev already admitted to being behind and is still workingon Armageddon Unlimited withe Vampire books to follow.

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

If Palladium would release some full-sized books of previously manga only books they would have more then 1 Robotech book this year...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Just having a new book would be nice...
They can't see me...Right!?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Gryphon wrote:Just out of morbid curiosity, could someone explain how the policy PB uses works in relation to new materials?

What I mean is, we know they are planning on releasing a New Gen book, which we can assume will include as much New Gen material as they can afford to pack in there, right?

But what about the delayed (vaporware perhaps?) Marines and Star Ships books? These would almost have to include a plethora of material not entirely supported by the source material, even if HG allows for this unsupported material.

So my question is more along the lines of how does HG determine what new materials PB can and can't use? Can PB even use new materials, or will they have to stick to what HG says, and produce these two books with what currently appears to be some very limited, if nearly non-existent, facts and figures?

While I would dearly love to see some new stuff, such as Rapid's pined for ASC expansions, or the resolution of the Sentinels races, PB isn't supposed to go off and do their own thing, are they? Like the sorts of stuff we saw in the Return of the Masters (Mecha Su Dai, new mecha, even new OCCs unrelated to source material such as the Urban Spec, one of my favorite OCCs from that setting really), Lancers Rockers and New World Order (Instra-Mecha and uber landships for the wi...err, for the ti....ummm, OK, these were full of fail, but that doesn't make them uncool, right? Guys?!?!), and lastly Strike Force, with my favorite mecha, the VF-1X, ALL of the various Destroid/Battloid units, and the various OCCs! This all represents material that never existed, but with such things as the Devastator Cyclone's adoption, technically could exist, right? Can PB just create stuff new out of whole cloth?

And if not, what does that say for one of our favorite RPGs? :(

I just got this to say about all of the Robotech books. No matter if it was Return of the Master (one of my favorits), or New World Order, I enjoyed them all, and I never turned one away. I will addment that the Instra-Mecha were a little out there, but over all I still loved each book, some more then others, but still loved them.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

MikeM wrote:It is mid January, 2011 and it looks like we will be getting the New Gen book sometime in April/May? (this is just a guess)

MikeM

I AGEE WITH THIS MAN!@!!!!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

neuronphaser wrote: They haven't failed to develop it further. There's supposedly a movie coming out next year (supposedly not a continuation, but a side-story) and work has been done planning for the next movie (Shadow Rising). And there's the revised Graphic Novel.

the "new" animation is simply "love live alive" a Mospeda side-story about Lancer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_Cl ... Live_Alive
As for shadow Risings. The Voice actors said according to Tommy, the Project is on Indefinate hold "don't call us, we'll call you"
and any Graphic novel is simply a reprint of the terrible comics... Milk the fan base for every last dime.

So yeah, it's not like they aren't doing anything. It's that they aren't in any way shape or form doing things quickly, and what they are doing they sure as hell aren't really advertising or announcing anything about.

The Truth is, they arent doing anything, They Pay Tommy Yune 80,000 a year to sit on his duff, and doodle a few terrible mecha designs.
Harmony Gold Makes more monsy off their Reality and Rentals, then they ever do off Robotech.

In short, I feel your pain. That they haven't tried to develop some simultaneous work (i.e. a new series for TV plus Shadow Rising) is beyond me. HG really needs to understand that they need to think "expansion" in their business model.
In short, HG can't do a new Series b/c they can't get a network to commit to a episode minimum, and the terrible track recoed wiht Robotech has all networks scared. the only hope they have is to wait for WB to move on a possible movie.... and then maybe get WB t push a cartoon, most likely one based off the movie continuity thou....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

MikeM

With it being this far along you would think they could give us some art teasers and maybe even the cover.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Chris0013 wrote:

MikeM

With it being this far along you would think they could give us some art teasers and maybe even the cover.

It Isn' that far along, as far as anyone knowns Kevin has hte manuscript....I think

\m/
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

jaymz wrote:It Isn' that far along, as far as anyone knowns Kevin has hte manuscript....I think

According to Kevin's Murmur's and Press Releases, he definitely has the manuscript. How much editing/rewriting is anyone's guess. Based on DLDC's website, I would say it should be fairly well done.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Tiree wrote:
jaymz wrote:It Isn' that far along, as far as anyone knowns Kevin has hte manuscript....I think

According to Kevin's Murmur's and Press Releases, he definitely has the manuscript. How much editing/rewriting is anyone's guess. Based on DLDC's website, I would say it should be fairly well done.

He usually says of art has been assigned as well and I ont hink he has yet....not sure

\m/
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

jaymz wrote:
Tiree wrote:
jaymz wrote:
He usually says of art has been assigned as well and I ont hink he has yet....not sure

huh ????
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ZINO wrote:
jaymz wrote:
Tiree wrote:
jaymz wrote:

huh ????

I don't think he has yet

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

josephddm wrote:With this on mind,anybody knows if Mr. Marker is working on the Spaceships book also?.Well, they insist with the manga sized books,hum...definetly I don't like the size, I found it only usefull if you have to carry the book on a long trip and you don't want to take with you the large one. Instead of filling the book with some para military organizations maybe they must take a deepest look on the military world government and the soldiers left behind in a way of how they did to survive the Invid and the Masters who fell to Earth alike and then explain and include the Freedom Fighters and other organizations. From here I also demand a book detailing all the solar systems involved in the four sagas of Robotech and the distances between planets and systems in full colour and in big size(a TRUE collector's item).Hope we've got soon that book,personally I paid the book on july 2010.................. :nh: :roll:

Jason Markers last work was on Marines and as I understand it it will have to undergo serious revision and rewriting to be released. He has not done any work on New Gen and will not on a Spaceships book unless he has the time to be a freelancer and my understanding his staff position elsewhere does not allow him to do that, but I am not certain of it.

\m/
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

josephddm wrote:With this on mind,anybody knows if Mr. Marker is working on the Spaceships book also?.Well, they insist with the manga sized books,hum...definetly I don't like the size, I found it only usefull if you have to carry the book on a long trip and you don't want to take with you the large one. Instead of filling the book with some para military organizations maybe they must take a deepest look on the military world government and the soldiers left behind in a way of how they did to survive the Invid and the Masters who fell to Earth alike and then explain and include the Freedom Fighters and other organizations. From here I also demand a book detailing all the solar systems involved in the four sagas of Robotech and the distances between planets and systems in full colour and in big size(a TRUE collector's item).Hope we've got soon that book,personally I paid the book on july 2010.................. :nh: :roll:

Jason no longer works for Palladium and is instead working for another game company. As Jaymz has mentioned, this more than likely means that he does not have enough time to freelance for Palladium. But you can see his other work here: http://www.motorcitygamewerks.net/
Arnie100
Knight

You're not the only one who pre-ordered...
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

josephddm wrote:personally I paid the book on july 2010.................. :nh: :roll:

Technically, I don't think anyone paid for it, until it gets shipped. Otherwise the people who pre-ordered the Beyond the Supernatural books must be pissed. ;)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:
josephddm wrote:personally I paid the book on july 2010.................. :nh: :roll:

Technically, I don't think anyone paid for it, until it gets shipped. Otherwise the people who pre-ordered the Beyond the Supernatural books must be pissed. ;)

That is only if you pre-order via credit card. If you sent in a money order or sumsuch.......then youpaid ahead of time. At least I THINK thats how it works.

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

Hey...the Marines book was actually mentioned in the Weekly Update:

In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/press/press2011-01c.html

Is there some hope after all!? :D

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”