How do you let players know its time to run before a death?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KillWatch
Champion

Re: How do you let players know its time to run before a death?

Unread post by KillWatch »

A) I have developed sub stats like Insight and such. This gives a player a clue because his character should think of it, or if the character is just too stupid check to see if the character would think of it.
B) I have instituted Luck rolls, and Will to Live that leaves you bleeding and unconscious on the ground beyond HP, but unable to act
C) Let them die - my preference. Or take them all to 0 HP and go unconscious. Let them wake up being fleeced, with gear gone, taken by people who like to loot the bodies. and you can let them know that next time, its real death
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

you could just tell them before you game,... hey, you guys could die at any time. Think about what you are doing. There might be times when you want to, or even should run

and describe to them their individual takes on the opposition. do they look like they can handle themselves? do they look seasoned or green, have they ever run across anything like this? is their gear better?
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

usually when the teams heavy hitter gets their arms torn off they get the point, or my studios players figured out that they have dealt over 1000md and the monster isnt slowing or even really hurt they get the point.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

When/how to let players know it is time to run? *I* don't. It is entirely on them to see the situation and high tail it. IF it is really early in the campaign, or if I think they missed a serious clue, I MIGHT clarify... But the decision is theirs. dont even suggest it. Too close to railroading, IMO.

On my phone, so I apologize for autocorrections or odd typos.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”