Post a day

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Post a day

Unread post by Jorel »

Very sneaky of them to hide that tasty tidbit at the bottom. That saddens me. I didn't get a chance to play much in 2012 because we had our little kids with us. I had fun, but wanted to game more. Now it is looking like 2015 for that to happen. I don't want to wait that long. Maybe we should schedule something for the interim. I know it has been suggested before that other people go and book the hotel that same weekend or the weekend of the creators conference. Depending on the level of planning and who was attending, I'd be up for going to Westland on an off year.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Total sadness, 2014 is so far away, it is too bad it is off the table already.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Maybe if enough people message them, or if enough people plan on making their own event there anyway, maybe they will still do one in 2014. Seems pretty early to take it off the table entirely.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Pls do another Open House!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Go On!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Rooting for the 2014 OH!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Permance wards dont really exist. Minds can be changed. do a 2014 POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

It's a lot of work folks. We're doing an independent OH replacement - current plan is in May. You can message me on FB (Dennis Hughes) if you're interested. My image is the picture of me from the inside cover of Heroes of the Megaverse.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I plan on doing my best to attend. It sounds like a good time.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Still want an official POH. C'mon PB's! I will keep posting!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The Dark Elf wrote:Still want an official POH. C'mon PB's! I will keep posting!

Me too.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Obviously, I want the official thing. I would be satisfied to do the other for all the years Pally doesn't do one.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Pls do another poh. Pref in 2014!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Always beating me to it, Dark Elf. :)

Nothing in the world of gaming beats the Palladium open house, so let's have one in 2014.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

ffranceschi
Adventurer

As I told you earlier, I GOT THE OK FROM MY WIFE for 2014! Come on, it was VERY difficult to get it...you can´t tell me now that there won´t be a POH 2014! MAKE ONE!

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Spring-cleaning 2014. Let out the mice, let in the dice: Open House.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Wow, the ones traveling farthest are the ones makin the most noise. The official announcement in the press release kinda took the wind out of my sails. I was gonna post here often enough, but it seems maybe they saw this thread and wanted to let people know they already had no intention of doing one in 2014.

"The Devil's among us!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Jorel wrote:Wow, the ones traveling farthest are the ones makin the most noise. The official announcement in the press release kinda took the wind out of my sails. I was gonna post here often enough, but it seems maybe they saw this thread and wanted to let people know they already had no intention of doing one in 2014.

Maybe that is the case ... but ...

In the local dialect of the city of Berlin there is a saying "Ick hab' schon Pferde kotzen sehen", which translates to (softified) "I have seen horses throw up". We all know this is impossible. Hence, the impossible often is only improbably and thus possible. Now, if my dear mama - a gentlewoman who never swore worse than saying "botheration", I might add - felt impelled occasionally to cite that saw, it proves the point.

Hope dies last, doesn't it?

Let's have an open house in 2014. :wink:

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Yes please, an Open House in 2014 would be grand. I'm pretty sure horses like any other animal with a stomach and mouth on planet Earth are more than capable of throwing up.

"The Devil's among us!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Jorel wrote:I'm pretty sure horses like any other animal with a stomach and mouth on planet Earth are more than capable of throwing up.

Alas, they cannot due to how their stomach/esophagus/valve is "built", which is why a horse colic is such a serious matter.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Shows what I know about horses. I'm a city boy.

"The Devil's among us!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Jorel wrote:Shows what I know about horses. I'm a city boy.

Me, too, Jorel, but my wife has been an avid equestrian for ages and I could not avoid to learn some, but then she has also tried RPGs for over a year.

O, and yes: O-P-E-N H-O-U-S-E TWO-O-FOUR-TEEN!

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Hendrik wrote:
Jorel wrote:Shows what I know about horses. I'm a city boy.

Me, too, Jorel, but my wife has been an avid equestrian for ages and I could not avoid to learn some, but then she has also tried RPGs for over a year.

O, and yes: O-P-E-N H-O-U-S-E TWO-O-FOUR-TEEN!

You should know Palladium people...if history has taught us anything, it's not wise to anger the Germans.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Really? They seem like the least threatening. Russians take the cake in terms of striking fear in people. They live in a harsh unforgivable climate. They are the superior hard asses. Pretty sure Germans know to be afraid of them as well. Sure Germany went a little postal as we now say, but I'm pretty sure that couldn't happen again in today's world of global awareness and over information. Germany had a pretty good running start with their world wars. Those things are apparent in days or months now and not years. The Russians seem like the real hard core global gangsters to me.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I reckon we should test it out how scary Hendrik is-

at a 2014 POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
ffranceschi
Adventurer

It would be interesting to know the real reason about not making a POH 2014: time, money or resources?

POH 2104: We will have one.

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

The Dark Elf wrote:I reckon we should test it out how scary Hendrik is-

Just mention the French. I witnessed his musings on the French first hand during a Nightbane game. I think he was drunk...drunk on frikken Coor's Light...can you believe that!!! A German drinking Rocky Mountain Swill!!
(I think he was joking...it was amusing)
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

at a 2014 POH!

Ooo, a scary Open House ... that would be quite Beyond the Supernatural in 2014!

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Just mention the French. I witnessed his musings on the French first hand during a Nightbane game. I think he was drunk...drunk on frikken Coor's Light...can you believe that!!! A German drinking Rocky Mountain Swill!! (I think he was joking...it was amusing)

Aaaah, Mark's Nightbane game. That was quite something. ...

France: I was joking, of course. I do not mind the French :lol: ... Seriously, I love France and the French are only as bad or good as anyone else. ... They tend to be, however, inordinately in love with themselves and their nation, well, but when has love ever been fact based. ;) With the French we share some friendly bantering, but, come on, a nation that needed a probably hallucinating farmergirl to win the 100 years war and thinks that anyone sane will pay 100 bucks for a nouvel cousine meal that would leave a 3 year old hungry? And then the language, spoken faster than anyone can think, or breathe, with perhaps corresponding results. No wonder, so many irregular verbs, it is insane. :wink: ...

I was not drunk, it is impossible for a German to be drunk on Coor's light, my head was merely coor'ed light ... with giddiness :D Believe it or not, I really like Coor's light and I am in Nick's debt for that present. Great guy, the great Bradshaw!

Jorel wrote:Really? They seem like the least threatening. Russians take the cake in terms of striking fear in people. They live in a harsh unforgivable climate. They are the superior hard asses. Pretty sure Germans know to be afraid of them as well. Sure Germany went a little postal as we now say, but I'm pretty sure that couldn't happen again in today's world of global awareness and over information. Germany had a pretty good running start with their world wars. Those things are apparent in days or months now and not years. The Russians seem like the real hard core global gangsters to me.

"A little postal"? Jorel, I like that sense of humour. I don't care for Germans to win any contest of badassiness, we been that enough to last many lifetimes. ... As to global awareness, I don't see that much. History teaches no lessons humanity has not ignored in the past and evil can come from anywhere. The book "The Wave" proves that point, I always found. We need to be wary...

AND have an Open House.

Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

a probably hallucinating farmergirl to win the 100 years war

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant!

(And please let us have a 2014 open house - see the foreigners want it more because there's no way we are going to make the trip over the pond for a fan-only get-together. As fun as that may be - it's just not enough of a draw to warrant the costs of travel. So official Open House please!)
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

We'll miss ya all the same if your not there, official or not.

"The Devil's among us!
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Only a German Werewolf could get drunk on Coors Light aka the Silver Bullet!

I promise to be funnier at the 2014 Open House!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

That wasn't the worst joke. I'd have another Open House in 2014, please.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Hendrik wrote:
at a 2014 POH!

Ooo, a scary Open House ... that would be quite Beyond the Supernatural in 2014!

I had a BTS game planned that would be proper scary. A really eerie feel to it as well. I mentioned the jist to SoO.

Hope I can still use it-

In a 2014 POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Yes, another Open House please. I enjoyed my first (2012) and a friend that was supposed to go with me was prevented from attending and really wants to go for his first time.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Still hoping for a 2014 POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:Still hoping for a 2014 POH!

Me too.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Oi, Dark Elf, why art thou late?
In a pub, at work, where art thou, mate?
Wherever now thou art, thou hast to be
in the year 1 score 14, you will see,
at the next open house
with your brother and me!

A song!

Icefalcon
Champion

Hendrik, don't forget to shoot the smurf.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Icefalcon wrote:Hendrik, don't forget to shoot the smurf.

:lol:

You just know it. I always get 'em ...

at a 2014 open house.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

ROFL. Nice one mate.

POH POH POH!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Icefalcon
Champion

Well, you know he is just that awesome because he is a Juicer. :lol:
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Icefalcon wrote:Well, you know he is just that awesome because he is a Juicer. :lol:

... even when sleeping after days of awesome gaming

... blasting smurfs to kingdom come :D

... at the POH 2014!

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Still saving in case of a POH 2014!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I sure please would like another Open House in 2014.

"The Devil's among us!
Icefalcon
Champion

Open House for 2014.
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

A 2014 open house would be great.
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

Open House for 2014, please.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Sure, an open house for every day in 2014.

"The Devil's among us!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Open house for 2014!

Just leave the warehouse unlocked - we'll do the rest!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic

Return to “Palladium Open House”