When IS the UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Arnie100
Knight

Re: When IS the UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

Unread post by Arnie100 »

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=183

This will be a hot, early 2014 release.
They can't see me...Right!?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Arnie100 wrote:http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=691:palladium-booksr-weekly-update-november-1-2013&catid=52:weekly-updates&Itemid=183

Ah, like it was a September 2009 release?
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=691:palladium-booksr-weekly-update-november-1-2013&catid=52:weekly-updates&Itemid=183

Well, at least it has cover art...
They can't see me...Right!?
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

I've learned to just keep an eye on Palladium's website and be pleasantly surprised when it is available.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

Thanks for reminding me we will never get the spaceship book(s). Now I'm Palladium depressed again.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

Well the cover looks pretty good. Can't wait to get it in 2021.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

Well, we now have Four more days before another deadline has been officially missed :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

mech798 wrote:Well, we now have Four more days before another deadline has been officially missed :)

Eh... I can personally attest that Hell* has, in fact, frozen over several times in recent weeks and snow is expected there at several times in the coming days. Are we counting that as a missed target too?

* Okay, so it's just Hell, MI... but still...
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

i would not count on seeing this title anytime soon, and I bet it will not come out before 2015 at best. palladium books time line for getting anything out bits.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Lt Gargoyle wrote:i would not count on seeing this title anytime soon, and I bet it will not come out before 2015 at best. palladium books time line for getting anything out bits.
I'm thinking 1stQ or early 2ndQ... much later than that and I'll be writing off Palladium for another 5 years, or until they produce some Hover-tank minis for tactics.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:i would not count on seeing this title anytime soon, and I bet it will not come out before 2015 at best. palladium books time line for getting anything out bits.
I'm thinking 1stQ or early 2ndQ... much later than that and I'll be writing off Palladium for another 5 years, or until they produce some Hover-tank minis for tactics.

well I would get ready for your five years. The track record shows they put everything behind the rifts books, and even those are behind schedule regularly. And I will not get into tactics until they are making mini for the other two eras.

Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

AlexM wrote:We've got it scheduled for December, 2013.

Alex Marciniszyn

I nearly spit out my drink when I read this! :lol: Anyways it's coming out Q1 of next year along with the other two RT books that are on track to come out Q1. At least that's what I read on one these threads or updates. Anyways time for bed this drink has me sleepy now. Night y'all.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Kryptt wrote:

Alex Marciniszyn

I nearly spit out my drink when I read this! :lol: Anyways it's coming out Q1 of next year along with the other two RT books that are on track to come out Q1. At least that's what I read on one these threads or updates. Anyways time for bed this drink has me sleepy now. Night y'all.

Keep spitting. I do not recall the last time they got 3 books out by summer let alone the 1st quarter.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

jaymz wrote:
Kryptt wrote:

Alex Marciniszyn

Keep spitting. I do not recall the last time they got 3 books out by summer let alone the 1st quarter.

its a rarity that its 3 books in one year... counting rifters ;)
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Well, in this particular book's case we have to wonder WHERE the actual bottleneck is in the production process?

Is it Palladium setting and missing overly optimistic release dates?
Is it the editor-in-chief not satisfied with what he's getting from his writer, thus holding the book up in approvals?
Is it Harmony Gold, holding the book up in approvals because it doesn't meet their criteria?
Is it Harmony Gold, holding the book up because the legal approvals are slow in coming while Tatsunoko's attention is elsewhere?

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

ZINO wrote:any good news UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

They changed the name thou it's REF marines now.
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Seto Kaiba wrote:Well, in this particular book's case we have to wonder WHERE the actual bottleneck is in the production process?

Is it the editor-in-chief not satisfied with what he's getting from his writer, thus holding the book up in approvals?
Is it Harmony Gold, holding the book up in approvals because it doesn't meet their criteria?
Is it Harmony Gold, holding the book up because the legal approvals are slow in coming while Tatsunoko's attention is elsewhere?

The first one of course. And sometimes the second.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

ScottBernard wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:Well, in this particular book's case we have to wonder WHERE the actual bottleneck is in the production process?

In this case I'd say all four to varying degrees.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

jaymz wrote:
ScottBernard wrote:

In this case I'd say all four to varying degrees.

Agreed. On top of point 1 which is always a problem, Palladium has to make Harmony Gold happy with the product as well. HG isn't exactly known for releasing products on time either.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Kagashi wrote:Agreed. On top of point 1 which is always a problem, Palladium has to make Harmony Gold happy with the product as well. HG isn't exactly known for releasing products on time either.

Yeah, I've read plenty of grumbling on those first two points... though since this isn't Palladium-owned IP, I imagine that the latter two are playing a fairly significant role as well. Harmony Gold's got a fairly comprehensive oversight power as part of their contract with Palladium this time around, and supposedly they're actually (halfheartedly) using it. I have to wonder if there isn't a bigger problem being caused by the use of non-Robotech non-production MOSPEADA concept art in UEEF Marines. It's something outside the scope of Harmony Gold's preexisting license agreement with Tatsunoko.

Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Well, id say don't hold your breath for it, but be happy when it finallly comes out. After all what's the point of getting over excited for this book? Beyond the fact we all want it. But I want the space ship book as well and we will never get that either!

mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Kagashi wrote:Agreed. On top of point 1 which is always a problem, Palladium has to make Harmony Gold happy with the product as well. HG isn't exactly known for releasing products on time either.

Yeah, I've read plenty of grumbling on those first two points... though since this isn't Palladium-owned IP, I imagine that the latter two are playing a fairly significant role as well. Harmony Gold's got a fairly comprehensive oversight power as part of their contract with Palladium this time around, and supposedly they're actually (halfheartedly) using it. I have to wonder if there isn't a bigger problem being caused by the use of non-Robotech non-production MOSPEADA concept art in UEEF Marines. It's something outside the scope of Harmony Gold's preexisting license agreement with Tatsunoko.

In all truthfulness, even a small company like HG probably doesn't see a lot of money from licensing the game. That's a problem a lot of licensees have-- the IP holder has the right to review things, but often not a lot of incentive to say, handle it with dispatch. This can be, from personal experience a BIG problem is the company isn't large enough to have a dedicated individual/group focused on IP licensing matters-- in that case if often devolves to "whoever has the time." Sometimes "whoever has the time" doesn't equal "someone who has final authority."

On the other hand, there are certain points that you can depend on, or to put it differently, if a company says "yes, yes, yes." and ten at the last moment demands a complete rewrite, that IP had better be worth pure gold (as in Star Wars levels) or you'd just be better abandoning it.

Equally, let's just say: "mechanoids space." One does not have to assume shenanigans on HG's part to justify this product being late :).
Seto Kaiba
Knight

mech798 wrote:This can be, from personal experience a BIG problem is the company isn't large enough to have a dedicated individual/group focused on IP licensing matters-- in that case if often devolves to "whoever has the time."

True enough, I've had the same experience myself on more occasions than I care to number... though, unless authority over there has changed hands recently, Harmony Gold does have someone whose primary job is the management of licenses. The actual approvals have to go past the desk of the creative director though, so that's likely a bottleneck on their end.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”