Cosmo Knights and thier innards or maybe lack therefore of..

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

cornholio wrote:Rifts: Siege on Tolkeen: Final Siege. Baartrk Krror (a Great Horned Dragon AND Dragon King) had to have special Atlantis-based Bio-Wizardry performed on him to prevent his Eye from growing back once they cut it out (he lost to Styphon himself, and was held captive/tortured after beating Styphon nearly senseless, but then falling to treachery from Styphon). There are other examples in Rifts of Dragons who have to have powerful Magicks worked on them to stop the Dragon's Healing Abilities from taking hold....

Svartalf award for obscure but relevant quotes.

So dragon regeneration can bring back lost complex organs. It can therefore be assumed that any creature with a bio regen in the x/minute range ought to get back what they lose.

The quote is still woefully wrong: It wasn't Styphon but Styphathal who took the DK's eye, and also him who had the operation performed, so as to leave his victim with a permanent reminder.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Borast wrote:There is even canonical evidence they can't, since there is one dragon who's wing sails have been shreaded to the point where it could no longer fly (and would not)...might have been a symptom of the radiation it was emitting, but you never know! :lol:

I do know and it was the radiation.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Svartalf wrote:
cornholio wrote:Rifts: Siege on Tolkeen: Final Siege. Baartrk Krror (a Great Horned Dragon AND Dragon King) had to have special Atlantis-based Bio-Wizardry performed on him to prevent his Eye from growing back once they cut it out (he lost to Styphon himself, and was held captive/tortured after beating Styphon nearly senseless, but then falling to treachery from Styphon). There are other examples in Rifts of Dragons who have to have powerful Magicks worked on them to stop the Dragon's Healing Abilities from taking hold....

So dragon regeneration can bring back lost complex organs. It can therefore be assumed that any creature with a bio regen in the x/minute range ought to get back what they lose.

The quote is still woefully wrong: It wasn't Styphon but Styphathal who took the DK's eye, and also him who had the operation performed, so as to leave his victim with a permanent reminder.
Sytphon, Styphatal, Step-Brother, Strep Throat....what's the Difference???? Lemme at 'em!!!! I'll give them what for!!!! :lol:
Last edited by cornholioprime on Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Svartalf wrote:

Rifts isn't exactly clear in this regard, either. Unfortunately, there are quite a few Creatures in Rifts that regenerate /heal /recover /recuperate /regain large amounts of MDC, but don't regrow limbs/organs (I'm at work now, but will look through my Rifts Tomes later for specific examples, unless others find said examples first)...............

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

cornholioprime wrote:
gadrin wrote:yeah, hope he doesn't need to meditate for 10 minutes...

It's Worse. I had to prepare a long, complicated Ritual, and at the end of it, I permanently lost 1 M.E. point....but boy, was it worth it!!!!!

Don't worry, I just lost 1 IQ permantly reading this post :lol:
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Well, this seems to have meandered rather far afield...mind you, I am (finally) actually responding to about 30 "New Posts"... :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Malakai »

Inn response to the question of regeneration of limbs and such, if you do the math for some of these things (like the Royal Kreeghor 1D6x10 / minute and regrows lost limbs over 1D6 hours) you will almost always find that, if they were able to regenerate limbs using their Bio-regenerate power only,that in that minimum of 1 hour they could have regenerated 2100 MDC (average). looking at the MDC of the RK's, a 15th level with max rolls would have 1450 MDC, so they could have regenerated from near death in less than an hour. the question then becomes why doe it take so long to regrow an arm? My view is that, unless regeneration of limbs and such is specifically listed, you may still lose your limbs (your regeneration will heal the stump). It is this same regeneration which then prohibits cybernetic and / or bionic implants, as it tries to removes the foreign objects from the body. If you could retrieve the limb and go to a medic, I would also allow you to re-attach the arm, as long as it hasn't been too long.

Cosmo-Knight I would make exceptions for, since they do fight the nastiest there is in the 3G's.

And getting back to CKs, I say that they still do have "innards", including blood, but such things are infused with cosmic energy. this means they can still bleed, when they get beaten down enough, and they may still eats, sleep, and what not (they don't need to, but it doesn't say they can't). Plus, the visual effects of having the blood drip through cracked armor after a battle can really bring home that these Knights still feel pain and can die.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

gadrin wrote:
Malakai wrote:And getting back to CKs, I say that they still do have "innards", including blood, but such things are infused with cosmic energy. this means they can still bleed, when they get beaten down enough, and they may still eats, sleep, and what not (they don't need to, but it doesn't say they can't). Plus, the visual effects of having the blood drip through cracked armor after a battle can really bring home that these Knights still feel pain and can die.

I agree.

when not in armor the books mention they can pass as one of their race, so you might extend that to:

if he/she took a physical a doctor wouldn't find anything unusual.
x-rays, sensors and stuff, might not be the same, but that's up to the GM.

when they summon their armor, they don't change to 10 feet tall, so it's safe to say the "person underneath" is their "normal form".

your mileage may vary.
Some (Alignment) Restrictions may apply.

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Malakai wrote: the question then becomes why doe it take so long to regrow an arm?

Doesn't seem to take long at all considering that they have completely recreate matter and intricate systems like the blood and bone and so forth.
That's just my opinion though...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

AdeptPaladin wrote:
svartalf wrote:So dragon regeneration can bring back lost complex organs. It can therefore be assumed that any creature with a bio regen in the x/minute range ought to get back what they lose.

Demigods and Godlings cannot regenerate lost body parts, however.

Can you quote me where it says this?
Or did you "just decide they couldn't based on regen rates"?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

AdeptPaladin wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:
AdeptPaladin wrote:
svartalf wrote:So dragon regeneration can bring back lost complex organs. It can therefore be assumed that any creature with a bio regen in the x/minute range ought to get back what they lose.

Demigods and Godlings cannot regenerate lost body parts, however.

Can you quote me where it says this?
Or did you "just decide they couldn't based on regen rates"?

Based on precedent; any being capable of regenerating lost limbs has it explicitly mentioned in their stats.

No, You are just assuming that.

However, both are capable of getting them but have no desire for any sort of augmentation.

I have seen no evidence for either part of your statement.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

AdeptPaladin wrote:No, that's how it is in the books.

No it isn't

Read CB2: Pantheons of the Megaverse, P17.

Read that, don't see where it says they can't regen. Oh lthat's right it doesn't.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Sir_Spirit wrote:
AdeptPaladin wrote:No, that's how it is in the books.

No it isn't

Read CB2: Pantheons of the Megaverse, P17.

Read that, don't see where it says they can't regen. Oh lthat's right it doesn't.
I don't quite know what you're getting at, Spirit.

If you're Creature "X," and you can get Cybernetics and Prosthetics (which both Godlings and Demigods can do; they could even opt to go Full Conversion Cyborg if they so wanted -which they don't), then chances are that you simply cannot regenerate Limbs and/or Organs.

I have personally NEVER heard of any Creature in the Rifts Game Setting that can opt to "turn off" its Super-Regenerative Capabilities at will in order to recieve Implants, Cybernetics, or Prosthetics........

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”