Technical Observations

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

oldnerd13

Unread post by oldnerd13 »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
oldnerd13 wrote:What? Other than that Glitterboy2089 guy (and he was only being condescending, not "mean"), we are having a perfectly civil discussion. No mod/admin intervention needed here.

singiling out, and slaming other individuals is out of line, and having an offensive signature text is also kinda out of line. but i cant report posts.

I did not do any of that.
oldnerd13

Unread post by oldnerd13 »

And my sig is a joke. A self deprecating one at that.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Is it really that hard to keep a thread on topic?
Next visit to this thread, I lock it.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I'm really hoping this a joke that doesn't make it into final tech-specs for the RPG, but the Art of Robotech Shadow Chronicles sez of the Ikazuchi that the front end is reinforced for ramming, and that the front also sports two giant armored bay doors...

True, the Daedalus Manuever and the Tristar/Outsider atatcks showed ramming was an effective attack in Robotech, but I don't see them designing a specific capability unless the Ikuzachi's were designed with Zentraedi ships or Tirolean Motherships in mind...The Ikazuchis were later designs, after they'd established the Masters and Zentraedi were no longer a force to be reckoned with..I thought the 'louvres' in front were sensor arrays...
Also the Artbook description kisses off a heavy gun like the Zentraedi lasers...But don't we see the 'Zuchis firing long range reflex fire in the movie?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Everyone seems to be forgetting that everything the old books say is no longer true and some of the stuff from Robotech.com could be changing. Don't believe anything until it is either confirmed in a sourcebook or remains the same on the official site.

Everything we all thought we knew about the UEG, UEDF, ASC, UEEF, Invid, Masters, and Zentraedi are up to question.
taalismn
Priest

Ah....anybody else hate that 'walking on air/relative motion of freefalling' sensation? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Or maybe the nose hatches make it easier for fast loading when docked nose-on to a space station? And somebody thought it would be nifty for combat debarking...
Frankly, that inclusion makes me think Tommy just needed something interesting to put there, thought the front of the Iks looked like the big 'swivel' bays of the Crusader Dropships on the rebuilt SDF-3(more than anything else, I want to see the specifics and details on the Crusaders...sorry, but they look so freakin' RIDICULOUS from an engineering standpoint...what, either they have to have artificial gravity on ALL the time, or the internal decks in the bays swivel to orient with local garvitic frame-of-reference...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

whipped4073 wrote:
taalismn wrote:I'm really hoping this a joke that doesn't make it into final tech-specs for the RPG, but the Art of Robotech Shadow Chronicles sez of the Ikazuchi that the front end is reinforced for ramming, and that the front also sports two giant armored bay doors...

True, the Daedalus Manuever and the Tristar/Outsider atatcks showed ramming was an effective attack in Robotech, but I don't see them designing a specific capability unless the Ikuzachi's were designed with Zentraedi ships or Tirolean Motherships in mind...The Ikazuchis were later designs, after they'd established the Masters and Zentraedi were no longer a force to be reckoned with..I thought the 'louvres' in front were sensor arrays...
Also the Artbook description kisses off a heavy gun like the Zentraedi lasers...But don't we see the 'Zuchis firing long range reflex fire in the movie?

I don't know if they did or not, have to look again.

OTOH... maybe the hatches just allow them to deploy more Alphas & Betas than just with the quick-launch bays, maybe even in Fighter Mode?

Actualy according to the OSM GCM art, the front ends were originaly designed to fold down into a pair of unloading ramps, bascialy allowing (I think)three Decks to unload at once. the ships were bascialy a space born combination of LSD, LST, RO-RO, Super Carier, and super freighter.
冠双
taalismn
Priest

Makes more sense...and somebody probably used the hatches for combat disembarkment as an afterthought...Also makes it easier for the Battloid-mode Alpha bays to be loaded up from inside...simply march the Alphas in the front, and to the appropriate bays...Though they appear to have done away with that system in the newer Iks, replacing the shoulder-to-shoulder cramming in Battloid mode with conventional 'Galactica'-style launch tubes...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

the Horizon T bascialy does the job of the LCAC / CH-46 / CH-53. Esentualy they go in first or they suport small team ops.

granted they are classed (or were classed) as SDF class ships so they may have their own mini fold drive
冠双

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”