Robotech Crossover question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SRoss
Knight

Re: Robotech Crossover question

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:Apparently there's a movie in the works...

News to me. 8)

I think that's been in the works since the 80s? Last I heard, Johnathan Frakes was looking at doing it in the aftermath of doing Thunderbirds.
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Supposedly its going into production this year. We'll see.
They can't see me...Right!?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Interesting info.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

"So,...let me get this straight. You people came across the dimensional wall..."
"The warp..."
"Brought your entire people here, lock, stock, and barrel, seeking to settle in new territories more amenable to your way of life."
"Say it, we can take it: we're refugees."
"You're refugees. And what exactly is driving you here?"
"Well, a long time ago we were an integral part of events in our universe! We were a presence! A faction! We were playahs! We can myths, legends, exclusive listings, special rules, we were on the up and up, growing partners in the way of things...."
"But...."
"We got retconned. 'Not interesting enough!', 'too small!', 'pathetic' they said! So we got cut from the new editions! Downgraded to offcamera legends! Pushed off the scene! No calls for models! Not even epic-scale minis! WE got buried as the other factions grew bigger and fatter! Oh, there were rumors that we were coming back! Quiet whispering campaigns to bring back a faction to balance the other guys with something different... We held out hope we could return, rise to prominence once more, especially with he slick new products coming out of the studios. We could have been big! Figuratively speaking, of course.."
"#####ing Tau."
"And the Necrons. AND the Sisters. All new and shiny, and no room for us! Yeah, that put the nails on the coffin of our hopes! We could see the handwriting on the wall....Hardly even any mention of us on /tg/. So we decided to pack it in and move while the moving's good. Heard we might have relatives in some place with three galaxies nearby each other, but we'll settle for a place even here, if you'll have us."
"Well, to be honest, it could be interesting; the UEsG hasn't had much dealings ith dwarv-"
"Please, we're Squats. Call us SQUATS."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

"What universe are you from again?"
"Well; uhhmm...I don't remember! They even cbanged it's name!"
They can't see me...Right!?
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:"So,...let me get this straight. You people came across the dimensional wall..."
"The warp..."
"Brought your entire people here, lock, stock, and barrel, seeking to settle in new territories more amenable to your way of life."
"Say it, we can take it: we're refugees."
"You're refugees. And what exactly is driving you here?"
"Well, a long time ago we were an integral part of events in our universe! We were a presence! A faction! We were playahs! We can myths, legends, exclusive listings, special rules, we were on the up and up, growing partners in the way of things...."
"But...."
"We got retconned. 'Not interesting enough!', 'too small!', 'pathetic' they said! So we got cut from the new editions! Downgraded to offcamera legends! Pushed off the scene! No calls for models! Not even epic-scale minis! WE got buried as the other factions grew bigger and fatter! Oh, there were rumors that we were coming back! Quiet whispering campaigns to bring back a faction to balance the other guys with something different... We held out hope we could return, rise to prominence once more, especially with he slick new products coming out of the studios. We could have been big! Figuratively speaking, of course.."
"#####ing Tau."
"And the Necrons. AND the Sisters. All new and shiny, and no room for us! Yeah, that put the nails on the coffin of our hopes! We could see the handwriting on the wall....Hardly even any mention of us on /tg/. So we decided to pack it in and move while the moving's good. Heard we might have relatives in some place with three galaxies nearby each other, but we'll settle for a place even here, if you'll have us."
"Well, to be honest, it could be interesting; the UEsG hasn't had much dealings ith dwarv-"
"Please, we're Squats. Call us SQUATS."

:lol: Never knew they were part of the 40k universe. The regular part, yes, but not 40k.

Arnie100 wrote:"What universe are you from again?"
"Well; uhhmm...I don't remember! They even cbanged it's name!"

:lol:
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, back in the day of the old 'crow helmet' pattern Space Marines, the Space DwarvesSquats were a part of WH40K, and featured in the White Wolf magazines...I even have one of the compiled issues...they were essentially better-organized Orks with cleaner gear, though they got very little model coverage. They were supposed to be badass light motorized vehicle sorts, with heavy weapons trikes and mobile artillery, but subsequent rules revisions plowed them down and distributed their good stuff to the other factions(the Imperial Guard got some of their artillery, the Orks got their bikes and battle-trikes). Mention of them grew vaguer and vaguer, with their homeworlds finally becoming 'lost', the grail of the Adeptus Mechanicus searching for Holy Technology.
There's been talk that the Sisters of Battle may get 'squatted' as much of their original Eclisarch allies have been shunted away, and they've become the victims of choice in an amount of canon fluff, but word is that the Sisters might get a few new units in future model releases.

Mind you, I don't collect WH40K or play it, but I keep an eye on the fluff; some of the /tg/ fan-created groups, especially new Space Marine Chapters)like the Angry Marines and the Reasonable Marines), get to be pretty funny.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Yeah, back in the day of the old 'crow helmet' pattern Space Marines, the Space DwarvesSquats were a part of WH40K, and featured in the White Wolf magazines...I even have one of the compiled issues...they were essentially better-organized Orks with cleaner gear, though they got very little model coverage. They were supposed to be badass light motorized vehicle sorts, with heavy weapons trikes and mobile artillery, but subsequent rules revisions plowed them down and distributed their good stuff to the other factions(the Imperial Guard got some of their artillery, the Orks got their bikes and battle-trikes). Mention of them grew vaguer and vaguer, with their homeworlds finally becoming 'lost', the grail of the Adeptus Mechanicus searching for Holy Technology.
There's been talk that the Sisters of Battle may get 'squatted' as much of their original Eclisarch allies have been shunted away, and they've become the victims of choice in an amount of canon fluff, but word is that the Sisters might get a few new units in future model releases.

Mind you, I don't collect WH40K or play it, but I keep an eye on the fluff; some of the /tg/ fan-created groups, especially new Space Marine Chapters)like the Angry Marines and the Reasonable Marines), get to be pretty funny.

Sad about them. And thanks for the info.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:Yeah, back in the day of the old 'crow helmet' pattern Space Marines, the Space DwarvesSquats were a part of WH40K, and featured in the White Wolf magazines...I even have one of the compiled issues...they were essentially better-organized Orks with cleaner gear, though they got very little model coverage. They were supposed to be badass light motorized vehicle sorts, with heavy weapons trikes and mobile artillery, but subsequent rules revisions plowed them down and distributed their good stuff to the other factions(the Imperial Guard got some of their artillery, the Orks got their bikes and battle-trikes). Mention of them grew vaguer and vaguer, with their homeworlds finally becoming 'lost', the grail of the Adeptus Mechanicus searching for Holy Technology.

There is also Annie's favorite Chapter...
Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

Huh never heard of these guys before in any of the wh40k groups I've been in.

I want to say this is one of the most interesting thread I ever read on any forum I've been on. I only just got to page 70 and already I want to contribute it. Has anyone done Iron Kingdoms yet?
taalismn
Priest

Chronicler wrote:[

I want to say this is one of the most interesting thread I ever read on any forum I've been on. I only just got to page 70 and already I want to contribute it. Has anyone done Iron Kingdoms yet?

Thanks! Welcome to Dementia Alley!
And no, I haven't even heard of Iron Kingdoms, so feel free to contribute what you got in mind. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicler
Adventurer

thanks here is a little primer, but I'll start writing it tomarrow:
http://privateerpress.com/iron-kingdoms ... n-kingdoms
taalismn
Priest

Meanwhile:

“So this is some sort of initiation you people hold for newcomers to your universe, eh?”
“Yep. Just do like we said, and it’s all live.”
“Strange business, but at least it’s not Chaos worship. So, any preference how I do this?”
“Your choice; it’s the hitting that’s the important part. Ready when you are.”
“Alright.” (whips out a bolt pistol)
*BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*
Gendo: “GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!”
“Eww....groin shot! Very good!”
“That was oddly satisfying. So, we’re square?”
“The Squat Resettlement Treaty is good as gold.”
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:

There is also Annie's favorite Chapter...

:lol: :lol:

Chronicler wrote:

Huh never heard of these guys before in any of the wh40k groups I've been in.

Don't think so. But we could have, and I just forgot about it. A lot has been written here.

taalismn wrote:
Chronicler wrote:[

Thanks! Welcome to Dementia Alley!
And no, I haven't even heard of Iron Kingdoms, so feel free to contribute what you got in mind. :D

Yes, please add more to the insanity, please. :D

Chronicler wrote:thanks here is a little primer, but I'll start writing it tomarrow:
http://privateerpress.com/iron-kingdoms ... n-kingdoms

Interesting. Looks a little like World of Warcraft/Warhammer, or something in that venue.

taalismn wrote:Meanwhile:

“So this is some sort of initiation you people hold for newcomers to your universe, eh?”
“Yep. Just do like we said, and it’s all live.”
“Strange business, but at least it’s not Chaos worship. So, any preference how I do this?”
“Your choice; it’s the hitting that’s the important part. Ready when you are.”
“Alright.” (whips out a bolt pistol)
*BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*
Gendo: “GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!”
“Eww....groin shot! Very good!”
“That was oddly satisfying. So, we’re square?”
“The Squat Resettlement Treaty is good as gold.”

taalismn
Priest

UEsG Interdimensional Immigration Test Question #45:
"Would you be willing to kill this man, or at least hit him in the nuts?"
(picture of Ikari Gendo)
"If your answer is 'Yes', please proceed to Room #3."

(Room #3)
Gendo:(as door opens) "Oh no...not again..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicler
Adventurer

ok couldn't come up with a good first contacted story so here's what I got:

Leto could not comprehend what just happened. He was in the middle of the royal assembly discussing the resent events in the southern Thornwood when in a flash three blue armored men had appeared before him. The nobles where just as shocked as he was as silence fell on the assembly. It felt like a century as both he and these men stared at each other waiting for one of them to make a move. Then the silence broke.
“Guards!” yelled Archduke Galten, “Intruders in the court!”
King Leto came out of it and saw that all three of the intruders panicked with fear. He could tell right away that whoever they are they surely didn’t intend to be here. Soon the royal guards burst into the assembly hall, their voltaic halberds at the ready.
“Sh*t, retreat back to the gate!” Yelled the front man.
They were about to turn tail as the guards charged in. “Hold!” boomed Leto, “Stand down!”
Both guards and the intruders halt in their tracks. The armored men at both parties looked at him along with the gaping stare from the assembled nobles. Leto stepped toward them. “And to whom do I owe the pleasure to those that dropped in?”
The men before him just stood there, probably from the sudden pleasantries Leto thought. One of them came forward and spoke. “I am Lieutenant Mark AL ester of the United Earth Governments. We are interdimensional explorers of the SDEF.”
Ah military thought Leto, “I am King Leto Raelthone ruler of Cygnar. It is a pleasure to meet you Lieutenant Al ester.” Leto raised a hand to shake.
The man took it “It is a pleasure meeting you your Majesty.”
The assembly is shocked. “Your Majesty,” piped one of the nobles “What are you doing!?!”
The king turned to him “I’m greeting guests.”
The noble was perplexed.” How can you trust not only strangers, but people that just appear out of thin air? They could be enemy sorcerers!”
“You have magic in this world?”
“Indeed we do. Do you not have the gift where you come from?”
“No sir.”
“Then how did you get here then?” questioned Leto.
“Through an anomaly that our government can control using science.”
“Interesting, and you came from another world?”
“Indeed we do, our mission is to seek out new worlds for trade, and for the hell of it.”
King Leto gave a laugh, “I’m sure you do.”
“We are truly sorry for barging in like this,” said the Lt “Our guys at the other end said we would be in a forest.”
“That is alright, there was no harm, right?” as Leto looked around the royal assembly. The nobles nodded nervously.
“Is it alright for us to send a diplomat, because me and the boys here aren’t good at this sort of first contact.” Spoke the Lt.
Leto thought for a moment. The kingdom was in the middle of war on all sides and from within. These strangers from another world were friendly and offering formal diplomatic talk. Letos curiosity was also getting the better of him.
“I do not see why not.”

“Well that was quick, what did you see?”
Lt Al ester looked at the gate technician. “You landed us in the middle of a king’s court and almost had a bad first contact if it wasn’t for the king.”
The technician gave him a perplex look. “That’s odd the gate was to open in a forest, that’s what the recon drone read.”
“Well it was wrong, but it couldn’t have gone worse. They are excepting a diplomat they want to know more about us then we do of them.”

First time writing fan fic so there.
taalismn
Priest

Good first attempt.

I liked the justification: "and just for the hell of it."(shrug) Yeah, that pretty much sums up the reason a lot of this stuff gets written. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:UEsG Interdimensional Immigration Test Question #45:
"Would you be willing to kill this man, or at least hit him in the nuts?"
(picture of Ikari Gendo)
"If your answer is 'Yes', please proceed to Room #3."

(Room #3)
Gendo:(as door opens) "Oh no...not again..."

Chronicler wrote:ok couldn't come up with a good first contacted story so here's what I got:

Leto could not comprehend what just happened. He was in the middle of the royal assembly discussing the resent events in the southern Thornwood when in a flash three blue armored men had appeared before him. The nobles where just as shocked as he was as silence fell on the assembly. It felt like a century as both he and these men stared at each other waiting for one of them to make a move. Then the silence broke.
“Guards!” yelled Archduke Galten, “Intruders in the court!”
King Leto came out of it and saw that all three of the intruders panicked with fear. He could tell right away that whoever they are they surely didn’t intend to be here. Soon the royal guards burst into the assembly hall, their voltaic halberds at the ready.
“Sh*t, retreat back to the gate!” Yelled the front man.
They were about to turn tail as the guards charged in. “Hold!” boomed Leto, “Stand down!”
Both guards and the intruders halt in their tracks. The armored men at both parties looked at him along with the gaping stare from the assembled nobles. Leto stepped toward them. “And to whom do I owe the pleasure to those that dropped in?”
The men before him just stood there, probably from the sudden pleasantries Leto thought. One of them came forward and spoke. “I am Lieutenant Mark AL ester of the United Earth Governments. We are interdimensional explorers of the SDEF.”
Ah military thought Leto, “I am King Leto Raelthone ruler of Cygnar. It is a pleasure to meet you Lieutenant Al ester.” Leto raised a hand to shake.
The man took it “It is a pleasure meeting you your Majesty.”
The assembly is shocked. “Your Majesty,” piped one of the nobles “What are you doing!?!”
The king turned to him “I’m greeting guests.”
The noble was perplexed.” How can you trust not only strangers, but people that just appear out of thin air? They could be enemy sorcerers!”
“You have magic in this world?”
“Indeed we do. Do you not have the gift where you come from?”
“No sir.”
“Then how did you get here then?” questioned Leto.
“Through an anomaly that our government can control using science.”
“Interesting, and you came from another world?”
“Indeed we do, our mission is to seek out new worlds for trade, and for the hell of it.”
King Leto gave a laugh, “I’m sure you do.”
“We are truly sorry for barging in like this,” said the Lt “Our guys at the other end said we would be in a forest.”
“That is alright, there was no harm, right?” as Leto looked around the royal assembly. The nobles nodded nervously.
“Is it alright for us to send a diplomat, because me and the boys here aren’t good at this sort of first contact.” Spoke the Lt.
Leto thought for a moment. The kingdom was in the middle of war on all sides and from within. These strangers from another world were friendly and offering formal diplomatic talk. Letos curiosity was also getting the better of him.
“I do not see why not.”

“Well that was quick, what did you see?”
Lt Al ester looked at the gate technician. “You landed us in the middle of a king’s court and almost had a bad first contact if it wasn’t for the king.”
The technician gave him a perplex look. “That’s odd the gate was to open in a forest, that’s what the recon drone read.”
“Well it was wrong, but it couldn’t have gone worse. They are excepting a diplomat they want to know more about us then we do of them.”

First time writing fan fic so there.

Good write up. Though, don't recognize were the place you used.

taalismn wrote:Good first attempt.

I liked the justification: "and just for the hell of it."(shrug) Yeah, that pretty much sums up the reason a lot of this stuff gets written. :D

:lol: To true.
taalismn
Priest

“So this new bunch of arrivals was all set up, with tanks, artillery, heavy weapons, and spoiling for a fight?”
“Well-disciplined for a group that had just been sucked through a one-way Gate and dumped outside one of our colonies. Dug in, and were fanatical; not willing to cooperate at all, and willing to go all the way towards wiping out the resettlement team sent to negotiate with them and the eviction taskforce sent to move them. Religious nuts, too; this Emperor they follow seems to have a real hold on their minds.”
“So what happened?”
“We figured the way they were equipped, they might have WMDs, so we sent a company of BioSan troopers around the backside of their position to scope for biological or chemical weapons, while we attacked from the front. The BiSans got spotted and started to put up a fight, only once the Emperor-lovers got a good look at the Scrubbees, they started screaming something about the ‘Immaculate Marines’ and broke and ran. Whole formation up and decamped and blew right past our forward units. We’ve been picking off parties of them while they’re running for the hills.”
“So what’s this with this new group you ran into?”
“One of the few sub-units that put up a fight. They appear to be something akin to the BioSan troopers, or DOMEST. Their vehicles broke down and we managed to overrun them, but not without a real squabble. They had flamethrowers, but we got them nevertheless.”
**mphhfff!!!**
“Okay, I assume that you stripped, bagged, tied, and gagged this one for a reason?”
**nnnghhh!!**
“They’re fanatics, sir, no telling what they might be hiding on their person. And like I said, they’re nuts. We think this one’s an officer. ESPECIALLY nuts.”
**”mmmpfff!!!”**
“Still, I’d appreciate hearing what she has to say. Ungag her, please.”
“Like I said, they’re nuts. Not much to what they say.”
**”wwwhhhmmpfff!!”**
“I’ll judge for myself. Ungag the prisoner.”
“Your ears, sir.”
*pop*“HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE SISTERS OF CLEA-REPENTIANT!”
“The ‘Sisters Repentiant’?”
“They were dressed like maids, sir, and we confiscated a rather impressive amount of cleaning equipment from their supply train. Flamethrowers aside, they could have given us a good scrubbing. Some of them came at us wearing aprons.”
“BURN THE CORRUPTION OF HERESY!!!! PURGE IT!!!! EXPUNGE IT!!!!”
“We can hardly be heretics if we don’t even follow the same beliefs.”
“Can’t reason with them, sir. We tried earlier.”
“YOU’LL NEVER GET US TO BREAK FAITH WITH THE EMPEROR, NO MATTER HOW YOU RAVISH OUR BODIES!!”
“Wouldn’t dream of it.”
”TORTURE US ALL YOU DARE, YOU’LL NEV-what? What do you mean?”
“Ravish you. We don’t sexually abuse prisoners, and torture’s ...well, enhanced interrogation techniques are only allowed under special circumstances and you don’t qualify.”
“HOW DARE YOU THREATEN- what, we don’t qualify?”
“We know of your universe. We avoid it. And since you came here through a one-way dimensional siphon, you’re stuck here. ”
“...no ravishing?”
“None.”
“No plundering the virtue of your helpless prisoners?”
“We don’t loot, we don’t plunder virtue. Whatever that is.”
“No slaking your carnal thirsts upon our vulnerable bodies?!”
“We don’t slake either.”
“No subjecting us to vile perverse infernal tortures meant to break us body and soul and damn us to the hell of abject corruption as your personal slaves?”
“No, slavery is illegal among us. In fact, seeing as you’re effectively dimensional refugees we’d resettle you into your own community and put you to productive work, probably doing what you’ve already been doing...why’s she sobbing?”
*sob* “...you bastards...you monstrous bastards.....you inhuman bastards!!!!....”(choke)
“.....”
“Like I said, sir, they’re nuts.”
“.....Apparently.”
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicler
Adventurer

Good write up. Though, don't recognize were the place you used.

It in the Cygnar capitol of Caspia. In king Letos castle they have an assembly hall for all the Dukes to talk politics, right now they are talking about the events of the Colossals book (http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/bo ... -colossals)

Cont.

Arius made his way to the assembly hall, his white and blue robes dragging behind him with book in hand. It wasn’t every day that he ever made to any of the meetings in the Royal Assembly. He practically refused for he had to stay neutral in Cygnars affairs. But he made an exception for today. He had to cancel his meetings with the faithful and the Exordeum on matters of the Broken Coast.
At the door to the assembly hall he was greeted by one of the royal guards.
“Your Holiness,” the guard bowed “It is a great honor being you your presents.”
Arius laid his hand on the guard, “Blessed those that fallow the path of Morrow. Now could you show me the way in my son?”
The guard, a bit flustered, opened the door. Arius smiled “Thank you.” This got the poor soul even more flustered.
His Holiness made his way to the floor of the hall where other figures conversed with one another. He recognized the one closes to him. King Leto Raelthorne was in a happy mood, one that Arius hasn’t seen in a long time. The King was dressed in uniform looking his best for the two visitors before him. He soon stopped as he saw him approach.
“Your Holiness, it is good to see you.”
“It is good to see you too my friend.” He looked to the strangers. “Are these the ones that came from beyond Urcaen?”
The Primarch looked at both of them carefully. One was a taller than any man he meet. Cladded in a bulky suit of green armor, his helm had a blank gold plate on it. The other, much smaller man was adorn in a strange white uniform. He looked young and youthful, thick black hair was straiten in a ponytail, green eyes looking over him as well.
“You are Primarch Arius, head of the Church of Morrow.” Spoke the young man. He bowed to him “It is an honor being in your presents. I am Ambassador Nelson of the United Earths Government.” The man gave a jester too the armored figure next to him. “This is my associate June. She is a Spartan of the United Nations Space Command.”
Arius looked at the giant, this is a woman? He thought. June turned to him and acknowledge his presence.
“Now gentlemen,” Nelson motioned to, “Shall we enter on through?”
The portal to the other side sparked a pail blue light. Its presence made its surroundings ripple like water. Primarch Arius was hesitant of going through such a thing to a different world. Never was anything like this in the Enkheiridion of Morrow or in any text of sorcery. Leto glanced at Arius and sensed is doubt.
“Don’t worry old friend, I assure you the other side is safe.” And with that Leto stepped over to the shimmering portal and vanished. Giving a quick prayer Primarch Arius stepped on through the other side.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:“So this new bunch of arrivals was all set up, with tanks, artillery, heavy weapons, and spoiling for a fight?”
“Well-disciplined for a group that had just been sucked through a one-way Gate and dumped outside one of our colonies. Dug in, and were fanatical; not willing to cooperate at all, and willing to go all the way towards wiping out the resettlement team sent to negotiate with them and the eviction taskforce sent to move them. Religious nuts, too; this Emperor they follow seems to have a real hold on their minds.”
“So what happened?”
“We figured the way they were equipped, they might have WMDs, so we sent a company of BioSan troopers around the backside of their position to scope for biological or chemical weapons, while we attacked from the front. The BiSans got spotted and started to put up a fight, only once the Emperor-lovers got a good look at the Scrubbees, they started screaming something about the ‘Immaculate Marines’ and broke and ran. Whole formation up and decamped and blew right past our forward units. We’ve been picking off parties of them while they’re running for the hills.”
“One of the few sub-units that put up a fight. They appear to be something akin to the BioSan troopers, or DOMEST. Their vehicles broke down and we managed to overrun them, but not without a real squabble. They had flamethrowers, but we got them nevertheless.”
**mphhfff!!!**
“Okay, I assume that you stripped, bagged, tied, and gagged this one for a reason?”
**nnnghhh!!**
“They’re fanatics, sir, no telling what they might be hiding on their person. And like I said, they’re nuts. We think this one’s an officer. ESPECIALLY nuts.”
**”mmmpfff!!!”**
**”wwwhhhmmpfff!!”**
“Your ears, sir.”
“They were dressed like maids, sir, and we confiscated a rather impressive amount of cleaning equipment from their supply train. Flamethrowers aside, they could have given us a good scrubbing. Some of them came at us wearing aprons.”
“YOU’LL NEVER GET US TO BREAK FAITH WITH THE EMPEROR, NO MATTER HOW YOU RAVISH OUR BODIES!!”
“Wouldn’t dream of it.”
“Ravish you. We don’t sexually abuse prisoners, and torture’s ...well, enhanced interrogation techniques are only allowed under special circumstances and you don’t qualify.”
“We know of your universe. We avoid it. And since you came here through a one-way dimensional siphon, you’re stuck here. ”
“...no ravishing?”
“None.”
“We don’t slake either.”
“No subjecting us to vile perverse infernal tortures meant to break us body and soul and damn us to the hell of abject corruption as your personal slaves?”
“No, slavery is illegal among us. In fact, seeing as you’re effectively dimensional refugees we’d resettle you into your own community and put you to productive work, probably doing what you’ve already been doing...why’s she sobbing?”
*sob* “...you bastards...you monstrous bastards.....you inhuman bastards!!!!....”(choke)
“.....”
“.....Apparently.”

"So, what did you do with the crazy maids?"

"We put them in temporary housing with the Misato clones."

" :eek: :eek: :eek: "
taalismn
Priest

Chronicler wrote:Good write up. Though, don't recognize were the place you used..

Warhammer 40K...heavily influenced by binging on /tg/'s tendency to spin off whacky grimdarks like the fastidiously clean and evil Immaculate Marines and the ever-frustrated Sisters of Cleaning.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:“So this new bunch of arrivals was all set up, with tanks, artillery, heavy weapons, and spoiling for a fight?”
“So what happened?”
**mphhfff!!!**
**nnnghhh!!**
**”mmmpfff!!!”**
**”wwwhhhmmpfff!!”**
“Your ears, sir.”
“Wouldn’t dream of it.”
“...no ravishing?”
“None.”
“We don’t slake either.”
“.....”
“.....Apparently.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chronicler wrote:Good write up. Though, don't recognize were the place you used.

It in the Cygnar capitol of Caspia. In king Letos castle they have an assembly hall for all the Dukes to talk politics, right now they are talking about the events of the Colossals book (http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/bo ... -colossals)

Cont.

Arius made his way to the assembly hall, his white and blue robes dragging behind him with book in hand. It wasn’t every day that he ever made to any of the meetings in the Royal Assembly. He practically refused for he had to stay neutral in Cygnars affairs. But he made an exception for today. He had to cancel his meetings with the faithful and the Exordeum on matters of the Broken Coast.
At the door to the assembly hall he was greeted by one of the royal guards.
“Your Holiness,” the guard bowed “It is a great honor being you your presents.”
Arius laid his hand on the guard, “Blessed those that fallow the path of Morrow. Now could you show me the way in my son?”
The guard, a bit flustered, opened the door. Arius smiled “Thank you.” This got the poor soul even more flustered.
His Holiness made his way to the floor of the hall where other figures conversed with one another. He recognized the one closes to him. King Leto Raelthorne was in a happy mood, one that Arius hasn’t seen in a long time. The King was dressed in uniform looking his best for the two visitors before him. He soon stopped as he saw him approach.
“Your Holiness, it is good to see you.”
“It is good to see you too my friend.” He looked to the strangers. “Are these the ones that came from beyond Urcaen?”
The Primarch looked at both of them carefully. One was a taller than any man he meet. Cladded in a bulky suit of green armor, his helm had a blank gold plate on it. The other, much smaller man was adorn in a strange white uniform. He looked young and youthful, thick black hair was straiten in a ponytail, green eyes looking over him as well.
“You are Primarch Arius, head of the Church of Morrow.” Spoke the young man. He bowed to him “It is an honor being in your presents. I am Ambassador Nelson of the United Earths Government.” The man gave a jester too the armored figure next to him. “This is my associate June. She is a Spartan of the United Nations Space Command.”
Arius looked at the giant, this is a woman? He thought. June turned to him and acknowledge his presence.
“Now gentlemen,” Nelson motioned to, “Shall we enter on through?”
The portal to the other side sparked a pail blue light. Its presence made its surroundings ripple like water. Primarch Arius was hesitant of going through such a thing to a different world. Never was anything like this in the Enkheiridion of Morrow or in any text of sorcery. Leto glanced at Arius and sensed is doubt.
“Don’t worry old friend, I assure you the other side is safe.” And with that Leto stepped over to the shimmering portal and vanished. Giving a quick prayer Primarch Arius stepped on through the other side.

Liking it! Keep up the good work! :ok:

SRoss wrote:
“So what happened?”
**mphhfff!!!**
**nnnghhh!!**
**”mmmpfff!!!”**
**”wwwhhhmmpfff!!”**
“Your ears, sir.”
“Wouldn’t dream of it.”
“...no ravishing?”
“None.”
“We don’t slake either.”
“.....”
“.....Apparently.”

"So, what did you do with the crazy maids?"

"We put them in temporary housing with the Misato clones."

" :eek: :eek: :eek: "

taalismn wrote:
Chronicler wrote:Good write up. Though, don't recognize were the place you used..

Warhammer 40K...heavily influenced by binging on /tg/'s tendency to spin off whacky grimdarks like the fastidiously clean and evil Immaculate Marines and the ever-frustrated Sisters of Cleaning.

:lol: Wouldn't mind hearing some more info on them.
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote:[ :lol: Wouldn't mind hearing some more info on them.

http://www.google.com/#q=immaculate+marines

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sisters_of_Cleaning
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

taalismn wrote:

Could this be the inspiration for the BioSanitation Squad?
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

taalismn
Priest

SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

No, actually the inspiration for the BioSanS was 'Old B.O.B.' from the movie The Black Hole.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
SRoss wrote:
taalismn wrote:

No, actually the inspiration for the BioSanS was 'Old B.O.B.' from the movie The Black Hole.

I remember seeing that one. For some reason I really like the BOB design. (That's that little red floating robot, right?)
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

B.O.B was the old damaged unit.....the red one was Maximilian ..... And the one that looked like a newer version of B.O.B was V.I.N.Cent
taalismn
Priest

-Hydrospheric energy production proceeding at 95% efficiency; time to full hydrospheric depletion 378.07 sar-units-Lithospheric resource harvest operations proceeding at 75% efficiency; full resource depletion delayed pending hydrospheric energy harvest completion-Full sentient culling at 99.9999% -Priority assigned to anomalous behavior of Tech 49 and pre-Harvest human spacecraft survivor remanent-
The Harvester-Awareness was so focused on the problem developing with Tech 49 that it actually took 0.049 tis-units for the tertiary sensor monitoring subroutine’s alert to register.
780.727 eyar-units in this space/time frame had detected no presence of other spacefaring intelligence; pre-Harvest target survey had evaluated and categorized all target lifeform space hardware and graded none as above level-viii threat level. The sudden detection of advanced FTL-capable mobile structures in the relative immediate vicinity of the target planet therefore came as an unwelcome shock to the Harvester-Awareness.
The massive mobile constructs appearing, ironically, at the same Fold-point the Harvester-Awareness itself had utilized near this system’s sixth planet, rated an immediate level-iv threat. Their sudden acceleration curve as they sped away from the Fold-point upgraded the threat rating to level-iii.
The next reliable scan reading automatically placed the threat rating at level-i.
Protoculture!
The Protoculture Addicts were here!
The Harvester-Awareness immediately began evaluating its options, certain that the approaching vessels would soon, if they had not already, detect the Harvester’s presence in orbit of this system’s lifeworld, and would discern its nature and intent. Though a splinter of the primary Awareness and having only sporadic contact with the main network to transfer its accumulated energy harvest, the Havester-Awareness was updated often enough to be aware of the capabilities of the Protoculture Addicts. Combat would be inevitable.
The Harvester-Awareness’s most powerful weapons, those used to sunder the target planet’s natural satellite during its culling of the resident sentients, had not been recharged/replaced and were not intended for rapid-paced anti-spacecraft combat in any case.
Deploying the stored reserves of Harper and Olsen bio-units(how the Harvester-Awareness prided itself on THAT strategy!) as it had during the culling would take too long, and the Harvester-Awareness lacked suitable aerospace combat craft available for their use to meet the incoming enemy in the void. Were it to be a ground battle, the situation would be different, but the Harvester-Awareness calculated that the upcoming conflict would most likely be decided in space combat.
That left its available drones. The light combatant units were readily available and fully capable of aerospace operations, but as of the last update on Protoculture Addict combat capabilities, wholly inadequate for heavy anti-spacecraft operations. However, they remained the only viable combat option remaining to the Harvester-Awareness; deployment of the stockpiled drones began immediately, even as the Harvester reviewed its increasingly shrinking options.
For 0.07 tis-units, the Harvester-Awareness considered the possibility of using its ‘Sally’ bio-unit interface sub-routine to attempt to confuse the incoming intruders. It readied the communications channels, seeking to discern any communications traffic between the approaching vessels that it could utilize to best effect.
At the same time the Harvester-Awareness began powering up its main propulsion nodes. Full refueling had still not been completed(65% capacity) and it was incapable of sudden start accelerations on the order of those evidenced by its unwelcome visitors, but even a slight degree of mobility was better than holding a static orbital position.
The massive tetrahedral Harvester began slowly to pull itself up out of the gravity well, an expanding formation of drones surrounding it. If the oncoming Protoculture Addicts were organics, that might afford the Harvester a precious few extra tis-units of deployment-space-

The Mark XXXr BOLO-MAGI hybrid A.I.s detected the change in gravitonic profile of the massive structure in low orbit of this analogue dimension’s Earth. The maneuvering suggested possible combat operations. They immediately began extrapolating the most likely tactical scenarios and began preliminary deployment of defensive countermeasures, the process taking 0.25 seconds. Almost as an afterthought, the AIs informed their commanders of these developments, that process taking a whole 1.85 minutes.

Jack Harper looked at the drone he’d just rigged for the ‘Scavs’, unsure of what he felt, anger, pride, or just resignation. Around him in the darkness of the underground warren, he could hear the motley crowd of human survivors murmurring with a mix of their own anger, fear, and hope. So much riding on this scheme....
That was when the angry man known as ‘Sykes’ suddenly pushed up from the surrounding crowd to the ancient Malcolm Beech and whispered something to him. Beech’s white eyebrows rose.
“You’re sure?”
“Three of our surface pickets confirm it.”
Harper looked at the twi men with concern. “Drones? Incoming?”
“”No. Apparently the Tet’s....well, it’s on the move.”
A horrible image blossomed in Jack Harper’s mind; “It’s coming HERE?”
Malcolm Beech took off his dark sunglasses, his revealed eyes registering disbelief. “It’s heading up....it’s breaking orbit.”
Minutes later the two men were uneasily looking out one of the concealed accessways to the refuge, the black-clad soldier and his clan warily scanning the open sky for drones, but also unable to tear their eyes away from the distant triangular shape that was visibly receding in the sky after decades of hanging there like an angel of death.
‘What is that damn thing up to?” Suddenly, the entire suicide drone mission appeared to be in jeopardy if the Tet failed to be cooperative and predictable, and unleashed some new unpredicted horror on the battered Earth and its survivors. The gathered people were unpleasantly surprised by this latest development.
They were even more surprised and uncertain when several minutes later, the sky began to flash with far distant lightnings.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:-Hydrospheric energy production proceeding at 95% efficiency; time to full hydrospheric depletion 378.07 sar-units-Lithospheric resource harvest operations proceeding at 75% efficiency; full resource depletion delayed pending hydrospheric energy harvest completion-Full sentient culling at 99.9999% -Priority assigned to anomalous behavior of Tech 49 and pre-Harvest human spacecraft survivor remanent-
The Harvester-Awareness was so focused on the problem developing with Tech 49 that it actually took 0.049 tis-units for the tertiary sensor monitoring subroutine’s alert to register.
780.727 eyar-units in this space/time frame had detected no presence of other spacefaring intelligence; pre-Harvest target survey had evaluated and categorized all target lifeform space hardware and graded none as above level-viii threat level. The sudden detection of advanced FTL-capable mobile structures in the relative immediate vicinity of the target planet therefore came as an unwelcome shock to the Harvester-Awareness.
The massive mobile constructs appearing, ironically, at the same Fold-point the Harvester-Awareness itself had utilized near this system’s sixth planet, rated an immediate level-iv threat. Their sudden acceleration curve as they sped away from the Fold-point upgraded the threat rating to level-iii.
The next reliable scan reading automatically placed the threat rating at level-i.
Protoculture!
The Protoculture Addicts were here!
The Harvester-Awareness immediately began evaluating its options, certain that the approaching vessels would soon, if they had not already, detect the Harvester’s presence in orbit of this system’s lifeworld, and would discern its nature and intent. Though a splinter of the primary Awareness and having only sporadic contact with the main network to transfer its accumulated energy harvest, the Havester-Awareness was updated often enough to be aware of the capabilities of the Protoculture Addicts. Combat would be inevitable.
The Harvester-Awareness’s most powerful weapons, those used to sunder the target planet’s natural satellite during its culling of the resident sentients, had not been recharged/replaced and were not intended for rapid-paced anti-spacecraft combat in any case.
Deploying the stored reserves of Harper and Olsen bio-units(how the Harvester-Awareness prided itself on THAT strategy!) as it had during the culling would take too long, and the Harvester-Awareness lacked suitable aerospace combat craft available for their use to meet the incoming enemy in the void. Were it to be a ground battle, the situation would be different, but the Harvester-Awareness calculated that the upcoming conflict would most likely be decided in space combat.
That left its available drones. The light combatant units were readily available and fully capable of aerospace operations, but as of the last update on Protoculture Addict combat capabilities, wholly inadequate for heavy anti-spacecraft operations. However, they remained the only viable combat option remaining to the Harvester-Awareness; deployment of the stockpiled drones began immediately, even as the Harvester reviewed its increasingly shrinking options.
For 0.07 tis-units, the Harvester-Awareness considered the possibility of using its ‘Sally’ bio-unit interface sub-routine to attempt to confuse the incoming intruders. It readied the communications channels, seeking to discern any communications traffic between the approaching vessels that it could utilize to best effect.
At the same time the Harvester-Awareness began powering up its main propulsion nodes. Full refueling had still not been completed(65% capacity) and it was incapable of sudden start accelerations on the order of those evidenced by its unwelcome visitors, but even a slight degree of mobility was better than holding a static orbital position.
The massive tetrahedral Harvester began slowly to pull itself up out of the gravity well, an expanding formation of drones surrounding it. If the oncoming Protoculture Addicts were organics, that might afford the Harvester a precious few extra tis-units of deployment-space-

The Mark XXXr BOLO-MAGI hybrid A.I.s detected the change in gravitonic profile of the massive structure in low orbit of this analogue dimension’s Earth. The maneuvering suggested possible combat operations. They immediately began extrapolating the most likely tactical scenarios and began preliminary deployment of defensive countermeasures, the process taking 0.25 seconds. Almost as an afterthought, the AIs informed their commanders of these developments, that process taking a whole 1.85 minutes.

Jack Harper looked at the drone he’d just rigged for the ‘Scavs’, unsure of what he felt, anger, pride, or just resignation. Around him in the darkness of the underground warren, he could hear the motley crowd of human survivors murmurring with a mix of their own anger, fear, and hope. So much riding on this scheme....
That was when the angry man known as ‘Sykes’ suddenly pushed up from the surrounding crowd to the ancient Malcolm Beech and whispered something to him. Beech’s white eyebrows rose.
“You’re sure?”
“Three of our surface pickets confirm it.”
Harper looked at the twi men with concern. “Drones? Incoming?”
“”No. Apparently the Tet’s....well, it’s on the move.”
A horrible image blossomed in Jack Harper’s mind; “It’s coming HERE?”
Malcolm Beech took off his dark sunglasses, his revealed eyes registering disbelief. “It’s heading up....it’s breaking orbit.”
Minutes later the two men were uneasily looking out one of the concealed accessways to the refuge, the black-clad soldier and his clan warily scanning the open sky for drones, but also unable to tear their eyes away from the distant triangular shape that was visibly receding in the sky after decades of hanging there like an angel of death.
‘What is that damn thing up to?” Suddenly, the entire suicide drone mission appeared to be in jeopardy if the Tet failed to be cooperative and predictable, and unleashed some new unpredicted horror on the battered Earth and its survivors. The gathered people were unpleasantly surprised by this latest development.
They were even more surprised and uncertain when several minutes later, the sky began to flash with far distant lightnings.....

Cool. Good write up as always.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

The BioSan Lieutenant entered the Misato dorm, he was surprised not to find the usual collection of beer cans. He'd came to see how the new arrivals were adapting while the UEG found them a new home. The Misatos were draped in the living room drinking and talking about cars and men. Periodically, one of the Sisters of Clea Repentant would enter, and bend over to start cleaning. The Lieutenant would cough uncomfortably, and adjust his collar, but the Misatos didn't seem to notice.

After a while, eye twitching the sister left.

As the Lieutenant entered the kitchen he was stunned by the enormous mountain of sandwiches the sisters were producing as they ranted err, chanted to themselves.
taalismn
Priest

Meanwhile.....

Jack Harper(Tech 49) and Malcolm Beech looked at the sky in wonder.
First Harper's flier had quit working, altogether. It had taken several several hours for scout teams to furtively make their way on foot from the Raven Mountain refuge to the closest point they could spy on the Tet operations, but they had reported that the water harvester rigs operating off what had been the American Eastern Seaboard had gone offline and crashed.
Another few hours later and there had been the sonic booms...multiple, and large, and barely visible contrails crossing the horizon.
And now....precipitation from the sky....and something else.
Beech looked at the gelid mass in his hand and the small shape swimming in it, "Seeds?" the old soldier wondered."We're being seeded? Who's invading us now?"

"Initial bioremediation seeding pass completed," the UEsG cruiser's biome officer reported. "We should start seeing first terrestrial growth in forty-eight hours."
'Excellent, that should bolster the reforestation we've seen further inland in the watersheds. But we'll still need to boost the oceanic marine plant life to restabilize the ecosystem."
"And replenish the water to readjust the climate...but we'll need more resource vessels for heavy work."
"We'll go ahead with the Flower of Life seeding for now, And keep scanning for any signs of active technology, particularly Haydonite units, on the surface."
"Will comply."

Spoiler:
(Gotta wonder in Oblivion if the drones went powerless because the Tet was running them on broadcast power or if they got taken down by a massive EMP blast from the Tet going up. In either case that might render the other vehicles available to the Techs powerless)
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:The BioSan Lieutenant entered the Misato dorm, he was surprised not to find the usual collection of beer cans. He'd came to see how the new arrivals were adapting while the UEG found them a new home. The Misatos were draped in the living room drinking and talking about cars and men. Periodically, one of the Sisters of Clea Repentant would enter, and bend over to start cleaning. The Lieutenant would cough uncomfortably, and adjust his collar, but the Misatos didn't seem to notice.

After a while, eye twitching the sister left.

As the Lieutenant entered the kitchen he was stunned by the enormous mountain of sandwiches the sisters were producing as they ranted err, chanted to themselves.

taalismn wrote:Meanwhile.....

Jack Harper(Tech 49) and Malcolm Beech looked at the sky in wonder.
First Harper's flier had quit working, altogether. It had taken several several hours for scout teams to furtively make their way on foot and notorcycle from the Raven Mountain refuge to the closest pint they could spy in the Tet operations, but they had reported that the water harvester rigs operating off what had been the American Eastern Seaboard had gone offline and crashed.
Another few hours later and there had been the sonic booms...multiple, and large, and barely visible contrails crossing the horizon.
And now....precipitation from the sky....and something else.
Beech looked at the gelid mass in his hand and the small shape swimming in it, "Seeds?" the old soldier wondered."We're being seeded? Who's invading us now?"

"Initial bioremediation seeding pass completed," the UEsG cruiser's biome officer reported. "We should start seeing first terrestrial growth in forty-eight hours."
'Excellent, that should bolster the reforestation we've seen further inland in the watersheds. But we'll still need to boost the oceanic marine plant life to restabilize the ecosystem."
"And replenish the water to readjust the climate...but we'll need more resource vessels for heavy work."
"We'll go ahead with the Flower of Life seeding for now, And keep scanning for any signs of active technology, particularly Haydonite units, on the surface."
"Will comply."

Spoiler:
(Gotta wonder in Oblivion if the drones went powerless because the Tet was running them on broadcast power or if they got taken down by a massive EMP blast from the Tet going up. In either case that might render the other vehicles available to the Techs powerless)

:ok: Another good job.
taalismn
Priest

Edited it a bit; there's no evidence that the Scavs had any usable vehicles...at least none that they dared take out and use when the Tet was still in charge. And if the Tet-clone standard-issue bikes were running on broadcast power, they'd be out. And batteries would last only so long unless the Skytowers had some sort of recharge capability(as well as the ability to produce power on their own). I get the impression the Tet was a bit of a control freak.
That raises the issue of the weaponry issued to the clones. The Scavs appeared to be using heavy caliber sniper and anti-material rifles, but the Tet forces either used caseless and very small caliber rail weaponry or some sort of capacitator-fed energy weapons. I didn't see any sort of magazine or ejection port on the rifle the Tom Cruise character(s) were carrying. Some better idea of what they fire might be gleaned from the shot Judy takes; I'd have to look over those scenes again. They'd work without the Tet though; 52 is carrying one at the very end(were they expecting additional drones? Wild animals? Rival survivors? Or just plain paranoid?).
In any event, humans, and more (actual, living) aliens from outer space might not be a welcome presence, no matter how friendly, especially if they just move in and start doing stuff. But then again, the humans seem pretty much bombed back to the scavenger stage at the end.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:Edited it a bit; there's no evidence that the Scavs had any usable vehicles...at least none that they dared take out and use when the Tet was still in charge. And if the Tet-clone standard-issue bikes were running on broadcast power, they'd be out. And batteries would last only so long unless the Skytowers had some sort of recharge capability(as well as the ability to produce power on their own). I get the impression the Tet was a bit of a control freak.
That raises the issue of the weaponry issued to the clones. The Scavs appeared to be using heavy caliber sniper and anti-material rifles, but the Tet forces either used caseless and very small caliber rail weaponry or some sort of capacitator-fed energy weapons. I didn't see any sort of magazine or ejection port on the rifle the Tom Cruise character(s) were carrying. Some better idea of what they fire might be gleaned from the shot Judy takes; I'd have to look over those scenes again. They'd work without the Tet though; 52 is carrying one at the very end(were they expecting additional drones? Wild animals? Rival survivors? Or just plain paranoid?).
In any event, humans, and more (actual, living) aliens from outer space might not be a welcome presence, no matter how friendly, especially if they just move in and start doing stuff. But then again, the humans seem pretty much bombed back to the scavenger stage at the end.

They couldn't stop them whatsoever form setting up shop. But they would quickly realize, that they were friendly.
taalismn
Priest

Looking over 'Oblivion' again, I do see that the clone Harpers' guns DO have a small clip receiver ahead of the trigger guard, but it seems way too small for any sort of protracted firing; so if it IS a projectile weapon, they're either very small rounds with very high velocity, or it could be an artifact of whatever real weapon the prop guns were built around.
But yeah, there's no change the Scavs could put up...no, wait, they were using drone fuel cells as bombs, and there's now plenty of drones laying around, provided the fuel cells didn't all shatter on impact(that incidentally puts the kibosh on my broadcast power theory, unless the 'fuel cells' are in fact broadcast power accumulators/batteries).
Argh!

What would MAJORLY freak them, though, is if the Invid came down first to tend to the Flowers.
Or, alternatively, if this was a altverse where the Invid were aggressively fighting the Haydonites, rather than keep running away, and the Tirolians either didn't exist or Zor never got to send his fortress to Earth(more likely the former). If the former, the Invid MIGHT not have the big hate-on for Humans that they did canon-wise, courtesy of their bad experience with the Tirolians and Zentraedi.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Sorry to interrupt. Well, while I'm not into role-play gaming, Palladium has done a very good job of expanding RT-verse & obviously creating the expansive, exhaustive Rifts-verse.

Sufficed to note, I am beginning to delve into Rifts-verse & gladly found that itself a hallmark of Palladium's brand on science fantasy genre.

When someone suggested the Robotech-Rifts crossover, well, I myself thought that both universes are totally & radically different with Rifts went the sci-fantasy route, and RT itself a hardcore sci-fi trope.

But a fan by the name of Chris Meadows changes all that perception with his Robotech / Rifts crossover fanfiction. A fan whose contributions included the Robotech RPG: Third Invid War fansite, The GARLAND, HARGUN, and MODAT Southern Cross Cyclone RPG page (hosted by Dave Dietrich), contributing writer on unOfficial RT Reference Guide & RT Research.

When I read his fanfic on Rifts / RT crossover, but getting a GMU full choked with REF troops & an Invid Hive went MIA to only ended up to Rifts' Earth.

Surely & strangely enough .... it worked. So guys, continue with what you're doing, and enjoy enriching your RPG-gaming adventures (and misadventures).

Here is the link to ROBOTECH / RIFTS CROSSOVER, done by Chris Meadows:
http://www.eyrie.net/ETC/RT/rt.rifts
taalismn
Priest

Thanks, Protoculture. We acknowledge those early forays into xover and explode them. I've seen Rifts-Ranma1/2-Lodoss Wars-Star Wars xovers as well with Admiral Thrawn running the REEF and taking over the Coalition States, and there's Stan Bundy's massive magnum opus xover-operas. There's also been several NBSG/Robotech xovers, which have floundered(which is a pity; 'Humanity's Survivors' was REALLY getting good when the writer apparently lost interest) and the author Cyclone has made several forays into StarGate and Mass Effect blends with Robotech...We're 'xover-lite' here, but I'm sure you'll find crossovers more sane writers wouldn't dare consider... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Protoculture wrote:Sorry to interrupt. Well, while I'm not into role-play gaming, Palladium has done a very good job of expanding RT-verse & obviously creating the expansive, exhaustive Rifts-verse.

Sufficed to note, I am beginning to delve into Rifts-verse & gladly found that itself a hallmark of Palladium's brand on science fantasy genre.

When someone suggested the Robotech-Rifts crossover, well, I myself thought that both universes are totally & radically different with Rifts went the sci-fantasy route, and RT itself a hardcore sci-fi trope.

But a fan by the name of Chris Meadows changes all that perception with his Robotech / Rifts crossover fanfiction. A fan whose contributions included the Robotech RPG: Third Invid War fansite, The GARLAND, HARGUN, and MODAT Southern Cross Cyclone RPG page (hosted by Dave Dietrich), contributing writer on unOfficial RT Reference Guide & RT Research.

When I read his fanfic on Rifts / RT crossover, but getting a GMU full choked with REF troops & an Invid Hive went MIA to only ended up to Rifts' Earth.

Surely & strangely enough .... it worked. So guys, continue with what you're doing, and enjoy enriching your RPG-gaming adventures (and misadventures).

Here is the link to ROBOTECH / RIFTS CROSSOVER, done by Chris Meadows:
http://www.eyrie.net/ETC/RT/rt.rifts

Man that bring me back. A nice story that is.

taalismn wrote:Thanks, Protoculture. We acknowledge those early forays into xover and explode them. I've seen Rifts-Ranma1/2-Lodoss Wars-Star Wars xovers as well with Admiral Thrawn running the REEF and taking over the Coalition States, and there's Stan Bundy's massive magnum opus xover-operas. There's also been several NBSG/Robotech xovers, which have floundered(which is a pity; 'Humanity's Survivors' was REALLY getting good when the writer apparently lost interest) and the author Cyclone has made several forays into StarGate and Mass Effect blends with Robotech...We're 'xover-lite' here, but I'm sure you'll find crossovers more sane writers wouldn't dare consider... :D

Ya, I just wish Cyclone would finish his stories. I hate being left hanging. And ya, read most, if not all of them. (Rifts-Ranma1/2-Lodoss Wars-Star Wars xovers as well with Admiral Thrawn running the REEF and taking over the Coalition States) Wish I could find this guy and ask him to finish those other stories of his. Loved that one. He also had a Ranma 1/2 Nightbane crossover that didn't get finish. Though I got them all saved on my hard drive. ;) :D We need more Robotech stories, crossovers also!
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote:[
He also had a Ranma 1/2 Nightbane crossover that didn't get finish. Though I got them all saved on my hard drive. ;) :D We need more Robotech stories, crossovers also!

The one where Ranma's daughter is 'BattleAngel' Alita? Oh yeah, that was fun...especially when they go medieval in the NightPrince's palace. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
He also had a Ranma 1/2 Nightbane crossover that didn't get finish. Though I got them all saved on my hard drive. ;) :D We need more Robotech stories, crossovers also!

The one where Ranma's daughter is 'BattleAngel' Alita? Oh yeah, that was fun...especially when they go medieval in the NightPrince's palace. :twisted:

:lol: Or when his wife gets that hunch to exit the tunnel they are in. Good grieve, he had Babylon 5, Slayers, and Sailor Moon charactors in there also. But he blended them in very will. The funny thing is, he never used any of Ranma's attacks at in his stories.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

Regis: "CORG! Are you not supposed to be guarding the slaves at the Protoculture Farm?"

Corg: "Do not worry mother, I've assigned a guard."

Schultz: "I see nothing–NOTHING!"

Regis: :x :x :x "COOOOORRRGGG!!!" :x :x :x
taalismn
Priest

Alpha 11 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

:lol: Or when his wife gets that hunch to exit the tunnel they are in. Good grieve, he had Babylon 5, Slayers, and Sailor Moon charactors in there also. But he blended them in very will. The funny thing is, he never used any of Ranma's attacks at in his stories.

Hmmmm...can't recall Babylon 5, but I'd assume a Bester cameo?
"Lock and Load, Uncle Ranma."
"She's been hanging around you too much."
"Wouldn't have it any other way."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:Regis: "CORG! Are you not supposed to be guarding the slaves at the Protoculture Farm?"

Corg: "Do not worry mother, I've assigned a guard."

Schultz: "I see nothing–NOTHING!"

Regis: :x :x :x "COOOOORRRGGG!!!" :x :x :x

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good old sergent Schultz.

taalismn wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Hmmmm...can't recall Babylon 5, but I'd assume a Bester cameo?
"Lock and Load, Uncle Ranma."
"She's been hanging around you too much."
"Wouldn't have it any other way."

Yes, him.
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

The portal undulated as the figure and it's hordes streamed though.

Sisters of Cleaning Commander: (Blushing) :love: :love: :love: "Its Slaanesh oh no, she'll tentacle violate all of us!" :love: :love: :love: (Turning to her assembled sisters) "SISTERS! PREPARE FOR HAND TO HAND COMBAT!!!"

The sisters drop their panties and begin selectively unbuttoning their uniforms.

CDU Officer: "Mam, should we be calling in the EVAs?"

Nova: "That won't be necessary. The GMP has been studying the Slaanesh problem for some time."

An APC roars on to the scene and pulls a bootlegger's stop. The rear door opens and out steps Whateley wearing a suit and bow tie, carrying flowers.

Slaanesh: :eek: :eek: :eek: "Eeeeeep!!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Slaanesh turns and runs back through the portal with her hordes fast on her heels.

CDU Officer: "Wow that worked." (Looking around) "Hey where's Whateley?"

Nova: "Looks like he's being chased by those crazy maids."
Alpha 11
Palladin

SRoss wrote:The portal undulated as the figure and it's hordes streamed though.

Sisters of Cleaning Commander: (Blushing) :love: :love: :love: "Its Slaanesh oh no, she'll tentacle violate all of us!" :love: :love: :love: (Turning to her assembled sisters) "SISTERS! PREPARE FOR HAND TO HAND COMBAT!!!"

The sisters drop their panties and begin selectively unbuttoning their uniforms.

CDU Officer: "Mam, should we be calling in the EVAs?"

Nova: "That won't be necessary. The GMP has been studying the Slaanesh problem for some time."

An APC roars on to the scene and pulls a bootlegger's stop. The rear door opens and out steps Whateley wearing a suit and bow tie, carrying flowers.

Slaanesh: :eek: :eek: :eek: "Eeeeeep!!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Slaanesh turns and runs back through the portal with her hordes fast on her heels.

CDU Officer: "Wow that worked." (Looking around) "Hey where's Whateley?"

Nova: "Looks like he's being chased by those crazy maids."

SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

This was the sound effect I was going for. :wink:
taalismn
Priest