TSAW 3.0 ... The REF and Third Robotech War.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

::Seren laughs just a little as *#* bangs on her energy shield, before glancing down towards Camilla's words and wincing very slightly.:: "Never did understand why some got so high on the suffering of others, even at that stage. I certainly never got high on it. Probably why I wound up the way I did after the next form switch."

:She glances to taal, nodding just a little bit and rolling her eyes, laughing very softly at the 'fads of consumerism' bit.:: "With me, I'll admit that I started liking the sounds of places other than New Delhi."

::She gives the bespectacled man a choice dirty look, for his comment.:: "You'll excuse me if I'm glad that I'm no longer under such threat of such puppet-dom. If the foreign policy of the Collective had been anything other than it was at the time, you might not have seen so many Stage 5s defect. As it is, some of us still understand 'duty to the people'. Just not to the same people."

::She blinks towards the nondescript man, raising her eyebrows.:: "Hm? You thought what?"
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

"Funny that Mother-Regis's infatuation with an ultimate evolved form would mean giving up the very cohesiveness that had kept her on top...Would she have pursued it so ardently if she knew that her Children, once they'd achived that ultimate state, might run off in every other direction rather than follow her lead?"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

:::The non descript man records the incoming information with a continued joy to have answers to certain questions.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

::Seren snickers very quietly at taal and shrugs.:: "Well, it was as good a way as any to find out what anyone really thought of the situation, without being unduly influenced. Says a lot in that department, for so many ran off in every other direction, yes?"

::She stretches out just a little, slipping off the remains of her CVR finally, to reveal jeans beneath the t-shirt. She also takes a sip of her soda, glancing around a little to see what the students who've gone so quiet are doing.::
Currently Playing:

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man continues his observation of those present in the class. He stops and rereads his notes up and until the present. He then makes sure he's ready for the next group of incoming notes.:::
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

::Seren peers at the bespectacled one.::

"I don't 'rule' anything. Except my own life. And my life certainly is as far from hell as one can possibly get. I happen to like having excitement and variety in my life. I get that in South America, in ways I never would elsewhere. And even get to protect the lives of others in the process."

::She stretches a bit.:: "Might even get more exciting in the reserves, or so I'm hoping." ::then she smiles very sweetly.:: "Certainly beats anything I ever wound up doing with certain other groups. I can even try to have a social life in my current job. Even if I don't have much of one."
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man waits for new incoming data. He stops and looks at the two talking about sexual inuendos. He smiles and shakes his head and looks back to the head of the classroom. Waiting for more new information.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Dracurian wrote:
::Smirk turns down right mischeivious::
"Social life hey?
Well how about you & I go get a glass of wine & then you can tell me how great I am,"

8-)

OOC: Lando Calrissian moment No 2 :D

OCC: And if she grabs you by the throat and hoists by the neck off your feet, then shakes you hard, you'll be having Lando Calrissian Moment No. 3... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

*Zara looks at the bespectacled men and shakes her head.*You know hitting on female stage 5 is just as dangerous as hitting on a meltran or a Praxian.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man looks over at Zara and says.::: "It's fun for us watching too!" :::This is said with a huge toothy grin and a broad friendly smile.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

::Seren makes a distinctly annoyed face at bespectacled guy.:: "Well, for my life, I'm the one to be defining it, anyway. Not you, not the Regis, not anyone else. Anyone thinking otherwise is cordially directed to tell it to my Alpha's missile launchers, for 'proper' response."

::Her expression gets nastier still at the latter comment. At least until Zara starts making jokes. Then she makes a face.:: "I'm not exactly overly violent. I just don't like having my chain yanked, especially by someone riding on everything I'm trying to make of my life." ::She shrugs slightly.::
Currently Playing:

batlchip
Hero

*Zara raises both eyebrows and looks at the Bespectacled man.*Gee....Looks like you got lucky.I was guessing she would lay the smackdown on ya.*She looks at Seren and points at the metal siren with a grin.*If ya wanna still do that I'm sure the RDF guy will let ya use that to get ya point across.*She chuckles on the hive link Course you might wanna let me evac first.*
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man face flushes some and he turns his attention back to the front of the class and his notes.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Yep...bear in mind that the Invid were run most effectively by a Regis...while it was only relatively recently in human history that females held high command positions...Harken to the lesson well..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man only smiles at the last few comments. He note them mentally.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

::Seren stretches and shrugs very slightly.:: "Luck has nothing to do with it. I just don't want to do something overly bad in the lecture hall. I'll wait till the class is over at very least." ::She grins at Zara then, glancing at the Metal Siren.:: "I'll keep it in mind. I'm a little more partial to equipment I use day to day down south, though." ::She promptly responds to the bit on the hivelink, then.:: (*Yeah, that's another thing. The whole building would have to evacuate.*)

::She glances down at Taal then, laughing very softly. "And notice that conversely, both the major threat groups who caused all the problems, were run as male dominated societies. I thought I'd mentioned something along that line before, myself." ::She laughs just a little bit and winks.:: "Men just go round the bend, regardless."
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man smiles and nods at Seren's observation.::: "That is very true of humans."

HH....FIE
batlchip
Hero

*Zara almost falls out of her chair at Seren's comments on the hive link.She throws back (You're right I might just want to Evac to orbit or at least 20 miles from here.)*You're forgetting the Masters,The Regent and Dolza in that comment about human males.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

::observes the others, pondering the conversation::
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
taalismn
Priest

"Traded matriarchy for a still largely patriarchal society and I STILL can't see any difference...you're ALL nuts..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
batlchip
Hero

*Zara covers her ears then her mouth,and then her eyes.* :lol: :lol:
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
batlchip
Hero

*Zara looks at the others* ::I'm not crazy I'm just not normal that's all::
*The RDF guy walks back in the class sits down and looks at Zara.*You'r sister is ticked at you for wrecking her ride.*Zara shrugs her shoulders.Suddenly a picture of Alfred E. Newman holding up a sign that says"What me worry"suddenly appears on the hive link.*
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
taalismn
Priest

:::Thank you, but I'd rather reserve the Hive Link for more important communiques and not see it jammed up with junk mail, advertizing, and spam, like so much human communications media..:::
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man looks up and shakes his head.::: "I would appreciate if you people...." :::Looking at each invid in turn.::: "would keep the telepathich channels clear of flotsam. It causes headaches if used improperly. Unless that is you all need some lessons on how to use them properly." :::This is said very sternly with a teacher's authority in it.:::

OOC: Sorry I had to do this..... :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"S'right...I try to limit it to tactical communiques, intimate mode, or strategizing during rugby..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

::Seren glances over to Zara and laughs just a little bit, shaking her head.:: "Silly."

::She peers over at taal and shrugs, initially.:: "For my own part, the results of the switchover have been far more noticeable for me. Try going from flying an Urban Enforcer to flying a desk. Switching sides put me back into an exciting job." ::She just smiles and shrugs.::

::She blinks at Camilla then, scratching her head and biting her lip softly.:: (*Um... I try not to be insane, actually. I'm just me. Sorry.*)

::Then she just openly groans at the silly pictures and such coming across it, and glances to the one complaining.:: "Sorry. generally only use it regularly for coordinating actions with the rest of my girls on the mechanized swat team down in Rio. There are enough other Invid defectors there that there's a small section of the disturbing the peace laws covering being too annoying, especially at late hours. Mostly from incidents of certain ones listening to CDs at 5 am, and slipping to where the whole link could hear it at full volume." ::She makes a little face then.::
Currently Playing:

taalismn
Priest

"I know, I was virtually paralyzed once travelling too near a red light district..I didn't know there was a party of some of my fellow expatriates going all out...and suddenly I was part of the party...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
batlchip
Hero

*Zara looks at the complainers and makes a face.*If you all would recall.I'm not the one who but a silly rabbit on the link.So don't tell me how to use the link.Besides,It wasn't me who put that image on the link.*She looks at the RDF guy.*Nope wasn't me Zara.In fact I'm not sure if it was anybody in this room.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man looks towards the light tring not to draw attention to himself. He smiles and looks innocent.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Okay, okay, but since we're on the subject, how much of an advantage did the Hive-Link really give us? Say, versus the adhoc communications networks the Resistance put up? Sure, we had central coordination, but we were as blind to what the humans were saying to each other via their old land lines and even carrier pigeon services as they were to our telepathic messaging...Of course, both sides played hardball with the heavier stuff, what with the Invid going after radio transmitters and the Humans knocking out Link booster towers..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

::Seren shakes her head just a little bit.::

"It really really depended on who and what was being faced, to be honest. When my girls and I use it for small unit tactics, within visual range of each other, it's useful. But all the long range issues, yeah. The towers were always going out all over the place. And tracking radio transmissions wasn't possible till very late in the game. With anything long range, it really wasn't an advantage. Either system worked as well as it could, and neither was flawless."

"Small unit wise, it depended on which particular units were faced. A bunch of little armored scouts aren't exactly tactically creative, nor is the hive brain controlling them. Get a unit of command battloids out however... then the unit tactics against the opposing forces get a lot more intricate. I saw a resistance group using hand signals once to coordinate without getting the radio overheard, but that can be read. The link can't." ::More softly.:: "At least it couldn't until some Pit scientists got prolific about letting just about anyone overhear things on it. ""
Currently Playing:

taalismn
Priest

"I don't think anybody really realized until late in the game that with access to the Link came the ability to understand what was being passed down it...It's been a matter of conjecture whether that was the result of some latent linguistic ability in the human brain decrypting the instinctual Invid mental 'language' or whether part of the Link 'downloaded' a common 'language' into the recieving minds...Frankly all most former experimentees I've spoken to either weay have only gotten gross physical sensations and emotional overtones...like 'loud', 'pain', 'anger', 'eminent danger'...rather than specific thoughts of nay great clarity...like 'watch the one in the blue jacket'....or maybe it's just us thinking in more 'human' terms and passing it through the Link that's mucking the whole thing up..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"Ironic, though....wonder if things might have been different if that faculty had been a part of human makeup from the beginning....If humans had been able to tap the Link from the very start, would conflict have been avoided or would it just be one more front to fight on?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
batlchip
Hero

*Zara and the RDF guy both shake their heads.*There are more stranger ways of getting the link then the pits.Ways that even the Invid would seem impossible.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
taalismn
Priest

batlchip wrote:*Zara and the RDF guy both shake their heads.*There are more stranger ways of getting the link then the pits.Ways that even the Invid would seem impossible.

OCC: A three-night bender in a Tai bar?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man starts writing at a feverish rate on yet another notebook.::: "My race noted a long time ago that various races eventually develope a telepathic abilities. Humanity will eventually develope that ability in it's future and it'll be just as strong as it presently is in the fifth stage invid." ::He gives this little speach as he writing in his notebook.:::

HH....FIE
batlchip
Hero

*Zara and the RDF guy look at each other during the speech and burst out laughing.*Ow my ribbs *Zara tosses a yellow pill to the bespectcaled man.*Try it you'll find it works wonders mate.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

::Seren laughs a little towards taal.:: "Not exactly sure. For the situation I'm in, it's just easier not having to translate back and forth if we're going to be having to talk to someone in English. The only time we need that is when something has to be done in the Brazilian dialect of Portuguese. Since only one of the girls knows it. So a lot of time, we're on the link completely in English."

::She winces just a little at Camilla, and shivers slightly.:: "Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Both in the field, and with the science division wanting to pick over you." ::She winces just a little at the one description.:: "Glad you survived that one particular... interest. You were... probably right to be nervous, considering." ::She shivers softly.::

::Then she peers over at the one with glasses:: "ever bothered to check? I'm wondering if its more a general resistance of losing ones self completely to the hive mind, with the ability to make decisions on one's own, and the idea of being an individual. Rather than being a simple mindless drone."

::She shakes her head very idly at taal then.:: "Somehow... I doubt it would have been avoided. Avoidance of conflict requires more than that. It requires not only full, accurate information, but full ability to accept accurate information as being accurate. Both those conditions being present, in and of itself, might have avoided the conflict. Especially in the particular circumstances."
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descipt man records the latest conversation on the notebook as quickly as it was spoken.:::

HH....FIE
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

(Due to real world class related schedules, i probably won't be able to finish the TSAW class. if somebody wants to substitute, please PM me and i'll provide a guide to what i had planned to cover. sorry guys)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

"Why is our instructor banging his head against the desk again? Is it some human thing?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

OOC::: Don't worry about us GB! You go ahead and study! Class should always come first!

:::The non-descript man continues to record the incoming data.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren winces a little at the look, glancing over to Camilla and nodding just a bit.

"Yikes. Ah..."

She hmms a little bit. "Since plenty of people here have had experience from one side or the other, though, we could probably just analyze things without an instructor."

She glances down at taal and shrugs. "Stress relief, is the reason I usually am told, for it."
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

"I've seen thing from every side and of course my own sided also during this long conflict which spans this area of your galaxy. But I'll not judge who is right or wrong. That is for you younger races to evetually decide." :::He says this while writing more notes down.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man thinks for a second and says.::: "You are right about the strongest making descisions that can effect everyone. But then there are those who could take a stance but don't because their stance could cause reality to unravel."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

"That is the reason a few of us have always violated those rules set about by our government. Some of us have taken that stand. And there are distinctly multiple groups of us. I have taken the stand to help where I can. I've tried to put out the various flames of hate in my travels." :::The non-descript man looks at the bespectacled man with interest in his standings in the universe.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren stretches out in her seat, looking at the two others, shaking her head just slightly. "Egos and more egos."

She peers mostly at the bespectacled man when she says it. "Claiming you're always right is a good sign that you aren't, anyway. Just in need of serious mental evaluation from professionals."
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

The non-descript man looks around and says.::: "I'm sure we didn't have anything to do with their departure. Although we are still discussing topics with merit.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man looks at the bespectacled man and smiles.::: "A friend of mine from the academy told me that when everyone else has left the class it's time for a coffee break. I know this lovely little cafe that is about 180 light years from here that serves the best mocca in this time period. What do you, fellow stragglers think about going there for a cofe mocca. I can get us back here in plenty of time for your next class in" (looks at a pocket watch) "twenty minutes or so." :::He smiles cheerfully in a wide toothy grin.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The non-descript man smiles as the bespectacled man departs. He packs his things and quiet stands up and looks around the classroom. He walks over to the light switch and flips the lights out. Then he departs the classroom, there is followed by a door closing and a worbling sound from the hallway. Silence lies heavily behind.:::

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”