Rathorc's New Mutants

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Re: Rathorc's New Mutants

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Well, Nate, for your questions for the Kudzu, I generally used the info that I had access to (which wasn't much, just Wikipedia). The info that I had, said that it really wasn't that big of a plant. If you want, just put up the Bio-E to about 65 and the size level to about 5.

As to the powers that I made (and aren't in any of the books and Rifters), they're scattered either various entries (like the Vestigial Feathers) or they have entries all to themselves.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Added Note: The Plant Senses can (I think) be found on other parts of the forums. Although, they could be found in one of the Rifters.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Well, Nate, for your questions for the Kudzu, I generally used the info that I had access to (which wasn't much, just Wikipedia). The info that I had, said that it really wasn't that big of a plant. If you want, just put up the Bio-E to about 65 and the size level to about 5.

As to the powers that I made (and aren't in any of the books and Rifters), they're scattered either various entries (like the Vestigial Feathers) or they have entries all to themselves.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,

Right, the plant itself isn't very tall. However it does grow VERY FAST to quickly cover HUGE area's.

If I follow the "make your own mutant" rules that were laid out in TMNT & OS (like I listed earlier), at SL 5 and following your #'s for full human everything, it would wind up with 100 Bio-E. I will admit that there is a strong possibility I have the formula wrong.

Anyone care to weigh in on it? (That's ok that I ask others opinions isn't it? I don't want to offend you by inviting others to comment on your work. I am in no way saying you did poorly)

Rats. I was hoping you'd have them (powers, adv., disadv.) collected in one spot that you could either re-post as a whole or send via email attachment.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, I don't mind. As to the info as an email attachment, I DID have it in one file, but my computer had gotten hacked awile back (and recieved a virus from said hack) so I had to erase my computer and had to get a new windows. In effect, I had lost all my things and I can't send you the collected info right now.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Well, I don't mind. As to the info as an email attachment, I DID have it in one file, but my computer had gotten hacked awile back (and recieved a virus from said hack) so I had to erase my computer and had to get a new windows. In effect, I had lost all my things and I can't send you the collected info

Awhh man that sucks. Sorry to hear about that..

right now.

;) Right now...Gotcha ;)

Nate

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Well, Nate, for your questions for the Kudzu, I generally used the info that I had access to (which wasn't much, just Wikipedia). The info that I had, said that it really wasn't that big of a plant. If you want, just put up the Bio-E to about 65 and the size level to about 5.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,

I googled "what is the average size of a kudzu plant" and found the following result.

Kudzu kills or degrades other plants by smothering them under a solid blanket of leaves, by girdling woody stems and tree trunks, and by breaking branches or uprooting entire trees and shrubs through the sheer force of its weight. Once established, Kudzu plants grow rapidly, extending as much as 60 feet per season at a rate of about one foot per day. This vigorous vine may extend 32-100 feet in length, with stems 1/2 - 4 inches in diameter. Kudzu roots are fleshy, with massive tap roots 7 inches or more in diameter, 6 feet or more in length, and weighing as much as 400 pounds. As many as thirty vines may grow from a single root crown.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/in ... /kudzu.htm

After checking my copy of ATB2 and Rifter 23 and even Mutants in Xanadu (http://www.scribd.com/doc/20864606/Muta ... nd-Edition) I...I am still at a loss to determine the starting size for this amazing plant.

Drats. And here I was all excited when I started writing this post.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Then just use the stats I did up as a jump off point. If you don't really feel comfortable with it, then adjust it up or down as you like. I won't mind.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Then just use the stats I did up as a jump off point. If you don't really feel comfortable with it, then adjust it up or down as you like. I won't mind.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,

Thank you. I appreciate your permission and the politeness of your attitude regarding my thoughts.

I keep thinking about adjusting it..I just can't figure out how lol.

Oh! This just came to me. It could be a young/immature plant, and not yet grown to devastating proportions ?!?!?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Generally, I WAS thinking of a young plant when I created it. Besides, when I made the last post, I only meant about changing it to suit your game better.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

assuming the old rules are similar to the ones in (iirc) rifter 18 for the new game, i doubt they were intended to handle insects or plants.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

glitterboy2098 wrote:assuming the old rules are similar to the ones in (iirc) rifter 18 for the new game, i doubt they were intended to handle insects or plants.

A little context glitterboy? I'm not sure what you're talking about. It could also be that I'm soo very sleepy.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

the rifter gives some guidelines for making new mutant animal species. basically you find the real world average stats, and use that to assign the values from the size charts. Bio-E is determined by comparing their natural size to size level 10, adjusted for various hand/biped/speech, etc natural states.

the way it works out, it really isn't going to work well with plants, which can grow far larger over time than animals do, and don't have the physical form elements used to define the hands/biped/etc info. nor is it well suited to creatures that are smaller than a shrew or mouse. most insects are far smaller than size 1 on the chart so that method wouldn't be able to account for the difference in size of a daddy long legs and a Tarantula, for example. they'd both be size 1, even though their size difference is proportionally equivalent to that of a human and a whale.

since they are guidelines more than rules, you can adjust things, but it takes more work to adjust things when dealing with stuff things other than normal sized animals.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, here's another mutant for you all:

Bird: Sapeornis
Original Animal Characterististics:
Description: The Sapeornis is a species of extinct, primative bird that lived during the Early Cretaceous period (125-120 Million years ago), and it mainly lived throughout what is now China and Asia. Like many other species of Mesozoic Birds, the Sapeornis had its share of Reptilian features but was related more to advanced Birds then to dinosaurs. It was always highly debated about the Sapeornis, whether it's a bird or a dinosaur.
But with the advent of Gene-Tech and the E.G.G.'s, Paleontologists who studied Avian Evolution decided to clone/recreate many Birds (including the Sapeornis) for study in evolution. After massive amounts ofstudies were done, it was found that there was a direct link between Theropodoid Dinosaurs and Avians. After some time, it was then decided that some species of Avians and the Dinosaurs that were recreated were to be changed into weapons of war.
But, just one month after the last study was done, the Crash happened. This then let loose the experiments, that were being developed for both war and for fighting, into the wider world at large. Some of these creatures, after mutating some more, joined up with mercenary groups and into various gangs in order to survive the chaos of the new world.
Size Level: 3
Length: 30 to 33 Cm.
Weight: 20 Lbs.
Build: Medium.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 65.
Attributes Bonuses: +4 P.S., +4 P.P., +1 Spd.

Human Features:
Wings: Unless the character buys Extra Limbs to get a pair of human arms and legs (full), the bat can only get hands on its leathery wings.
Hands:: Automatically Partial, at the end of the wings (applicable even with arms and hands)
5 BIO-E for Full, at the end of the wings (applicable even with arms and hands)
15 BIO-E for Extra Limbs, a set of fully developed arms and hands.
Biped: Automatically Full (for Birds).
Speech: 5 Bio-E for Partial. 10 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Has large, clawed wings (may or may NOT work), a snout filled with small teeth, eyes on the sides of the head, feathers that are brown in colour with dark brown strips on the tail feathers, long body and skinny legs with large, taloned feet.
5 Bio-E for Partial: Has large, clawed wings (may or may NOT work), small snout, large, round eyes, feathered body, thin, bird-like legs and feet. Has a more humanoid shape and form. Can take Talons on the Hands and Feet.
10 Bio-E for Full: Thick, feathered (actually modified feathers) hair on the head, light body hair (also modified feathers) on the body (NONE on the legs), large, sparkling eyes (a yellowish colour), sharp facial features with a sharp nose, powerful upper body, thin human legs, but might still have wings. Has small, pointed teeth.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Teeth.
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Talons (on feet ONLY).
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Claws (on hands).
10 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Talons (on hands).
10 Bio-E for 3D6 damage Talons (on feet ONLY).

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Brute Strength.
5 Bio-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Vision.
5 Bio-E for Glide.
10 Bio-E for Beastly Strength.
10 Bio-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
10 Bio-E for Basic Flight.
10 Bio-E for Advanced Hearing
10 Bio-E for Advanced Smell.
10 Bio-E for Internal Compass.
15 Bio-E for Soaring Flight.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Reptile Brain: Predator.
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Carnivore.
-10 Bio-E for Nearsightedness.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Wings (This just means that the wings are unable to be used for flight, but can still be used for other things, such as to menace enemies).
-20 Bio-E for NO bird tail and wings at all.
-25 Bio-E for no wings but has a Vestigial Tail.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's a new dinosaur for you all:

Dinosaur (Ceratopsian): Koreaceratops
Description: The Koreaceratops is what is known as a sub-species of Protoceratops and is from what is now South Korea. It lived during the Middle Cretaceous, about 103 Million years ago. Fossils of this creature were found in a sandstone block, which was built into part of the Tando Dam, just outside of Hwaseong city. Some Paleontologists suggested that there is the possibility that Koreaceratops was Semi-Aquatic in nature.
With the advent (and mass sales) of Gene-Tech and E.G.G.'a, scientists decided to bring back various prehistoric creatures to quiet their curiousity. One of these creatures that was brought back, by the government of South Korea, was the Koreaceratops. They opened up a facility on a secluded island off the East coast of the country and started to (re)create the various animals from the ancient past that had piqued thier curiousity. Unfortunately, after awhile, the instalation was discovered by North Korea. The island became area that was in somewhat disputed territory.
But when the Crash happened, some of North Korea's military and science community decided that it would be advisable to invade the island in hopes of using it to further their own goals. These goals included the cloning of new bodies for the top members of the military. Unfortunately, when the new bodies came out, it was found that they were, in actual truth, mutated Koreaceratops. The top brass then decided that they could use these newly intelligent creatures to boost the military personnel on the island.
After awhile, as things started to settle down, the island became its own nation. One that had a government that combined ideas of both the Democratic and Communist ways of thinking.
Size Level: 5.
Length: 3 Feet long.
Weight: Up to 50 Lbs.
Build: Short.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 60.
Attributes Bonuses: +2 M.A., +2 M.E., Brute Strength, +1 P.S., +5 P.E.

Human Features:
Hands: 10 Bio-E for Partial: Gains 5 fingers
20 Bio-E for Full: Gains 4 fingers and an opposable thumb.
Biped: 10 Bio-E for Partial. 20 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Small, thick, frilled skull. The frill comes from the base of the skull and extends to about 1/2 way down the neck. The face has a small beak with small eyes set high and spaced far apart on the head, the nostrils are situated pn the top of the beak. The body is massive and round with long rear limbs and front limbs that are shorter by about 1/4, fingers and toes are short and thick, and are covered in tough, horn-covered nails. Has a tail that's half (1/2) as long as the body and has a fin-like projection that runs the length of it. Has pale brown scales over the body with thick, dark brown stripes over most of the bode, dark brown over the legs and arem and rust coloured stripes on the tail.
10 Bio-E for Partial: The skull is bony with small eyes under a heavy brow, and a wide, sharp, bony nose. The body is short, thick and wide with limbs that are a bit longer and muscular then before. Thick, short tail that's half (1/2) as long as before with a small fin-like frojection running along the top. The hands, feet and fingers are fat and stubby, with dense fingernails. Same colouration as before.
20 Bio-E for Full: Small, beady eyes set in a snouted face, short, thick body with limbs that are fairly muscled, although they're a bit shorter then on a normal person. The hands and feet are extremely pudgy with thick nails. Lightly tanned with Brown coloured stripes that look like tattoos.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4+1 damage Hooked Beak.
10 Bio-E for 1D6+1 damage Frill Supported Hooked Beak requires Partial or NO Human Looks).
15 Bio-E for Neak Shield: Acts as a natural helmet that provides the head with an A.R. of 13 and +30 S.D.C.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Advanced Smell.
5 Bio-E for Swimming at 55%.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Hearing.
5 Bio-E for Extra Mental Affinity.
5 Bio-E for Internal Compass.
10 Bio-E for Extra Mental Endurance.
10 Bio-E for Light Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 9, +25 S.D.C.
20 Bio-E for Medium Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 11, +40 S.D.C.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Colour Blindness.
-5 Bio-E for D\iet: Herbivore (this is a Gastrolithic Herbivore).
-5 Bio-E for Nearsightedness.
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.
-10 Bio-E for Reptile Brain: Prey.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Horns (Negates taking Horns from above).

(P.S.: There's plenty of mutants to come. Please look forward to them.)

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Stickified
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Wow. Thanks, but what brought this on?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Also, here's a new mutant for you all:

Dinosaur (Ceratopsian): Archaeoceratops
Description: The Archaeoceratops is a early species of Ceratopsian that lived during the Early Cretaceous period and lived in what is now the Northern part of Central China. It is believed that the Archaeoceratops is considered to be a member of what now is called "Basel Ceratopsian". It is different from the larger forms of Ceratopsians due to the fact that it's more suited to a Bipedal stance when walking. Even though it's related (and is the ancestor) to the other Ceratopsian species, like Triceratops, it looked and behaved more like an Ornithopod, like the Iguanodons.
The Archaeoceratops is one of the many ancient species to brought back in order to be studied in hopes of seeing if the Ceratopsians and Ornithopods were related in some way. But when the Crash happened and animals started to mutate, the Archaeoceratops joind up with other Ceratopsian species to form small villages. They assumed the job of scavenging and picking fruits, vegitables and berries that are close to the ground (where the larger mutants couldn't get at without injury).
Size Level: 3.
Length: 2 to 3 Feet long (about 1 Metre).
Weight: Up to 10 Lbs.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 65.
Attributes Bonuses: Brute Strength, +1 P.S., +3 P.E., +2 I.Q.

Human Features:
Biped: Automatically Full.
Looks: None: Small, thick, frilled skull. The skin/scales cover the head and is held VERY close o the skull, giving it an almost "death-like" quality. The frill comes from the base of the skull and extends to about 1/4 way down the neck (protecting the back of the head). The face has a small beak with large eyes set high and spaced far apart on the head, the nostrils are situated on the top of the beak. The body is massive and round with long rear limbs and front limbs that are shorter by about 1/4, fingers and toes are short and thick, and are covered in tough, horn-covered nails. Has a tail that's half (1/2) as long as the body and has a Shark's fin-like projection that runs the length of it. Is a golden brown colour.
10 Bio-E for Partial: The skull is bony with small eyes under a heavy brow, and a wide, sharp, bony nose. The body is short, thick and wide with limbs that are a bit longer and muscular then before. Thick, short tail that's half (1/2) as long as before with a small bump-like projection running along the top. The hands, feet and fingers are fat and stubby, with dense fingernails. Same colouration as before.
20 Bio-E for Full: Small, beady eyes set in a snouted face, short, thick body with limbs that are fairly muscled, although they're a bit shorter then on a normal person. The hands and feet are extremely pudgy with thick nails. Lightly tanned. The skin is held close to the skull.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Hooked Beak.
10 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Frill Supported Hooked Beak requires Partial or NO Human Looks).
15 Bio-E for Neak Shield: Acts as a natural helmet that provides the head with an A.R. of 8 and +10 S.D.C.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Swimming at 55%.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Wow. Thanks, but what brought this on?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
I requested he sticky it. After all, the other threads along this line were already stickied.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Thanks again. I'm just surprised is all.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Congratulations Rathorc!

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Are you taking requests or suggestions? These are just things I found interesting, not demands or anything.

Carcharadon Megalodon (I've been watching Jaws)

Wooly Rhinoceros?

a Grasshopper?

Could you do your version of a Coniferous (pine) Tree? Whoever did the existing one is mistaken in thinking that pineapples come from pine trees.

Maybe a general rule for Deciduous Tree's
http://www.uah.edu/admin/Fac/grounds/DECTREES.htm
(I'm thinking Weeping Willows, Sequoia's, or any other tree with an interesting feature/fruit/nut/scent/etc.) [seeing as how they lose their leaves during the fall/winter would they automatically get the winter torpor/hibernation disadvantage (imo). My thoughts are that the severity would depend on temperature. If you can stay where it's warm you don't suffer the effects].

Bison latifrons; also known as the Giant Bison
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/mesozoicm ... ifrons.htm

Eucladoceros
This prehistoric deer had a distinctive set of antlers
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/mesozoicm ... oceros.htm

Irish Elk (Megaloceros)
This prehistoric deer had dinosaur-sized antlers
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/mesozoicm ... oceros.htm

Or take your pick and go crazy... http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/mesozoicm ... eriods.htm

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, I DO take requests (although I'\m not doing plants again due to the fact that it's problematic). I've got a whole list of creatures planned (including the Eucladoceros, which I had already planned on doing anyway). I'll see what I can do for some of your requests.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unliomited.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Ah nice. The first few (megalodon, w. rhino, tree(s)) I would consider a slight request. Everything else is merely a suggestion. Sort of like, "Hey this looks neat. how about it?"

After our discussion of Kudzu I can understand how plants would be problematic. Is there someone competent that you could pass that one on to maybe??

Thanks for taking the time to look the list over. I had a lot of free time on my hands yesterday.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, one person who might be able to do the Pine Tree is a fellow named DuckFoot.
Also, here's a new mutant for you great people:

Dinosaur (Ceratopsian): Styracosaurus
Description: The Styracosaurus is a species of dinosaur that's related to the Triceratops. It lived during the Late Cretaceous (from 83 to 70 Million years ago) and lived in the woodlands of what is now North America. It was a large, but squat, Ceratopsian. It lived in large herd or groups. There is a rather large debate going on as to why the Styracosaurus had such a large head/neck shield. There are 3 suggestions/ideas that people are runniong with: 1) It's used to attract mates (I.E.: guys trying to get the girls), 2) as a way to protect the back of the head and the neck (less chance of getting killed for food), and 3) to help get rid of the body heat (like the floppy ears of an Elephant or the sail back of Dimetredon or the Spinosaurus).
With the advent of Gene-tech and the E.G.G.'s, many scientists started to study live animals from tha past (either the recent or the ancient past). They found that some of the creatures were more susceptable to certain things. One of these creatures was the Styracosaurus, and the only thing that was "augmented" was to make the animals more docile. Once the scientists made sure that the changes would stick, they started to sell the animals to be used as farm animals to plow the fields. in the Southern and warmer climates of the world.
But, then the Crash happened and everything went down the drain. As various animals were mutating and humanity thinned out, the Styracosaurus broke out of their enclosures, while mutating themselves, and started to form large herds that roamed the plains and light forests. After awhile, the herds settled down and formed small villages and small farming enclaves, although some did join other communities as either farm hands or to help with building.
Size Level: 20.
Length: 18 Feet long (5.5 Metres).
Weight: 3 Tons.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 0.
Attributes Bonuses: +2 M.A., +2 M.E., Beastly Strength, +1 P.S., +5 P.E.

Human Features:
Biped: 10 Bio-E for Partial. 20 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Huge, thick, skull with a tall head/neck frill. The frill extends from the base of the skull up and out and is three times the length of the skull. The face has a short beak with small eyes set high on the head and spaced far apart. The nostrils are situated on top of the beak, the body is massive and round with a thick, powerful neck (to be able hold up the head and massive frill), huge, muscular, but short limbs. The fingers and toes are short and thick and end in tough, horn covered nails. The tail is half (1/2) the length of the body.
10 Bio-E for Partial: The skull is bony with small eyes that are placed under a heavy brow and face more forward then before, a wide, albeit smaller then before, snout and a sharp, bony nose and may or may not have a large horn. The body is short, wide and thickly built with proportional limbs, a thick, short tail that is three quarters (3/4) the length it was before, and the hands, feet and fingers are stubby and fat with dense fingernails.
20 Bio-E for Full: Beady eyes set in a snouted face, a large, tall head, short, thick and powerful body and limbs, the hands and feet are extremely pudgy with thick fingernails.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Hooked Beak.
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Nose Horn.
10 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Frill supported Hooked Beak (requires Human Looks: None or Partial).
10 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Nose Horn.
15 Bio-E for 2D6+2 damage Frill Horns.
15 Bio-E for 2D6+3 damage Nose Horn (requires Human Looks: None or Partial).
15 Bio-E for 3D6+2 damage Horn Projections and Neck Shield: Acts as a natural helmet that provides the head with an A.R.: 18 and +50 S.D.C.

Mutant Animal Powers:
10 Bio-E for Crushing Strength.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Horns (Negates taking Horns from above).

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Interesting Styracosaur. In some respects similar to duckfoot's, while at the same time being an original.

Thumbs up

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, here's a list of mutants that I AM planning on doing (although this list is NOT counting the ones that I'm currently working on):

Elginia (Early Reptile).
Archelon (Tortoise, Ocean-Going).
Placochelys (Reptile, Placodont).
Shonisaurus (Reptile, Marine) (49 ft/50 m).
Eurhinosaurus (Reptile, Marine).
Hovasaurus (Reptile, Early Diapsids).
Planocephalosaurus (Reptile, Early Diapsids).
Platecarpus (Reptile, Lizard).
Hyperodapedon (Reptile, Lizard).
Desmatosuchus (Ruling Reptiles, Early).
Baryonyx (Reptile, Dinosaur).
Proceratosaurus (Reptile, Large Carnivorous Dinosaur).
Homalocephale (Reptile, Pachycephalosaur).
Tenontosauirus (Reptile, Hypsilophodont).
Tsintaosaurus (Reptile, Duck-Billed Dinosaur).
Kentrosaurus (Reptile, Armoured Dinosaur).
Moschops (Reptile, Mammal-Like).
Titanosuchus (Reptile, Mammal-Like).
Kannemeyeria (Reptile, Mammal-Like).
Cynognathus (Reptile, Mammal-Like).
Procoptodon (Marsupial).
Hapalops (Sloth).
Eomanis (Anteater).
Planetetherium (Insectivore).
Hemicyon (Bear?).
Chapalmania (Bear).
Percocruta (Hyena).
Desmostylus (?).
Prorastomus (Sea Cow).
Protocetus (Whale, Ancient).
Prosqualodon (Whale, Ancient Toothed).
Eurhinodelphis (Whale, Ancient Toothed).
Trogosus (Rodent).
Phiomia (Elephant, Ancient).
Astrapotherium (Hoofed mammal).
Trigonostylops (Mammal, Hoofed).
Pyrotherium (Mammal, Hoofed).
Protypotherium (Mammal, Hoofed).
Thomashuxleya (Mammal, Hoofed).
Rhynchippus (Mammal, Hoofed).
Homalodotherium (Mammal, Hoofed).
Adinotherium (Mammal, Hoofed).
Anchitherium (Horse, Ancient).
Hipparion (Horse, Ancient).
Hippidion (Horse, Ancient).
Merychippus (Horse, Ancient).
Moropus (Chalicothere).
Hyrachyus (Rhinoceros, Ancient).
Hyracodon (Rhinoceros, Ancient).
Metamynodon (Rhinoceros, Ancient).
Teleoceras (Rhinoceros, Ancient).
Coelodonta (Rhinoceros, Ancient).
Diacodexis (Pig, Ancient).
Archaeotherium (Entelodont).
Dinohyus (Entelodont).
Platygonus (Peccaries).
Metridiochoerus (Pig. Ancient).
Protoceras (Horned, Early or Ancient).
Syndyoceras (Horned, Early or Ancient).
Titanotylopus (Camels, Ancient).
Camelops (Camel, Ancient).
Procamelus (Camel, Ancient).
Protylopus (Camel, Ancient).
Aepycamelus (Camel, Ancient).
Eucladoceros (Deer, Ancient).
Telicomys (Rodent, Ancient).

As a side note, I may consider doing some more Trilobite and Hominoid species.;

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Some of these are already posted, but it will be interesting to see your interpretation. Quite a project you have set out for yourself.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Woohoo! Stickified!!

8]
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, here's another mutant for you good people:

Amphibian: Diadectes
Description: The Diadectes is a species of Reptile-like Amphibian that lived during the Early Permian Period, from 290 to 272 Million years ago, and in what will become the shorelines of North America. It was one of the very first Herbivourous animals that was also fully Terrestrial at the same time. It was one of the bulkiest creatures alive and, even though it was an Amphibian, it had Reptile-like features.
With the advent of Gene-tech and the E.G.G.'s, which would allow many species to make a comeback and allow scientists who studied Amphibians to set up an area in the Luisiana Buyou, on a number of islands, to study the Diadectes and other ancient Amphibians. The Diadectes soon became one of the most well studied ancient animal species to be recreated.
But then, the Crash happened and the world spun into chaos. Although, for some strange reason, the area where the scientists were studying the ancient Amphibians was largely un affected by the happenings in the outside world, with the exception of losing communications to other communities. After a time, as the scientists in the area were starting to realise that something wasn't quiet right, due to both the lack of communications and the lack of supplies. They then started to find that the animals in the area, including the specimens that were being studied, were changing and mutating into new and unusual forms.
Some of the scientists that were at the Paleontological labratories decided that they would make a break for the outside world to see what was going on. The ones who stayed behind found that, for some reason, they had caught a microbe that was slowly killing them. The microbe had escaped from the one of the other evolutionary labs. One that had studied ancient microbes. Unfortunately, this microbe proved deadly to humans.
So, before they died, the scientists that remained at the labs decided to start teaching the newly sentient creatures all that they knew, in hopes of making it so that they wouldn't mess up like mankind did. The Diadectes became the main muscles and front line soldiers for the complex. While the other, newly mutated, creatures started to assume various rolls in order for the relative peace that they know to keep on going.
Size Level: 14.
Length: 10 Ft (3 M) Long.
Weight: 200 Lbs.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 15.
Attributes Bonuses: Brute Strength, +3 P.S., +4 P.E., -3 I.Q., -5 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: 5 Bio-E for Partial. 10 Bio-E for Full.
Biped: 10 Bio-E for Partial. 15 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Has a large body, short, thick limbs, long, thick tail that's 3/4 the length of the body and a large, thick head with a wide snout and beady eyes that are the sides of the headon a thick, muscled neck. Has thick fingers and toes.
5 Bio-E for Partial: Body is longer, thicker and more humanoid in appearance, neck isshorter and thinner although its still muscular, limbs are longer and thicker, head is smaller with a small, blunt snout and beady eyes that are more forward facing then before. Has a small, blunt tail. Fingers and toes are thick and short.
10 Bio-E for Full: Has a large head with a blunt face, thick, wide body, wide, thickly powerful limbs and short, stubby fingers and toes.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Claws.
5 Bio-E for 1D6 damage Teeth.

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets adavanced Vision.
5 Bio-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
5 Bio-E for Nightvision.
5 Bio-E for Light Natural Body Armour: A.R.:7, +15 S.D.C.
10 Bio-E for Hold Breath.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Webbed Hands and Feet.
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Herbivore.

(Editors Note: I'm going to TRY to do up stats for various ancient and early amphibians and reptile, since they haven't really been done.)

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

and another one, before I go to bed:

Amphibian: Platyhystrix
Description: The Platyhystrix is a species of early Amphibian that lived during the late Carboniferous and Early Permian periods (about 300 Million Years ago) in what is now Texas. Even though it was an Amphibian, the Platyhystrix primarily lived on land during most of its life. It was most closely related to the Ancient Amphibian Cacops, even if it looked like the Ancient Reptile Dimetrodon.
With the advent of extensive Gene-Tech and the use of E.G.G.'s, the Plathystrix is one of the species, along with the Triadobatrachus, the Gerrothorax, the Diadectes and others, that were recreated in a large portion of the Luisiana Boyou , which housed an extensive labratory complex.
When the Crash happened and the the ancient microbes escaped from the one of the other labs in the complex, the scientists started to teach the newly mutating/mutated creatures everything they would need in order for culture and civilisation to keep on progressing even if humanity died out. The Platyhystritx then assumed the roles of what would become "Swamp Ranger", since they patroled the edges of a 100 mile range of swampland and boyous.
Size Level: 7.
Length: 3 Ft, 3Inches (1 Metre) Long.
Weight: 25 Lbs.
Build: Long.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 45.
Attributes Bonuses: +3 P.S., Brute Strength, +3 P.E., -2 I.Q., -2 Spd.

Human Features:
Biped: 5 Bio-E for Partial. 10 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Has a long, scale-less body, a wide neck, a small, wide head with beady eyes that are on top of the head, a short, blunt snout, short legs the jut out to the sides of the body, a short tail that's about 1/2 the length of the body, and a large fan-like sail coming from the body.
5 Bio-E for Partial: Has a more humanoid build and body frame. Body is a bit thicker and longer, the limbs are longer and more powerfully built, head is smaller with a short, blunt snout, tail is smaller (almost a stub) by three quarters (3/4). May or may not have a fan-like sail on the back, but if there is, then it would be smaller by half (1/2).
10 Bio-E for Full: Has a large, wide head with eyes that are forward facing, even if they're more to the sides, small ears, a short, squat build with short arms and legs. Has a spine that sticks out from the back by 2-3 Millimetres. Has NO body hair, whatsoever.

Natural Weapons:

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Advanced Vision.
5 Bio-E for Nightvision.
5 Bio-E for Advanced Touch.
5 Bio-E for Basic Swimming: At 60%.
10 Bio-E for Temerature Regulation Sail: The character character has a resistance to adverse climatic effects, granting a resistance to hyperthermia and heat related illness. It also grants a +10% to Intimidation.
10 Bio-E for Master Swimming (Special): Equal to the Swimming: Advanced skill and can survive depths of up to 300 Feet without any special diving gear.
10 Bio-E for Hold Breath (twice as long as usual).
15 Bio-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
15 Bio-E for Extra Physical Endurance.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail (Negates taking the Temperature Regulation Sail from above).
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Carniivore.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Took a look at your list...very ambitious. But ambition is good; it motivates you. Keeps you sharp. Keeps you in the game and on the ball.
Personally, I'm planning on taking over the universe in 2012, using methods so stealthy and cunning, nobody will be able to tell when I assume total control. :twisted:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Thanks, Taalismn. NOW how're you planning on taking over the planet?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Some forum fodder for you creative geniuses out there.

http://news.yahoo.com/walking-catfish-d ... 29198.html

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

I'll see what I can do, Nate.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:I'll see what I can do, Nate.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,

Oh no no no. I wasn't making a request. Just sharing sources of inspiration. You already do tons of work.

Merry Christmas Rathorc,

Nate

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's the latest creation for all of you good folks:
Amphibian: Gerrothorax
Description: The Gerrothorax is a species of extinct, ancient Amphibian that lived during the Late Ttiassic period (about 210 million years ago). It lived in an area that consisted of swamps in whart is now Greenland, Germany, Sweden and possibly Thailand. There have been fossil finds of the Gerrothorax that shows that it retained the gills, that it had when it was first developing, as an adult. The species remained the way it was for 35 Million years (making it an example of what would be called an Evolutionary Stasis), and always needing to live in an aquatic environment, it could live in a large range of types of water (from Fresh Water to Salt Water and everything in between).
With the advent of Gene-Tech and the E.G.G.'s, and as various people started to create their own creature (and recreate old ones). Scientists that were recreating various ancient Amphibian species for study, down in the Luisianna Buyous found that the Gerrotherorax was a species of fast growing and multiplying creatures that, as it soon seemed, had few natural predators.
But then the Crash happened, throwing the world into chaos and unleashing new creatures that were created by the E.G.G.'s onto the world, while changing the creatures of old into new and strange forms. As the Gerrothorax started to mutate alongside the other Amphibians on the compound, the scientists and guards found that the Gerrothoerax were experts at ambushing any possible prey (whether on land or in the water). At which point, the guards that had remained with the scientists decided that they'd pitch in with training some of the newly mutated animals.
So the Gerrothorax were chosen to be trained by the guards, some of which had training in the military (especially in underwater combat for the Navy Seals), in order to protect the growing community of mutant animals and humans who weren't effected..
Size Level: 4.
Length: 3 Ft 3 Inches (1 Metre) Long.
Weight: 5 to 10 Lbs.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 60.
Attributes Bonuses: +3 P.P. and +1 Spd.

Human Features:
Looks: None: Has a long, flat body that looks almost like someone stepped on it. Has short, small legs that go out to the sides with small toes, has webbing between the toes on the hind limbs, a tail that is about 1/3 the length of the body and a large, flat head that looks almost like a football in shape. Has large eyes that rest on top of the head, small nostrils that are on the tip of what would be the snout, and three pairs of gills that look like vines that come out from the back of the head. Has a large, wide mouth that is filled with tiny teeth.
5 Bio-E for Partial: Has a more human-like body. The main trunk of the body is tghicker and lees flat in appearance, limbs are thicker and longer, tail is shorter and is almost a stub. The head is smaller and not as wide (is thinner by 1/2), the eyes are positioned in a more forward-facing position instead of resting on the top of the head, the nostrils have mopved up some, and the mouth is smaller then before.
10 Bio-E for Full: Has a wide, flat body with small, short limbs and thin fingers and toes, a large, wide head that's almost rectengular or football shaped, large, beady eyes, small nostrils and a tiny nose. Has a large, wide mouth with tiny, sharp teeth.

Natural Weapons:

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Aquatic Swimming at 70%.
5 Bio-E for Nightvision.
5 Bio-E for Water Breathing.
10 Bio-E for Hold Breath (one and a half times the normal length of time).
10 Bio-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
10 Bio-E for Brute Strength.
15 Bio-E for Advanced Vision.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Webbed Feet.
-5 Bio-E for Reptile Brain: Prey.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Gills.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Thanks for the Holiday gift. Have a good one and a Happy New Year!!
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

You're welcome, Abtex.
And here's what might be the last mutant for 2012:

Amphibian: Triadobatrachus
Description: The Triadobachuc is an extinct species of Frog-like Amphibians that lived during the Early Triassic (at about 250 Million Years Ago) in the swmps of what will become the Island of Madagascar. It is the oldest known Frog species to science and is a great example of what is called a "Transitional Species". One of the unusual aspects of this creature that sets it apart from more modern frogs is the fact that it has a total of 14 vertabrea in its back bone (compared to the 7 in modern frogs), some of which formed a short tail.
With the coming of gene-tech and the creation of the E.G.G.'s, the Triadobatrachus is one of the creatures that was brought back from the ancient past and studied in the Luisianna Buyous with other ancient, prehistoric amphibians in a large compound. But when the Crash happened and the animals started to mutate, with humanity on the verge of extinction, the scientists that were part of the large compound decided to teach the newly sentien creatures various skills. As time went on, and the last of the scientists that had remained started to die, it was decided by the mutant animals to form thier own community (with other animals) for survival.
The Triadobatrachus species was nominated, by the other species in the area, to become sentinals and watchmen. They used the various trees as sentry towers and "communications arrays" for the community at large due to the fact that they were one of the only mutants that were capable of climbing anything.
Size Level: 1.
Length: 4 Inches (10 Cm) Long.
Weight: About 4 Ounces.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 75.
Attributes Bonuses: +3 P.P. and +3 Spd.

Human Features:
Looks: None: Has huge, bulbous eyes on top of a huge head that's bisected by a large mouth, a short neck that's not obvious, a long body with spindly front limbs, long rear legs that are made for jumping and large, wide feet with webbing between the fingers and toes. Has slimy, olive green or brown skin.
5 Bio-E for Partial: A barrel-chested body, with leaf green coloured skin, a long, smooth and hairless body, a large, round (yet almost bullet-like) head, no neck, bulging eyes, wide mouth with no lips, a roundish body that's longer then before with long thin arms and legs that have an swimmer musclature to them.
10 Bio-E for Full: A pudgy, tall humanoid, soft, smooth skin that has an olice or leaf green tinge to it, muscular upper legs (almost bulging, although it has a swimmer-type musculature), thin lower legs, large, but wide, feet, a short, thick neck, a weak chin, a wide mouth with thin lips, a flat, wide nose, large eyes that bulge slightly, tiny ears, barrel chest and is completely hairless. Has only three fingers and toes, all of which are webbed.

Natural Weapons:

Mutant Animal Powers:
Automatically gets Advanced Vision.
5 Bio-E for Leaping: Standard.
5 Bio-E for Nightvision.
10 Bio-E for Master Swimming (Special): Equal to the Swimming: Advanced skill and can survive depths of up to 150 feet without any special diving gear.
10 Bio-E for Hold Breath (one and a half times as long as normal).
10 Bio-E for Leaping: Rodent.
15 Bio-E for Extra Physical Prowess.
15 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Insectivore.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail: Has a Tadpole-like tail that constantly gets in the way.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Last edited by Rathorc Lemenger on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Personally, I'm planning on taking over the universe in 2012, using methods so stealthy and cunning, nobody will be able to tell when I assume total control. :twisted:

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Thanks, Taalismn. NOW how're you planning on taking over the planet?

I think I missed the great event. Must have sleep late or something.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Same here, I think.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Well, folks, I've got some new mutants done that I'm going to be posting. Here's the first:

Dinosaur (Iguanodon): Ouranosaurus
Description: The Ouranosaurus is a unusual species of Iguanodon dinosaur that lived during the Early Cretaceous Period (from about 115 to 100 million years ago), in the plains of what will become North Africa. This Iguanadont was different from other Iguandontoids. in the way that it had rows of spines jutting from the spinal column and may have supported a sail like Spinosaurus or Dimetrodon. Although, some Paleontologists think that it did NOT have a sail at all, but had a flattened hump (like Camels of today). It was originally found in 1965.
There is much debate on what the extensions were for (sail or a hump) and WHY (Temerature Regulation or to scare off predatora by making them look bigger). Although, if it was a flat hump, like a Camel, it may have served a similar purpose.
With the advent of Gene-tech and the E.G.G.'s, many scientists started to recreate/clone animals from the ancient past in order to be able to study the various animals from different era's and epochs. The Ouranosaurus was known to be one of the more unusual creatues, so it was decided that they should be recreated for both study and for public display. So it was decided by some African governments to create three (3) "Preserves" of sorts for ancient creatures. One (1) preserve was for the scientists to study the creatures in more "natural" settings (even though the areas were fenced in). One (1) preserve was for the public to go on Safari's (allowing the people to take piuctures of them). While one (1) final preserve was for people to go hunting various creatures in (this preserve was devided into two (2) sections, one (1) for hunting Herbivores and one (1), which was more dangerous, for hunting Carnivores).
When the Crash happend, and the various animals of the world started to mutate and escape from various enclosures, the Ouranosaurus being one of the dinosaurs that escaped while mutating. Some of the Ouranosaurus formed herds or groups of nomads with other herbivorous creatures for mutual protection. After awhile, some groups of Ouranosaurus settled down with other mutant Dinosaurs that lived in Africa to form the few comunities and started to farm various fruits and vegitables, for both food and for medicine.
Size Level: 20.
Length: 23 to 27 Feet long.
Weight: 4 Tons.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Attributes Bonuses: +4 M.A., +3 M.E., +4 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Partial: Has 5 fingers with the pinky digit being opposable.
5 Bio-E for Full: Has 4 fully functional fingers and an opposable thumb.
Biped: Automatically Full: Has a full bipedal stance, but is a functional quadruped. At high speed, the animal runs on two (2) legs but can walk on all fours (4's) while browsing.
Speech: 5 Bio-E for Partial. 10 Bio-E for Full: The character can speak with an incredibly deep voice but can pass for a nnormal, if extremely bass-sounding, human.
Looks: None: Has a large head with a duck-like bill and a small bump on the forehead between the eyes. The eyes are widely spaced, positioned more on the sides of the head, and the nostrils are long and thin.The neck is long and extends to the barrel-chested torso, which has a large, sail-like projection running down the length of it and along the tail. The tail is as long as the body. The arms are short, while the hind legs are long and powerful; well suited for running.
10 Bio-E for Partial: Has a long face with a Duck-like bill and long, large nostrils. The bump on the forehead from before has vanished. Short arms on an otherwise massive body with a sail-like projection running down it (Half (1/2) the size it was before). The legs are large and thickely muscled, and the tail is thick and is as long as the arms. The eyes are more forward facing then before.
20 Bio-E for Full: The nose is large and flat. The eyes are widely spaced apart, the mouth is wide with many tightly packed teeth. The lower body and legs are well muscled, while the shoulders and arms are delicate in contrast. Has NO tail and the spine, even though there is no "sail" still projects out a few millimeters.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Horned Beak.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Extra Mental Endurance.
5 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed (able to run long distances).
5 Bio-E for Hold Breath.
10 Bio-E for Internal Compass.
10 Bio-E for Padded Feet (See the description under Elephant in After the Bomb, Pg. 106).
10 Bio-E for Temperature Regulation Sail: The character has a resistance to adverse climatic effects, granting a resistance to Hyperthermia and heat related illness. It also grants a +10% to Intimidation.
10 Bio-E for Water Storage (Special): Can survive for 2 1/2 days per each Gallon (3.8 Litres) of water drunk. 12 Gallons maximum can be drunk within 14 minutes.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Diet: Herbivore (this is Fermentation Herbivory).
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Dorsal Sail (negates the Temperature Regulation Sail from above).
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.
-10 Bio-E for Webbed Hands and Feet (negates the Padded Feet above).

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Last edited by Rathorc Lemenger on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Here's number two:
Dinosaur (Prosauropod): Jingshanosaurus
Description: The Jingshanosaurus is a species of Prosauropod Dinosaur that lived during the Early Jurassic Period (about 190 million years ago) in the woodlands and forests of what is now China (the fossils were found in Yunnan Province) and Asia. The Jingshanosaurus is one of the very last Prosauropods, dying out in favor of the more larger Sauropods (like Brontosaurus and others). Some scientists believe that it may closely related to another Prosauropod Dinosaur called Yunnanosaurus (a few even think that the species might be juvenile members of the Yunnanosaurus species).
With the advent of Gene-tech and the creation of the E.G.G.'s, The Chinese government needed to find various ways to keep people entertained and to feed them (since there was alot of food shortages going on throughout the country). After some debate amongst various scientists and politicians, it was brought up that they could bring back (recreate) various ancient, prehistoric animals and hit two (2) birds with one (1) stone. So, after some research, it was found that the Prosauropods, Sauropods and Mammoths would be created for food and (in some cases) for entertainment purposes. So, when it was decided on what creatures would be created, the Chinese government (and other governments throughout Asia) started to search for where the perfect place would be for them to start building the farms and zoo's.
But during the process of getting a breeding population of Jingshanosaurus (amongst other prehistoric creatures) up and running, the beginning of the Crash happened. This caused the already hatched (and adolescent) and newly hatched to start to mutate along with other animals. After some time, the mutated animals started to gather into clans and tribes. Some found various enclaves of information and technology, which they started to put to their own uses (such as increasing both populations and gaining more humanoid features).
Size Level: 23.
Length: 30 Feet long.
Weight: 1-2 Tons.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Attributes Bonuses: Brute Strength, +6 P.S., -4 I.Q.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Partial: Is only able to grasp, due to its basic fingers, giving it limited movement.
5 Bio-E for Full: Develops fully functional fingers and thumbs.
Biped: Automatically Full: Has a fully bipedal stance.
Looks: None: The character has a small, pointed head with a mix of peg-shaped and pointed teeth on top of a neck that's about 2/3's (two-thirds) the length of the body. The nostrils are located on the tip of the snout with the sides on either side of the head. The body is large and barrel shaped. Huge, muscular rear legs, ending in large claws, that are made for running and support the body while the front limbs/arms are muscular and used for grasping and has large, sharp claws on three (3) fingers. Has a long, thin tail that's as long as the body and a quater (1/4) the length of the neck combined trailing behind.
10 Bio-E for Partial: Widely spaced eyes with nostril holes on the end of the snout. Long, thick neck that's 1/2 (half) the length it was before, a huge, round body and has a long, thin tail that's 1/2 (half) the length it was before (which is about 1/2 the length of the main body). The legs and arms are short (the legs more then the arms) and muscular with the legs ending in stubby toes and the arms ending in blunt fingers with sharp claws.
20 Bio-E for Full: Has a small, round head atop a long, muscular neck (3/4's the length it was with NO Human Looks). The teeth are broad, yet pointed, widely spaced eyes, a large, pointed nose and a wide mouth. Extremely thick and muscular arms and legs with thick fingers and nails.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Claws.
10 Bio-E for 2D4 damage Claws.
15 Bio-E for 4D4 damage Whip Tail (Gains an extra Melee attack per Round, this is a long tail that tapers into a whip shape that strikes at a high speed).

Mutant Animal Powers:
10 Bio-E for Advanced Taste.
10 Bio-E for Light Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 9, +30 S.D.C.
10 Bio-E for Padded Feet (See the description under the Elephant in After The Bomb, Pg 106).
10 Bio-E for Low-Frequency Wave Detection (See the description under Elephant in After The Bomb, Pg 106).
20 Bio-E fore Medium Natural Body Armour: A.R.: 11, +45 S.D.C.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail (Negates taking the Whip Tail).
-5 Bio-E for Diet: Herbivore (this is a Gastrolithic Herbivore that uses stones to help with digestion).
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Trunk.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Mutant Number 3:

Dinosaur (Sauropod): Sauroposeidon
Description: The Sauroposeidon is a species of Sauropod Dinosaur that lived during the Early Cretaceous period (110 Million years ago) in the woodlands of what is now Oklahoma, Wyoming and Texas. It is considered to be the last known giant Dinosaur on the continent and was originally misclassified (due to its age and unusual size) as pieces of petrified wood. Some studies indicates of the possibility that Sauroposeidon lived on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, in a river delta which was similar to the Mississippi Delta of today. It is possible that Juvenile Sauroposeidons were preyed upon by the Acrocanthosaurus and Deinonychus, even due to the fact that there were probably no predators that could attempt to attack a full grown adult Sauroposeidon.
With the advent of Gene-Tech and the creation of the E.G.G.'s, scientists started to recreate/clone some species of ancient creatures for the possibility of food production (similar to what one would do to Cattle and other livestock). At which point, it was decided that the Sauroposeidon would become one of many food sources and farms were started to be built and maintained for the new creatures.
But then the Crash happened and humanity started to die off and the animals (both new and old) started to mutate due to the virus. As various animals were changing, and chaos was running rampant, the Sauroposeidons managed to make thier escape into the wilds, where they roamed for two (2) generations before it was decided that they would settle down on the East and West coasts of the Americas. This was mainly due to the factthat they were the only ranges that could support them. The various colonies managed to communicate (and expand) with the other new villages, towns and cities of this new and strang world.
Size Level: 30.
Length: 112 Feet long (34 Metres).
Weight: 60 Tons.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Attributes Bonuses: Beastly Strength, +14 P.S., -4 I.Q.

Human Features:
Looks: None: The character has an extremely small, wedge-shaped head with peg-like teeth atop a neck that's as long as the body. The nostrils are on top of the head, above the eyes, in a crest-like mound. The body is large and barrel-shaped. Huge, column-like legs support the body and a long, thin tail, that's as long as the body and neck combined, trails behind the body.
10 Bio-E for Partial: Widely spaced eyes with nostril slits between them. A long, thin neck, huge round body and has a long, thin tail that's as long as the length of the body. The arms and legs are short, thick and end in stubby fingers and toes (although one finger or the thumb will have a large claw-like nnail on it).
20 Bio-E for Full: A small, round head atop a long, muscular neck. Widely spaced eyes, a large, high nose with a wide mouth. The teeth are broad and rounded. A barrel-chested body with powerful lungs. Extremely thick arms and legs that are largely muscled and have thick fingers and toes.

Natural Weapons:
10 Bio-E for 2D4 damage thumb Claw on each hand.
15 Bio-E for Extra Limb: 4D4 damage Whip Tail (use as an extra attack per melee round, this is a long tail that tapersinto a whip-like shape that strikes at supersonic speeds).

Mutant Animal Powers:
10 Bio-E for Extra Limb: Prehensile Trunk (see the description under Elephant in After the Bomb, Pg. 106).
10 Bio-E for Padded Feet (See the description under the Elephant in After The Bomb, Pg 106).
10 Bio-E for Low-Frequency Wave Detection (See the description under Elephant in After The Bomb, Pg 106).

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Diet: Herbivore (this is a Gastrolithic Herbivore that uses stones to help with digestion).
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Mutant number 4:

Dinosaur (Sauropod): Spinophorosaurus
Description: The Spinophorosaurus is an early species of Sauropod dinosaur and lived during the Middle to Late Jurassic Period (175-160 million years ago) in the woodlands of what would become the Niger area of Africa. Most species of Sauropods would basically be defenseless (which would be reserved for later Sauropod members, like the Titanosaurs, during the later Cretaceous Period), with the only species being exempt of this being the Spinophorosaurus with the four (4) Stegosaur-like tail spikes. The Spinophorosaurus is one of the few Sauropods that are from Africa.
With the advent of Gene-tech and the invention of the E.G.G.'s, some Paleontologists that were from the various countries in Africa decided to recreate this creature for both study and to mass produce for some Safari's. But when the Crash happened and the humans started to die off while the animals started to change. As the animals mutated, they started to come across some lost tribes of humans, and some of the tribes started to befriend these new beings with "animal spirits".
As time went on, and the Spinophorosaurus mutated even more, it was decided that the members of the tribes of humans that had survived would join up with the mutant Spinophorosaurus and form a new culture of mutual protection and survival.
Size Level: 23.
Length: 50 Feet long.
Weight: 10 Tons.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Attributes Bonuses: Beastly Strength, +11 P.S., -4 I.Q.

Human Features:
Hands:15 Bio-E for Partial: Has 5 fingers.
25 Bio-E for Full: Has 4 fingers and an opposable thumb.
Biped: 10 Bio-E for Partial. 15 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: The character has an extremely small, wedge-shaped head with peg-like teeth atop a neck as long as the body. The nostrils are on top of the head, between the eyes. The body is large and barrel-shaped. Huge column-like legs support the body and a long, thin tail that is as long as the body and 1/3 the neck combined trails behind and may or may not have four (4) tail spike on the end like a Stegosaur.
10 Bio-E for Partial: Widely spaced eyes with nostil slits placed between them. A long, thick nech, a huge, round body, and has a thin tail that is half (1/2) as long as before (may or may not have four tail spikes on the end). The arms and legs are short, thick and end in stubby fingers and toes.
20 Bio-E for Full: A small, round headatop a long, muscular neck. Widely spaced eyes, a large, high nose with a wide mouth. The teeth are broad and rounded. A barrel-chested body with powerful lungs. Extremely thick arms and legs with thick fingers and toes.

Natural Weapons:
10 Bio-E for 2D4 damage Thumb Claw.
10 Bio-E for Extra Limb: 2D6+2 damage Spike Tail (gains an extra Melee attack per Round, plus the spikes are on the end of a long, whip-like tail).
15 Bio-E for Extra Limb: 5D6 damage Spike Tail (gains an extra Melee attack per Round, plus the spikes are on the end of a long, whip-like tail).

Mutant Animal Powers:
10 Bio-E for Extra Limb: Prehensile Trunk (see the description under Elephant in After the Bomb, Pg. 106).

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Prey Eyes.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Mutant number 5:

Dinosaur (Pterosauroid): Dsungaripterus
Description: The Dsungaripterus is a species of Pterosaur that lived deuring the Early Cretaceous (130 million years ago) on the seashores of what will become Modern Asia and China. Out of all the Pterosaur species, the Dsungaripterus has one of the most unusual adaptations of any: a beak that turns upwards at the tip and a skull crest that runs from the base of the skull to about halfway down the beak. Paleontologists think that that the strange head crest and upturned beak was used for catching fish and to pry Shell Fish from the undersides of rocks.
With the advent of Gene-tech and the invention of the E.G.G.'s and scientists started to recreate the Dsungaripterus (along with other cretures from the ancient past). They started to use the animals to help them with fishing and in getting various Shell Fish (such as Oysters and Clams) for the population that lived on the worlds oceans.
But then the Crash happend, killing off a large percentage of Humanity and causing the animals to mutate. As the members of the Dsungaripterus species started to mutate, they moved into some of the towns and cities that were around the Pacific ocean and started creating a type of industry that used the various (non-intelligent) oceanic animals as food and created other things from them (I.E.: fish hooks, oil statues and other byproducts).
Length: 5 Feet long; Has a wingspan of 9.8 Feet (3 Metres) across.
Weight: 30 Lbs.
Build: Meedium.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 55.
Attributes Bonuses: +1 M.A. and +1 P.E.

Human Features:
Wings: Unless the character buys Extra Limbs to get a pair of human arms and legs (full), the Dsungaripterus can only get hands on its leathery wings.
Hands:: 5 Bio-E for Partial, at the end of the wings (applicable even with arms and hands)
10 Bio-E for Full, at the end of the wings (applicable even with arms and hands)
20 Bio-E for Extra Limbs, a set of fully developed arms and hands.
Biped: Automatically Partial. 5 Bio-E for Full.
Looks: None: Extremely long and narrow head with a beak that curves upwards (with the lower jaw protruding out from the upper) and a crest that ran from the base of the skull to halfway along the beak. Tiny teeth line the beak. A sinuous neck and a short, narrow body. The arms are extremely long, while the legs are thin and short with clawed feet. Has a stubby tail protruding from the base of the spine.
10 Bio-E for Partial: Narrow, pointed head with a long beak with a long, short (in height) ridge running up the length of it to the top of the head. Long neck with long, muscular arms, short legs and tiny hands and feet. The body is long and narrow but with well defined chest muscles.
20 Bio-E for Full: Thin face with a noticeably pointed skell and chin, with a ridge-like projection running the length of the head. The neck is long and thin, attached to a muscular chest and shoulders. The arms are longer then a normal human's and are tight and sinewy. The legs are are short and scrawny, ending in little feet. The hands are small, almost childlike.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Bird Talons (on the feet ONLY).
10 Bio-E for 2D4 damage Toothed Beak.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Extra Physical Endurance.
5 Bio-E for Glide.
10 Bio-E for Leaping: Standard.
10 Bio-E for Basic Flight.
15 Bio-E for Flight: Soaring: This power manifests itself as a cranial crest. Not available to characters with Full Human Looks.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-5 Bio-E for Vestigial Crest (negates taking the Soaring Flight ability from above).
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Carnivore (is mainly a fish eater).
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Wings: Wings do NOT work.
-15 Bio-E for NO Wings.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Mutant number 6:

Dinosaur (Theropod): Alvarezsaurus
Description: The Alvarezsaurus is a species of Theropod dinosaur (and has been classiified as its own family called the Alvarezsaurid) that lived during the Late Cretaceous period (86-83 Million years ago) and lived in the woodlands of what wouild become South America (althiough, it could have lived in what would be modern Argentina). The Alvarezsaurus is on e of least known Theropod dinosaurs, even less known then it's closest relatioves the Shuvuuia and the Mononvkus.
With the advent of Gene-Tech and the invention of the E.G.G.'s, it was decided that the Alvarezsaurus would be one of the creatures that would brought back to life in order to study its behavior and to see how it acted and moved in life. So some scientists and government officials decided that it would be a good idea to create a park/preserve that is similar to MesozoicLand. Although MesozoicLand was on an island, the South American preserve was an almalgamation of various habitats, from desert to forest habitats.
But when the Crash happened, the members of the Alvarezsaurus escaped from the labs and their enclosures in the ensueing chaos and managed to get into the more thickly forested regions of South and Central America. While there, The mutating Dinosaurs encountered a lost city of the Maya that was hidden by the thick canopy of the jungle and was fully inhabited by it's people. While there, the mutants became an intrgal part of the city, helping to protect it from various outside threats.
Length: 6.5 Feet (2 Metres) long.
Weight: 45 Lbs (20 Kg).

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 55.
Attributes Bonuses: +2 I.Q., +1 M.E., +1 M.A., -4 PP., +7 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically None: Has only one digit.
5 Bio-E for Partial: Develops two fingers, can only grasp objects.
10 Bio-E for Full: Develops two fingers and a thumb.
Looks: None: A narrow head with a long jaw on top of a sinuous neck. The eyes are large and the ears are small, looking almost like small buttons on the head. The upper body is trim while the lower body is wide, with widely spaced legs. The arms are short and thin, ending in a single clawed finger, while the legs are long and thick with muscle. Has a long, stiff tail, that is the length of the body and neck combined, and the whole body is covered with feathers (with the exeption of the snout and a large portion of the legs), Has large feathers on the top of the head and has some running down half the length of the tail.
10 Bio-E for Partial: Has a more rounded head with small eyes, and a flat, narrow nose. The body is skinny with the arms being longer then before and long, thickly musceled legs. Has a stiff tail that's about 3/4's the length of the body. The body is lightly covered in small feathers with a patch of large feathers on the head.
20 Bio-E for Full: A round head with a long chin, large eyes and a flat, thin nose on top of a long, thin neck. Has a skinny body with long, powerful legs and wide hips. Has arms that are 3/4 the loengh of a normal human and has only one finger that is short and thick. Has small feathers on top of the head that replaces any hair.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Running Claws on the feet.
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Bird of Prey Talon (may gain more Talons as the number of fingers increase) on the hands.
10 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Serrated Teeth.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Night Vision.
5 Bio-E for Righting Reflex.
10 Bio-E for Predator Burst.
10 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed (Runner).
10 Bio-E for Stiffened Tail: +6 to Dodge while running, +1 to Strike, +1 to Parry, +4 to Dodge while in Hand-to-Hand combat.
15 Bio-E for Leaping: Feline.
20 Bio-E for Light Natural Armour: A.R.: 9, +25 S.D.C.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail (negates taking the Stiffened Tail from above).
-10 Bio-E for Nocturnal.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Ouranosaurus was an iguanodont, not a hadrosaur. hadrosaur's were members of the superfamily Hadrosauroidea, while Ouranosaurus formed it's own family. they're related (both part of the clade Hadrosauriformes), but Ouranosaurus and the other iguanodont's represent a more basal form than the hadrosaur's.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

And the final mutant that I've done:

Dinosaur (Theropod): Caudipteryx
Description: The Caudipteryx is a small, bird-like Theropod Dinosaur that lived during the Early Cretaceous (130 to 120 million years ago) along the lakes and rivers of what would become Asia. Even though the Caudipteryx is a dinosaur, it has surprisingly bird-like qualities, such as feathers, a short, beaked head and bird-like feet. Although it's unable to fly, the Caudipteryx is considered to be an intermediate species that bridge the gap between Land-Bound Dinosaurs and Birds, as such, it has qualities of both.
With the advent of Gene-Tech and the invention known as the E.G.G., it was decided by scientist who studied birds that the Caudipteryx would be brought back from extinction for study in an enclosed area. After a time, when a large amount of the studies were completed, some of the specimens were taken to zoos while others were let loose out in the wilds, far from civilisation, to begin breeding and to get a large population started.
But when the Crash happened and civilisation collapsed, the Caudipteryx that were in the zoos (and those that were left in the labs for further study) escaped into the cities and into the wilds of the world. As they were mutating and changing with the rest of the world, some managed to survive in the cities by various means. After a time, some settlements and colonies of these strange creatures started to join up with other mutant animals and started to help out and to grow in size.
Size Level: 3-4.
Length: 3 Feet long.
Weight: 20 Lbs.

Mutant Changes & Costs:
Total Bio-E: 70.
Attributes Bonuses: +2 I.Q., +3 M.A., +1 M.E., +4 P.P. and +7 Spd.

Human Features:
Hands: Automatically Partial: Has three digits per hand, one of which is opposable. 5 Bio-E for Full: Has three fingers and a thumb.
Looks: None: Has a blunt, almost box-like head with a short, blunt beak atop a long, sinous neck. The eyes are large and the ears are small. The upper body is trim and slender while the lower body is wide, with widely-spaced legs and are athletic. The arms are long and thin, having a wing-like appearance to them. The legs are long and thick, being used for running. Has a long, stiff tail that is slightly shorter then the body. The body is covered in short feathers, exept for the tail which has long feathers on it and the arms, while the face, lower legs and fingers which have no feathers on them.
10 Bio-E for Partial: Has a more rounded head, small eyes and a flat, narrow nose. The upper body is skinny with long, skinny arms that are almost wing-like in appearance, a wide lower body with a thick waist and long, thickly muscled legs. Has long thin fingers and and large feet and toes that help in running. Has a long, stiff tail that is about 1/2 the length of the body. Body is covered in small feathers, with large feathers on the arms and tail. Has NO feathers on the stomach, face and lower legs.
20 Bio-E for Full: Has a round head with a long chin, large eyes and a thin, flat nose on top of a long, thin neck. Has a skinny upper body with long, powerful legs and wide hips. The fingers and toes are long and thin. Has small feathers in place of hair.

Natural Weapons:
5 Bio-E for 1D4 damage Beak.
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Running Claws on the feet.
5 Bio-E for 2D6 damage Bird of Prey Talons on the hands.

Mutant Animal Powers:
5 Bio-E for Night Vision.
5 Bio-E for Righting Reflex.
10 Bio-E for Predator Burst.
10 Bio-E for Extraordinary Speed (Runner).
10 Bio-E for Stiffened Tail: +6 to Dodge while running, +1 to Strike, +1 to Parry, +4 to Dodge while in Hand-to-Hand combat.
15 Bio-E for Leaping: Feline.
20 Bio-E for Light Natural Armour: A.R.: 9, +25 S.D.C.

Vestigial Disadvantages:
-10 Bio-E for Diet: Herbivore.
-10 Bio-E for Vestigial Tail (negates taking the Stiffened Tail from above).
-10 Bio-E for Nocturnal.

Creators Note: There's more being done, so I hope that you enjoy these until I've done some more of the others.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”