Do you support the Coalition? Come vote.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Do you support the Coalition?

Yes, I am a human supremecist
16%
No, I kill them evertime I see one
28%
Yes, but only b/c I know they are humans last chace for survival
30%
No, but I don't get in their way
27%

Total votes: 568

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: Do you support the Coalition? Come vote.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Karl Prosek gives every human baby a kiss when they are born, and that make it a better place then that stinking pit called Lazlo
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I love pitting the Coalition .. up against Atlantis .. because I know what happens and is the outcome of he "Scenario" every time ..

MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

Well, I support the CS and I think that they do the right thing.
1) The Earth is the home of humans
2) Demons, monsters, demonworshippers and false gods have no right to be here.
3) I like to spite you all. Hence I vote for 1.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The majorty of the CS,s people are Devoted to protection and preservation humankind.
They have killed off,big dangers to Humans in NA.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Dunia wrote:2) Demons, monsters, demonworshippers and false gods have no right to be here.

How do you know Earth dieties .. are the "REAL" Gods ? :P
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

And still more people support the CS then oppose it.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Ravenwing wrote:And still more people support the CS then oppose it.

not really. there are two yes options and two no options.

the two no options have more combined votes.
Ravenwing
Hero

Shark_Force wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:And still more people support the CS then oppose it.

not really. there are two yes options and two no options.

the two no options have more combined votes.

Actually there are two yes options, one no option, and one 'neutral' option. By not opposing, it supports the CS.

Ravenwing
Hero

frogboy wrote:#1 for my only CS character. I get allot of flack over Him because he has no issues with blowing an unarmed D-Bee's head off while it lay's on the ground. The characters alignment is scrupulous . I know that is impossible some say, but look at the men who nuked Japan, or bombed Dresden. Thees men killed thousands and hundreds of thousands and the crew of the Anola Gay dropped a payload that not only killed many, but condemned many more to a slow and painful lingering death. They were not evil diabolic men, but there enemy was dehumanized and the men who fought the Germans and Japanese were conditioned to think of the enemy as nonhuman. I dont look at the CS as evil, they just don't know anything else. I don't even see Proseck as evil, but more a product of the times.

Agreed. The CS isn't evil, it's simple survival of the species. The CS does the best it can to save humanity. Like the Federation from Starship Troopers, or the Imperium in 40K. Yes it's harsh, yes it's unfair. But then Rifts Earth is as well, and they are only raising to the level needed to ensure humanities survival.

Shark_Force
Palladin

Ravenwing wrote:Actually there are two yes options, one no option, and one 'neutral' option. By not opposing, it supports the CS.

actually, there are indeed two 'yes' options - you can tell because they start with 'yes'.
and there are two 'no' options - you can tell because they start with 'no'.

this is much like if i was to ask the question: "does two plus two equal three?" and someone answered "no, but it doesn't equal five either". you appear to think that the person who says two plus two is not five is answering that yes, two plus two does equal three, in spite of the fact that they specifically stated that no, it doesn't equal three.

likewise, "no, but i don't get in their way" does not mean you support them, nor is it neutral. if you have an option to sell a valuable technology to the CS or to tolkeen, but you specifically don't support the CS, guess who's going to get that valuable technology? you don't have to get in their way to oppose them.
Ravenwing
Hero

Shark_Force wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:Actually there are two yes options, one no option, and one 'neutral' option. By not opposing, it supports the CS.

actually, there are indeed two 'yes' options - you can tell because they start with 'yes'.

this is much like if i was to ask the question: "does two plus two equal three?" and someone answered "no, but it doesn't equal five either". you appear to think that the person who says two plus two is not five is answering that yes, two plus two does equal three, in spite of the fact that they specifically stated that no, it doesn't equal three.

likewise, "no, but i don't get in their way" does not mean you support them, nor is it neutral. if you have an option to sell a valuable technology to the CS or to tolkeen, but you specifically don't support the CS, guess who's going to get that valuable technology? you don't have to get in their way to oppose them.

Forgive me but selling technology to a known enemy would be OPPOSING. Opposition is more then simple aggressive.
So as I said, two yes answers, one NO, and one neutral.

Shark_Force
Palladin

Ravenwing wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

Forgive me but selling technology to a known enemy would be OPPOSING. Opposition is more then simple aggressive.
So as I said, two yes answers, one NO, and one neutral.

yes, it would be opposing. and it's completely in line with not getting in the CS's way. that option specifically indicates it does not support the coalition, inasmuch as it explicitly comes out and slaps you in the face with a trout and says "no" to the question "do you support the coalition". i'm not entirely certain how much more clear you want it to be that the option is for people who don't support the coalition.

or did you really expect me to accept your logic of "that would be opposing the coalition, and i have arbitrarily decided that the option which specifically notes that it is in opposition to the coalition is not opposed to the coalition"?
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Ravenwing wrote:
frogboy wrote:#1 for my only CS character. I get allot of flack over Him because he has no issues with blowing an unarmed D-Bee's head off while it lay's on the ground. The characters alignment is scrupulous . I know that is impossible some say, but look at the men who nuked Japan, or bombed Dresden. Thees men killed thousands and hundreds of thousands and the crew of the Anola Gay dropped a payload that not only killed many, but condemned many more to a slow and painful lingering death. They were not evil diabolic men, but there enemy was dehumanized and the men who fought the Germans and Japanese were conditioned to think of the enemy as nonhuman. I dont look at the CS as evil, they just don't know anything else. I don't even see Proseck as evil, but more a product of the times.

Agreed. The CS isn't evil, it's simple survival of the species. The CS does the best it can to save humanity. Like the Federation from Starship Troopers, or the Imperium in 40K. Yes it's harsh, yes it's unfair. But then Rifts Earth is as well, and they are only raising to the level needed to ensure humanities survival.

It's easier to survive if you make allies rather than enemies.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Ravenwing
Hero

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:

:lol: Of course it's also easier when you've destroyed all that oppose you. Less chance of a betrayal that way as well.

Shark_Force
Palladin

frogboy wrote:Sure it is, but would you offer an alliance to cockroaches or lice or any other form of vermin ? I see the average CS citizen thinking of D-Bee's this way. Not out of hatred or malice or anything but just because.

humans essentially offer alliances to all manner of creatures, provided that creature is useful in some way (and in some cases, even if not). dogs? sure. the dog can help you hunt, it can offer added protection, in fact, humans train dogs for quite a few purposes. in exchange, we offer food, shelter, etc. likewise for cats, chickens, cattle, horses, elephants, some types of apes/monkeys, parrots, and assorted creatures that offer nothing more than companionship or decorative purposes such as fish, snakes, turtles, etc.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

K20A2_S wrote:State why you do also, or why you don't.

Barring any mystic influence, It is either the CS, Triax or the Republicans whom will see humans through...
Vrykolas2k
Champion

frogboy wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:

Sure it is, but would you offer an alliance to cockroaches or lice or any other form of vermin ? I see the average CS citizen thinking of D-Bee's this way. Not out of hatred or malice or anything but just because.

Just because they were taught to.
It's this kind of stuff that will see the CS fall.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

The Cs needs to be purged for humanity to be flourish. The tree of liberty is hungry for the blood of tyrants...muwhahahaha.

Just wanted to sound a little scary like alot of the pro-CS people do....but really when has institionalize stupidity ever work?

Cs is a nation of cows that look like humen...and it leadership probably has sold their sould(my guess is to the Dyvaals...) which explain their unlimited resouces.

Down with the CS.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Housepalmer wrote:Yes, the CS is the bastian of Law on in a world of Chaos.

And Oppression.
And Hate.
And Misery.
And Death.
and Killers of Innocent.
Etc.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Ravenwing
Hero

Saitou Hajime wrote:

And Oppression.
And Hate.
And Misery.
And Death.
and Killers of Innocent.
Etc.

Society is not Oppression.
To embrace the inhuman is to lose what makes you human.
To make your enemy suffer is not misery.
Killing your enemy is the only solution.
The mutant, the witch, and the inhuman are not innocent. They are Cockroaches, and must be exterminated.
Etc.

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Ravenwing wrote:
Saitou Hajime wrote:

And Oppression.
And Hate.
And Misery.
And Death.
and Killers of Innocent.
Etc.

Society is not Oppression.
To embrace the inhuman is to lose what makes you human.

Are you telling me if I hug my dog, I'm less of a man?
To make your enemy suffer is not misery.
Killing your enemy is the only solution.
The mutant, the witch, and the inhuman are not innocent. They are Cockroaches, and must be exterminated.
Etc.

Pretty sure the same has been said by the Nazis about the Jewish people, homosexuals, and anyone who didn't fit their profile of a true human. How does is make someone guilty to be born a mutant, or a D-bee? The bold part shows how truly racist this post is. If killing is your only solution than you don't have enough intelligence to think of as proper plan of action. Just goes to show what a foolish outlook that is. I guess that implies that if a person is different enough from us, then they can be discredited based on that fact, that they are different. The way the game is written, the mutants and D-bees are innocents, and the Coalition are the guilty murderers, who should be put down like the retarded dogs that they are.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

When it comes to Alignments for the CS I have to say the majority are indeed EVIL.
Why ?
They are Selfish in Genernal thinking of only themselves (humans).
The are willing to Kill for fun, torture, and kill anything not human. Which shows a lack of respect for Life of Intelligence species. Evil.

I would say the Miscreant (evil) overall as a NATION. Not as Individuals, but as a NATION.
The people of the CS are Self-serving. They seek power, glory, wealth, and anything to make their life more comfortable overall in their goals.
Yes the NATION of the Coalition States of America is Miscreant Evil in design. Diabloic Evil at its worse moments reflected by their leaders greed and goals.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Ahhhh, the eternal debate rages on! Here's my half credit on it...

The Coalition. The enemy all free thinkers love to hate! But are they truly the last hope for humanity? In a way, yes they are. They hold human life above any other and ruthlessly strive to preserve every last little screaming human baby. They vehemently oppose all things alien and inhuman because this is our world! Earth is the home of humankind, and it should be humankind that stands up to protect it!
And yet in the very words above, we see the reason the CS can be so hated. They hold HUMAN life above any other. if you aren't human, you are to be destroyed! They oppose ALL things ALIEN and INHUMAN... even to the point of killing that which seeks to do no harm to humanity as a whole.
You want an honest answet to this question? Put yourself in Rifts Earth. You're a human. Your world is populated by aliens and monsters. Some might help you. Some might help you for a price. Many just want you dead. Whose side are you suddenly on?
As for my answer... I support the ideals of the Coalition. The survival of the human race doesn't neccessarily rest on their shoulders, but they go a long way toward it. What I don't support are the methods. The oppression/extermination of everything non-human, just because it isn't human, is inherrently evil.
One of the best arguments I've seen was given by a friend of mine a long time ago. He paraphrased it from a poster he saw and modified it for a Rifts campaign.
"You're out swimming by yourself in a lake one day. You suddenly get a cramp and go under. You start to drown. You are going to die. A hand reaches in to save you. The hand belongs to a [insert D-Bee race here]. Is that a problem?"
Just something to think on. Peace!
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

ultimately even the nonhostile aliens need to by killed or thrown into a rift
this is a numbers game
when you have millions of dbees out breeding the native born people of the United States
plus the numbers of dbees illegally enteing CS teritory through the rifts
eventually they are going to outbreed the human population
thee is only so much space in North America
if humanity wants to survive and regain its territoy it needs to guad its boders from the dbee threat or else one day thee are going to be 10 dbees for every 1 human
and humnanity is suddenly a inority in its own land
so harsh measures need to be taken to prevent that
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

csbioborg wrote:ultimately even the nonhostile aliens need to by killed or thrown into a rift
this is a numbers game
when you have millions of dbees out breeding the native born people of the United States
if humanity wants to survive and regain its territoy it needs to guad its boders from the dbee threat or else one day thee are going to be 10 dbees for every 1 human

What is humanity? If it just survival without prinicples and morality than we have to ask the question...Should humanity continue to exist?

Also Humanity is just not the Earth as their home....so how is humanity lost by loosing their foothold on just onbe of those planets?

So...bottom line the CS is fighting a meaningless war that has nothing to do with the grandscale of things...and loosing their humanity to do so...and people think their heroes why?

True many of them are heroic in their actions...but if they just opened their eyes they would see that humanity is one of the strongest species in the megaverse and get over these primitive feels of ownership of just one planet.

The CS at it's best is a bunch of misguided fools...at their worst....they prove they can equal the villiany of the demons...dyvaals...Spulgoth...nauruni...etc. Which just goes and shows that all sentinient species have the same capability for goo and evil...for ignorance and quest for knowledge....for compassion and hate...etc.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

The CS outlook, may have saved them as a community, but it definitely means they have forsaken their humanity.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

frogboy wrote:
johnkretzer wrote:
csbioborg wrote:ultimately even the nonhostile aliens need to by killed or thrown into a rift
this is a numbers game

What is humanity? If it just survival without prinicples and morality than we have to ask the question...Should humanity continue to exist?

Also Humanity is just not the Earth as their home....so how is humanity lost by loosing their foothold on just onbe of those planets?

So...bottom line the CS is fighting a meaningless war that has nothing to do with the grandscale of things...and loosing their humanity to do so...and people think their heroes why?

True many of them are heroic in their actions...but if they just opened their eyes they would see that humanity is one of the strongest species in the megaverse and get over these primitive feels of ownership of just one planet.

The CS at it's best is a bunch of misguided fools...at their worst....they prove they can equal the villiany of the demons...dyvaals...Spulgoth...nauruni...etc. Which just goes and shows that all sentinient species have the same capability for goo and evil...for ignorance and quest for knowledge....for compassion and hate...etc.

I just got Free Quebec and Triax 2 in the mail yesterday. After reading both of them and getting a look from the prospective of two other bastions of Humanity , the impression I got of the CS was that they are stuck kick butt and survive mode. It also makes me wonder if they are going to be able to continue to exist as they do. it seams Triax/NGR's stance will continue to soften towards D-bee's, and that Free Quebec's People wont except decades of war can one day lead to the beginnings of acceptance of Dee-bees. The CS will have to change. They are involved in actions with the Pecos Empire, Federation of Magic, Tolkeen and The Xiticix and considering action against the Vampire Kingdom. Throw all of the monsters and Dee-bee's they will inevitably want to kill and will want to kill them They will just run out of soldiers. Free thinking might not be so easy to control any more and that could lead to a change in how thet do things.

Naw, the CS aren't really designed to be a lasting threat: They are one of those black and white enemies everyone loves to hate because they represent the worst aspects of human nature. The lasting threats are the Alien intelligences with their interstellar empire building agendas, not that anyone really seems to care about them anymore. :lol:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

K20A2_S wrote:
Jorel wrote:The CS outlook, may have saved them as a community, but it definitely means they have forsaken their humanity.

Who let erin tarn in this thread? :lol: :lol:

Seems that Erin can get in the darnedest places huh?
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Ther decent people in the CS,who are loyal to what they believe their country could be.

A big number of them known that if they start a Civil war now it would only help the Xitixics and FofM,they think it,s better to wait enemies can take advantage of it.
That how I see it.
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

Atomic Ray wrote:Perhaps there is an Alien Intelligence pulling the strings and levers behind the curtain of the Coalition puppets?

If the CS ever falls prey to the dreaded YAAI in canon, I will burn all my Rifts books and never touch the game again. :-x
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Mechanurgist wrote:
Atomic Ray wrote:Perhaps there is an Alien Intelligence pulling the strings and levers behind the curtain of the Coalition puppets?

If the CS ever falls prey to the dreaded YAAI in canon, I will burn all my Rifts books and never touch the game again. :-x

I'm with you on that one!!!! That and the AI's are reeeaaaallllly hard to kill.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Shark_Force
Palladin

Mechanurgist wrote:

no worries. even if they do appear to be controlled by an alien intelligence, i'm sure someone will come up with a poorly thought-out plot twist that has absolutely no logic behind it to save them. or possibly the AI will instead simply be crushed under the weight of the CS scrap heap when they spontaneously create ex nihilus a few million more technologically advanced replacements for every piece of equipment their military has ever had and/or has ever considered using. i mean, you gotta do something with those millions of outdated bots, armor, weapons, etc... and pretty much every police officer in the CS already has a SAMAS, and that's not counting the ones they have mothballed (apparently even the CS considers it excessive to have a 2:1 pilot:suit ratio)
johnkretzer
Adventurer

Mechanurgist wrote:

Actualy...I think this is the only possible way that the CS with unlimited supplies makes sense. They are a front for a AI who controls more planets to pull all of these resouces.

Or how do you explain it? I will love to see this.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Desmond created a creature that gives birth to excess technology!
johnkretzer
Adventurer

K20A2_S wrote:The over abundance of ai's throughout the books is overkill imo.......there doesn't always need to be a puppetmaster being everything.......it gets played out...

That I can agree with....massively powered beings are overused in Rifts. But with the CS it sorta makes sense to me.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

With all the interest in the latest CS evil debate, I thought this poll might be relevant.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

I don't agree with their overall philosophy. I agree on being cautious, but I don't like manipulative leaders and sheeple. There are alternative human enclaves on Rifts Earth, but I could see how someone in North America could see them as either humanity's last hope or an empire providing economic stability to the region. So I said I generally stay out of their way (though I'd kill them if they threatened me or innocents (if I was sure these innocents weren't actually demons etc)).
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

The stance most of my characters take was not an option. Which is, (Avoid them if possible, and if they attack a pc of mine, meaning more than question or detain.) They're likely to get whacked.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

i remember one player who's elf just loved the coalition. now that was fun, a racist elf
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:i remember one player who's elf just loved the coalition. now that was fun, a racist elf

That sounds like Terry Pratchett(Discworld) where a sign of social progress is when the local anti-troll gang signs up its first troll member because he likes going around beating up trolls. :lol:

And I always regarded High Elves as just a goose-step away from being racial supremacists themselves.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:i remember one player who's elf just loved the coalition. now that was fun, a racist elf

That sounds like Terry Pratchett(Discworld) where a sign of social progress is when the local anti-troll gang signs up its first troll member because he likes going around beating up trolls. :lol:

And I always regarded High Elves as just a goose-step away from being racial supremacists themselves.

Sadly; 90% of high-elves ARE racist / Elven supremicists ... Only reason they'd like the CS is cuz they'd blow up all the other D-Bees THEN they'd turn around, gank Prossek and his mook-brigade and take over the joint.
AFTER all the humies were put into their place as slaves of course :D
So yeah, at least in ONE case of ONE sub-species, Prossek Senior & Juinior were correct.
Too bad all the other elves were too busy being gunned down by the illiterate semi-eveloved apes brainwashed by Karl & Joesph, to be able to warn the CS who actualy have brains. :nh:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by cyberdon »

In game I absolutely looove them. They're are the coolest villains since Darth Vader and the Empire.

If they were real I'd hate them.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

cyberdon wrote:In game I absolutely looove them. They're are the coolest villains since Darth Vader and the Empire.

If they were real I'd hate them.

:ok:
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Fairly easy way to redirect attention away from other targets of interest.

I'd actually enjoy that plot twist.
Not so much an AI but a lesser D-Bee that thought uniting humanity in their hate was a good way of earning himself an army.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

mickeyknox77 wrote:Occam's razor.

I don't discriminate in my murder of spiders. I don't care which spiders are poisonous and aggressive and which ones are actually beneficial to my well-being (ie: non hostile towards people and eats other pests). I just kill all spiders because they are spiders.

If spiders gained sentience and acted JUST LIKE other humans, I would DEFINITELY consider them the enemy of my race. Humans are barbaric savages who still eat the flesh of animals because it's more cost-effective and delicious than investing in "super foods" and vitamin regimens that would make the body more efficient.

We eat meat, we kill bugs, that's what makes us human.

You mess with human you get dead, and if you don't want to get dead you better kill every last one of us.

We wholesale slaughter other humans for transgressions against us. How many people died on 9/11. How many people died as a result of actions taken since then directly related to retaliation?

Kindness, Forgiveness, and empathy are some people's OPINION on "what makes us human"

my opinion: We overcome. We win at all costs. And our "humanity" is what allows us to rationalize killing EVERYTHING that isn't US in order to protect us.

I would destroy an entire planet to save someone I love. That may make me evil, but it also makes me loyal.

I salute the uniform of Emporer Prosek and keep my opinions to myself, dark unhappy opinions that I use to sour my soul and make me a war fighting machine so that one day my grandchildren's grandchildren might live in a world without aliens and monsters.

Isn't Rifts fun? :)

Clearly we are a scourge on the face of the Earth. It's a wonder we've survived this long.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Alright, put it this way:
For you people who support the CS, if you suddenly got transported to the earth of Rifts, you'd be a D-Bee.
Fact.
If you were seen arriving by any CS citizen, let alone a troop, you'd be hunted down, shaved, tattooed with a number/ bar code, put in a cell and interrogated before being killed.
And, even if no-one saw you arrive from a Rift, you'd be dangerously over-educated, with modern conventions working against you. It's easy to say you're ok with the type of government the CS espouses, until you live in such a regime.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Vrykolas2k wrote:Alright, put it this way:
For you people who support the CS, if you suddenly got transported to the earth of Rifts, you'd be a D-Bee.
Fact.
If you were seen arriving by any CS citizen, let alone a troop, you'd be hunted down, shaved, tattooed with a number/ bar code, put in a cell and interrogated before being killed.
And, even if no-one saw you arrive from a Rift, you'd be dangerously over-educated, with modern conventions working against you. It's easy to say you're ok with the type of government the CS espouses, until you live in such a regime.

I suggest you reread both conversion books because it states different.
Page 40 and page 36 of the original book and page 53 of the the new one.
It's comes down to if you going to take the coalition party line, if you don't , then you are a threat. If you do, then you gain a new friend in a CS monitor and as long as you carry on with the party line, you and your new best friend will live a long life in the CS.

Vrykolas2k
Champion

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Fact.

It's comes down to if you going to take the coalition party line, if you don't , then you are a threat. If you do, then you gain a new friend in a CS monitor and as long as you carry on with the party line, you and your new best friend will live a long life in the CS.

There's also the third paragraph on page 23 of the original, Who is a D-Bee (revised seemed like a waste of money, as it had about half as much stuff in it, so I didn't buy it).
Page 36 backs up my arguement at least as much as it does yours, if not moreso.
So does page 40, actually.
And none of that addresses how willing people would actually be to live under the Prosek regime, coming from a modern non-socialist/ fascist, dactatorial society.
So how about it? You get transported from your living room to the 'Burbs.
What do you think of the CS now?

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Fact.

There's also the third paragraph on page 23 of the original, Who is a D-Bee (revised seemed like a waste of money, as it had about half as much stuff in it, so I didn't buy it).
And none of that addresses how willing people would actually be to live under the Prosek regime, coming from a modern non-socialist/ fascist, dactatorial society.

It come down to if you are willing to follow CS indoctrination or not. Yes the CS might keep you in lockdown and interrogate you 24-7 until they figure out what to do with you.

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Fact.

I think that I wouldn't go telling them that I was from another dimension, and would instead try to blend in.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”