Calling all (self-proclaimed) Masters of Rifts Trivia!!!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Calling all (self-proclaimed) Masters of Rifts Trivia!!!!

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Quick Original Post.

Simple Premise.

Somebody lays a fairly difficult question within the pages of Rifts.
You may go to any of the books directly connected with Rifts Earth and/or the Dimension Books -no Heroes Unimited, no Nightbane, no Splicers, no Dead Reign, etc., etc., etc.
(P.S. "Pantheons of the Megaverse" and any other Rifts™-related Sourcebooks ARE allowed.)

And please, don't ask a question about Stats -please, no questions about how much MDC damage a Wilk's will do on its highest setting -what we're looking for, here, is good old fashioned Nerd k-Nowledge :D about all things Rifts,

Finally, the "winner," who correctly answers the question, gets to create the next one.

PLEASE: NO CHEATING BY LOOKING IN THE BOOKS TO GET YOUR ANSWER; LET'S KEEP IT CLEAN. (OBVIOUSLY, YOU CAN LOOK IN THE BOOKS TO CREATE A QUESTION.)

I'll get the ball rolling.

Which NPC is either an Exception To The Rule or an outright violation of the Rule that says that you can't have more than 6 Magic Tattoos (the character in question apparently still practices magic)??

Name that NPC.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Re: Calling all (self-proclaimed) Masters of Rifts Trivia!!!!

Unread post by Seneca »

Without looking in all the books is it Percival from WB:3? I believe the chiang-ku had alot of tattoos and was a ley line walker too....
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Seneca wrote:Without looking in all the books is it Percival from WB:3? I believe the chiang-ku had alot of tattoos and was a ley line walker too....
Nope....it's not him. :D

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Is it Inkadu or Gilgimesh or rather the 'new' ones?

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Is it Inkadu or Gilgimesh or rather the 'new' ones?
I don't think that any of the Gods are sporting Magic Tattoos.

(And even so, if we do find one of those Gods are "tatted" up, I am forced to say that they aren't the answer that I'm looking for.)

Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

cornholioprime wrote:

(And even so, if we do find one of those Gods are "tatted" up, I am forced to say that they aren't the answer that I'm looking for.)

even so, isn't one of the sons of Quetzalcaotl a stone master T-Man, Nauhilli the Stone Master. I think
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Scrud wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

even so, isn't one of the sons of Quetzalcaotl a stone master T-Man, Nauhilli the Stone Master. I think
Sorry, my friend, but I am pretty sure that the NPC you're talking about -a (disguised) Dragon and the leader of a Vampire Hunting Group IIRC -has EXACTLY 6 Tattoos.

Good guess though.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Sarael wrote:Rifts Africa, Rama Set (or whatever the leader of the Pheonix Empire calls himself).

He's listed as a Necromancer, but isn't given spells known. It's an issue which came up once when we tried to kill him. He had 5 of Osiris' body parts melded to him which made things... difficult.

SARAEL FOR THE WIN!!!!

Pardon me for doing this, Sarael, but it's hard to tell when you might be back, so I'll put forth another question:

Name at least one OCC or RCC that cannot be harmed by Magic, OR Energy, just (non-energetic) Tech and Psionics.
Last edited by cornholioprime on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

cornholioprime wrote:Name at least one OCC or RCC that cannot be harmed by Magic, Psionics, OR Energy.

Can I cheat and say a superhero with inv., invulnerability to magic and invulnerability to psionics? (2 major one minor experiment on rifts earth. You can also have a mutant who has continual mutation and can do the same by lvl...4 I think)
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

What is a Juicer Murder Wraith, Alex?
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

cornholioprime wrote:Pardon me for doing this, Sarael, but it's hard to tell when you might be back, so I'll put forth another question:

Dude, if you wanted to ask all the questions, just say so.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mack wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Pardon me for doing this, Sarael, but it's hard to tell when you might be back, so I'll put forth another question:

Dude, if you wanted to ask all the questions, just say so.
No, I don't.

Did you look at Sarael's Post Count??

It's less than 30 over the course of a year....which puts Sarael at or near Lurker status in my opinion.

That's why I apologized to him in advance in the last Post if he will be back in sooner -it's hard to tell when or if he will be back, and I hope that this Thread provides everybody with a good deal of fun, and keeps rolling.

Sheesh.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Apologies to dark brandon, and anybody else who has looked at the most recent Question (and no, brandon, no HU, even as a Rifts Earth experiment. Sorry), but I worded it wrong, and have fixed the question in that previous Post accordingly. :oops:

The OCC or RCC that I am thinking of is vulnerable to Psionics and non-energetic Tech and Weapons, absolutely invulnerable to Energy and Magic.

Name it.

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

cornholioprime wrote:Apologies to dark brandon, and anybody else who has looked at the most recent Question (and no, brandon, no HU, even as a Rifts Earth experiment. Sorry), but I worded it wrong, and have fixed the question in that previous Post accordingly. :oops:

The OCC or RCC that I am thinking of is vulnerable to Psionics and non-energetic Tech and Weapons, absolutely invulnerable to Energy and Magic.

Name it.

Mage Bane multiclassed to Mystic Knight. You pick the race.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

If you guys think you're the masters of trivia, you'll have your chance to prove it NEXT WEEK :D Check my newest topic in All Things Palladium Books for details :)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Prince Artemis wrote:If you guys think you're the masters of trivia, you'll have your chance to prove it NEXT WEEK :D Check my newest topic in All Things Palladium Books for details :)
Whoa.

Across ALL Palladium Books?!?!?

There's like, only a handful of us who even collect material across multiple Palladium Product lines!!

:eek:

(Nevertheless, I'll take a look-see!!)

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

cornholioprime wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:If you guys think you're the masters of trivia, you'll have your chance to prove it NEXT WEEK :D Check my newest topic in All Things Palladium Books for details :)
Whoa.

Across ALL Palladium Books?!?!?

There's like, only a handful of us who even collect material across multiple Palladium Product lines!!

:eek:

(Nevertheless, I'll take a look-see!!)

Just the Rifts stuff for the first show, then we'll move to the other games in later shows.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Formally asking Moderators to close this Thread.

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

cornholioprime wrote:Formally asking Moderators to close this Thread.

Because i was so totally right?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

cornholioprime wrote:There's like, only a handful of us who even collect material across multiple Palladium Product lines!!

Which boggles my mind -- they're all so useful for one another.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Per Corn's request, I'm locking this topic.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”