CS Missouri and Arkansas

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Elthbert
Hero

Re: CS Missouri and Arkansas

Unread post by Elthbert »

Hagan Lonovich wrote:Is there any more information in them than whats in the early books and the war campaign?

THere is a little bit in Coalition Navy. Regarding naval installations and trade.
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Hagan Lonovich wrote:anything about what parts of missouri or arkansas are built up? cities? any of it still wilderness? I have cs navy but its of little use.

The Juicer Book has Fort Eldorado before it becomes a CS protectorate, as well as some background info on the CS in Arkansas. Aftermath updates it from what I understand.

Juicer Uprising also has info on Kingsdale, an independant city in Missouri and their arguements with Whykin.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

Being from Missouri the lack of information on my home state in Rifts has always been a sore spot for me. In RMB we are given abit about CS lovin' Whykin (near Poplar Bluff) and Kingsdale (smack in the middle of Ozark territory). The name of the major CS fortress city in Missouri, New Chillicothe, and a pre-CWC details of it's military. (ie: Mainly SAMAS patrols).

Juicer Uprising details Kingsdale and gives a few details on Laramy a small town north west of it, and home to the leaders of the Grim Reapers cult. All cool stuff.

Coalition Navy gives details on the main military bases on the Mississippi (which would stick two of them in Whykin territory by the way). Crossing the Mississippi should be a major undertaking in itself. With river predators, pirates and CS patrols causing all sorts of problems.

Coalition War Campaign gives a slight update, but again mainly glosses over the state. Being mainly farmlands and the bread basket of the CS north of the Missouri River. The CS is pupping resources into Missouri to encourage settlement. The northern half of the state is becoming known as a safe haven for humans.

Aftermath gives the same details as CWC re-printed, but adds a slight twist. Some type of alien plague is wiping out the crops in Missouri and causing the local Dead Boys to kidnap mages of every stripe to work out a solution for this ...or else. Also we are given the first major details of the St. Louis Archway containment base.

Merctown has details of how the leaders of that community, located very close to the Missouri border by the way, uses the ley lines to transport goods and travelers to Kingsdale.

Mad Haven gives some examples of entities which it says are also found around St. Louis.

From the books, Missouri should be mainly small farms and towns even in CS controlled areas. The Ozarks could have small mining communities (clusters of Shale Bogles, Obsedia, or surly mining borg's anyone?). Remember that nomadic peoples often travel through southern Missouri. Small groups of Psi-stalkers, Tolkeen refugees, and Native American hunting/raiding parties (and spying parties from Fort Comanche in Kansas) should be common south of the Missouri river. Less so north of the river. Any one foolish enough to approach the ruins of St. Louis should have a number of CS and supernatural run ins.

Hope this helps.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
MikelAmroni
Hero

Hagan Lonovich wrote:Is Whykin ever mapped out? Or detailed

Nope
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Hagan Lonovich wrote:any in the works? or is it up to us to create?

MikelAmroni wrote:
Hagan Lonovich wrote:Is Whykin ever mapped out? Or detailed

Nope

:quiet:
MikelAmroni
Hero

Its up to us to create. However, I would say that an awesome project for some of the creative types out there without a million projects on their plate (who me?) would be a rifter article on Whykin, including a basic map of the city. In general you need to know what the city looks like, and what shops are in what area. Cuidad Juarez is awesome, but its so restricting, because it leaves no room for change without overwriting something (not that I have an issue overwriting, but still).

ImageImage
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Seneca, if you know Missouri pretty well, have you given thought to writing it up for the Rifter?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Well I've gotten over 30 pages written up for Whykin, but I hit writer's block trying to get it finished. Maybe someday.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

Mark Hall wrote:Seneca, if you know Missouri pretty well, have you given thought to writing it up for the Rifter?

Hmmm....

That is a thought...

By the way with the Coalition's control of the Mississippi, acquisition of Arkansas/El Dorado, and Whykin's anti-DBee/magic policies, the CS effectively cuts N. America in two. Other than flight, teleporting along ley lines, or rifts there is no easy way for a group to cross the CS's "Domain of Man".
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Seneca wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Seneca, if you know Missouri pretty well, have you given thought to writing it up for the Rifter?

Hmmm....

That is a thought...

By the way with the Coalition's control of the Mississippi, acquisition of Arkansas/El Dorado, and Whykin's anti-DBee/magic policies, the CS effectively cuts N. America in two. Other than flight, teleporting along ley lines, or rifts there is no easy way for a group to cross the CS's "Domain of Man".

Killer Cyborg can back me up on this. There is a lot of empty space in that "Domain of Man."
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Seneca wrote:

Hmmm....

That is a thought...

Killer Cyborg can back me up on this. There is a lot of empty space in that "Domain of Man."

And the CS territory, for that matter. While I imagine pretty much everyone is touched by CS radar at least once a week, a group going fairly low and slow through the Ozarks can probably pass through unmolested.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

Mark Hall wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Seneca wrote:

Hmmm....

That is a thought...

And the CS territory, for that matter. While I imagine pretty much everyone is touched by CS radar at least once a week, a group going fairly low and slow through the Ozarks can probably pass through unmolested.

Almost assuredly....unless they got real unlucky.

Return to “Rifts®”