What's your "Zombie Plan"?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Try to take out as many as I can while others find a cure
9%
Save as many innocents as I can and try to find a cure
6%
Try to stay alive while I look for help. There may be a lot of them, but zombies are slow
15%
Spend the days killing zombies for fun
5%
Find a way to control the zombies so that I can rule over them
4%
Bunker down in my bomb shelter with my stash of supplies and a shotgun
15%
Listen to the radio. Hold out for rescue
No votes
Take it one day at a time
28%
Why would I have a plan? I unleashed the virus!
4%
Relocate to Alaska, zombies lack the body heat necessary to survive the extreme cold
14%

Total votes: 79

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Re: What's your "Zombie Plan"?

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

Hmm wouldnt say bomb shelter perse however I would build a camp and try to survive with as many people as I could find... so the closest would be bunker down
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

I said "Save as many innocents as I can and try to find a cure." But I like the idea of the bunker too. Either way, I think you'd end up taking it "one day at a time."

As for relocating to Alaska for the cold, I don't think that the zombies need the body heat to survive extreme cold. They would just continue to move hot or cold. Ice and cold would just make their muscles frostbitten, but that wouldn't necessarily stop them. Several movies have had zombies that were missing muscles completely but they were still moving. I'd skip that if I were you.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

:twisted:
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

There's a tank plant near my house. Or at least there used to be. I'm pretty sure it's still there.

I'm going to do my best to get there and get a damn tank. Hopefully I can get it fueled up and use it to get myself into some of the more rural areas. It would take awhile to get there, especially over all the debris, but I could find some nice woodsy area to call home.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Find a way to control the zombies so that I can rule over them.
Yeah, I'd be happy with this one.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Oberoth
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Oberoth »

I live in Alberta and we are quite close to the Rocky Mountains. I would pack all the supplies I could and head for the hills so to speak. I would look for a mine or logging camp an hunker down, then take it one day at a time.
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

Take a day at a time. I would raid the mall I seen some Japanese swords in one of the stores & raid the sporting goods store too because they sell guns & ammo. I would live in the ceiling specially the one in Okemos MI.
Last edited by wildhood on Mon May 04, 2009 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
Ale Golem
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ale Golem »

wildhood wrote:I would raid the mall I seen some Japanese swords in one of the stores...

I'd rather not get close enough to have to use a sword, especially one that'll probably break as soon as it encounters something harder than a sheet of newspaper. Mall swords are almost always fake. Sporting goods stores are a good bet for the rifles and ammo, but only if you happen to be in one when the outbreak begins or close to it. Not much sense in risking your neck traveling to get supplies unless you have a group and at least three escape routes planned ahead of time.
Check it out and love it! http://www.badgreymatter.com/
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I said Alaska, but my game is based in the wilderness of the North west Territories by a native reserve. my character was a game warden so he knows his environment, but his anger of being alone is drawing him deeper into town and down a path that is sure to bring about this death. In his mind its better to be ripped apart looking for adventure then freezing to death in a small dark shed all alone in a blizzard.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

Figure a way to control the zombies and rule over them. Of course, I have to deal with others who have the same idea. Zombie fight!!!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

my zombie plan is much like my real life apoc plans take my guns up to san bernadinao
and live off the land in perputity

got me a flack and kevlar and a few week of mres at the homestead

my roommate was in the Corps with me we would do just find
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

gaaahhhh wrote:Figure a way to control the zombies and rule over them. Of course, I have to deal with others who have the same idea. Zombie fight!!!

Really? 3 have voted that way. I'd be happy with a third of the world. We just team up and take out the pesky survivors.
:twisted:
The Nuclear Chaos
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ZeroArmour »

I'd just take it one day at a time, after all my long term survival chances are pretty slim.
"That's the second biggest dragon I've ever seen"
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

You left out "Relocate to South America, where the zombies would be eaten by ants."

This and the "head North to the cold" were always my Zombie Apocalypse plans.
Max Brooks figured out the second one, but not the first.
(granted, his zombies are poisonous, so it wouldn't really work in his world)
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

I'd just take it one day at a time, after all my long term survival chances are pretty slim.

That's my take, not sure if i'd run into any survivors. It would be a nice thing, but i wouldn't trust them, especially the women. No offense ladies, but women are the craftier of the human race IMHO. Besides, if the world i knew is gone, not sure if i'd want to survive, though i DEFINITELY don't want to become a meal for the undead. :lol: ;)
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Nightbreed wrote:

That's my take, not sure if i'd run into any survivors. It would be a nice thing, but i wouldn't trust them, especially the women. No offense ladies, but women are the craftier of the human race IMHO. Besides, if the world i knew is gone, not sure if i'd want to survive, though i DEFINITELY don't want to become a meal for the undead. :lol: ;)

Frankly, if women want to use me before I end up as Zombie chow I'm fine with that.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

I'd head north. Fewer people and therefore fewer zombies. But mostly for the fewer people. I don't like the winter but I can handle it. I'd hunt and scrounge to get by.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I'd take it one day at a time, all the while trying to help as many people as possible. BUT at the same time, I'd travel North to create some sort of base.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Alejandro wrote:
A'Zule wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:

Frankly, if women want to use me before I end up as Zombie chow I'm fine with that.

Why let them use you? You're the one with the gun & food.

I'm also the one with the chronic medical condition that's going to die anyway, so why waste time trying to be "mister bigman with a gun"?
AzathothXy
Adventurer

A'Zule wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
A'Zule wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:

Why let them use you? You're the one with the gun & food.

I'm also the one with the chronic medical condition that's going to die anyway, so why waste time trying to be "mister bigman with a gun"?

Man, that sucks, but, uh, can I have your stuff? It'd help me take control of the zombies, and take out the other survivors.
The Nuclear Chaos
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Stay safe and help where I can. Zombies are not very bright so you stay hidden, out of sight out of mind. You need a good defensible structure and take great pains as not to let any zombies figure out where you're hidding by having monitored exits and good communication between survivors. It pays to have a good evacuation plan and several avenues of escape.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

AzathothXy wrote:Man, that sucks, but, uh, can I have your stuff? It'd help me take control of the zombies, and take out the other survivors.

No, but you'd be doing me a huge favour (and making the future of other survivors much brighter) if you'd just stand still for a second... I don't wanna waste too much ammo!
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Alejandro wrote:Off topic, I know, but I booted up BF 2142 again because of that sig pic. That game is so awesome it's scary.

Yeah I haven't played in a while, my computer room flooded when my hot water tank burst. I'm almost done the repairs and I'll be back in the game soon. My call sign is Meridith Mackay.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

I said Alaska...it's frakkin' beautiful up there and the people (by and large) are some of the nicest folks in the world.
ImageImageImage
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

I said Alaska...it's frakkin' beautiful up there and the people (by and large) are some of the nicest folks in the world.
ImageImageImage
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Odd. Not only did you manage a double-post, but I got a double-reply sent to my email...
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

The Game Master wrote:I said Alaska...it's frakkin' beautiful up there and the people (by and large) are some of the nicest folks in the world.

Not everyone is gonna be able to travel that far, and I gotta say I think there must be better ways to spend early Spring than looking for half frozen zombies to take down.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

change of plans I head to my friends place in the wilderness of the big island in hawaii
again with the guns and ammo.

I am fully capable of living forever in hawaii even if I had nothing

I should be able to create a rather defesable position and have some fun with it

and well I hold out there for about a decade then i look for survivors
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Hmmm... Let me see, I remember seeing a show (on the History Channel) called "SandHogs" that talks about working (about) 800 feet below the streets of New York City. If I lived down there (I'm in Nova Scotia) THAT would be where I'd be heading.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Hmmm... Let me see, I remember seeing a show (on the History Channel) called "SandHogs" that talks about working (about) 800 feet below the streets of New York City. If I lived down there (I'm in Nova Scotia) THAT would be where I'd be heading.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I'm a bus and train ride from Manhattan. No way am i even THINKING about going down there. Way too much unexplored stuff down there, very easy to get lost and damned if i run into a C.H.U.D or anything else that's down there along with the zombies. You want to go, be my guest. ;)
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Nightbreed wrote:
Rathorc Lemenger wrote:Hmmm... Let me see, I remember seeing a show (on the History Channel) called "SandHogs" that talks about working (about) 800 feet below the streets of New York City. If I lived down there (I'm in Nova Scotia) THAT would be where I'd be heading.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

I'm a bus and train ride from Manhattan. No way am i even THINKING about going down there. Way too much unexplored stuff down there, very easy to get lost and damned if i run into a C.H.U.D or anything else that's down there along with the zombies. You want to go, be my guest. ;)

"Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.s." - Marge Simpson.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

I've noticed something while searching online and looking at various zombie survival plans... No one ever thinks about water!

People talk about holding up in old stone buildings, and of converting multi-story parking structures into high-rise farms. But no one ever explains where the water is going to come from!?

Any plan must include water along with protection from the elements, protection from zombies, protection from other people, and food. Forget just one, and you are a dead man.
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero

Maybe, Alejandro. But I somewhat like my "800 foot below New York Streets" idea. It'd probably be pretty safe for people.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

A'Zule wrote:
Nightbreed wrote:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.

"Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.s." - Marge Simpson.

:lol: :lol: ROTFLMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Ok, nice one! :ok:
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Alejandro wrote:
A'Zule wrote:I've noticed something while searching online and looking at various zombie survival plans... No one ever thinks about water!

People talk about holding up in old stone buildings, and of converting multi-story parking structures into high-rise farms. But no one ever explains where the water is going to come from!?

Any plan must include water along with protection from the elements, protection from zombies, protection from other people, and food. Forget just one, and you are a dead man.

You have to know how to sail to reliably use water as a means of survival and frankly, most people on this planet know spit about sailing. Plus, most boats people would have access to, even large yachts, are not very good ocean-going vessels and you would be at the mercy of fuel and the seas if you went out there.

When it comes to water, the safest ships to be on would be US Navy carriers. Nuclear engines, facilities for just about everything, aircraft and landing craft to reconnoiter and obtain supplies....that's where it's at.

Dude, I ment water for drinking!
ronekiln
Wanderer

Unread post by ronekiln »

What's this talk about finding a cure? You cure a zombie by putting a bullet through its head. Or caving the skull in. Very simple. Cures every one of them every time.

Soon as I have a small fortress established, I'm going hunting. Best defense is a good offense.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

ronekiln wrote:What's this talk about finding a cure? You cure a zombie by putting a bullet through its head. Or caving the skull in. Very simple. Cures every one of them every time.

Soon as I have a small fortress established, I'm going hunting. Best defense is a good offense.

When you get killed in the open by a zombie swarm, can other people use your place?
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

I plan to go into work. Tunney's Pasture, Building 6, Laboratory Centre for Disease Control. If anybody in Canada is going to find a cure, we are.

That being said, Swine Flu is currently kicking our a$$, so don't get your hopes up.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

filo_clarke wrote:I plan to go into work. Tunney's Pasture, Building 6, Laboratory Centre for Disease Control. If anybody in Canada is going to find a cure, we are.

That being said, Swine Flu is currently kicking our a$$, so don't get your hopes up.

:lol: ROFLOL this owned me
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Is there a missile silo for sale? I wanna convert it into a house, shelter, whatever works! :D
They can't see me...Right!?
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Whenever people talk about their survival plans, I'm always amazed how they never mention where they're going to get water from, or how they are going to dispose of their waste!
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

A'Zule wrote:Whenever people talk about their survival plans, I'm always amazed how they never mention where they're going to get water from, or how they are going to dispose of their waste!

Yeah, going in a bucket and tossing it outside can only go but so far. :P :lol:
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

My mate thinks my block of flats (apartments to you yanks) would make a great haven, but I'm not sure he's thinking it through. Sure it's pretty safe if you take out the stairs, and you could cut doors to connect the four flats on the upper level... But I keep thinking about food and water... And waste disposal.

Frankly, I don't think you'll make it if you don't have a clean, safe water supply; can't grow your own food; and can't properly deal with waste.
Last edited by ZeroArmour on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Which all sounds fine Lucky, if the canned food and botteled water never runs out, but I have a feeling you'll run out of both before you run out of zombies.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

other
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I nice island that is sorrounded by rocky cliffs. That or steal a large sail boat and stock it with supplies. I am a pretty handy sailor and I figure a 47ft boat could easily handle my family along with supplies to last a really long time. Just stop off at the occasional port, town or cove to scrounge for more supplies. Maybe setup a base on a nice sized cliff sorrounded island.

I am also a pretty fair hand at gardening, pickling and canning.
-Matt
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Mackinac Island (pronounced Mackinaw)

Small island (like 8 square miles), six miles from teh mainland, airport (bound to have fuel and somewhere to land my powered parachute scout vehicle), room for small scale farming, tourist town to raid for supplies, rebuilt 18th century fort to colonize, harbor with boats.

I'd try to make my way there. It's be a long trip seeing as I'm in central Florida, but that would be the goal.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

The cookbook is good but RaAgnaar BenQson and Paladin Preyss is better... granted saying the authors full name (I cheated) may result in a black van following you.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Nice idea, but I don't fancy hauling tons of soil on board to make a garden.

Return to “Dead Reign™”