Wormwood, Space pirates, and the Thundercloud Galaxy

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Wormwood, Space pirates, and the Thundercloud Galaxy

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I will make this my little thread to thank everyone who played in my three games.

Also, feel free to talk them up so that those who didn't attend or play in them go mad with jealousy :wink:
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Re: Wormwood, Space pirates, and the Thundercloud Galaxy

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

As I mentioned at the Warehouse Braden- it was a thrill to play in your Apok and Space Pirates (albeit briefly) games! An particular editor under the employ of Palladium Books, who shall of course remain namless (COUGH...cough....Marker...cough) would be a fool to "tweek" the Space Pirates section in the Fleet's manuscript!!

Although I really liked his idea for that additional type of cruise missile. That should added.

Grand Paladin
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

YARRRRRRRRR!!!

most of all I learned that putting gentlemen with common views of gaming theory in the sam house leads to laaaaaate nights as we discuss the minutia of stat blocks, character-driven storytelling and bupm.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Sadly, I was unable to play and GM at the same time.

DAMN THE LAWS OF PHYSICS!!! DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!!

I was really hoping for some boarding actions too...
ImageImageImage
Leonardo T Dragon
D-Bee

Unread post by Leonardo T Dragon »

Who knew that you could dogfight in Wormwood?

The Apok game was a blast-- a real "Magnificent Seven" meets "300". My only regret is that the six hours flew by and we didn't have time to go after the Crawling Tower itself!

For those of you who didn't play in this, seven Apoks stood against ranks of Worm Zombies, the armies of the Host, and a Crawling Tower while defending a narrow pass until the Templars could muster reinforcements. We were hopelessly outnumbered with no back-up and the odds stacked against us like the tales of epic poetry-- just the way Apoks like it!

Braden's one heck of a GM who's willing to roll with whatever the players can throw back at him-- and I think his local players are one lucky group.
Daily GIJoe news, Reviews, and more...
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

*high pitched & girly voice* YAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!

As expected, your games were completely awesome. I'll write more tomorrow. I just got home now, and am going to bed.

Thanks everybody for a wonderful time.

**edited for tiredness. twice.
Last edited by Xar on Mon May 04, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

By the way, what secret plan was Marker hatching in the Pirates game? I assumed he was selling us out...
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Braden Campbell

Jason Richards wrote:By the way, what secret plan was Marker hatching in the Pirates game? I assumed he was selling us out...

Heh heh....

Let's just say there's a reason that you're being followed back by a Kreeghor battle cruiser. But we'll have to pick that up next session. :twisted:
Braden, GMPhD

ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:Who knew that you could dogfight in Wormwood?

The Apok game was a blast-- a real "Magnificent Seven" meets "300". My only regret is that the six hours flew by and we didn't have time to go after the Crawling Tower itself!

For those of you who didn't play in this, seven Apoks stood against ranks of Worm Zombies, the armies of the Host, and a Crawling Tower while defending a narrow pass until the Templars could muster reinforcements. We were hopelessly outnumbered with no back-up and the odds stacked against us like the tales of epic poetry-- just the way Apoks like it!

Braden's one heck of a GM who's willing to roll with whatever the players can throw back at him-- and I think his local players are one lucky group.

Part of me would want to point out that the great Human Archer (from the Rifter Article 'Wormwood Addendum') was also a great help in the fight, slaying many a foe..........

Yeah, right. I think I short over a dozen arrows into one Worm Zombie and on flaming arrow into an Entrancer (I did get the kill on that one) before my uselessness ran out. :D

Just being in one of Braden's games is fun to watch and see how he goes about the events. His actions, mannerisms, and unique twist of history can lead to great role-playing to pulled, nay forced, out of his players. (Phalanx's response to the "Innash" a great example.) Sadly, my own engagements kept me from playing in the Sunday Space Pirate game, but I don't feel too bad since Bob wasn't there either. Long Live the freedom fighters of Good Hope!
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" over the Kreeghor radio.
Couple moments later, a confused "Greh?"
:lol:

Awesome game yet again!

..I have this feeling that by the time of modern Phase World "Yaaar!" will enter into the Kreeghor language as a word for 'pirate', or more specifically 'badass pirate'. :ok:
Assuming any who hear it live to tell of its power.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
tenknifefoot
D-Bee

Unread post by tenknifefoot »

Braden Campbell wrote:I will make this my little thread to thank everyone who played in my three games.

Also, feel free to talk them up so that those who didn't attend or play in them go mad with jealousy :wink:

Olefumi was excellent. It brought about an interesting feeling that I don't usually get from roleplaying games- exasperation and hopelessness. (But in an entertaining context, don't get me wrong!) Most games, through PC actions, everything can be fixed. To be in a situation with real-world style politics puts a twist on things. Knowing that your character can do his very best but still is totally screwed... challenging roleplay.

I got the feeling that the alien soldiers didn't get as much out of the game as the officers did. Their plots didn't seem to develop fully. I dunno. Just felt a bit skewed.

I enjoyed it thoroughly! I eagerly look forward to Thundercloud Galaxy.
...and my P.P. is huge!!

--Mad Mike the juicer, Palladium open house 2007
Braden Campbell

tenknifefoot wrote:
I got the feeling that the alien soldiers didn't get as much out of the game as the officers did. Their plots didn't seem to develop fully. I dunno. Just felt a bit skewed.

Yeah... I realised after the Open House that my 'Con games might have been a bit too grandiose and sweeping. Olifemi in particular should really be a three or four session mini-campaign, and to try and cram that into a single session means that a lot of oppertunities get lost in the process.

Meh. I'll know better next time.
Braden, GMPhD

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

In character write up of the pirates game here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=103413
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start

Return to “Palladium Open House”