5 PCs + Hospital Roof + Thousands of Zombies

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

5 PCs + Hospital Roof + Thousands of Zombies

Unread post by Levi »

I can’t wait to see what the players figure for this situation.

I run a Dead Reign game on Thursdays for a small group. The group is a savaging party for a survivor community. Last week the community sent them to the city for medical supplies to deal with a meningitis outbreak.

They managed to get to the hospital with only one character hurt. However, after a few minutes of scouting the hospital they got chased to the roof by a group of zombies. They are now trapped on the roof with a helicopter that won’t start, thousands of zombies now answering the moan, and dozens climbing the fire escape to get to the roof.

There are some tools and fuel on the roof but not much of either. It will be a real test of their ingenuity to get out this situation.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: 5 PCs + Hospital Roof + Thousands of Zombies

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

bubbatooth wrote:Sounds just like left 4 dead mercy hospital scenario lol... wouldn't want to be them!

First thing I thought of too, when I saw the subject :-P
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Levi
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

I have got to get that game! I didn't even know I was taking their idea.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

TAAAAANK!!!!!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Bunch of Tools, huh??

Is one of them a cutting implement like a Saw or Utility Knife?? :demon:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Speaking of Left 4 Dead, right here's the trailer for the sequel. 8)
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

If the zombies are climbing the fire escape, the most logical thing to do is disable the fire escape somehow. If someone has a way to loosen the bolts holding it on, or an actelyne torch to cut it loose, then you could keep the zombies off the roof, or at least down to manageble numbers.Maybe then buying time to fix the helicopter.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

Captain Shiva wrote:If the zombies are climbing the fire escape, the most logical thing to do is disable the fire escape somehow. If someone has a way to loosen the bolts holding it on, or an actelyne torch to cut it loose, then you could keep the zombies off the roof, or at least down to manageble numbers.Maybe then buying time to fix the helicopter.

Do what Capain Shiva said & make some touches to hold off the zombies intell someone fixes the helo & refuel it & than make your escape. (No Brainer)
Last edited by wildhood on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
Levi

Unread post by Levi »

I had forgotten about this post. We have played two sessions since I posted this. Of the 5 characters only two made it through it conscious. It was rough.

One of the players was actually already unconscious from fighting through zombies to get to the roof. So really there were only 4 PCs to really handle this.

Up to this point the characters hadn’t learned of zombies fear of fire so using fire to guard the roof was out. The character split up pretty quick though. One went to fix the copter. Two went to try to pry the fire escape from the roof. And the third character tried to provide cover fire and keep the zombies off the roof.

Unfortunately the character that was trying to shoot the zombies off the roof wasn’t doing well and the other two were not have much luck with ladder either. After one melee there were a couple zombies on the roof including a fast attack zombie. To make matters worse one PC was shot by thinker with a gun and shot when had had leaned over the edge to scope out how had the situation was.

Things went downhill fast. The character fixing the helicopter had to abandon that to help fight zombies. After a couple more melees they were making progress two more of the PCs were down, one of the two dead.

Luckily for the player group a small squad of soldiers were trapped in the next building over by the swarm of zombies the players had stirred up. These four soldiers had been on their way to the hospital as well when the zombies started swarming to the hospital. These soldiers had made it to the roof and decided their best way out was the helicopter. So they used their flamethrower to clear the fire escape from the roof of the building they were on.

The players weren’t sure was caused the eruption of fire on the fire escape at first but with the flow of zombies to the roof cut off they were able to kill the rest on the roof with them already. When the investigated the fire the soldiers yelled over to them and asked for a helicopter extraction in trade for the help with the fire escape.

The players agreed and finished fixing the copter while the troops kept the zombies of f the fire escape. They were able to extract the soldiers and make their escape.

It worked out pretty well in the end. The player who had his character killed wrote up one of the soldiers as his next character. The players and soldiers traded some info and resources and then went on a joint mission to recover the rest of the medical supplies they needed for another site.

All in all it was a good session.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Levi wrote:I had forgotten about this post. We have played two sessions since I posted this. Of the 5 characters only two made it through it conscious. It was rough.

One of the players was actually already unconscious from fighting through zombies to get to the roof. So really there were only 4 PCs to really handle this.

Up to this point the characters hadn’t learned of zombies fear of fire so using fire to guard the roof was out. The character split up pretty quick though. One went to fix the copter. Two went to try to pry the fire escape from the roof. And the third character tried to provide cover fire and keep the zombies off the roof.

Unfortunately the character that was trying to shoot the zombies off the roof wasn’t doing well and the other two were not have much luck with ladder either. After one melee there were a couple zombies on the roof including a fast attack zombie. To make matters worse one PC was shot by thinker with a gun and shot when had had leaned over the edge to scope out how had the situation was.

Things went downhill fast. The character fixing the helicopter had to abandon that to help fight zombies. After a couple more melees they were making progress two more of the PCs were down, one of the two dead.

Luckily for the player group a small squad of soldiers were trapped in the next building over by the swarm of zombies the players had stirred up. These four soldiers had been on their way to the hospital as well when the zombies started swarming to the hospital. These soldiers had made it to the roof and decided their best way out was the helicopter. So they used their flamethrower to clear the fire escape from the roof of the building they were on.

The players weren’t sure was caused the eruption of fire on the fire escape at first but with the flow of zombies to the roof cut off they were able to kill the rest on the roof with them already. When the investigated the fire the soldiers yelled over to them and asked for a helicopter extraction in trade for the help with the fire escape.

The players agreed and finished fixing the copter while the troops kept the zombies of f the fire escape. They were able to extract the soldiers and make their escape.

It worked out pretty well in the end. The player who had his character killed wrote up one of the soldiers as his next character. The players and soldiers traded some info and resources and then went on a joint mission to recover the rest of the medical supplies they needed for another site.

All in all it was a good session.
:frust:

Why didn't you give the other PCs the "pleasure" of having to fight their old buddy, only now as a Zombie??? :demon: :D

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Levi

Unread post by Levi »

cornholioprime wrote:Why didn't you give the other PCs the "pleasure" of having to fight their old buddy, only now as a Zombie??? :demon: :D

They weren't on the roof long enough for him to change. Instead they get to see him as a zombie when they go back to that city again.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Levi wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Why didn't you give the other PCs the "pleasure" of having to fight their old buddy, only now as a Zombie??? :demon: :D

They weren't on the roof long enough for him to change. Instead they get to see him as a zombie when they go back to that city again.
And given your already-established propensity for mischief, I won't be surprised if you give that particular Zombie an additional amount of Horror Factor to those who were his friends.

***Looks at Levi and gives him the Evil Eye***

"BEWARE! BEWARE!! THAT GM IS EEEEEEEVILLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"

mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

The Beast wrote:TAAAAANK!!!!!!

Francis: "I hear a witch... where is she? I'll give her something to cry about."

:lol:
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Dead Reign™”