Jeridu Juicer !!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Jeridu Juicer !!!

Unread post by Lenwen »

Jeridu Juicers .. Yes or no ?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Jeridu Juicer !!!

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

^@%* NO!
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Lenwen wrote:Jeridu Juicers .. Yes or no ?

WHERE!? :? :?:
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:^@%* NO!

:lol:
Crucible
Champion

I'd say yes. If an Elf can do it, then so can they. Better as Blad Mages though... :D
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Crucible wrote:I'd say yes. If an Elf can do it, then so can they. Better as Blad Mages though... :D

Blade Mages are not a canon OCC where as a Juicer is :P
Crucible
Champion

Lenwen wrote:
Crucible wrote:I'd say yes. If an Elf can do it, then so can they. Better as Blad Mages though... :D

Who said they're not "canon"?

Crucible
Champion

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:
Crucible wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

Blade mage is totally opional source material.

Okay, here is my ONLY point on that. If I buy the materials and they then belong to me, do I not choose what is canon and what is not? To this day 15yrs of Rifts no one has ever tried and tell me what is canon and what is not. Canon is what happens on my kitchen table. LOL...........J/K with you man. I know already, but dang why does my idea have to be called out.

Jeridu seems pretty cool and I would be hard pressed to say no because it doesn't break any rules that I am aware of.

Crucible
Champion

I said Blade mage only because I know my players. None would actually wish to make something like that a Juicer. If I even mentioned it, my guys would change the subject I'm sure. We'd have to pack it up and say bye bye.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Crucible wrote:I'd say yes. If an Elf can do it, then so can they. Better as Blade Mages though... :D

Since elves can not be juicers, the tech is only for humans, the answer is still no, in reference to your above comment.

However, Jeridu are not elves. So even if there was a juicer system developed for elves, which in canon there isn't, it would not work on jeridu.

The only "juicer" type that I can think of that "might" be compatible would be the maxi-killer, the splugorth bio-augmented juicers.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Jeridu are an offshoot of elves and it's possible that their biologically different enough that the conversion wouldn't work. And before people start decrying that they should be physically similiar, consider they have 6 freaking arms they can use in tandum. The brain chemistry to control that many limbs at once would HAVE to be different and it's the brain chemistry that really matters. It could simply be too much adreniline for them to handle.

If I was GM though, I'd have to rule that it not only would kill them, but any entites controling them (The player :P)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Prince Artemis wrote:Jeridu are an offshoot of elves and it's possible that their biologically different enough that the conversion wouldn't work. And before people start decrying that they should be physically similar, consider they have 6 freaking arms they can use in tandem. The brain chemistry to control that many limbs at once would HAVE to be different and it's the brain chemistry that really matters. It could simply be too much adrenaline for them to handle.

If I was GM though, I'd have to rule that it not only would kill them, but any entities controlling them (The player :P)

The only thing you are wrong in the above I have marked in blue. Jeridu is a race that just happens to have a outward appearance near that of elves, other then their 4 extra arms. Being their own species.
Crucible
Champion

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:Jeridu are an offshoot of elves and it's possible that their biologically different enough that the conversion wouldn't work. And before people start decrying that they should be physically similar, consider they have 6 freaking arms they can use in tandem. The brain chemistry to control that many limbs at once would HAVE to be different and it's the brain chemistry that really matters. It could simply be too much adrenaline for them to handle.

If I was GM though, I'd have to rule that it not only would kill them, but any entities controlling them (The player :P)

The only thing you are wrong in the above I have marked in blue. Jeridu is a race that just happens to have a outward appearance near that of elves, other then their 4 extra arms. Being their own species.

I'd totally allow it, but as I've said no matter what I'll allow my players will look at me and change the subject.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Crucible wrote:
Crucible wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

Okay, here is my ONLY point on that. If I buy the materials and they then belong to me, do I not choose what is canon and what is not? To this day 15yrs of Rifts no one has ever tried and tell me what is canon and what is not. Canon is what happens on my kitchen table. LOL...........J/K with you man. I know already, but dang why does my idea have to be called out.

Jeridu seems pretty cool and I would be hard pressed to say no because it doesn't break any rules that I am aware of.

I have never allowed any Rifter material in my games. I might use some of the hook , line an sinkers .. but if the PC's are allowed to use 1 thing from the Rifters .. so are my NPC's ..

I can get nasty as heck with what I'm already provided .. with Rifter material .. I would be unstoppable.

Rifter material tho amazing (yes it really is and GREAT reading :D ) is not canon unless it specifically states otherwise. And usually that is KS who makes the call on that.
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

how about a Jeridu Gunslinger? :D
Crucible
Champion

I don't know my players may disagree with you on what is canon and what is not...they may get extra EXP...LOL

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

What the hell is a Jeridu?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

Zerebus wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:What the hell is a Jeridu?

Who do?

YOU DO!
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

It would depend entirely on the type of game I was running.

As a GM, I don't find the prospect of a Juicer Jeridu particularily freightening. One way or another, it's going to die sooner or later. As will any Juicer.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Oh futz yes...-I- wouldn't allow it if I was GMing, but since we're already discussing CK Splugorth and Metzla on these forums, I'd say go for it....if you have an ******** GM and the players want to team up on him, trot out a bloodyminded headache generator like that one just to see heads explode... :twisted:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Display-Name-Alpha wrote:
Zerebus wrote:

Who do?

YOU DO!

HAHAH ..

"Thats the power of the babe ! "

LOVE that movie .. :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

It is a race in "The Land of the Damned 1" with six arms which they have full ambedetixrey with. (can use each arm equally.) They sort of look like elves.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I would say no... at least, not without a lot of time an effort by a dedicated rogue scientist and a cyberdoc. Juicing works because drugs work certain ways on humans, and human biochemistry is very well understood. Thus, a juicer can have a supply of drugs, and it will work about the same on Barney the Juicer as it does on Fred the Juicer. Wilma and Betty are a different matter, because women have a different biochemistry... but it's one that's known, so you can buy the "Women's Juicer Package" and the "Men's Juicer Package" fairly easily.

However, then you have The Great Gazoo. He's not human. His biochemistry is going to be fairly different from a human... some things that are toxic to him won't affect us, and some things that work as pain relievers to him are going to be toxic to him. Witness chocolate in dogs; in humans, it's got some therapeutic properties; in dogs, it's a toxin. And we've evolved side by side for the past ten thousand years or so (likely far longer), from common ancestors. For elves, jeridu, and hawrk-ka, there's no guarantee that things will work anything like the same.

But, someone wants to play a Jeridu juicer. Well, what has to happen for that to be feasible is you have to get a massive amount of information about Jeridu biochemistry. Then you have to come up with a drug cocktail that juices that biochemistry. Then you have to find that cocktail on a regular basis... and given that Jeridu are a dying, backwater race on a backwater world, you're probably going to have to hand-mix every drug cocktail... which ain't fun when you've got the shakes.

Theoretically possible. Practically, however, is another matter.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Crucible
Champion

Mark Hall wrote:I would say no... at least, not without a lot of time an effort by a dedicated rogue scientist and a cyberdoc. Juicing works because drugs work certain ways on humans, and human biochemistry is very well understood. Thus, a juicer can have a supply of drugs, and it will work about the same on Barney the Juicer as it does on Fred the Juicer. Wilma and Betty are a different matter, because women have a different biochemistry... but it's one that's known, so you can buy the "Women's Juicer Package" and the "Men's Juicer Package" fairly easily.

However, then you have The Great Gazoo. He's not human. His biochemistry is going to be fairly different from a human... some things that are toxic to him won't affect us, and some things that work as pain relievers to him are going to be toxic to him. Witness chocolate in dogs; in humans, it's got some therapeutic properties; in dogs, it's a toxin. And we've evolved side by side for the past ten thousand years or so (likely far longer), from common ancestors. For elves, jeridu, and hawrk-ka, there's no guarantee that things will work anything like the same.

But, someone wants to play a Jeridu juicer. Well, what has to happen for that to be feasible is you have to get a massive amount of information about Jeridu biochemistry. Then you have to come up with a drug cocktail that juices that biochemistry. Then you have to find that cocktail on a regular basis... and given that Jeridu are a dying, backwater race on a backwater world, you're probably going to have to hand-mix every drug cocktail... which ain't fun when you've got the shakes.

Theoretically possible. Practically, however, is another matter.

Like I said, I would make it happen if my players wanted it...but my players would not feel that it makes any sense except to rack up a high kill rate. If one of my guys were to play this I can guarantee it would be something like Assassin, Monk, or LongBowman. I said Blade Mage earlier and I don't think it would be out of the question.

If someone told me they wanted to be a Jerdu Juicer I'd make it happen using the same rules as for Elves, but they'd be a pariah to their own kind.

Khord - Lizard Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Khord - Lizard Mage »

Crucible wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

Pardon my noobness but what book is the Blade Mage in? Thanks
"It's not just a Race, it's an occupation." - Khord

"Fear the Evil Red D20" - R.I.P. Arne Karl Swenson
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mark Hall wrote:
But, someone wants to play a Jeridu juicer. Well, what has to happen for that to be feasible is you have to get a massive amount of information about Jeridu biochemistry. Then you have to come up with a drug cocktail that juices that biochemistry.

Very intelligently put. And I for one can no disagree with this post .. even tho I would very much like too :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Khord - Lizard Mage wrote:

One of the Rifters.
Crucible
Champion

Khord - Lizard Mage wrote:
Crucible wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

Rifter 23, pg 29 :D

taalismn
Priest

Lenwen wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
But, someone wants to play a Jeridu juicer. Well, what has to happen for that to be feasible is you have to get a massive amount of information about Jeridu biochemistry. Then you have to come up with a drug cocktail that juices that biochemistry.

Very intelligently put. And I for one can no disagree with this post .. even tho I would very much like too :lol:

Likewise...all technology isn't Human-centric...and other folks, after seeing something done on Humans, might say 'why can't we do this with ourselves?'
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

taalismn wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Likewise...all technology isn't Human-centric...and other folks, after seeing something done on Humans, might say 'why can't we do this with ourselves?'

Entirely possible. However, Jeridu pose a unique problem in their scarcity. The research that lead up to juicing likely cost hundreds of lives, and that was with relatively well-understood biology. Even with all that R&D, juicers kill themselves after 6 years or so. Making a specifically Jeridu juicing program requires that you have enough spare Jeridu that you can afford to lose a few.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Crucible
Champion

Mark Hall wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Entirely possible. However, Jeridu pose a unique problem in their scarcity. The research that lead up to juicing likely cost hundreds of lives, and that was with relatively well-understood biology. Even with all that R&D, juicers kill themselves after 6 years or so. Making a specifically Jeridu juicing program requires that you have enough spare Jeridu that you can afford to lose a few.

I honestly doubt they would do it. They are endangered as a race.

Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

I would defiantly let one become a dragon juicer or a maxi juicer, It would be a huge draw in the sploogie arenas. But as stated before I would have a problem with the standard juicer. There would have to be a massive chance for bad side effects or death.
Crucible
Champion

airdale91 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

It is a race in "The Land of the Damned 1" with six arms which they have full ambedetixrey with. (can use each arm equally.) They sort of look like elves.

This is the first that I've heard of them, what book are they in??

Thanks

"The Land of the Damned 1"

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Crucible wrote:"The Land of the Damned 1"

See here.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I've "Disallowed" the Jeridu Juicer but I've allowed the Jeridu Bio-Borg as well as the Jeridu Splugorthian Juicer. As it is a mystical bonding that is hardly ever rejected .. As well as there being two ways to get the "Juicer" treatment from Atlantis with several different Psyms ..

Thanks guys .

:wink:
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Jeridu already many of the Juicer abilities,including auto-dodge as racial abilities.Better idea: Jeridu Battle Magus. :twisted:
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
taalismn
Priest

Captain Shiva wrote:

Jeridu already many of the Juicer abilities,including auto-dodge as racial abilities.Better idea: Jeridu Battle Magus. :twisted:

Equally good...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

taalismn wrote:
Captain Shiva wrote:

Equally good...

Would you allow him to use paired weapons and cast spells at the same time.

Multiple arms means multiple attacks .. an such like that ..

In order to do an attack .. AND .. cast a spell at the same time .. in my opinion would require at LEAST two brains in order to be able to attack and concentrate enough so that your able to cast spells accordingly ..

But there is no creature in the Rifts megaverse with such an ability .. and I doubt there ever will be. heh.
Crucible
Champion

My Blad Mage is considering it. I doubt he will though.

Crucible
Champion

Crucible wrote:My Blad Mage is considering it. I doubt he will though.

I would consider allowing some thing like a blade mage to cast and attack at the same time, but it would have to be blade magic.

After careful consideration my player has decided that its more than he wants in a character. While he said that the Jeridu was cool, he also said that without struggle he may not progress as a player.

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Just give the Jeridu character a ring that casts "Fleet Feet" on the wearer 3 times a day.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Rifts®”