Rifts Antarctica?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Crazy Lou
Hero

Rifts Antarctica?

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

I understand that there's an Antarctica netbook out there somewhere, and i was wondering if anyone knew where to find it? Also, what are some people's opinions on the content?
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Nightmaster
Hero

Re: Rifts Antarctica?

Unread post by Nightmaster »

No there is not. There is a Rifts Artic Circle as far I am concerned and its really simple to find it.

As for my opinion about it: Could have been better.

The part about legends of the Eskimo people, magic and supernatural creatures and about the perious of artic cold weather are very good but the part about the genetic facility build by the old USA government to conduct forbiden experiments on convicts makes me wish to puke.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

it's easy. start with the same stuff that's in the very northernmost areas of the world. then remove the people, all except maybe a handful of structures, remove the terrestrial wildlife, add penguins, and bamf! instant antarctica.
Nightmaster
Hero

Unread post by Nightmaster »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:I think someone did a netbook, but thats about it.

They did but not for Antarctica. It was for the Artic Circle.
burgler81
Explorer

Unread post by burgler81 »

There is an Antartica net book, but I can't remember the site it was on. I believe I have a copy saved on one of my computers or harddrives, I will see if Ican dig it up for you.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There was a net book talked about, but the site changed over to some ST game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

There was an Antarctica Netbook several years ago, but I have not been able to find it in quite a while. If you seek proof that it existed, look to number 2 on the links on this page.

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/8976/links.htm
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Talk about links to dead sites.... :roll:

I only found three of the links that took me to the site, excluding the PB link, the reast were dead.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Talk about links to dead sites.... :roll:

I only found three of the links that took me to the site, excluding the PB link, the reast were dead.

As are the vast majority of the rifts sites. truely a....wait, the internet archive exists, so who cares. Archive FTW.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:

As are the vast majority of the rifts sites. truely a....wait, the internet archive exists, so who cares. Archive FTW.

I want to know what type of campaign is being considered for Antarctica...
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

Tell me about it. I remember when a lot of those sites were up. Many of them were actually pretty good.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

sennin wrote:

Tell me about it. I remember when a lot of those sites were up. Many of them were actually pretty good.

Google search "wayback Machine" it is a function of the Internet Archive. It will allow you to visit some of those dead sites, which were pretty darn awesome.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Crazy Lou
Hero

Crucible wrote:

Oh I wasn't planning any specific campaign, I just saw mention of an Antarctica netbook and thought it might be really interesting to read. Depending on what's in it (provided I find it), I might want to use it. But mostly I was just curious what was out there already written about it in a netbook.

On a somewhat related note (both are associated with really cold areas...): what book is the official Inuit stuff from? I've seen what's in BoM, but I don't know what it's actually from. Rifts Canada?
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Crazy Lou wrote:
Crucible wrote:

Oh I wasn't planning any specific campaign, I just saw mention of an Antarctica netbook and thought it might be really interesting to read. Depending on what's in it (provided I find it), I might want to use it. But mostly I was just curious what was out there already written about it in a netbook.

On a somewhat related note (both are associated with really cold areas...): what book is the official Inuit stuff from? I've seen what's in BoM, but I don't know what it's actually from. Rifts Canada?

rifts canada

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

I looked up Antarctica earlier today and it was indeed pretty freaking sweet. I especially like the main antagonist.

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Nightmaster wrote:No there is not. There is a Rifts Artic Circle as far I am concerned and its really simple to find it.

As for my opinion about it: Could have been better.

The part about legends of the Eskimo people, magic and supernatural creatures and about the perious of artic cold weather are very good but the part about the genetic facility build by the old USA government to conduct forbiden experiments on convicts makes me wish to puke.

Yeah...plus no mention of global warming...
Really, you want to build a sueprsecret base studying infectious biowarefare agents on a deteriorating icegap? Where, as the waterways open up, and everybody rushes up to take part in the Arctic marine goldrush...and this place is going to be found...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Crazy Lou
Hero

Lord_Coake wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:it's easy. start with the same stuff that's in the very northernmost areas of the world. then remove the people, all except maybe a handful of structures, remove the terrestrial wildlife, add penguins, and bamf! instant antarctica.

You forgot the new SAMAS and Glitter Boy variants.

Lol, yeah, those do seem to crop up in an awful lot of books.

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

WildWalker wrote:The Arctic Circle Netbook is awesome...just ignore the sillyness with the convict colony. The rest is really well done. I just looked up the Antarctica Netbook on the Wayback and that is as good as I remember it.

I guess the question for me is, what are you specifically looking for?

WildWalker

can you provide a link?
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Crazy Lou wrote:
Lord_Coake wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:it's easy. start with the same stuff that's in the very northernmost areas of the world. then remove the people, all except maybe a handful of structures, remove the terrestrial wildlife, add penguins, and bamf! instant antarctica.

I don't recall those, were they in arctic circle?

Crazy Lou
Hero

Crazy Lou wrote:
Lord_Coake wrote:

I don't recall those, were they in arctic circle?

Lol, no, it was a joke. Lord Coake was saying that you'd need to throw in a few SAMAS and GB variants into the antarctica book, effectively b/c they're everywhere else, so why not put some in antarctica too?

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

WildWalker wrote:
ZINO wrote: can you provide a link?

Rifts Antarctica on the Wayback Machine.
Rifts Arctic Circle

WildWalker

Damn that brings back memories...
I also remember a long extinct one that had Space-Marine-like augments...It was really hardware-heavy with a lot of original gadgetry like giant mobile construction platforms and personal robot assistants...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”