Funny stuff that your Players do...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dunia
Adventurer

Funny stuff that your Players do...

Unread post by Dunia »

So, i have my campaign centered in and around New Lazlo. Last week my players decided to check out the ruins of Manistee, Michigan as they have heard a rumour that a part of a museum there might have survived and that there could be basments filled with pre-rifts artifacts that they wish to give to a museum in New Lazlo.

Anyway, on the road between New Lazlo and Manistee they hear a strange cracking sound as well as strange shrieking sounds not far from the path they have chosen to walk, and when they check it out they see that there is a dead stegosaurus female that have died while defending her eggs from three raptors. Two of the three eggs are crushed, but the forth one has just cracked open and there is a small stegosaurus tryng to get away from the shells.

After a brief fight with the raptors, who see the players as a nice desert, the players stand looking at the small baby stegosaurus. The human mutant Line walker looks at the dinosaur and then to the Psi-Stalker in the group and says "It seems to like you - you should take it with you and care for it, otherwise it might die". The Psi Stalker (who is a fanatic animal friend and would be voted for the Budhist-of-the-year-award) looks at her friend, then at the stegosaurus and nods, saying "I think that I will do that, it will not survive here and in time it might get used to living in my garden in New Lazlo."

So now I have a Stegosaurus pet in the group called "Dino"

Please do write about funny stuff you and/or your players have done.
taalismn
Priest

Re: Funny stuff that your Players do...

Unread post by taalismn »

Coulda been worse...could been hatchling thunderbeetles...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

A couple of my friends know the script to Tombstone movie backwards and forwards. One of them was the GM. I decided to learn the Latin part of the movie and pulled it out during play. Maybe it wasn't so funny but they loved it.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

A baby Stegosaurus!? Interesting set up, imagine if it had been a baby dragon. At least the dino "Dino" wasn't called "Denver, the Last Dinosaur." Boos and hisses will now be accepted. :lol:
My players once rescued an Eleven farming family from a CS patrol, the Father then gave the lead Character his eldest daughter to him to wife (in my world elves and humans are genetically compatable) the player was confuddled (confused and befuddled).
Ducking to avoid any assaults: :D
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Silveressa
Explorer

Unread post by Silveressa »

I'd have to go with the dog boy attempting to disarm a sdc claymore with a paperclip even though she lacked the demolitions skill. (Normally not a really big deal unless you take off your armored gloves to "have more dexterity and maneuverability like those bomb squads guys do." ) :roll:

Suffice to say a new pair of cyber arms soon became a necessity.
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Juggling a live mini-missile that failed to go off in a firefight(the juggler was wearing power armor) during a 'Mexican standoff'-style negotiation....The other party eventually caved and paid US to dispose of the hot ordnance, which was then dumped down a ventilation...of their ship...Bilge fumes added to the resulting fireball...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

Our group is urrently hanging out in the burbs and have nothing to do but entertain themselves ( we are between adventures and the gm hasn't finished our next adventure) so we have desided to anoy the coalition. we have 2 shape shifters in the Group that the disguise skills and can take the exact appearance of any one, so we have been flooding our own propaganda into the streets of the burbs.

* Video of Emperor Prosek yawning durring a review of marching soldiers
* Video of Desmond Bradford absent mindedly picking his nose and looking board durring a speech by the Emperor
* a Video of of a Young bound and naked Karl Prosek being dominated by a young Erin Tarn in a Dominatrix outfit and a cat-o-nine tails( the young Erin is based on images from the German Books.. we titled this "The real reason for the bounty on Erin Tarns head."
* a Video and Pictures of Joseph Prosek naked in a hot tub with 2 naked male Juicers, surounded by candles with "mood" music playing in the background.
* a Video of a meeting between Karl Prosek and Erin Tarn, the look at each other with Distain then break into a passionate Kiss.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Mallak's Place wrote:Our group is urrently hanging out in the burbs and have nothing to do but entertain themselves ( we are between adventures and the gm hasn't finished our next adventure) so we have desided to anoy the coalition. we have 2 shape shifters in the Group that the disguise skills and can take the exact appearance of any one, so we have been flooding our own propaganda into the streets of the burbs.

* Video of Desmond Bradford absent mindedly picking his nose and looking board durring a speech by the Emperor
* a Video of of a Young bound and naked Karl Prosek being dominated by a young Erin Tarn in a Dominatrix outfit and a cat-o-nine tails( the young Erin is based on images from the German Books.. we titled this "The real reason for the bounty on Erin Tarns head."
* a Video and Pictures of Joseph Prosek naked in a hot tub with 2 naked male Juicers, surounded by candles with "mood" music playing in the background.
* a Video of a meeting between Karl Prosek and Erin Tarn, the look at each other with Distain then break into a passionate Kiss.

:badbad: :lol:
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Mallak's Place wrote:Our group is urrently hanging out in the burbs and have nothing to do but entertain themselves ( we are between adventures and the gm hasn't finished our next adventure) so we have desided to anoy the coalition. we have 2 shape shifters in the Group that the disguise skills and can take the exact appearance of any one, so we have been flooding our own propaganda into the streets of the burbs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D 8) :bandit:

Awesome!
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Played a very short lived online game a few years ago. The first session was essientially how the three character's meet and decide to venture to Lazlo for fame and fortune. Two of us understand this, and other than some friendly rivalry we partner up right away. The third player really wanted to play the teenaged loner type, and kept blowing off our characters. So we try to convince him to come along with us to Lazlo and he just won't cooperate. The GM gets annoyed, and has the wind blow a poster up to the kid's feet that reads "Go to Lazlo and have fun!"... and the player still refuses to join up with us. It finally took an out-of-game comment from the GM to get the game moving again.

I'm all for role-playing your character, but don't be stupid about it.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

If it was a stupid thing to do, why did the GM give him the option to do it? It looks a bit silly to hand someone an option, then call them stupid for using the thing you just handed them.
My WIP browser game : Come see how it's evolving!
Philosopher Gamer: Thought provoking blog!
Driftwurld: My web comic!
Relkor: "I believe the GM ruled that they did vomit..."
Cyrano de Maniac
D-Bee

Unread post by Cyrano de Maniac »

Due to a small late-night battle on the edge of a lake and in middle of a rainstorm, one of the characters (a Burster) ends up with soaked clothing and undergarments. Due to the rain and humidity the clothing isn't dry by morning, when we need to break camp and get back on the way to find a rich businessman's kidnapped daughter.

Luckily the Burster had the foresight to pack a change of clothing, but unfortunately forgot to include undergarments. So as he rode his combat-trike, au commando, down the road that day, his smiley-face boxers were flapping in the wind, tied to a pole strapped to the motorcycle frame. Sort of a surreal battle flag, if you ask me.

It occurs to me now, 15 years later, that a Burster should have been able to create a nice little fire to hurry along the drying process. But that wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining!

Brent
Silveressa
Explorer

Unread post by Silveressa »

Actually that reminds me of a burster related incident that occurred in one of my games a while back.

After running over a burster with a Triax turbo tank who was part of a really nasty gang in the chi town burns with Samas in hot pursuit the crazy casually remarks "Hey, do ya think the Cs troops will stop for an crispy street pizza with melting sleeze?"

Which was enough to send the driver in fit of laughter and nearly wreck the tank into an oncoming apc.
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

anyone ever try puting woopie cushions into cs solders armor pants?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

Gold, pure gold... I want to know Erin's take on those videos. :lol:

CoalitionMerc wrote:attacking things with rocks just so i dont kill them with my Titan Juicer (long story short got a PS of 66 so hitting things with my fists are out of the question) took out a pirate that was boarding a TW flying ship, with a stone (crit'ed the attack).

i've pissed off my dm because of my throwing rocks.

PS caps at 60... still amusing though.

----
... I don't have any funny Rifts stuff...

Return to “Rifts®”